• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf: How do you like your Hot dogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucrid

Banned
PigSpeakers said:
I get the kosher dogs they have at Costco. Then I like it with mayo on it and maybe onions and mustard. I am a simple man with simple tastes in hot dogs.

........mayo?

RetroMG

At home: Grilled, or microwaved if I'm feeling lazy. Ketchup and Mustard on a bun or rolled piece of bread if buns are unavailable.

Out: I love Circle K/7-11 Hot dogs with Ketchup, Mustand, and melted cheese.

lethial

Reeeeeeee
If it's a real all beef hot dog, just plain with the bun - grilled or steamed. If it's some store brand then boiled or grilled with hot mustard.

Beef Dog (Sabretts, Dietz&Watson or Nathans)

At Home:
Grilled or Roasted with Mustard, Chili and Onions. or
Mustard, Chili, Onions and Slaw. or
Mustard and Kraut

Sometimes I hit the Roast Grill up for a treat.
http://roastgrill.com/

Machine

Must use a dog with natural casing so there is a "snap" when you bite into it. Preferably Koegel Viennas. Grill or steam it. Then top with coney sauce (which is NOT chili), minced onion and yellow mustard. Only exception is when at the ballpark - then a dog with mustard and pickle relish is an acceptable substitute.

Vox-Pop said:
oh god. :O
yup

bbq hotdogs
plain%20hot%20dogs-resized-600.gif

+
habanero salsa
20090813-serioussalsa.jpg

now thats "oh god" but so good

PigSpeakers said:
I get the kosher dogs they have at Costco. Then I like it with mayo on it and maybe onions and mustard. I am a simple man with simple tastes in hot dogs.

Costco has amazing hot dogs. Combined with deli mustard is great.

At home, I typically boil and top with with chili and cheese.

Also, shaped like people at the base of a plastic volcano filled with chili.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
siddx said:
Peter's Hot Dogs?
I loved me some super panchos when I lived there.

I had one of those too and they were very good, but no, these places had each variety themed after a country or region, like Brazilian, Spanish, American.. hmm.

Boiled with ketchup and mustard, but this thread has me wanting to experiment since I just bought a pack of amazing beef franks.

upJTboogie said:
Boiled with ketchup and mustard, but this thread has me wanting to experiment since I just bought a pack of amazing beef franks.
Do it!

I love seeing all the different ways people are eating them in this thread. Hell, I never even heard of wrapping them in bacon nor did I ever think about steaming them at home.

Just had 2 for a mid day meal and I have another 2 waiting for me if we don't get a pizza tonight ... might try steaming them.

Ignignort

Split open a hotdog bun put that and the hotdog on a tray in the oven. Once the inside of the bun is a tiny bit cooked the hot dog will be hot enough aswell. Add sauce

btkadams

ba9e5c2294bd93ab3a55eb009aebcb9cb409cb6416.jpg

i like my turkey/chicken hot dogs grilled with poutine on top at the local tubbydog hot dog place.

they also make one with peanut butter, jelly, and cap'n crunch on top.

Chris R

Plain beef dog aka ballpark dog is ketchup/mustard/sweet relish
Kosher dog aka footlong from costco/sams is kraut/mayo

Haven't had a hotdog in forever though.

Just had some Boar's Head Beef Frankfurters tonight that were still in their casing. There really is nothing like that nice snap you get with those types of dogs.

Eljay

Neo Member
With baked beans.

In the rare chance I'm in possession of a gluten free hot dog bun, then I'll take it with just a slathering of spicy mustard.

Alkimia

Neo Member
Haven't got much preference for different ways of cooking or toppings. Only thing is, I can't stand hot dog buns. They always fall apart.

That's why the best way to have a hot dog is in a baguette.

Okay so I understand the problem gaf has with spiders, they're totally cute but what ever. I also understand why women with sharp knees are total turn off to the hive mind.(though I don't agree with this) But what in the fuck is wrong with putting ketchup on hotdogs? I thought this was common practice. I..I..I do it, and love it.

Oh and feeding things pizza, I get gaf on that one as well.

LProtag

Here's a tip:

Put the condiments on the bun then put the hotdog on the bun. No more ketchup all over your upper lip when you take a bite.

Also I just use ketchup and sometimes some relish.

Koodo

Banned
btkadams said:
ba9e5c2294bd93ab3a55eb009aebcb9cb409cb6416.jpg

i like my turkey/chicken hot dogs grilled with poutine on top at the local tubbydog hot dog place.

they also make one with peanut butter, jelly, and cap'n crunch on top.
omg Tubby Dog!

Their tubby hotdog slays me. Chili, cheese, bacon, etc.

Steam soft + hot, then toss on a hot-ass grill (or really hot cast-iron) briefly to get a bit of char. Bit of spicy mustard, finely chopped onion, and a pickle spear. Or just go plain. Fuck ketchup.

Two ways! I always prefer pork hot dogs over beef!

Boiled pork hot dogs - plain, no bun. I get a bit nostalgic for this one. When me and my sister were kids my mom would boil some as a quick snack. I like how the boiling process removes some of the saltiness.

BBQ hot dog on a bun, plain: I don't like condiments, so this is how I like to eat them. Nothing beats the smokiness that comes from a charcoal grill.

blamite

The Chicago Dog is the only hot dog int he world as far as I'm concerned.

chicago-dog.jpg

Look at that thing. Look at how fucking delicious it is. I'm hungRy already.

Also, anyone who puts ketchup on their hot dogs is dead to me.

edit: Looking back at the thread, I'm appalled by some of the abominations you guys are posting. For shame.

kingofthedead45 said:
Okay so I understand the problem gaf has with spiders, they're totally cute but what ever. I also understand why women with sharp knees are total turn off to the hive mind.(though I don't agree with this) But what in the fuck is wrong with putting ketchup on hotdogs? I thought this was common practice. I..I..I do it, and love it.

Oh and feeding things pizza, I get gaf on that one as well.

food snobs hate ketchup regardless of the circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom