• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf: How do you like your Hot dogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the basic on a bun with Onions, mustard, ketchup, mayo, etc
+
Parmesan cheese
parmesan-large.jpg

On a second note; has anyone ever tried this? (just found it in Google images)
h-wd0609-Spaghetti-Hot-Dogs.jpg

hayejin

Used to love me CostCo's Hebrew National Hot Dogs.

Now they swtiched to Kirkland crap and it's too salty and now I just get the churros only.

Vulcano's assistant said:
the basic on a bun with Onions, mustard, ketchup, mayo, etc
+
Parmesan cheese
parmesan-large.jpg

Those are oddly creepy. Like if you saw that coming out of your skin.

besada

Banned
Broiled all-beef dog.
Wrap the bun in a paper towel and microwave it for ten seconds.
Onion, cheese, mustard and ketchup (preferably Serrano ketchup). Sometimes a little Sriracha. Every once in a blue moon, chili, no beans.

This place where I live sells the greatest hotdog in the world, and its open till like 3am too.

They call it the 'stoner dog' it has the dog, chili, cheese, fritos, onions, bacon, mustard on a warm bun served with fries and a drink.

Best goddamn hotdog on earth, especially at like 2am.

With ketchup, mustard and relish, and on an untoasted bun. That's all I need. I also like all beef Hebrew National, I think it cuts down on the nasty stuff a little.

Zertez

I like beef or pork hotdogs with natural casings, but sadly finding any hotdogs with natural casings is getting tough. I like the snap of natural casings and they seem to hold more flavor and the natural juices inside when cooked. Grilled, broiled, boiled, cooked on a flat top, cooking method doesnt matter as much to me. I like the bun slightly steamed with mustard, relish and maybe a pickle wedge on top.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Vulcano's assistant said:

That made my skin crawl. I'm itching all over now, thanks a lot man.

etiolate

Banned
Generally, I like them grilled the best. I have had some that were steamed in beer. Pretty good.

On a bun of course, with kraut, chili, onions and cheese. Hot peppers, too. Maybe sprinkle a little celery salt on top.

geeko

Grilled is my favorite method but I have been microwaving them for years because it's so quick.

The only thing I don't like about this method is how they cook unevenly with the ends cooking quicker than the middle. My solution I figured out a couple years ago is that I take the hot dog, wrap it in a paper towel, and soak it with water before I nuke it. It kinda steams them and they definitely comes out much better this way.

Mustard and ketchup with onion on a warm bun ftw.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Oddly enough, one of the best hot dogs I've had was from a street vendor at 1am. It was steamed and had marinated peppers, pineapple, and cream cheese.

If I'm making them at home, I usually like to toss a couple in the toaster oven (since I can't have a grill) until they split and then load up on relish, ketchup, brown mustard, and banana peppers.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Microwave then into a bun then i put some ketchup on and eat.

quick meal in 1 minute.

Tymerend

Chicago style.

I was sad when I had to leave Chicago to move to Kansas City. Fortunately, found a place that does really good Chicago dogs, so the city is somewhat liveable now.

Also, ketchup? Keep that shit away.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Black-Wind said:
Last night I ate my last 2 beef hot dogs and tried putting cheese on them ... yeah, not my thing :/

Because of you I forgo-ed dinner to eat 3 hot dogs, damn you black wind <3

Reading the thread had me jonesing for hot dogs, at least my hunger was satisfied

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom