• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Justice League : F2P fantasy football 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aside from ridley getting benched, i'm happy with my team so far. Playing against boldin and fitz I think is what will do me in this week.

EDIT: LOL DAVID WILSON. Thanks for keeping my game close with your negative points!

This game is insane. Up 14 points now(from 28.5 at the start) and trying to dodge 4 players. Please bench Wilson(although he is helping me out so far) and Romo keep handing the ball off.

ESPN score settings or maybe it's just the league, screwed me out of a point. Rams D only gave up 17 points not 24. If I lose by a point I'll be pissed.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Aside from ridley getting benched, i'm happy with my team so far. Playing against boldin and fitz I think is what will do me in this week.

EDIT: LOL DAVID WILSON. Thanks for keeping my game close with your negative points!

Pretty sure your playing me. What the fuck Wilson have him in another league. Dude is fucking me over.

The settings to this league really suck. Romo sacked twice in a row. You'd think he'd lose rushing yardage, right? Nope. Can I have the GAF economy league back, this league's rules blow hard.

Should've started Eli... I have a fairly comfortable lead, but I've learned years ago to never trust Vick (and I'm an Eagles fan)

If everything goes well, I'll be 1-0 in all 4 of my leagues. Not a bad start

Jayhawk

The settings to this league really suck. Romo sacked twice in a row. You'd think he'd lose rushing yardage, right? Nope. Can I have the GAF economy league back, this league's rules blow hard.

Sacks don't count towards rushing yards in the NFL, so you're complaining about NFL rules.

Jayhawk

Man, I wasn't able to get ANYBODY on the wire... I hate the wire setting where it resets each week due to ranking...

Same. I had two guys on the wire, and didn't claim any of them. It's almost beneficial to lose the first couple of weeks to replace your draft duds with high waiver priority pickups.

.GqueB.

Banned
Same. I had two guys on the wire, and didn't claim any of them. It's almost beneficial to lose the first couple of weeks to replace your draft duds with high waiver priority pickups.

I had a craptacular showing in both my leagues and I'm 1st and 2nd. HORRRRAAYYY!!!???

Vyer

Squeaked by week 1, but damn it was a bad week.

Sounded next to impossible before. I still can't believe it can still happen. This was a horrid week for top 10 RB's not named McCoy

And how do you get the Beast Mode trophy?

I think LM hands the trophies out.

It's looking like another decent week for my team already. If Cruz does a little more work, I have a shot at the Beast Mode/Highest scoring team trophies again!!! Also hoping that Bush calms down so that I won't have to worry about a comeback

Edit: well damn, Bush is hurt. Now I feel bad

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Any word from our LM? He should be unbanned by now, right?

Funny you should say that...

I'm back! Sorry I was gone, hell of a week. Issues will be addressed and justice will be meted out. First of all, fractional scoring starts next week, unless anybody objects.

Man, I wasn't able to get ANYBODY on the wire... I hate the wire setting where it resets each week due to ranking...

I can change this, I wasn't aware it was a problem. What setting is preferable? I'll go check ESPN now to see what the options are.

Also, would the GJL3 League Manager care to share their league's link/info with me? You can PM me, I'd just like to have a good list of all 3 leagues and the participants in the OP so we can communicate and, and so we can all know who we're talking shit to :p

Hope everyone is enjoying their time in the league and likes their trophies, remember my door is always open.

Jayhawk

I can change this, I wasn't aware it was a problem. What setting is preferable? I'll go check ESPN now to see what the options are.

Changing the waiver settings at this point would be unfair. I blame myself for not looking up the waiver rules before the season started. I'm used to a continual rolling list, not one changed week-by-week based on standings. Unless AJ Green has a monster game, I'll be 2-0 before Gronkowski even plays a snap... however, my RBs are terrible, but that was the draft risk I took when passing on the RBs I didn't like and were available whenever I had a pick.

Arkos

Changing the waiver settings at this point would be unfair. I blame myself for not looking up the waiver rules before the season started. I'm used to a continual rolling list, not one changed week-by-week based on standings. Unless AJ Green has a monster game, I'll be 2-0 before Gronkowski even plays a snap... however, my RBs are terrible, but that was the draft risk I took when passing on the RBs I didn't like and were available whenever I had a pick.

Gotcha. Sorry :(

It's what the leagues I've been in have always used so I saw it and figured it was okay.

Vyer

welcome back LM.

Man, got beat down in Week 2. With MJD sucking and Bell out for who knows how long, I might just go with an All Texan RB corps. lol

DarkFlow

Banned
Trent Richardson, Steven Jackson, and Russell Wilson sunk me this week, enjoy your victory bad with names. Victory strikes again, I'm coming hard at you next week. The butt fumblers shall rise again!

I'm gonna make league 2 my bitch. All y'all gonna get ran the fuck over. Have fun playing for 2nd place.

Aye Aye Kaep'N > all of youuuuuuuuuuuu

Wait, so what's the new Waiver Wire Settings?

And I'm doing a lot better than I thought I would be doing. All I need is a new freakin' team name, and I'll be set. I'm gunning for that Tier 1 league!

Arkos

Will we get trophies this week?

Yeah, I just have to wait till Monday night/Tuesday to do them. Going to do them now. You are dominating, nice work. And it sounds like it might be unfair to change the waiver system at this point? See above, feel free to give your input, for now I'll keep it as is, we'll see.

Edit: so I turned on fractional scoring, and it is retroactive. And, under fractional scoring, GiLL would have beaten Only Goodell Forgives in week 1. Since Goodell won under the settings that were in place at the time, I adjusted the scores so that Goodell retains his win. Unless he wants to nobly accept that loss, I don't feel right having the outcome of the game change because we changed the settings. Other than that, it's all gravy

DarkFlow

Banned
Whoever owns Steven Ridley Fuck Sucks, thanks for leaving McGahee open for me to pick up! Always nice to pick up a starting RB off the wire, even if it is the browns. Also i would like to thank the colts for saving my 1st round pick from the browns.

Vyer

Yeah, I just have to wait till Monday night/Tuesday to do them. Going to do them now. You are dominating, nice work. And it sounds like it might be unfair to change the waiver system at this point? See above, feel free to give your input, for now I'll keep it as is, we'll see.

Edit: so I turned on fractional scoring, and it is retroactive. And, under fractional scoring, GiLL would have beaten Only Goodell Forgives in week 1. Since Goodell won under the settings that were in place at the time, I adjusted the scores so that Goodell retains his win. Unless he wants to nobly accept that loss, I don't feel right having the outcome of the game change because we changed the settings. Other than that, it's all gravy

If The League prefers it, I'm willing to take the loss. Just as long as we make a decision now instead of it causing problems down the line.

I don't mean to be mean, but I have to ask: is Team Gill actually playing? I ask because he hasn't taken out Steven Jackson yet, made no moves on the wire (even though he's 1st on the waiver order) and still has Vick Ballard on his roster.

Arkos

If The League prefers it, I'm willing to take the loss. Just as long as we make a decision now instead of it causing problems down the line.

Ok then. You are a noble and virtuous warrior

I don't mean to be mean, but I have to ask: is Team Gill actually playing? I ask because he hasn't taken out Steven Jackson yet, made no moves on the wire (even though he's 1st on the waiver order) and still has Vick Ballard on his roster.

There was somebody I was wondering this about before the season, but they assured me that they were playing. I'll keep an eye on it. Edit: I checked and it wasn't him, maybe he's just having a busy week or something. We'll see

Jayhawk

Regarding the idea where the teams move between the leagues each year, I am fine with the top 4 of each league this year forming GJL1 next year, middle 4 as GJL2, etc.

For future years however, I don't think it should work quite like that. For example, I'd be against somebody working their way to GJL1, placing top 4 for a couple seasons and then one year, they place 9th and they're being bumped down two leagues to GJL3. After this year, I'd prefer that you can't get promoted/demoted two levels.

JL1: Top 10 stay in JL1
Bottom 2 drop to JL2
JL2: Top 2 move to JL1
3-10 stay in JL2
Bottom 2 drop to JL3
JL3: Top 2 move to JL2
The rest stay in JL3

And fuck Zach sudfield. Curse you fantasy analysts!

That sounds good to me

and its not as crappy as the premier league, because any team could move up or down year to year. This isn't a dynasty where MANU/Chelsea/Arsenal will always be in the top 6

An addendum:
If we kick anyone out of a league or they leave:
If its not one of the bottom two people in the league,three people from the lower leagues move up. The new team owner is in JL3.

Say JL1 has the 3rd place man leave:
JL1: 1,2,4-10 Stay in JL1
11-12 drop to JL2
Team 3 decides to Leave GAF and is banned by BISH for being a quitter
End results: 9 from JL1, 3 from JL2
JL2: 1-3 move to JL1
4-10 stay in JL2
11-12 bottom teams drop to JL3
End results: 2 from JL1, 8 from JL2, 3 from JL3
JL3: 1-3 move to JL2
4-12 stay in the JL3
1 new team owner is added to JL3
End results: 9 from JL3, 2 from JL2, 1 new owner

In this case JL3 gets to move up 3 people to JL2, because the new owner is theoretically dropped all the way from JL1 to JL3
Say JL1 has the 11th place team leave:
JL1: 1-10 Stay in JL1
12 drops to JL2
11 Leaves GAF and is banned by BISH for leaving after losing
End results: 10 from JL1, 2 from JL2
JL2: 1-2 move to JL1
3-10 stay in JL2
11-12 bottom teams drop to JL3
End results: 1 from JL1, 8 from JL2, 3 from JL3
JL3: 1-3 move to JL2
4-12 stay in the JL3
1 new team owner is added to JL3
End results: 9 from JL3, 2 from JL2, 1 new owner

Jayhawk

I like lastflowers's suggestions for team promotions/demotions. On another subject, any of you are like me and prefer auction drafts? Just curious, since this is the first snake draft I have done in a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom