• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Justice League : F2P fantasy football 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkFlow

Banned
Is Mad Dog afk?

I'm almost positive I sent him a trade and he declined it. I could be imagining things though

It looks like it, I'm facing him this week and he still has Rodgers at QB and Smith at WR on there Bye week. He left Boldin on the bench already, has no back up QB so I'm pretty much going to coast to a win this week.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
I still want my team to improve but every week I'm getting closer to trading. It can be hard to accept that a big-ish name is going to have a down season, and once it becomes apparent it's hard to trade em :(

Arkos

Glad I'm playing someone playing 2 bye week players, because R. Wilson is laying a egg right now.

Damn that's shirty though. Try to replace them if they keep it up I guess. I'm relying on Wilson AND Ray Rice trying to get my 1st win :/

Omega

Banned
is there nothing we can do about the AFKs in league 3?

Le'Veon Bell seems legit. I won't have to suffer with Stevan Ridley anymore! :D

Arkos

is there nothing we can do about the AFKs in league 3?

Le'Veon Bell seems legit. I won't have to suffer with Stevan Ridley anymore! :D

I totally would have drafted Bell but I thought he'd be out longer. He is legit.

And send a PM or email to your LM, SuicideUZI. Ask him or if he's busy ask him to add me as a LM to that league and I'll see about it (I have no hand in JL3 atm, I was out of town or banned when it finally got made, I forget which-- maybe both lol)

Arkos

Anybody in JL1 that wants to trade with the Stupendous Men, start making me offers! Because apparently what I've got is not working. Just... shit. I'm probably not even going to cover the spread (25 points lol). On the plus side, I'm the only person with a 4 in their record right now :p

Anybody in JL1 that wants to trade with the Stupendous Men, start making me offers! Because apparently what I've got is not working. Just... shit. I'm probably not even going to cover the spread (25 points lol). On the plus side, I'm the only person with a 4 in their record right now :p
Can't remember who you have, but I'll start shooting out some offers. I'm shopping around Cruz, Forte, or J. Bell if anyone else is interested.

Jayhawk

If anybody in JGL1 needs QB help, I have Philip Rivers sitting pretty on my bench behind Peyton Manning. I am looking for a starting RB, though reception-beasts Darren Sproles and Danny Woodhead are performing admirably for me

Vyer

JL1, I hope more people use the trading block feature on the site. Might be helpful for anyone looking to make a move

JL1, I hope more people use the trading block feature on the site. Might be helpful for anyone looking to make a move

Yeah, more people really need to use that feature. I usually try to go for the type of trades that help both teams, but I have no idea what anyone besides Vyer is even looking for

Arkos

I will do that post haste. Also, Pondering Deep Thoughts played Jordy Nelson on his bye week and has nobody on his bench to play tonight :3

Edit: damn that trading block feature is pretty helpful. Everybody check it out if you get a chance.

I will do that post haste. Also, Pondering Deep Thoughts played Jordy Nelson on his bye week and has nobody on his bench to play tonight :3

Edit: damn that trading block feature is pretty helpful. Everybody check it out if you get a chance.

Holy shit dude... I saw the trading block, and was laughing for a good 5 minutes. Your WHOLE damn team is on the block :lol

Edit: and I can't believe I miss the weekly high by 0.2 points....

Arkos

Lol yeah well, I figured that way people wouldn't be shy about offering me trades. Obviously it's about time for a drastic overhaul if I want to try to make it into at least JL2 next year :p

On a brighter note, trophies have been assigned, including the dreaded AFK trophy going to Pondering Deep Thoughts, and I'll get back to Vyer and youngplaya about the trade offers this afternoon.

First trade of the year!!! Hope like hell the gamble pays off, but I figure that I can afford the risk with my RB core intact and Garcon doing work. All I need now is a consistent QB1, and I think I can rest easy

Arkos

I am pleased with the trade, I too hope it works out for both of us. Feel a lot better about my team already, although I hate letting those guys go. We shall see I guess!

Vyer

I'm still looking for a good WR (though Thompkins might start filling in nicely) and only Foster and D.Thomas are 'untouchable'.... unless of course something really wows me. :)

First trade of the year!!! Hope like hell the gamble pays off, but I figure that I can afford the risk with my RB core intact and Garcon doing work. All I need now is a consistent QB1, and I think I can rest easy

I don't think it's much of a risk for you, as you kept all of your core intact. Good potential high reward.

Hell, I didn't really think Rice and Roddy could be had at such a bargain.... :)

Traded Lamar Miller for Dwayne Bowe. Don't block my trade! I need WR help badly.

Yeah I feel it's pretty fair though Bowe I'm convinced hates me personally and will probably now blow up.

Traded Lamar Miller for Dwayne Bowe. Don't block my trade! I need WR help badly.
Seems like a fair trade to me. And sorry I denied the trade without sending a message: thought there was another screen popping up with the option. Still interested in Ryan, but him and Johnson isn't enough to make that work

Who should I start in my flex this week? These are the pitiful options:

-Willis McGahee
-Nate Washington
-Coby Fleener

I'm planning on using Washington. My reasoning is: McGahee hasn't shown anything yet so why gamble when he's yet to prove himself in Cleveland, and Fleener is playing Seattle, plus he's been hit or miss.

I know none of these options are great but I feel like there's the least risk with Washington even though he's playing KC. I figure KC is going to clamp down on CJ forcing the passing game to beat them. Washington benefit from this, potential..lol

-Willis McGahee
-Nate Washington
-Coby Fleener

I'm planning on using Washington. My reasoning is: McGahee hasn't shown anything yet so why gamble when he's yet to prove himself in Cleveland, and Fleener is playing Seattle, plus he's been hit or miss.

I know none of these options are great but I feel like there's the least risk with Washington even though he's playing KC. I figure KC is going to clamp down on CJ forcing the passing game to beat them. Washington benefit from this, potential..lol
I'd say Washington, but don't forget that he now has Fitzpatrick throwing to him now too. There's nothing on the wire to choose from? I don't see any of those choices getting you more than 5 points this week

Arkos

-Willis McGahee
-Nate Washington
-Coby Fleener

I am forever averse from Nate Washington after having him a few seasons ago, but I can't really argue with your reasoning. Washington isn't bad, he just doesn't put up reliable numbers.

I'd say Washington, but don't forget that he now has Fitzpatrick throwing to him now too. There's nothing on the wire to choose from? I don't see any of those choices getting you more than 5 points this week

I know. These choices suck. I play in a 12 team dynasty league and so when any player may be good, they get picked up and stashed. I mean, I have Jeremy Maclin on my bench planning for next year.

I dropped Avery for Washington. Miles Austin was available but picked up (I don't even think he's worth a bench spot at this time). Snelling and Rodgers both are gone. Powell gone. Anyone that is a starter has been picked up (including Rashad Jennings, who I also wouldn't even want).

I have Bowe and Kembrel Thompkins who I've been trying to trade like mad, but nobody wants them, but even if I did that wouldn't help my current situation because I want quality over quantity. Bowe and Thompkins are my starters this week at WR. Sproles and Lacy at RB. Thomas at TE..And Brees at QB. Thankfully I play the worst team in the league so I hope I can go to 4-1. VJ is my other WR but he's on a bye.

I am forever averse from Nate Washington after having him a few seasons ago, but I can't really argue with your reasoning. Washington isn't bad, he just doesn't put up reliable numbers.

I hear ya. It's really just for this week as next week I get VJ back...my bench sucks!!!!!!!!!!! Let's hope for another big Kembrel Thompkins week..lol

Man, I hate waiting for trades to go thru. Go ahead and let the trades process commish! No one seems to object to either trade anyways...

Arkos

Man, I hate waiting for trades to go thru. Go ahead and let the trades process commish! No one seems to object to either trade anyways...

I didn't think I could? There's a two day wait on trades so they aren't just instantaneous, but if they're agreed on they really should process before the Thursday games. I'll see what I can do (I was gonna ask you if you could push it through since you initiated it lol)

Edit: Trade success! Put both of them through, look at my spiffy new roster :p

DarkFlow

Banned

-Willis McGahee
-Nate Washington
-Coby Fleener

I feel bad for you, I would say get something off the wire, I'm positive something better is out there. I'm glad I don't have a flex problem, I have Jordan Cameron running flex while Jimmy Graham holds down TE. Them 2 alone are almost winning every match up for me.

Liking the news regarding the Ravens and Rice already. A recently acquired top 10 LT AND word from Harbaugh that they need to reinstall Rice as a focal point now!

Arkos

Liking the news regarding the Ravens and Rice already. A recently acquired top 10 LT AND word from Harbaugh that they need to reinstall Rice as a focal point now!

Gaah I just saw that after I did the trade too lol. But I seriously need production right now, preferably from a WR, so I'm still happy. If Victor Cruz doesn't catch passes then I don't know who the fuck does

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom