• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Justice League : F2P fantasy football 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

rCIZZLE

Needed a bye week QB and of course the asshole gets hurt right away. This is why I hate starting anybody that has a Thursday game.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Last week before inter-divisional play! This is the week I finally get over the hump, I can feel it

DarkFlow

Banned
Well this week has sucked, It seems like all my good players decided this was the week to implode. Cameron gave 4.5 points, Welker is sitting on fucking 0 about to go to halftime, Trent gave me 5. Fuckin team.

Should pull out the victory if Julio Jones plays. Otherwise if it's just Ryan it might be close.
It's definitely gonna be close. The kicker +20 points vs Ryan/Julio. I assume Ryan will wipe out the lead, but I'm hoping either Julio doesn't score or the Broncos get a taint...

Edit: nvm, I'm fucked. Well, at least I kept it close. Blackmon did WORK (glad I listened to frankman and started him), Rice already has me glad I sent the trade, and I kept a matchup I was projected to lose by 20 close. I HAVE to get a more durable QB though...

Already won this week and I still have julio to go. Nice to get a win after losing two straight :|

Also if anyone in jl2 is looking for a trade maybe we can work something out.

DarkFlow

Banned
Terrelle Pryor, you can win this for me! I'm down by 11 now, and if I can get a TD or 2 out of Woodhead also, I'm gold.

Looks like Jones was just short of the end zone...but they go for it on 4th and Sorry For Beating you doesn't get 3 points. =)

Started 17 down. Now I'm down 4. Looking good for me.

DarkFlow

Banned
So I tied this week, not bad seeing as I was down by like 30+ at one point.

Also seems we have no Tie breaker in JL3... Can we get a LM that gives a shit, please? I'll do it.

Also seems we have no Tie breaker in JL3... Can we get a LM that gives a shit, please? I'll do it.

where were you when we needed someone to start up JL3? I was the only one willing to get the ball rolling to start a 3rd league even tho I had no desire to be the LM

Arkos

Pump the brakes.

where were you when we needed someone to start up JL3? I was the only one willing to get the ball rolling to start a 3rd league even tho I had no desire to be the LM

This. Don't get mad at UZI, I was away/banned so I couldn't set up league 3 so if anything it's my fault and we're lucky we even have a third league at all. I now have LM powers, I will come over there and try to address any concerns.

That being said, WHOO I squeaked out my first W even though I tried to lose it on Monday night! Now it's on to face the guy who scored 170 points in week 1! Who I just traded Ray Rice to! :p

Pump the brakes.

This. Don't get mad at UZI, I was away/banned so I couldn't set up league 3 so if anything it's my fault and we're lucky we even have a third league at all. I now have LM powers, I will come over there and try to address any concerns.

That being said, WHOO I squeaked out my first W even though I tried to lose it on Monday night! Now it's on to face the guy who scored 170 points in week 1! Who I just traded Ray Rice to! :p
This should be fun. Wanna put our team names at stake?

Arkos

Edit: deal ^^^ It's on like Donkey Kong

JL3 has had its scoring changed to fractional, the 0.5 PPR and 0.5 PPCompletion are still intact, it didn't change any old results and it fixed the tie this week. I've sent out emails to JL3 members who have played players on their bye week and we'll go from there.

If you're from JL3 and are reading this, PM me your team name and GAF name so I can keep everything straight. It helps with communication and it'll also help us set up the leagues for next year.

DarkFlow

Banned

I was here, no one asked me to start it or I would have. You just seem kinda aloof, not giving out trophies, or anything like that. This is the first time I've seen you post in here in weeks. Also I'm not trying to be a dick, just annoying when it feels like you're being ignored, that's all.

I was here, no one asked me to start it or I would have. You just seem kinda aloof, not giving out trophies, or anything like that. This is the first time I've seen you post in here in weeks. Also I'm not trying to be a dick, just annoying when it feels like you're being ignored, that's all.

well Arkos has control now, he knows a lot more about how to manage the league than I do. I am pretty new to Fantasy Football, not even sure what "fractional" scoring means so I'm probably not qualified to be the LM, but no one else was stepping up to start JL3 so I did it

Arkos

It is all gravy. I'll see about trophies, they're actually the biggest ongoing time consumer of being LM (trying to mete them out appropriately and interestingly-- but it is still fun to do). I might have to delegate that one for the leagues I'm not in

Arkos

what does fractional scoring change?

It just makes it so that a RB or WR gets 0.1 points for every yard they gain, instead of the "all or nothing" approach of 1 point for every 10 yards. It does a similar thing for QB passing yards. Mainly it helps avoid ties and give the scoring a little more nuance. It applied to the season retroactively, but didn't change the outcome of any games (well except for deciding the tie from this week).

I also changed JL2 to fractional to avoid any future ties, and it didn't affect any outcomes there either.

Edit: And DarkFlow is going to be doing trophies for JL3 now! And yeah definitely don't feel constrained by my trophies

DarkFlow

Banned
Since I'm doing Trophies for JL3, do you want the same one's that are in the OP post, or do you have any ideas of your own? For now I'll roll with the same ones as JL1 but if you guys want some different ones let me know.

Arkos

Can anybody give me a clear description of how the ESPN.com consolation ladder works in the playoffs? I remember it seeming arbitrary and lame when I've been in ESPN leagues before, so I'm contemplating an alternate "loser's bracket" structure. ESPN.com's own description of their system is a little tough to wrap my feeble brain around.

Can anybody give me a clear description of how the ESPN.com consolation ladder works in the playoffs? I remember it seeming arbitrary and lame when I've been in ESPN leagues before, so I'm contemplating an alternate "loser's bracket" structure. ESPN.com's own description of their system is a little tough to wrap my feeble brain around.
You mean when whoever loses fight for third place???

And holy shit at the Julio Jones rumors. Anyone want Roddy White?

I have Marshawn Lynch on the block with Jones potential season ending injury. Looking for a top WR and something on the side. Sent out some trades...probably more to come.

I have Marshawn Lynch on the block with Jones potential season ending injury. Looking for a top WR and something on the side. Sent out some trades...probably more to come.

Solid trade with Lynch and Jennings for Richardson/Johnson.

I was big on the Richardson bandwagon in the preseason--and still believe in him--but it's hard to. The safer play with lynch, while you upgrading in receiver and possibly receiving only a slight downgrade at RB seems like a really fair trade. One of the few FF trades I've been offered in a while that I feel really benefits both teams

I just saw you offer Lynch and Jennings for Megatron and Rivers. Tempting...

Had 4 offers out there and I guess I'll go with the first one to accept(so I cancelled the other ones). All were pretty fair trades. Johnson is nice to have if Schaub(who I have) ever gets it going(if he even plays). Hopefully the trade goes through.

Solid trade with Lynch and Jennings for Richardson/Johnson.

I was big on the Richardson bandwagon in the preseason--and still believe in him--but it's hard to. The safer play with lynch, while you upgrading in receiver and possibly receiving only a slight downgrade at RB seems like a really fair trade. One of the few FF trades I've been offered in a while that I feel really benefits both teams

You have Jones to replace Johnson and yeah, you're getting a back that can put up 30 points any given week. So yeah, nice dealing with ya.

Arkos

Trade upheld! If you ever need a trade to go through and you're worried it might not in time for waivers or Thursday games just message me. The only reason for a delay is to guard against shady or overly-impulsive trades

You mean when whoever loses fight for third place???

Lol yes that's what I mean, but it could actually become important in the future when, say, the difference between 8th and 9th place means being relegated, so I'm trying to make sure it's set up well

Vyer

PPR makes RBs less important, though top-tier is top-tier

Yeah, talking top tier. 1/2 pt PPR or not, we're still talking about the top backs. And PPR makes some of them even more elite.

I mean, our top two teams just added Lynch and Rice. That's significant.

Arkos

Yeah, talking top tier. 1/2 pt PPR or not, we're still talking about the top backs. And PPR makes some of them even more elite.

I mean, our top two teams just added Lynch and Rice. That's significant.

That is true, but those two teams were also already loaded. When you can trade away Trent Richardson and Calvin Johnson, or Victor Cruz and Jason Witten, without breaking a sweat, I mean shit :p I always felt like a little PPR helps balance RBs with WRs (in most cases)

Jayhawk

So I looked at how the consolidation ladder works for the bottom half of the league during playoff weeks and it's almost like how we plan to do team promotions/demotions between the three leagues after the next season.

Week 1 of Playoffs
Matchup 1: top consolidation tier
Seeds 7 and 8 -> Winner stays at top tier for the next week's matchup, loser moves down to middle tier for the next week's matchup

Matchup 2: middle consolidation tier
Seeds 9 and 10 -> Winner moves up to top tier for the next week's matchup, loser moves down to bottom tier for the next week's matchup

Matchup 3: bottom consolidation tier
Seeds 11 and 12 -> Winner moves up to middle tier for the next week's matchup, loser stays at the bottom tier for the next week's matchup....

Weeks 2 and 3 of Playoffs:
Matchups based on previous week's results, tier promotion/demotions are similar, except for week #3 it determines final placement in the rankings.

Arkos

So I looked at how the consolidation ladder works for the bottom half of the league during playoff weeks and it's almost like how we plan to do team promotions/demotions between the three leagues after the next season.

Week 1 of Playoffs
Matchup 1: top consolidation tier
Seeds 7 and 8 -> Winner stays at top tier for the next week's matchup, loser moves down to middle tier for the next week's matchup

Matchup 2: middle consolidation tier
Seeds 9 and 10 -> Winner moves up to top tier for the next week's matchup, loser moves down to bottom tier for the next week's matchup

Matchup 3: bottom consolidation tier
Seeds 11 and 12 -> Winner moves up to middle tier for the next week's matchup, loser stays at the bottom tier for the next week's matchup....

Weeks 2 and 3 of Playoffs:
Matchups based on previous week's results, tier promotion/demotions are similar, except for week #3 it determines final placement in the rankings.

Yes, this is what I'm talking about. I see how they have it set up, and it's nice as a little "side playoffs" thing, but last year I specifically remember that there was no "Sacko Bowl" or other equivalent. After the first week of the playoffs, matchups are determined by your "playoff record," rather than on your overall record, so you a) aren't guaranteed a Sacko Bowl and b) aren't even guaranteed that the person with the worst record will finish "last."

I wanted to possibly use a different format that would be basically a round-robin type deal for the first two weeks, and the last week have 3v4, 5v6, 7v8, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom