• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Mafia/Werewolf |OT| A forum game of secrets and treachery - sign up to play!

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

cabot

Poor Visulante... I don't know if it would've changed anything, but it might've. Either way, have fun in the Dead Thread! I mean no malice by that; it was a hoot for me, and I went into it relatively late last time. Now, you get to laugh at all 3 games, knowing everyone's roles regardless of what they claim! It was nice playing with you, Vis! Hopefully we'll meet again in Season 4!

... Or in the Dead Thread. I died several weeks after I thought I'd be killed last game. I'm assuming I'm probably going early this time around as a result of surviving for far too long last time.

I essentially followed both AC and Star Wars from the off, and I was reasonably sure you and TWE were hatching some great mafia plan with the combat buddies thang.

Thank god I didn't make a fool of myself in there

Palmer_v1

Ouro too slow with the update! Is it too late to abandon ship?

I can see a vaguely spooky island in the distance that I'm sure is 100% safe.

Sorian

Banned
image.png

RIP

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
laugh.gif

cry.gif

We just stole the lifetime award for worst Day 1 by the way.

cabot

Well that's a bummer...

Though in fairness, he made an absolute arse of trying to save himself.

we'll all laugh at this in the dead thread, right?

hahahahahahahahaha.....ha............ha.......haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Burbeting

Banned
I mean, like... We're not the overall worst yet. Star Wars still has that honor.

Still... Um... Yikes.

Soon. We still haven't had the Archer/Cop/Seer/Blarg/Jedi/Whatever killed yet. Give it time.

What happened in Star Wars anyway in order to get those honors? Haven't dared to read season 2 games, since the threads are just so so so long.

El Topo

I feel honestly bad for Visualante2. It sucks to get killed on your first day of your first game.

I'm almost tempted to offer him my place. Almost, as in "not quite there".

Zubz

Banned
What happened in Star Wars anyway in order to get those honors? Haven't dared to read season 2 games, since the threads are just so so so long.

We kept killing Power Roles left and right. Day 1, we almost killed one of the Combat Buddies (Meaning another player would've died with him), who were both "Town." Instead, we killed our Armorer. We also had at least 3 players get targetted after claiming Mafia/Hutt, only to find out that they were all Power Roles. Including our Cop/Seer. It was a fantastic trainwreck, and the cargo was fireworks and other explosives. Most of the Rebels and the Hutts were dead, so the only REAL winners were our 2 3rd Parties (One of whom sided with the Hutts due to him having to bodyguard one).

The Hutts won overall, though.

Burbeting

Banned
We kept killing Power Roles left and right. Day 1, we almost killed one of the Combat Buddies (Meaning another player would've died with him), who were both "Town." Instead, we killed our Armorer. We also had at least 3 players get targetted after claiming Mafia/Hutt, only to find out that they were all Power Roles. Including our Cop/Seer. It was a fantastic trainwreck, and the cargo was fireworks and other explosives. Most of the Rebels and the Hutts were dead, so the only winners were our 2 3rd Parties (One of whom sided with the Hutts due to him having to bodyguard one).

Okay, that does sound like a fantastic trainwreck, in slow motion too, since every day lasts four irl days :D.

Might give it a read if I find lots of spare time.

We kept killing Power Roles left and right. Day 1, we almost killed one of the Combat Buddies (Meaning another player would've died with him), who were both "Town." Instead, we killed our Armorer. We also had at least 3 players get targetted after claiming Mafia/Hutt, only to find out that they were all Power Roles. Including our Cop/Seer. It was a fantastic trainwreck, and the cargo was fireworks and other explosives. Most of the Rebels and the Hutts were dead, so the only winners were our 2 3rd Parties (One of whom sided with the Hutts due to him having to bodyguard one).

And the other one's winning conditions were the demise of the town's two armourers!!!

BASICALLY THEY WERE BOTH SCUMS

*still sore*

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
man, our community *really* needs to learn how power roles work

Sorian

Banned
God, first Crab goes for a fake Override and now he won't stop posting in the Archer thread. This guy is just the worst.

Palmer_v1

Okay, that does sound like a fantastic trainwreck, in slow motion too, since every day lasts four irl days :D.

Might give it a read if I find lots of spare time.

It was an absolute Trainwreck. Highlights include:

Day 1 - Lynched one of two armorers. Almost lynched a Lover.
Day 2, a.k.a. Blarg Plays a Game - Second armorer role claims. Cop claims Mafia. Cop gets bussed by Neutral(me).
Night 2 - The person that I'm protecting tries to kill me, but I'm saved by another Neutral of all people. Armorer's shield is stolen by a thief.
Day 3 - My protection target tries to get me lynched as a Serial Killer. We flip flop on last second votes about a hundred times, only for Traube(now Zatoth) to use an Override command to lynch Barrylocke, who was Town. This was immediately funny because that was Barrylocke's ability in Game 1, but he was murdered before he could use it. Later on, we found out this was even more amusing because Traube actually saved the Mafia who would have had a plurality.
Night 3 - Armorer dies. We later find out that every single item he gave out ended up in the hands of Mafia players.
Day 4 - The other Neutral player wins because both of his targets have self destructed without him needing to do a thing.

It starts to become a blur after that, but at one point we end up with 6 players alive. 2 are Mafia, but due to roles they don't know who the other one is, and me, who is Neutral, protecting one of the Mafia who doesn't know who I am.

Should be an easy win for Mafia, right? Nope, we lynch one of the Mafia on mistake.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
AbsolutBro's reaction when you lynched him totally unnecessarily was the best.

El Topo

Worst thing about all this is getting mocked by Crab and Lord of Castamere. Castamere is mocking us. Castamere.

Day 2, a.k.a. Blarg Plays a Game - Second armorer role claims. Cop claims Mafia. Cop gets bussed by Neutral(me).
Night 2 - The person that I'm protecting tries to kill me, but I'm saved by another Neutral of all people. Armorer's shield is stolen by a thief.
Day 3 - My protection target tries to get me lynched as a Serial Killer. We flip flop on last second votes about a hundred times, only for Traube(now Zatoth) to use an Override command to lynch Barrylocke, who was Town. This was immediately funny because that was Barrylocke's ability in Game 1, but he was murdered before he could use it. Later on, we found out this was even more amusing because Traube actually saved the Mafia who would have had a plurality.
Night 3 - Armorer dies. We later find out that every single item he gave out ended up in the hands of Mafia players.
Day 4 - The other Neutral player wins because both of his targets have self destructed without him needing to do a thing.

It starts to become a blur after that, but at one point we end up with 6 players alive. 2 are Mafia, but due to roles they don't know who the other one is, and me, who is Neutral, protecting one of the Mafia who doesn't know who I am.

Should be an easy win for Mafia, right? Nope, we lynch one of the Mafia on mistake.

Truly. I didn't realise what I walked into when I subbed in mid-game. And that was my first mafia game ever, too!

I almost didn't want to come back. But hey, baptism by fire, right????

* develops facial tics and excessive drinking habit *

Yippee

Burbeting

Banned

Amazing. Not in any game I have played before have something like that happened :D.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Why did the Cop claim Mafia again?

What could this possibly do for him?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Star Wars Mafia was a classic example of what happens when all the crazy was put in one game.

Worst thing about all this is getting mocked by Crab and Lord of Castamere. Castamere is mocking us. Castamere.
They just be jealous of our superior crew, methinks!

Archer's Day 1 ended and a party exploded in here 🎉

Danganronpa's Day 1 ended and it was as quiet as a grave!

*Splinter

Oh thank goodness, there's still a thread I can post in to cope with the withdrawal.

Hi all, good job Archer people, I never trusted Krieger anyway.

Did the Cthulu game have any major fuck ups yet?

Sorian

Banned
They just be jealous of our superior crew, methinks!

Archer's Day 1 ended and a party exploded in here ��

Danganronpa's Day 1 ended and it was as quiet as a grave!

That's because they aren't on a trajectory to failure.

Oh thank goodness, there's still a thread I can post in to cope with the withdrawal.

Hi all, good job Archer people, I never trusted Krieger anyway.

Did the Cthulu game have any major fuck ups yet?

We don't fuck up until tomorrow. Stay tuned.

Top Bottom