• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Mafia/Werewolf |OT| A forum game of secrets and treachery - sign up to play!

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

Ourobolus

Banned
How about Hagi? Did you reach out to him, Ouro? Or any of the old players ...? ejawa, RNH, redhood, raindoc? johnnyquicknives?
Hagi doesn't want to play again this round, and no I haven't reached out to the others since they hadn't expressed interest earlier. If they want to play they are more than welcome to ping me though.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Well it seems Blarg is dying soon and... uh... nothing, really.

Yeah, forget it.

SalvaPot

"Upupupupupu."

This could be heard in the distance.

As a child, I used to be really scared of the dark. Of the unknown. I looked at the shadows lurking at the window, on the walls of room, on my soul. And I closed my eyes, willingly avoiding them. If I closed my eyes, I said to myself, they will clearly go away. I won´t have to deal with them. I just kept repeating this until, finally, exhausted, I fell sleep.

Its really not been that long since then, but it feels like a lifetime ago. But now, something is different. Now, I am not afraid of the shadows, the shadows are afraid of me. I look over them and they squirm and howl when I give them a very little pinch.

"Upupupupupu", I hear it again.

I look down on the blood that is all over the floor and I see the people that have been gathering close. The look of terror, shock, and panic engraved in my mind forever.

I could hear a voice explaining what just happened. Charming, yet frightening, it felt familiar yet alien. After the voice was done speaking, everyone instantly jumped back, covering their backs, and sudden silence invaded the room.

23 children. Not old enough to know the world but old enough to think it belonged to them. Now all they had was the tools to ensure their survival. At the cost of others.

It was clear they did not want to play, but play they did. Who is bad? Who is good? Does it even matter? I widen my eyes at the pure, pristine distrust thrown around. Some kids were quick to try to lead the others, trying to remain logical and calm. It was a dire moment, but they´ll be damned if they lose their cool. They did not wanted to win, they wanted for the madness to end. Or so they said.

But I knew. I knew they had roles to play. Roles that were imposed on them. Roles that they took unknowingly, but that they had to take to the end, or end dying. Some of them were secret allies, but had to pretend they knew nothing of it. Some of them tried to hard to stay out of troubled, but always, always, is the quiet ones who stand out the most.

And then one of them slipped. He seemed lost, confused. He knew the rules of the games, but did not realize the hidden rules of secrecy. He sat on his back, and made the most innocent of questions. Questions that, more than more questions, provided answers. Answers that everyone was starving to get. Immediately assumptions where made and the people that claimed to hold the standard of Hope made a point of lamenting the decision.

The accusations thrown around only got more severe and the time was ticking, closer and closer to the end of the day. The votes started piling on the kid that looked the plainest. It had to be him, they said, the one that talks but doesn´t.

Upupupupupu, I could hear under my breath.

It seemed to be settled, it seemed like it was going down without a fight. Then the kid, who stayed quiet for most of the day, stood up. Looking down, clenching fists. Decided.

"It is I. The Lucky Guy! You wouldn´t punish the lucky guy, would you?"

"FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK" was everyone reactions.

The room entered in full panic mode, few minutes left. Voting was coming down to the wire. And suddenly, a hand pointed at another kid.

"It has to be him."

The boy, genuinely surprised, had no time to react.

"I... but..."

It was too late, the game had taken a hold on the minds of the other kids. It was going to be him.

"Why...?"

He didn´t know. When he got in the school he was just a normal kid. Sure, he was the best at something, but even now that seemed pointless. The thought of fighting back lurked his mind for a bit, but then a epiphany came to him. He couldn´t do nothing. He did not have how, the grip of the others was too strong. He looked at the eyes of the other who now wanted him dead. He saw the shadows in those eyes.

And he understood.

He would have done the same.

It is better this way.

"Upupupupupu" I heard again. This time, I recognized where the voice was coming from.

I laughed again, delighted.

"Upupupupupu!"

The shadows now belonged to me.

For the new page, since I like the attention as much as Blarg.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Hagi doesn't want to play again this round, and no I haven't reached out to the others since they hadn't expressed interest earlier. If they want to play they are more than welcome to ping me though.

EzekelRAGE, CzarTim, and squidyj are all two-game eligible. Given two of those are in your game, that leaves you just CzarTim and we'll have to hope you don't need more replacements.

cabot

Did ante do his woefully out-of-sync last post as some sort of play to make us all feel terrible?

SOAKED IN BLOOD

CzarTim

EzekelRAGE, CzarTim, and squidyj are all two-game eligible. Given two of those are in your game, that leaves you just CzarTim and we'll have to hope you don't need more replacements.
I got spoiled because someone didn't realize I was on the replacement list and PM'd me. Nothing major but it wouldn't be fair for me to join. Sorry.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I got spoiled because someone didn't realize I was on the replacement list and PM'd me. Nothing major but it wouldn't be fair for me to join. Sorry.

Yeah, we really need to cut down on this, please.

Ouro, you can take Darryl as our first two-game player.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, we're in a real bind if Ouro ever ends up needing another replacement now, we've worked our way through the whole list already. traube and Launchpad can draw from the two-game players in other games, but they're mostly in Ouro's game so we haveourselves a problem there.

Ourobolus

Banned
All current players - for the love of god, stop PM'ing each other details about your game. It's really messing up replacing people.

Haly

Darryl already PM'd me, so I'll snag him. I'll let Time know he's off the hook for right now.

wxPQB1X.gif

Zatoth

Maybe I just missed it, but I think your rule do not mention what happens in the event of a tie, crab.

This is from your own game:

"In the event of a day ending with no player having a plurality of the votes, then the game will proceed to the next night phase with nobody lynched ("no-lynch")."

Palmer_v1

Maybe I just missed it, but I think your rule do not mention what happens in the event of a tie, crab.

This is from your own game:

"In the event of a day ending with no player having a plurality of the votes, then the game will proceed to the next night phase with nobody lynched ("no-lynch")."

Tie is a no-lynch, I'm pretty sure. Everyone makes it to the night phase!

Haly

It was a bit fuzzy there with the doublelynch, right?

Would a tie for second place also have counted as no-lynch?

Sorian

Banned
It sounds like a tie is no-lynch by regular standards. Zatoth only brought it up because crab didn't put it into the season 3 rules that were basically just copy and pasted to each game.

Palmer_v1

Ah. Well it's Zatoth's game in the end but the normal result of a tie for first is a no-lynch. A tie for second place doesn't matter unless something has triggered multiple lynches in a day phase.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Tie is no-lynch, yeah. I accidentally left that out, have it in my notes for S4.

Haly

Tucah is going to quit GAFia for good at this rate.

Top Bottom