• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Mafia/Werewolf |OT| A forum game of secrets and treachery - sign up to play!

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date
Did he provide a puzzle or a game that would have revealed his role as cop to only the most worthy?

Yes, but only nonallied players and a dead man cracked the code.

Also Eltopo has a dumb face.

d0SEajOmMna1i.gif

It was an absolute Trainwreck. Highlights include:

Day 1 - Lynched one of two armorers. Almost lynched a Lover.
Day 2, a.k.a. Blarg Plays a Game - Second armorer role claims. Cop claims Mafia. Cop gets bussed by Neutral(me).
Night 2 - The person that I'm protecting tries to kill me, but I'm saved by another Neutral of all people. Armorer's shield is stolen by a thief.
Day 3 - My protection target tries to get me lynched as a Serial Killer. We flip flop on last second votes about a hundred times, only for Traube(now Zatoth) to use an Override command to lynch Barrylocke, who was Town. This was immediately funny because that was Barrylocke's ability in Game 1, but he was murdered before he could use it. Later on, we found out this was even more amusing because Traube actually saved the Mafia who would have had a plurality.
Night 3 - Armorer dies. We later find out that every single item he gave out ended up in the hands of Mafia players.
Day 4 - The other Neutral player wins because both of his targets have self destructed without him needing to do a thing.

It starts to become a blur after that, but at one point we end up with 6 players alive. 2 are Mafia, but due to roles they don't know who the other one is, and me, who is Neutral, protecting one of the Mafia who doesn't know who I am.

Should be an easy win for Mafia, right? Nope, we lynch one of the Mafia on mistake.

I have a name, you know.

Did he provide a puzzle or a game that would have revealed his role as cop to only the most worthy?

Yup, I recognized it, but had no idea how to solve it.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=164332648&postcount=295

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
One might say that any game with Blarg is on a trajectory to failure.

Palmer_v1

Why did the Cop claim Mafia again?

What could this possibly do for him?

So we knew there was a pair of Mafia aligned players who had a separate chat and no abilities, and neither group of mafia knew who the other group was. We had gotten a lucky kill on one of them N1. Blarg claimed to be the other one for what I assume is a variety of reasons. One, if the Mafia believed him, it meant he was safe while he gathered evidence, Two, the only way to immediately disprove it is if the other partner claimed, which is still kind of a win for Town. Three, he was trying to imitate karkador's play in G1 where we decided to leave him alone as a serial killer since his goals sort of aligned with ours for a while.

Basically he wanted safety from the Mafia, while trying to drop clues to town that he was the cop. I can't remember how many of us figured it out. No idea how well it would have worked if I hadn't convinced everyone to lynch him.

Swamped

Banned
So we knew there was a pair of Mafia aligned players who had a separate chat and no abilities, and neither group of mafia knew who the other group was. We had gotten a lucky kill on one of them N1. Blarg claimed to be the other one for what I assume is a variety of reasons. One, if the Mafia believed him, it meant he was safe while he gathered evidence, Two, the only way to immediately disprove it is if the other partner claimed, which is still kind of a win for Town. Three, he was trying to imitate karkador's play in G1 where we decided to leave him alone as a serial killer since his goals sort of aligned with ours for a while.

Basically he wanted safety from the Mafia, while trying to drop clues to town that he was the cop. I can't remember how many of us figured it out. No idea how well it would have worked if I hadn't convinced everyone to lynch him.

We didn't have a separate chat though :(

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Is the dead thread on GAF or someplace else?

CzarTim

BTW this was never going to work ever. We would have lynched another rebel day two and people would have just gotten antsy leaving a claimed hutt in the game. It would have derailed every conversation and let mafia hide. When blarg did come clean we would not have believed him. It was terrible, end of story.

Also it led to setre claiming early.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not going to lie, I've mistakenly sent ElTopo quite a few Mafia emails.

Sorian

Banned

Palmer_v1

BTW this was never going to work ever. We would have lynched another rebel day two and people would have just gotten antsy leaving a claimed hutt in the game. It would have derailed every conversation and let mafia hide. When blarg did come clean we would not have believed him. It was terrible, end of story.

Also it led to setre claiming early.

Oh shit, I forgot about Setre. So Burbeting, our watcher also role claimed on Day 2 cause why the hell not.

Zubz

Banned
Dead thread too long for me. The thing LoC posted looks way more Blarg for what I'm used to and to solve it I probably need knowledge of random posts from the SW thread which I don't feel like digging through.

I was there and didn't even know what it meant. The closest we got tied him to a post from the Undercover Imperial that died first. IIRC, it was posted before she died, and Blarg claimed to be the second Undercover Imperial long before we stumbled onto AbsolutBro, so a lot of us felt we "cracked" his message.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
GAF power roles like to claim super early, it's a thing.

Palmer_v1

I was there and didn't even know what it meant. The closest we got tied him to a post from the Undercover Imperial that died first. IIRC, it was posted before she died, and Blarg claimed to be the second Undercover Imperial long before we stumbled onto AbsolutBro, so a lot of us felt we "cracked" his message.

Long story short, he was the cop and he died for space jedi jesus' sins.

Sorian

Banned
GAF power roles like to claim super early, it's a thing.

Is that where this lovely post came from?

Okay, just as a heads up to ANY AND ALL POWER ROLES THAT MIGHT BE READING THIS.

1. ACT LIKE AN ORDINARY TOWN.
2. DO NOT HINT AT YOUR ROLE
3. DO NOT CLAIM YOUR ROLE
4. IF YOU CLAIM YOUR ROLE (DON'T DO THIS) DON'T SAY WHAT IT DOES
5. USE YOUR GOD DAMN COMMON SENSE

Dead thread too long for me. The thing LoC posted looks way more Blarg for what I'm used to and to solve it I probably need knowledge of random posts from the SW thread which I don't feel like digging through.

I'll save you the trouble.
23 total players, 18 Town, 5 Hutts, (I never figured out what D=), Detective, No Lynch

SalvaPot

Claiming early is one of those strategies that people who doesn´t know how important it is to survive until the endgame uses, it seems like a fine idea when you are been pressured and about to be lynched, but there is really no need to claim until the very very end, since you are going to die later on anyway.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I might be wrong, but I think we're out of fresh replacements at this point - I'm fairly sure Zatoth took them. If so, you can take Hagi if he wants to keep playing, as long as he's not had Dead Thread access (or alternatively if he has, just make a new one given how early things are).

Zubz

Banned
Is that where this lovely post came from?

Yeah... Claiming Combat Buddies was a good idea Edge and I planned to keep the Rebels from killing him. Explaining the 2-for-1 mechanic... That wasn't part of the plan (I was gonna claim we were like Masons). Granted, I clarified our "power" to one player when he asked later on, so I'm guilty of this.

So GreatLord Tiger has been ill and he doesn't know when he will be able to return, so I'll be seeking a replacement.

Oh... I hope he's okay!

SalvaPot

So who is up for dramatic retelling of every Mafia day? I am in to make a version of the Danganronpa story, even if I am not very familiar with the source material.

Makai

So who is up for dramatic retelling of every Mafia day? I am in to make a version of the Danganronpa story, even if I am not very familiar with the source material.
Please do this! I love this idea, especially now that we have three ongoing games.

Swamped

Banned

Haha this would be hilarious. I remember an AC Mafia fanfiction post from a while back which was fun to read. But will the overlords be ok with it? Sounds like it could count as game talk outside of games...

SalvaPot

Haha this would be hilarious. I remember an AC Mafia fanfiction post from a while back which was fun to read. But will the overlords be ok with it? Sounds like it could count as game talk outside of games...

The way I was thinking of doing it is not with usernames but in a vague way, with more focus in the general mayhem and ending and not really in how the players individually acted.

It would be unfair if I did that since it could paint some users as I´ll like.

Palmer_v1

The way I was thinking of doing it is not with usernames but in a vague way, with more focus in the general mayhem and ending and not really in how the players individually acted.

It would be unfair if I did that since it could paint some users as I´ll like.

It would be funnier to see dramatic retellings of the previous games.

Should be an easy win for Mafia, right? Nope, we lynch one of the Mafia on mistake.
The best part was Raindoc realizing I could live RIGHT after the final vote. Even with ALL the outs I gave him.

AbsolutBro's reaction when you lynched him totally unnecessarily was the best.
So mad. I am STILL so mad. *shake fist*

Can we please never mention SW again. I legit get depressed every time we talk about it :(
<3 but I got the best death post. Frank, the Undercover Imperial who just wants to lead a quiet life with his bro.

SalvaPot

"Upupupupupu."

This could be heard in the distance.

As a child, I used to be really scared of the dark. Of the unknown. I looked at the shadows lurking at the window, on the walls of room, on my soul. And I closed my eyes, willingly avoiding them. If I closed my eyes, I said to myself, they will clearly go away. I won´t have to deal with them. I just kept repeating this until, finally, exhausted, I fell sleep.

Its really not been that long since then, but it feels like a lifetime ago. But now, something is different. Now, I am not afraid of the shadows, the shadows are afraid of me. I look over them and they squirm and howl when I give them a very little pinch.

"Upupupupupu", I hear it again.

I look down on the blood that is all over the floor and I see the people that have been gathering close. The look of terror, shock, and panic engraved in my mind forever.

I could hear a voice explaining what just happened. Charming, yet frightening, it felt familiar yet alien. After the voice was done speaking, everyone instantly jumped back, covering their backs, and sudden silence invaded the room.

23 children. Not old enough to know the world but old enough to think it belonged to them. Now all they had was the tools to ensure their survival. At the cost of others.

It was clear they did not want to play, but play they did. Who is bad? Who is good? Does it even matter? I widen my eyes at the pure, pristine distrust thrown around. Some kids were quick to try to lead the others, trying to remain logical and calm. It was a dire moment, but they´ll be damned if they lose their cool. They did not wanted to win, they wanted for the madness to end. Or so they said.

But I knew. I knew they had roles to play. Roles that were imposed on them. Roles that they took unknowingly, but that they had to take to the end, or end dying. Some of them were secret allies, but had to pretend they knew nothing of it. Some of them tried to hard to stay out of troubled, but always, always, is the quiet ones who stand out the most.

And then one of them slipped. He seemed lost, confused. He knew the rules of the games, but did not realize the hidden rules of secrecy. He sat on his back, and made the most innocent of questions. Questions that, more than more questions, provided answers. Answers that everyone was starving to get. Immediately assumptions where made and the people that claimed to hold the standard of Hope made a point of lamenting the decision.

The accusations thrown around only got more severe and the time was ticking, closer and closer to the end of the day. The votes started piling on the kid that looked the plainest. It had to be him, they said, the one that talks but doesn´t.

Upupupupupu, I could hear under my breath.

It seemed to be settled, it seemed like it was going down without a fight. Then the kid, who stayed quiet for most of the day, stood up. Looking down, clenching fists. Decided.

"It is I. The Lucky Guy! You wouldn´t punish the lucky guy, would you?"

"FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK" was everyone reactions.

The room entered in full panic mode, few minutes left. Voting was coming down to the wire. And suddenly, a hand pointed at another kid.

"It has to be him."

The boy, genuinely surprised, had no time to react.

"I... but..."

It was too late, the game had taken a hold on the minds of the other kids. It was going to be him.

"Why...?"

He didn´t know. When he got in the school he was just a normal kid. Sure, he was the best at something, but even now that seemed pointless. The thought of fighting back lurked his mind for a bit, but then a epiphany came to him. He couldn´t do nothing. He did not have how, the grip of the others was too strong. He looked at the eyes of the other who now wanted him dead. He saw the shadows in those eyes.

And he understood.

He would have done the same.

It is better this way.

"Upupupupupu" I heard again. This time, I recognized where the voice was coming from.

I laughed again, delighted.

"Upupupupupu!"

The shadows now belonged to me.

Ourobolus

Banned
I thought the Archer thread was mod killing inactive players? Or was that just past a certain point?

I thought about it, but GLT gave me notice rather than just disappearing. I'm reaching out to some of the guys who said they'd play more than one game at a time.

RetroMG

On a totally unrelated note, had to take my phone out to the pool in a waterproof case so I could keep up with the Blargument in the Cthulu thread.

The addiction is real.

Top Bottom