• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Mafia/Werewolf |OT| A forum game of secrets and treachery - sign up to play!

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

Fireblend

Banned
I'd say the biggest challenge is coming up with an interesting spin. Something like Stargate Mafia is easy to implement, but probably doesn't allow for much variety.

My spin is the "Moffat" role. "Once per night you can disregard everything that occurred in the previous nights and declare something as truth. No one will be alerted of this action."

Seriously though I'm gonna make it happen. Not the Moffat role though.

RetroMG

UNIT has finally convinced the Doctor to give its top ranking members, along with some of his old companions, a tour of the TARDIS. However, unbeknownst to them, a group of Zygons (and some other enemies using Zygon tech) have infiltrated UNIT, and manage to make it aboard as well. During the tour the Doctor approaches the Heart of the TARDIS, and that's when the Zygons reveal their presence, attempting to destroy it by deploying a <PLOT DEVICE> that will gradually decompose it.

However, the TARDIS manages to activate one of its many fail-safe mechanisms, halting its destruction by freezing the TARDIS in time, which makes it impossible to exit. The Zygons play one last gambit and deploy some sort of agent that modifies everyone's perception of each other, making everyone unable to recognize themselves.

The TARDIS is damaged and needs the Doctor and his friends' help, but if a single enemy where to sabotage the repairs, it would be destroyed. The Doctor comes up with a plan: Logic the fuck out of who's who, and every 24 hours allow the TARDIS to unfreeze time just for a minute, in order to expel the saboteurs. When there are no saboteurs left, he and his friends will repair the TARDIS before the <PLOT DEVICE> destroys it.

Ooh, I like this. Well done!

Sorian

Banned
I'd say the biggest challenge is coming up with an interesting spin (that nonetheless allows easy accessibility). Something like Stargate Mafia is easy to implement, but probably doesn't allow for much variety.

True.

It's not quoting if you are just going to change what I wrote.

Sorian

Banned
I give up and accept Gafia.

one-of-us.gif

Sorian

Banned
I'll try to make the X axis dates next. Might take me a while though, I don't feel like tackling that now lol.

Nah, that's already really good for what it is, I doubt it'll ever be super useful other than some stats we can make fun of over in this thread. I post far too much, oh well.

Fireblend

Banned
Just read that last development in the DR thread.

Immediately subscribed. No idea how I hadn't already.

Edit: See Sorian, graphs are useful!

Enker

The DR game just got really interesting.

Also, Professor Layton would be a very interesting setup thanks to ready made mafia organizations, master disguise artists, Emmy, Puzzle Battles, and hint coins.

Sorian

Banned
I really want to ask a rule question about Launch's game but I should probably shut up. Might be important and it's not my business.

popcorn.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
This is a preview of what a Blarg game would look like.

Oh my god, Crab's reaction to this will be the greatest moment in the history of GAFia.

popcorn.gif

EDIT: Damn you Sorian, getting to the easy joke before me.

RetroMG

That graph is super interesting. I was surprised to see pages where I hadn't posted, but then I see that it's going with a 50ppp count, so that makes more sense.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Can I change Darryl for Franconp in my game?

Is it too late?

Flame_AC

Managed to post more than Sorian on two pages, don't know whether to be proud or ashamed.

My posts all come in bursts, specifically that page 20. Also, thanks for the data Fireblend, love to see stuff like this.

Sorian

Banned
Managed to post more than Sorian on two pages, don't know whether to be proud or ashamed.

My posts all come in bursts, specifically that page 20. Also, thanks for the data Fireblend, love to see stuff like this.

You should feel great shame I think.

Edit: Also I love the data too. Fun to see.

GmQdYuo.jpg

I guess you could say kgtrep has left them bamboozled!

Looks like their game will be furozen on pawse until Crub returns from his hibearnation.

I wonder, when he comes back, what'll it take to maulify him?

dohohohohohoho

Fireblend

Banned
As soon as Crab returns I'm expecting a master class in Mafia playing.

Pay attention everyone. We're about to see something real special.

fYlRLP9.gif

JkOzKst.gif

aIj2TkL.gif

BawxZ.gif

redhood56

Banned
I am reading through the star wars mafia thread and I think that I might jump back in for the next games. This forum needs my Bold Predictions.

Top Bottom