• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF MLB League Thread: The Curse of Bagwell..

Cloudy

Banned
You guys are getting me wrong. I EXPECT guys to throw crap on 0-2 or 1-2. Low pitches are good for keeping my bunts fair :D

AkaBalla

Cloudy said:
You guys are getting me wrong. I EXPECT guys to throw crap on 0-2 or 1-2. Low pitches are good for keeping my bunts fair :D

Man i would have never stopped doing post up 3's with Dirk back in the day if i knew you were this stubborn

_Angelus_

Banned
Well that was fun. It was a shootout from the get go.
My boys were hitting the seem off the ball tonight.:)
What I really liked is that Storybook77 plays pretty fairly,in that he doesn't throw crap even when you have an 0-2 count. I wanted to return the favor and it turns out the whole game was a rollercoaster ride with all the run scoring.:lol

That last inning was scary though,I couldn't get that last out and then you loaded the bases. Got out of that mess with a changeup,well whatever works.

Great game all around.

Angelus said:
Well that was fun. It was a shootout from the get go.
My boys were hitting the seem off the ball tonight.:)
What I really liked is that Storybook77 plays pretty fairly,in that he doesn't throw crap even when you have an 0-2 count. I wanted to return the favor and it turns out the whole game was a rollercoaster ride with all the run scoring.:lol

That last inning was scary though,I couldn't get that last out and then you loaded the bases. Got out of that mess with a changeup,well whatever works.

Great game all around.

Damn Smoltz....just like in real life. He gets pounded hard the first game or so before settling into a groove. It was a pretty good game until about the bottom of the 5th or 6th. :lol

I was just glad that I could make the score a little more respectable on my end. You will face the wrath of Hudson next! :D

With an 0-2 count, I'll stray a little but I normally try to at least catch a corner or just off.

_Angelus_

Banned
Oops-I didn't know we could keep going after the first game. For some reason I thought we had to wait till the next day to get the next game in.

I know its late but if youre still up for another game then I'll be around. If not then we'll continue tomorrow.

I'm gonna go back on and play another game in the open lobby. If anyone cares to play then hit me up.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Pitch speed lowered? wtf

combined k's of 42 in my game with Dez,this shit is realistic....not.

Sent you a pm Zep.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I want to say something but I dont want to start drama after one game :lol

Dez

Matrix said:
Pitch speed lowered? wtf

combined k's of 42 in my game with Dez,this shit is realistic....not.

Sent you a pm Zep.

Yeah, it was a bit ridiculous.. i wish you could change the zoom behind the batter while playing online. That makes it much easier to pick up the pitches.. but anyway, the Ks certainly decreased as the game went on, i think it's because the game favours Aces.

Matrix

The game does favor starters that are great,but most of the K's had to do with the way we were both pitching on 0-2 counts.

Losing on a walk off to royce clayton is a wtf gag moment.

2k did get one thing right,Lidge is complete ass in this game just like real life.

Zep

Banned
Angelus said:
Oops-I didn't know we could keep going after the first game. For some reason I thought we had to wait till the next day to get the next game in.

I know its late but if youre still up for another game then I'll be around. If not then we'll continue tomorrow.

I'm gonna go back on and play another game in the open lobby. If anyone cares to play then hit me up.

no open games in the league lobby...its a flex schedule, if they are a real opponent it will count on your record.

DONT PLAY ANY NON-LEAGUE GAMES IN THE LEAGUE LOBBY

Zep

Banned
Ok, for 0-2 pitches, as said before I have no problem with the pitch thrown on that count as garbage pitches are thrown a lot to rid of the batter. I understand this can be frustrating but your mindset should be set on getting the first couple pitches if hes going Strike-Strike-Garbage. A couple basehits should rid of that pitching style, in my opinion.

Let me know what you feel about that, I wanna get through this as its early on in the season.

And the question Konex keeps asking me...Can we move on to our 2nd series?

Answer: Again, the answer is no...I understand its tempting(flex schedule) when your opponent for the week isn't available and a future one is but we're not going down that path.

Big Zep said:
And the question Konex keeps asking me...Can we move on to our 2nd series?

Answer: Again, the answer is no...I understand its tempting(flex schedule) when your opponent for the week isn't available and a future one is but we're not going down that path.

Perfect timing. I was just getting ready to ask this question. Damn, I wish I wouldn't have played all 3 of my games against AKA in a row. Well, I'm glad I did, but I would have liked to at least win one of those. Dammit all.

BirdBomb

Banned
Good lord...this game is frustrating. gave up 12 hits, yet aside from 2 hits i had 9 fly outs, 11 ground outs...love it.

Dez

Andokuky said:
Still around?

yep sent you a msg, but looks like you're playing GoW. Well i'm not sleeping anytime soon, playing phoenix wright.. just give me a msg through live if you're up to play.

_Angelus_

Banned
EL DUUUUUUUQUE.
I dunno how a pitcher can get away with the hangers he tosses,that ether pitch is deadly.
I hated to rely on it so much for the complete game shut-but then the game was so tight was the minimal run scoring that I had to stick with what was working.

I defintely think they juiced his pitching abit too much. The shit he tosses should be hammered but instead it just makes hitters look bad. (shrugs)...well whatever works.

Good series though,I loved every game-even the one where I was blow out all to hell.:lol

And I see there's a price to pay for that shut out. El Duque is injured,it says for two games.:/
Thats two regular games,right. I mean it doesn't say 2 starts. The guy had roughly 50% stamina left when the game ended-I guess going the distance was too much for the old guy.

bluemax

Banned
Angelus said:
EL DUUUUUUUQUE.
I dunno how a pitcher can get away with the hangers he tosses,that ether pitch is deadly.
I hated to rely on it so much for the complete game shut-but then the game was so tight was the minimal run scoring that I had to stick with what was working.

I defintely think they juiced his pitching abit too much. The shit he tosses should be hammered but instead it just makes hitters look bad. (shrugs)...well whatever works.

Good series though,I loved every game-even the one where I was blow out all to hell.:lol

And I see there's a price to pay for that shut out. El Duque is injured,it says for two games.:/
Thats two regular games,right. I mean it doesn't say 2 starts. The guy had roughly 50% stamina left when the game ended-I guess going the distance was too much for the old guy.

I just noticed both my starters have injuries with duration of 2 games. One went 8 innings the other went 9 full. I think it's just to keep you from using them as relievers in games they aren't starters.

_Angelus_

Banned
Well thats good to know then. The guy is a miracle worker so I can see why they don't want you to abuse the game with him. Just give me 5 starting El Duques and I'll be set.:b

_Angelus_

Banned
Yeah thats it. Its just deadly. Its like trying to hit a softball pitch. The slower it comes at you the more you tend to lock up and miss at the damn thing.

Zep

Banned
Angelus said:
Yeah thats it. Its just deadly. Its like trying to hit a softball pitch. The slower it comes at you the more you tend to lock up and miss at the damn thing.

Hmm...We'll see what you say by time you meet Ryan Howard :)

Angelus said:

If I never see that pitch again, I'll be happy. It's like a bastardized curveball. Whenever I would think I was ready for it, then he'd throw me the damn fastball. Oh well, at least I know none of Zep's pitchers throw that trash.

DCX

DCX
Konex we can finish the series off tonight, late night for me here EST. Maybe around 11 or midnight.

DCX

_Angelus_

Banned
Something I've been forgetting to ask.

I've noticed that when youre online the online rosters aren't up to date. Its weird because it only happens when you go to play a game online. For example-I'm missing Lastings Milledge from my bench. Is there a way to fix this or is it just something that TakeTwo has to patch up?

DMczaf

Walkoff HR! Thats how you start a series, FMT! Never forget!

3300.jpg

FrenchMovieTheme said:
**** this game i quit the league!

Please tell me you're joking :lol

Just wait 'til you play AKA (Red Sox), have fun pitching to Big Papi and Manny. Without them I would have won that series.

DMczaf

ChrisJames said:
Please tell me you're joking :lol

Just wait 'til you play AKA (Red Sox), have fun pitching to Big Papi and Manny. Without them I would have won that series.

Intentional Walk time!

barry_bonds2.jpg

haha im just joking. it was actually a really good game. DM was i pitching garbage? man i'm trying to pitch decent pitches to hit but i can't tell where they are ending up. i'm not trying to pitch bullshit so hopefully i wasn't.

anyways it was a pretty realistic game. final score was something like 6-5 i think, with about 10-12 hits for each team. about 5-8 strikeouts for both pitchers. i got triple played somehow cause of the stupid AI baserunning

DMczaf said:
Intentional Walk time!

I beaned ManRam once on purpose, but I didn't want to be a dick and keep doing that. Also, I didn't know if we had league rules about intentional walks...

edit: so we have the first (and probably only) triple play of the season all ready. Nice!

jman2050

FrenchMovieTheme said:
**** this game i quit the league!

**** my fat ass closer... that bitch doesn't close shit and his only good pitch is a fast ball!

It's also a 100mph fastball, unless 2k7 screwed things up.

Really like following this league so far. So many good games already from what I'm hearing.

Matrix

I can play one game at 5 pm eastern time and another after 10.

Matrix

_Angelus_

Banned
Cloudy said:
Switch your pitching to pinpoint instead of breakpoint...

Anyone want a practice game?

I'm up for a game.
My XBox Live name is SunnyDaleSlayr,I'll be representing the Amazins'
I'm gonna go online in about 10 minutes.

Top Bottom