• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Party: Come and watch as the lulz ensue... hopefully

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Went to sleep early but seems the party took off. Glad to hear you guys had fun.
East Coast gaf, get on this ish please.

wmat said:
6f6nuv.png

Wh is she? God I hope she's single. Is she a gaffer?

ilikeme

Awesome! Loved the stream.

Wouldn't have been the same without Destiny.

:lol

Congrats to skies and everyone helped him get it going.

Looks like I didn't miss too much after going to sleep but hey, watching a party over the Internet is no fun. I wanted to be there. If one ever comes to or nearby Florida I'll be there.

Calcaneus

Sounds like it got better over time, at least from the stream's perspective. I kinda bailed early on. Actually spent more time in the pre-game chat than in the actual party stream :lol

It was a cool party, met some cool peeps, had some drinks, there were some lulz. Anyone expecting the thing to be overrun with hot girls was nuts.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Dali said:
It's not clear to me how much of a success (or failure) it was yet, but ditto on the missing the stream part. What was the total turnout at the height of the party? What was the male:female? How long was it "jumping" if ever it were?

Just glossing through the comments it seems like the east coast edition could be improved by:

1)Age minimum of 18 (unless they're girls, amirite?)
2)No video games
3)Roaming webcam
This just in: video games aren't fun. Close the forum and cancel PAX.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Would anyone be interested in a PAC NW party? Portland/Seattle?

Deadly

Damn Feep is pimpin it up. I think he deserves a new tag after yesterday night :lol Who brought all the underage girls though? :lol

.GqueB.

Banned
Dali said:
It's not clear to me how much of a success (or failure) it was yet, but ditto on the missing the stream part. What was the total turnout at the height of the party? What was the male:female? How long was it "jumping" if ever it were?

Just glossing through the comments it seems like the east coast edition could be improved by:

1)Age minimum of 18 (unless they're girls, amirite?)
2)No video games
3)Roaming webcam
Id disagree on the no videogames rule. You say this with the impression that everyone at this party was a social butterfly and ready to have conversation and loads of fun at a moments notice but that isnt the case. Some people arent like that and if you take way the games you give some people one less way to actually enjoy themselves.

In the end, you'd just have more people standing sheepishly in the corner.

First of all if there is another one of these things I am so there. Second of all I shall bring you gifs soon and captioned pics.

ICallItFutile said:
Sad I missed the streaming. Anyone save the video? Sounds like it went pretty well.

I got the whole thing recorded but it's 675mb and 3 hours...still want?

.GqueB. said:
Id disagree on the no videogames rule. You say this with the impression that everyone at this party was a social butterfly and ready to have conversation and loads of fun at a moments notice but that isnt the case. Some people arent like that and if you take way the games you give some people one less way to actually enjoy themselves.

In the end, you'd just have more people standing sheepishly in the corner.
I don't know about that, I'm sure gaf'ers could find something to talk about with other gaf'ers. And encouraging just playing video games at a party doesn't seem like the best thing for shy people because it just gives them an excuse not to talk to others

cuevas said:
I don't know about that, I'm sure gaf'ers could find something to talk about with other gaf'ers. And encouraging just playing video games at a party doesn't seem like the best thing for shy people because it just gives them an excuse not to talk to others

Plenty of people have video games at their party's it's not like GAF is doing something weird.

Yeah, I'd also agree the no videogames rule wouldn't be a smart idea. I mean, a GAF party would be largely filled with people who want to play games with one another.

If there are no games, a GAF party would pretty much be like any other party.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Any future party can be improved on the stream side by having a couple different streams set up.

Razorskin

----- ------
K2Valor said:
Any future party can be improved on the stream side by having a couple different streams set up.

Set it up on stickam so we can have multiple streams on one page.

and bring the party to Montreal

mollipen

shuri said:
Sounds like it was pretty lame :lol and whats with all the kids

Do you ever say anything that doesn't sound totally bitchy?

People showed up, put some faces to names/avatars, got to know each other in person, talked, drank, and had fun. Everybody initially thought "oh, it's going to be a bunch of guys standing against the wall afraid to talk to each other," but it was nothing at all like that. Even if it didn't end with the house burnt down and a bunch of dead hookers, people seemed to really enjoy themselves and the experience. Sure, it could be better next time, but a first shot at doing something like this, I think it was pretty successful.

cashman

Banned
If you want video games just do party games Something like wario ware would be fun for everybody to get into. Don't have madden or cod, unless you want a sausage fest, and lots of people have no idea how to play rb or gh.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
cuevas said:
Well if you're at a party the last thing on you're mind should be video games. Even a gaf party
They can take off some of the pressure and help people relax and open up a little. Music and alcohol are there for the same reason. You just have to remember to rotate people out. It doesn't really matter what people do at a party as long as they're having a good time together.

Musan

Good times, it was great talking to everyone. Still a bit groggy after all that. I would definitely be down for a Halloween party though.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
What is this bullshit about no video games being allowed at a party? Video games can be extremely social and fun. Everything doesn't have to be alcohol or sex in order to be fun.

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
here is the deal about video games at parties:

when the part is small they are fucking awful as you basically stand around and watch people press buttons.

However, at larger parties they're OK because the rest of the party can go off and do its own thing. The problem with last night was the camera placement. This gave internet viewers the awful experience of being stuck at one of those parties where you just stand around watching rockband all night.

solve the camera position issue and there's no reason to ban rockband.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
HeadsUpSevenUp said:
I am home safe for any of you assholes who care :D

Rex can suck it.

lmao I just got your voicemail. Fucking sucks Rex kicked you out, he is a total bitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom