• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Party: Come and watch as the lulz ensue... hopefully

Status
Not open for further replies.
i_am_ben said:
However, at larger parties they're OK because the rest of the party can go off and do its own thing. The problem with last night was the camera placement. This gave internet viewers the awful experience of being stuck at one of those parties where you just stand around watching rockband all night.
This is true. That's why the people watching the stream were all like "party sucked" but the people who were actually there had fun, playing games, socializing, listening to music, etc. Because people there had a good time, the party was a great success, and future parties should do what this party did, and hopefully better.

yencid said:
HAHHAHAHAHAHA OMFG! i was the one that called out being M.Night! SO much win! :lol
Thank you for calling me out on that! ... I think you just made me Gaf-famous, I went from a nobody to a terrible movie director in one night. :lol

Bebpo said:
Driving to Hollywood = 90 mins
Driving back to OC = 40 mins

god bless the 5 (>_<)

Great time everyone. Lot of good people, and some great laughs. Look forward to seeing you all again in the near future :)

It was awesome meeting you for sure! GAFter party should facebook it up or something.

cityhunter said:
lol We need to team up again for BeerPong. ^__^)b
City! You were killing it, especially considering it was your second? game...we almost hadm.
We'll team up as long as Im in the state haha...gotta return to ohio in the september, but I might be back this winter!

S1lent

Congrats on the party's success! Stream was about as entertaining as one can expect from what I watched, not counting the RB stuff at the beginning. It's too bad that there were so may dicks in the chat, but at least the people there had a good time. :D

MyFaceIsOnFire said:
Would anyone be interested in a PAC NW party? Portland/Seattle?
I would so do this, but I doubt that many of us live around here.

oracrest said:
gafparty1.gif
:lol :lol :lol

Xal-Shoota said:
confirmed. Im totally making my creeper pic my avatar now :lol
How do I change my subtext? Or am I stuck with Junior member? ;(
You're stuck with Junior Member till you hit Member status (Like 600 or so post). Maybe a mod will give you an M Night tag.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Xal-Shoota said:
confirmed. Im totally making my creeper pic my avatar now :lol
How do I change my subtext? Or am I stuck with Junior member? ;(
You need more post, can't remember the number. I think it was like 300-400, then you'll become a member and be able to make topics.

edit: 600? Wow.

Just read through this whole thread...awesome shit, LA-GAF/Skiesofwonder.

Now that there is a precedent for GAF parties, the subsequent ones will be better - and have more GAFfers at them!

Seriously though, East Coast/NYC-GAF...it's time to step this shit up to the next level. There's a lot of us on the East Coast and in/around NYC. AVClub can host. Wellington would host (if you were willing to go to the Bronx). Lots of us are down to go. We could also go and hit up any number of bars or lounges in NYC. Make a thread. Let's discuss and make this happen, dammit!

If you have an east coast party close enough to Ohio, I could possibly attend (as thats where im from) haha...

Heres another fun pic, we attempted to spell something for you guys...key word being attempted
118j2pw.jpg

And thats my GAF-(shag?)-Wagon behind us :lol

Xal-Shoota said:
If you have an east coast party close enough to Ohio, I could possibly attend (as thats where im from) haha...

Heres another fun pic, we attempted to spell something for you guys...key word being attempted

And thats my GAF-(shag?)-Wagon behind us :lol

Gaf midwest party in ohio, lets do this. CBUS party!

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
MiDNiGHTS said:
I got two questions. Who was the guy who said "this is really meta" twice out loud and who were the fools showing the stream a copy of Playboy at a party.
:lol

That was one of the better stream chat room trolls.

PS I enjoy your version of an avatar more than mine, thanks for that, ahha...

Well im gonna peace out, but I have one more fun video I might post from us trying to hand roses out to people from the gaf-wagon :lol

Although mine is kinda bleh. Does someone have a good video of that lady throwing that rose back at us? I think the GF had a camera too

EDIT: bAHAHAHAHAHAH NEVERMIND, BEST AVATAR, USING IT. :lol :lol :lol

bucknuticus said:
Gaf midwest party in ohio, lets do this. CBUS party!

CBUS is my hometown. LETS DO IIIIIIIT!

Xal-Shoota said:
PS I enjoy your version of an avatar more than mine, thanks for that, ahha...

Well im gonna peace out, but I have one more fun video I might post from us trying to hand roses out to people from the gaf-wagon :lol

Although mine is kinda bleh. Does someone have a good video of that lady throwing that rose back at us? I think the GF had a camera too

EDIT: bAHAHAHAHAHAH NEVERMIND, BEST AVATAR, USING IT. :lol :lol :lol

Yeah when are we gonna start seeing videos people recorded.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
We need to start planning the NYC Gaf party!

Who was the gaffer who said his friend owned a bar in Manhattan?

Sounds like the party was a great success. Congratulations! I would have surely attended if I could have.

Oh, and don't ban Rock Band. I had a similar thing going on last night, and Rock Band was a great way to provide music and involve some people in the party, getting them to talk to each other between songs. Plus, others got a kick out of my terribad singing.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
awsome gifs from the party :lol

we gotta do a UK party, big kentpaul will attent on his moped

Ermac said:
Who was the gaffer who said his friend owned a bar in Manhattan?
If that's true, then that's awesome and that person should go ahead and set it up.
I think the last time we were SUPPOSED to plan this thing out, the consensus was that it should be at one of The Gaf bars in the city.

I have a feeling these GAF parties will be successful in many regions. Way to be a innovator/maven/leader/etc. skiesofwonder. You broke the barrier of internet and real life with success. Bravo.

I have to say, the 2:30 hour drive was totally worth it, even if we almost were sleeping on our way back =]

and skies, I kicked your ass at ssbb!

whitehawk

Banned
If no one wants to host an east (Canada?) party, we could at least rent some hall out and party there, or go to a bar/pub. Because there is no way I'm hosting one :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom