• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Secret Santa 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooooh, _woLf: you done knocked it outta the park! Thank you so much!

G86gbyN1
tY5aosvZ

dVbowFGI
BDq70tBD

jhtmczfD

There's also an amazing shot glass, but I won't post a pic of it since it kinda gives away his location. I'll just say that it is really awesome. :3

gaiages

Banned
Sorry for the semi late post! Honestly I'm just going to link the Imgur album because I can never get images to work on mobile GAF right:

https://imgur.com/a/h5sYK

Thanks so much for the gifts! Ghost Trick gets me one step closer to my DS collection being complete, and I flipped through the Persona 3 artbook. It's as fantastic as I imagined.

Thank you so much again 💚

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
Sorry for the semi late post! Honestly I'm just going to link the Imgur album because I can never get images to work on mobile GAF right:

https://imgur.com/a/h5sYK

Thanks so much for the gifts! Ghost Trick gets me one step closer to my DS collection being complete, and I flipped through the Persona 3 artbook. It's as fantastic as I imagined.

Thank you so much again 💚
Glad you enjoy them! I'm currently 6-and-a-half hours into FFXV as we speak.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Hopefully everyone is finding happiness in the days after Christmas!

As you're all aware, gifts can and will come after the 25th. Keep your eyes peeled.

If you are having trouble contacting your SS or TT on your own, please let me know and we'll work something. But since the list is public now, you shouldn't feel like I have to be the intermediary at this point. :)

FrsDvl

Thanks for posting the list, now i at least know my Santa's gift cleared customs and it'll probably be here this week :). I'm looking forward to it!

Josh5890

Sorry for not replying sooner. To my secret santa, thank you very much! The controller is an excellent edition to my collection. My girlfriend and I look forward to making that recipe that you suggested as well. Thanks again. I hope you received a gift just as awesome :)

Happy Holidays!

neonglow

I finally arrived at my parent's house to open my gift. I ended up with a Skylanders expansion pack, 8-bit Mario Amiibo and a nice poster of the LEGO brick patent. The poster is my favorite item and I'll have to find a place to put it. Thanks Fracas!

6zwPtFdl.jpg

nny

I finally arrived at my parent's house to open my gift. I ended up with a Skylanders expansion pack, 8-bit Mario Amiibo and a nice poster of the LEGO brick patent. The poster is my favorite item and I'll have to find a place to put it. Thanks Fracas!

6zwPtFdl.jpg

That's such a cool idea for a poster! I will try and get one for me! :D

Beatofficer, thank you so much for the presents! There isn't a single present I don't like.
image.php

Dark City is such a fantastic movie and I love the Director's Cut. Now I have an excuse to watch the movie again. :D
Fantastic Mr. Fox is, easily, my favorite Wes Anderson film, but I never owned it... until now!
"Give those people air!"
I've not seen the Experiment of The Perks of Being a Wallflower, but I am looking forward to giving them a viewing. I had no idea The Experiement was even a thing, but the story alone has always been interesting.

And thank you so much for the digital codes! They will certainly go to good use. :D

Just wanted to post the rest of my gift I received from NandoGIP
Overall I enjoyed doing GAF Secret Santa and plan on doing it again in the upcoming years :3

And thanks to nicoga3000 for arranging this. I understand it must be a pain and time some time so I appreciate you doing this. Hope everyone received their gifts and had a good holiday

NandoGip

Haven't had a chance to take pics, but I wanted my secret santa to know that I loved my gifts and I'm really looking forward to reading the graphic novel that was sent. The Dragon Balls and the color changing mug was awesome, thank you :)

It seems there's a few parcels floating through the mail, but this year seems to have gone off much easier and better than the previous years I've been a part of. Everyone sent out some great gifts and it doesn't seem like anyone got the short end of the stick.

Maybe the quick turn around time helped, from sign ups to send out. It didn't leave much time for people to get banned or forget they were a part of this.

I hope it all went smoothly for Nic as it did for us.

neonglow

It seems there's a few parcels floating through the mail, but this year seems to have gone off much easier and better than the previous years I've been a part of. Everyone sent out some great gifts and it doesn't seem like anyone got the short end of the stick.

Maybe the quick turn around time helped, from sign ups to send out. It didn't leave much time for people to get banned or forget they were a part of this.

I'm down for another quick turn around time next year. People can get started quickly with their matches while SS is fresh in their mind.

John Blade

It look like my SS did send the gift out from a post he made here. I don't have it yet but have a hunch it might be where it have to be send out to get to me (international) and based on my past experience, it will take much longer than usual. Still, I keep my head up and will wait for it sometime in the next few weeks. Also, it look like it's a successful Secret Santa from the look of the thread. I do hope it will continue without any issue and hope everyone have fun with this as I did on my current one.

GTI Guy

Haven't had a chance to take pics, but I wanted my secret santa to know that I loved my gifts and I'm really looking forward to reading the graphic novel that was sent. The Dragon Balls and the color changing mug was awesome, thank you :)

Awesome. I'm so happy you like the stuff. I was worried! :)

Velinos

I received my gift from Vaco6121.

98tGrkQl.jpg

Both are from two of my favorite series. I look forward to playing them. Thank you very much.

I received my gift from Vaco6121.

Both are from two of my favorite series. I look forward to playing them. Thank you very much.

Awesome! Just be aware of how long Dragon Quest 7 is. So far, I'm over 45 hours in, don't think I'm even close to finishing the game yet. Maybe. It's good, just wasn't expecting this much to be in it! No jokes about it being the longest game in the series!

It look like my SS did send the gift out from a post he made here. I don't have it yet but have a hunch it might be where it have to be send out to get to me (international) and based on my past experience, it will take much longer than usual. Still, I keep my head up and will wait for it sometime in the next few weeks. Also, it look like it's a successful Secret Santa from the look of the thread. I do hope it will continue without any issue and hope everyone have fun with this as I did on my current one.

I sell stuff on Ebay occasionally, and used to do international shipping prior to EBay's GSP option. I've had stuff sit in customs to Canada for 30 days for no reason, and some how it magically appears on the buyer's doorstep on day 31. The USPS can't do anything about tracking a "lost" package until 30 days have passed on international shipments. Shipping international just 10 days before Christmas is a bit of a stretch if it'll get there on time. On top of that, very few people are aware of the various shipping options for international post and the length of time for delivery, which is already a huge variable.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Among all these thanks I'd just like to send out a warm and fuzzy Xmas & New Years wishes plus a humongous thanks to nicoga3000 for taking on all the Secret Santa business this year. You've bought us all together and made some connections from all over the world. Thank you. _b

Le-mo

I love the presents Oatmeal! I never had or seen a Toblerone before so I can't wait to try it. Thanks for the Pokemon cards and Etsy gift card! I pulled a few cards that I didn't have. When I first opened the package I didn't get why you gave me a pumpkin spice oatmeal pack until I saw your screen name again haha. Another successful secret santa from GAF. I hope everyone had a blast! Thank you again, Oatmeal.

Hjod

Banned
My TTs gift took 15 days to get delivered, so next year I'll be using express mail. The Swedish Postal Service took 10 days to get the package out of the country haha.

Among all these thanks I'd just like to send out a warm and fuzzy Xmas & New Years wishes plus a humongous thanks to nicoga3000 for taking on all the Secret Santa business this year. You've bought us all together and made some connections from all over the world. Thank you. _b

I agree, great work and thanks!

I'll be participating next year!

Hello, everyone!
I'd like to begin this post with an apology to my SS, neonglow.
I did get your gifts on time but legitimately did not get a chance to post over the past couple days. I effectively spent the entirety of Christmas Eve preparing and wrapping gifts, followed by a 4 hour drive where I arrived at 3 am and immediately went to sleep.

I opened your presents but didn't get a chance to properly take pictures of them for the thread, and then pretty much fell back asleep for the rest of the day only to wake up on the 26th, drive 4 hours back, and immediately go to work for a night shift. Then come back home and go to sleep again, only to go back 4 hours later for a day shift. Then go to sleep again.

...so now is really the first long period of free time I've had over the past couple days and I'm sorry I wasn't able to post this sooner.

Anyway!
Here's what I meant to post this whole time.

5Sb0Lqs.jpg

I got a box in the mail from Amazon!
What's inside???

ygtg7Q0.jpg

A gift for me???

cScRgHn.jpg

oooohhh.....

GVprkcK.jpg

Haha no way! It's a Yui figurine!
This is great! Now I'll have to buy the others to match, ahahaha

I also (separately) received a card in the mail, which arrived on Christmas Eve.
I didn't get a picture of the envelope, it's somewhere in my luggage but I kept the card itself with the figurine and here's what's inside.

9YIKjd7.jpg

Three steam games???
Thank you so much! I'll get started on Assault Android Cactus right away!

I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to post this sooner but this is great.
Thank you so much for the gifts, neonglow!

An update for demosthenes, as I just received the card and follow-up gift. Just wanted to say thanks again and I'll let you know how the cookies turn out. Also agree that we both have similar tastes so if I see anything, I'll give you a heads-up.

Without further ado, the follow-up gift:
99EFA980-BE26-490A-A9FD-E9DDC6175B37_zpsbxd96m0k.jpg

(in case you can't tell, they're Pokémon cookie cutters)

oatmeal

Banned
I love the presents Oatmeal! I never had or seen a Toblerone before so I can't wait to try it. Thanks for the Pokemon cards and Etsy gift card! I pulled a few cards that I didn't have. When I first opened the package I didn't get why you gave me a pumpkin spice oatmeal pack until I saw your screen name again haha. Another successful secret santa from GAF. I hope everyone had a blast! Thank you again, Oatmeal.

I did a little snooping in your account for game poster ideas, but I didn't want to get something you only sorta liked and no game series really stood out for me in your past so I bit the bullet and went with the gift card. But etsy.com has such amazing posters that I know you'll find something.

I have always tossed the oatmeal into these (this is my fourth year), it's my calling card of sorts...usually the list doesn't come out this fast, and if it does, I'm not behind sending my gift.

Toblerone's are the SHIT.

My SS present came before Christmas, but I was unable to open it until later as I left to visit family before I received it.

I'm an OKC fan and it was a great present!

My SS also commissioned Christmas art to be made from my interests!

Thanks Lee Chaolan!

Awesome! Thrilled you like it. I was afraid of getting you a duplicate, and given your location, figured a nice blanket of a favorite team of yours would be appreciated. :)

You mentioned Xenogears, so wanted to do something around that, so glad you enjoyed the christmas inspired drawing. :)

As for my SS, XxSlasherMcGirkxX - I have family coming into town for the new year and we're going to play the game!

I'm looking forward to it. Like I said, it's not something I would have normally played, but my sister and her fiance immediately knew of it and say it's awesome and it sort of reminds me of Nightmare! The Video Board game so I'm excited.

5WevTMh.jpg

_woLf

Oooooh, _woLf: you done knocked it outta the park! Thank you so much!

There's also an amazing shot glass, but I won't post a pic of it since it kinda gives away his location. I'll just say that it is really awesome. :3

I'm really glad you like everything! Totoro is one of my favorite movies ^^

I still haven't got anything from my SS yet, but looking forward to it being delivered soon!

Edit: a package was delivered just as I was leaving to work, excited to open it when I get home :D

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Glad to see gifts still arriving.

This year went a LOT smoother than previous years. A few things helped this, but I think the biggest one was that I was more organized myself. It definitely helped keep things less frantic. Also, I made all the signup and PM dates VERY strict. I had to turn down a few people this year. I hated it, but it was for the better.

Please keep me updated via PM if you haven't received your gift yet AND haven't heard anything. I've got tracking on a bunch of gifts, but I suspect many that I have tracking on have already arrived...

I dont know what to tell you man, sorry the gift hasnt reached you yet. It's been in your country since the 15th!

On the plus side, I just checked the tracking and there has been some movement today, so hopefully, it'll be arriving in the next couple days!

Awesome! Thrilled you like it. I was afraid of getting you a duplicate, and given your location, figured a nice blanket of a favorite team of yours would be appreciated. :)

You mentioned Xenogears, so wanted to do something around that, so glad you enjoyed the christmas inspired drawing. :)

As for my SS, XxSlasherMcGirkxX - I have family coming into town for the new year and we're going to play the game!

I'm looking forward to it. Like I said, it's not something I would have normally played, but my sister and her fiance immediately knew of it and say it's awesome and it sort of reminds me of Nightmare! The Video Board game so I'm excited.

5WevTMh.jpg

Betrayal is an amazing board game. I always end up being the Haunt but thats fine by me since I love killing everyone >:)

Izuna

Banned
it's the 28th, did santy forget me?

giphy.gif

*door bell*

giphy.gif

OH MY GOD, A PACKAGE FROM CANADA!

36939_cartoons-comics-christmas-santa-bubbles-powerpuff-girls.gif

So many gifts!

Oh my goodness oh my goodness oh my goodness!

LrObnOH.gif

Thank you Canadian Santa!
krae_man said:
krae_man said:
krae_man said:

792870d521eede1c86d06f4d4c23c7de.gif

----------------------

I can't wait to try the Maple Flavoured Butter Fudge and the Chocolates! They might last me only a night or two <3 ~~ It was super awesome that you got cat toys. Admittedly, I have always wanted to get a laser pointer, now Meow Meow and his brother can actually get tired without chasing people around the house.

I don't yet know how to change the time on the Nuka Cola watch, but it's super cool. New Vegas is one of my favourite games. Thank you so much! ~~ Merry Christmas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom