• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Secret Santa 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

painey

you know what, I'm in this year. I always loved buying my girlfriend christmas gifts, and I have no one to buy for this year. I thought about signing up for the reddit secret santa, but there's no punishment for being a cunt and not sending anything. at least here your gaf account is pretty much on the line.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
December 18th sounds a little late to get parcels in the post, hopefully you Secret Santas don't leave it till the last minute. ;-)

Remk

I'm in! PM sent!

This will be my 4th year, so damn excited since it has always been a great time :)

And for my Secret Santa, quote this post if you want some suggestions

I'm signing up to buy presents for somebody I may never have interacted with? Can I just request a poster like Slayven? I have some chuck austen comics I need to get rid of.

This shall be my second GAF Secret Santa!

I enjoyed this a tonne last time. So this year I want to try and do more!

Firstly: Hopefully no Tiny Tim will be shafted this year by a dodger, but if that does happen, then I'm happy to step in and get a SS gift sorted for the person who got shafted. I can't do it for a tonne of people, but people getting shafted in SS activities makes me annoyed as all hell, so I'd like to be able to do something about it. I might not be reading the thread by the time it's been found out, so if Nic or any other admin wants they can send me a PM and I'll make sure that belated Christmas spirit is whizzing through the post system ASAP.

Secondly: I'd love to help out with admin if anything's needed.

Anyway:

My name's Huw, I'm a UK gaffer who did this last year and got a cool box o' Street Fighter presents and a custom card!

(Actually now I think about it, I THINK that was two years ago, not one. But I digress.)

I'm a semi-active Street Fighter FGC member, a big fan of comics, manga and animation, and an artist and writer. My day job is in IT, and I love me some Paradox strategy games, tabletop board games, DnD, fantasy novels and tasty sweets.

I should hopefully be easy to shop for.

My goal will be to get my gift out in very early December, and I'll be doing something creative as part of the gift. ;)

gaiages

Banned
Okay hi future Secret Santa here's my handy dandy list.

My Backloggery

My Amazon wishlist
*Please note some of these things (mainly the games) can be bought cheaper elsewhere--I don't mind used games, as long as they're complete and in decent condition
My Steam wishlist in case shipping is a lot or something

Obviously I'm a huge gamer, but please don't buy games that aren't on the wishlists, please. I had to make three separate wishlists and 99% of my game wishlist is split between the three. I'm also not much of a collector, so I don't often buy games not on my wishlist.

I love collecting gaming art/gaming history books, though. I don't have too many, so if you have one or two in mind that you think I might like (I mean just look at my posts/Backloggery for my gaming likes), feel free to surprise me! If you're worried I may already own it, I guess you can get someone to ask me for my (small) collection, but I'm already making this post way too long >.>""

Please no plushies or Amiibos. Well, other than the one on my Amazon wishlist, but that thing s practically a pillow.

My blu-ray collection is lacking... I only have John Wick tbh. Other than the one on my list if you can think of any Blu Rays that are 'classics', feel free to send them to me! Just no horror flicks, please.

Regional foods/candy and creative things are both very welcome! Careful with chocolate though, I live in FL and global warming means we'll never have a chilly Xmas again ;p For real though, the temp might be a little warm, so wrap them separately in case they melt.

Um, that should be enough, methinks.

Izuna

Banned
i have no idea what to request.

I don't have a PS4
nor would I like one
~ I don't have a gaming PC, and I'm basically all set for Xbone games
I'm also digital only

my ex used to buy me essentials like underwear, t-shirts, gloves, shoes etc.

I'm more exicited for this than Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving brings lots of cooking and a huge mound of dirty dishes. I'm hoping I get someone that's further away than driving distance.

Hjod

Banned
I'll post some details for my match to stalk on later.

I only play on PS4, I don't own any other console or PC, and I buy almost every big release on that console. So games might be out of the question.

I love to read, I love history books, about war, civilizations and almost everything about history. I also would love some candy from your country, try something new, I'm not allergic so I can eat anything.

I love comics, Punisher is the best, I own most of the Punisher comics, but I would love to get into something else comics-wise.

I watch a lot of movies, favorite genre is horror, preferably slashers from the 80s.

I think that gives an idea at least, but I like fun gifts as well and will be happy no matter what I get, no need to buy something from the things I wrote above.

Im in!
Last year was pretty fun and actually made me realize how fun it is to send a small pick-me up to a complete, but harmless [?], stranger. This will be my second year participating!

To my Secret Santa:

My wishlist is pretty simple, I am an avid 3DS Gamer mostly and I love Pokemon. I collect Darumaka and Darumas are actually one of my staples in my art studio. As for other games, I am a hardcore Hearthstone player!

Oh, Art studio! I am an illustrator! So think drawing supplies [traditionally, I use pen nibs and sable brushes. Ink is also very appreciated as well as gray-scale copics] If you need an idea, here is my JetPens Wishlist

Thanks a lot!

I'm in as well. Did this once, was great fun! (Although my TinyTim didn't post pictures despite receiving gifts)
Thanks Saint Nic for setting this up again, your a saint :D

To my SecretSanta:

I'm a gamer, but have like everything, so no games please (gaming related is ok though *g*)
I love sports (baseball [Yankees] and soccer [Bayern]), cooking, graphic novels.

krpiper

PMed

Dear Secret Santa

I hope things are treating you well in the North Pole, its sunny and like 60 degrees here, so totally not mid november weather! But no complaints here!

I have been a very good boy this year!

As far as a wishlist, I have been leaning very heavily into tungsten soft tip darts (I play in a league and would love to try more sets), as always i love the Minnesota Vikings (even amidst the losing streak), candy and treats are exciting! (Im not allergic to anything), I do have quite a bit of video games, so I don't have any immediate requests in that regard. I also love board games! If you are stumped, here is a Amazon Wishlist

Love
krpiper

I'm in again this year, last year was fun but slightly stressful

Stuff I'm in to include Vita titles, cooking supplies as I'm going to culinary school, obscure anime and manga, and prebuilt super robots as my disability will not allow me to build them myself

https://www.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/2RM2BQHNG7K6D/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_ip_wl_o_4WkkybPQDVBZM
Along with IdolMaster Must Songs Red/Blue from import shops that should give you a basic idea

Dream gift would be a copy of NISA's release of the English version of Atelier Escha and Logy + on Vita used or not

(or a 64gb Vita memory card)

http://backloggery.com/Interface21 (Also my backloggery)

TehOh

Woohoo! I'm definitely in. Had a great time every year that I've done this.

I'm a 30 year old male Computer Science professor from the US.

I'm not incredibly picky when it comes to gifts. I have all current consoles and most past ones (3DS, Vita, PS4, Wii U, XB1, Wii, PS3, X360, Xbox, PS2, PS1, PSP, DS, GBA, GBC, GB, GCN, N64, SNES, NES.. probably others that aren't coming to mind). I love quirky Japanese games, especially on handhelds. I love good graphic novels (been reading Ms. Marvel and The Fade Out - both were great) and good books. I like random TV shows. I'm into craft beer and whiskey. I used to work for NASA, and am a nut for science and nature-related things. Also really interested in history. So, interesting books and documentaries are always welcome. Handmade gifts are great too - love seeing things made by talented people.

If it is something you're passionate about, I'll probably find it interesting. Especially if you tell me a bit about why you like it. If you aren't from the US, I'd love to receive something from your country.

If you have questions, feel free to send a PM through one of the elves. I know this is all a bit vague, but I'm having trouble thinking of specifics (and would rather be surprised anyways).

Camjo-Z

It was fun last year so I'm back for more!

For those who can't be bothered wasting hours stalking my posts, here's a simple list of my interests:

• Merch related to PaRappa the Rapper, Lupin III, Dragon Quest, SEGA, and Pokemon (Porygon and his evos are my favorites). Plushes, figures, other cool memorabilia, whatever. I just like to collect stuff.

• Weird/awesome/obscure retro games for Saturn/SNES/Game Boy, import or otherwise. Other consoles are fine as well, those just happen to be my favorites (I own nearly every Nintendo/Sega/Sony/Microsoft console except for NES and Master System).

If my Secret Santa wants to know if I already have something they want to get me, feel free to have an elf send a message about it and I'll take stock of what I own for you. (Ex. if you wanted to get me a Game Gear game, I'll give a list of which ones I've got.) After all, a man can only own so many copies of Tom and Jerry: The Movie: The Game.

Anyway, ho ho ho y'all. Here's hoping my new Tiny Tim is as easy to shop for as last year's was!

For my eventual stalker...

Love handmade stuff
Love stuff that's from outside the USA whether it's snacks, trinkets, toys, etc. Just think it's fun to get unique stuff

Otherwise, i've got a PS4 and wear a size medium
I'll post my amazon wish list a bit later

Spades

I'm in. Had fun last year.

As before, I'd really like to be matched up with someone internationally and also get an international SS. Part of the fun for me is giving/receiving gifts from overseas.

(I love Destiny, Nintendo and Xbox. Oh, and candy from overseas)!

John Blade

Will join in but need to check on my financial side a bit. Look like big item stuff I can send is a no go for now. Still, will find something to send. Post the info later on.

Kisaya

Stuff about myself for my SS:

Male or female: Female!
Current occupation: Art Administrator
Clothing size: XS-S
Shoe size: US 7 Women's
Favorite Color: Green
Favorite Scent: Almond
Favorite alcoholic beverage: Gin - Martin Miller's
Favorite Hobby: Attending art exhibitions
Favorite books or type: Art Theory and Criticism, True Crime, Historical Fiction
Favorite movies or genres: Thrillers, Documentaries, or anything feel-good
Favorite video game genre: J-RPGs
Favorite video game series/franchises: Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy Persona, Pokemon (I'm getting all the upcoming ones so don't bother, haha)
Do you collect anything: Exhibition catalogs, art books
Is there anything (not expensive) you want or need: A PLANNER, utensils & kitchen stuff, lmao
When you travel, is there an item you always make sure to pick up (local coffee or tea, shot glass, local snack, postcard, magnet)? What is it?: Soap from a local... soap place.

Lastly, Amazon wishlist if you're stuck: http://a.co/fXeFEcZ lots of books right now with a touch of nerd stuff :D

Posting a pupper with a Santa hat for some bumping and more participants!

puppies-wearing-santa-hats-7.jpg

Tf53

I'm so in.

For my SS (feel free to ignore any or all of this):

- In previous years, I've had the fortune of getting multiple small things instead of one big thing. I loved that. I'm a picky recipient, so I'm also gonna share stuff about people important to me.
- I have two kids, aged 4 and 6. They love Pokémon, Star Wars, Inside Out, Paw Patrol, My Little Pony and Disney princess stuff.
- My wife is a huge Star Wars / Harry Potter / Sherlock geek.
- I love the San Diego Chargers (made a trip from Helsinki, Finland to the Q this fall), Daniel Kahneman, Seth Godin, Simon Sinek and Macklemore.

I'm currently heavily downshifting video gaming stuff, but board / card games (or stuff like that) are appreciated.

Yay GAF Secret Santa!

I loved all my experience with gaf secret santa !

But this year I'll be from mid december to early january 12 000 km from home so I'm wondering if I should participate... That would mean send gift early and ask for my santa to send very late lol maybe it can work out ?

PM sent. Looking forward to this, as I do every year :D

- to anyone I match up with, I love Steam credit, other than that would love to be surprised!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom