• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Secret Santa 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
We aren't supposed to have received a confirmation PM yet, right? I haven't heard back on my request to participate. Sorry if I'm fucking ignorant as shit.

I've wanted to participate for a few years now, but this is the year I think I'll finally jump in!

EDIT: I should probably put some info on here like everyone else :p

Hi secret santa! How are things? How bout that weather wherever you are? Were you happy when your favorite sports team scored points and either won or lost?

Anyways, a little about me - I'm male, mid-20s, size L. I work as a video editor for an online training company.

Since stalking is the heart and soul of this event, have fun creepin around my boring life! If my life is too boring for your stalking needs, here's some general ideas of things I enjoy:

Craft beer, Star Wars, weight training, anime, video games (Zelda and P4G are my top 2 favorites), Spider-Man/Venom and sports (Packers/HEAT till I die!).

Have fun, SS! :)

I want to participate!

Those of you that did international shipping last year, how much did you pay from US to EU, or to Australia? I'd like to do it but want to have an idea of how much to expect.

Do we list our hobbies and interests here or does that come later? Edit:

I like sci-fi, of the somber kind (Moon, Arrival, A Wrinkle in Time). I want to learn how to act or do improv. I'm a teacher, and I'm also really into parenting my kids. I'm itching to get into some smart gear like Google Home or the nicer Android watches but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I'm a super square that wishes he was a free-spirited bohemian.

Sora_N

I'm the opposite. Canada only this year. Shit it cost me nearly $40 to ship to Australia!

Eh yeah that's my concern. I would do US and Canada but that's not an option. Not sure if I'm going to participate yet. I understand why it was set up like that though.

YaBish

If it's not too late, I'd love to join in on the fun.

For a potential Secret Santa: I'm pretty easy to please. I love drawing with pencils, pastels, ink, etc... I'm a graphic designer by trade, but I still love physical media

I also love vinyl, as I inherited a stereo system from my dad this year that's 30+ years old and still kicking. So a record or two would definitely be appreciated.
Some of the records I want.

I also enjoy a good novel every now and then.

Lastly, like many on this board, I love video games. I have an Atari 2600, Super Nintendo, Xbox 360, and PS4.
I've yet to play the Witcher 3 DLCs, even though I want to.

I'll leave it up to your discretion. I'm sure you have good taste.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Sorry for the delay on this. Had some family drama the past week or so and that has made getting this updated slow.

Anyways, here's the current list I have. Signups are still open (until tomorrow when I get to the office). If you have signed up but DON'T see your name, please message me ASAP.

Also, there are two banned members on the list. If anyone knows how to get in touch with them, please PM me.

• The Lone Courier
  • Aiustis
  • AlmostMilk
  • anotherVegan
  • Armadilo
  • Arsenic Yellow
  • Auron_Kale
  • backslashbunny (banned)
  • Battersea Power Station
  • battousai11
  • BeardyChan
  • Beatofficer
  • blitxkriege
  • bluesteel
  • bPod
  • br0ken_shad0w
  • brau
  • Buzzbrad
  • Camjo-Z
  • Chip N Chance
  • Cobalt Izuna
  • Deaf Spacker
  • DeathoftheEndless
  • demosthenes
  • digita1alchemy
  • DJ Lushious
  • Dollar Yen
  • dreams
  • Duo014
  • EuricaeriS
  • Eye for an Eye
  • fallengorn
  • Fracas
  • friskykillface
  • FrsDvl
  • gaiages
  • Gen X
  • grandjedi6
  • GTI Guy
  • Hjod
  • Huw_Dawson
  • I am Error
  • ianswoody
  • Ifallelsefales
  • infinitebento
  • Interface23
  • iRAWRasaurs
  • Jaimonster
  • Jhoan
  • JimJamJones
  • joelseph
  • John Blade
  • JonnyDBrit
  • katsubento
  • kennah
  • kingocfs
  • Kisaya
  • krae_man
  • krpiper
  • Lee Chaolan
  • Le-mo
  • littlegrasshopper
  • Loop Fruit (banned)
  • Lord Snow
  • magnificent83
  • Martin5000
  • mf.luder
  • Mieu
  • Miletius
  • mitheor
  • mysocksarepink
  • NandoGIP
  • neonglow
  • NESpowerhouse
  • nny
  • Noisepurge
  • norm9
  • Nyrad
  • oatmeal
  • One (1) Giant Size Novelty Sexual Device
  • painey
  • Pau
  • PaulExcellent
  • PayOffWizard
  • Pbae
  • pettersson
  • Photosynthesis
  • PrimaNocta
  • Raife
  • Reanimatoin
  • red_taiyaki
  • Remk
  • Retro4ever
  • Rkownage
  • Ronabo
  • Rynam
  • SephiZack
  • Septimus Prime
  • Servbot24
  • Shabadoo69
  • Spades
  • StaffyManasse
  • StaSeb
  • StayDead
  • Supa Necta
  • SystemShark
  • Tedesco!
  • TehOh
  • TetraxShards
  • Tf53
  • The Cool One
  • thebaroness
  • TheFlow
  • TheOnlyOneHeEverFeared
  • TriAceJP
  • turtle553
  • UnluckyKate
  • Vaco6121
  • valkillmore
  • Velinos
  • Violence Jack
  • Vipershark
  • wascallywabbit
  • Wasp
  • Worthintendo
  • XxSlasherMcGirkxX
  • YaBish
  • Zeouterlimits

Just saw this thread! If it isn't too late, I'd like to join in!

EDIT: Awesome, just got up! Here's some "info" for my Super Secret Awesome Santa:

Male or Female: Male
Current Occupation: Production Assistant
Clothing Size: S (or M, I like a little room in my shirts)
Favorite Color: Blue
Favorite Hobbies: Gaming, Anime, Archery, Humans vs. Zombies (Tag with Nerf Blasters), Running, Video Editing, Voice Acting
Consoles I Currently Own: Wii U, 3DS, PC, PS4
Favorite Anime/Manga Series: Gintama, Assassination Classroom, Squid Girl
Favorite Shows/Movies: South Park, Wreck-It Ralph, Zootopia, Futurama, Steven Universe, Amazing World of Gumball
Favorite Video Game Genres: RPG/JRPG, Action-Adventure
Favorite Gaming Series/Franchises: Paper Mario, Dragon Quest, Mega Man Battle Network, Chibi-Robo, Phoenix Wright, Rhythm Heaven, Persona (4), Animal Crossing, and more.
Favorite Pokémon: Blaziken, Cubone, Slowpoke/Slowking, Snorlax, Squirtle, Froakie, and more.
Favorite Animal: Sloth
What I Collect: Plush Figures, NERF Blasters, that's all for now.

Just one thing, no video games. My backlog is insanely huge, haha.

EDIT: Do whatever you'd like, it's the thought that counts! The stuff above just shows what I like :p

This is actually the first ever SS I'm participating in! This will be fun! :D

_woLf

Just signed up.

Cheat sheet for my SS: I'm a big Final Fantasy geek (surprise!) Persona, Mass Effect, Guild Wars and Mirror's Edge are some of my other favorite franchises. I have all the current gen consoles and my favorite genre is RPG, but more recently I've been really into Overwatch. Aside from games, I enjoy things I can display in my house like figurines, statues and art books and have been a fan of my Seahawks for as long as I can remember.

I have plenty of clothing from PAX so I'd prefer to avoid that, but if you have any good ideas a medium or large will be fine. I've been recently trying to get into setting up a Raspberry Pi so I can get a big collection of all my retro games going on a big screen.

Heres an Amazon wishlist I made, it's all way too expensive but may give some ideas for cheaper things. I appreciate you taking the time to find something for me, I know I will enjoy it no matter what! Thank you! :)

dvdjamm

I'm in it again ;)

I like PS4 games...sports (I didn't get FIFA this year). action,etc.
I enjoy music on vinyl,mainly dance,electro,hip-hop,soundtracks
I like all kinds of sports,SF Bay Area teams...Sometimes I buy a box of cards in the hope of getting a good autograph (best card is a auto Roberto Baggio)
NIKE fitted caps
Blu-rays...Korean or Hong Kong action movies or anything
Graphic Novels
Books about movies,sports,music,video games,mysteries,biographies,food :)
A decent set of headphones

Thanks

Oh man, I didn't do this last year because I didn't have a job. I absolutely wanna do this for 2016. What a shit year that can be made just a little bit better.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
OK - this is my way of saying "soft closed" on signups. My sheet is at home, so I won't be updating it until lunch. I'll do a final update of participants later and will start working on matches sometime today.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I was almost going to pull out this morning after lots of thought. Lost my full time job last week and only managing to get about 20hrs part time work atm while trying to juggle a move, bills and two kids (5 & a 14 month old), even went as far as writing up the private message to Nicoga but renagged as I figured I've been through worse and it's only money.

I was almost going to pull out this morning after lots of thought. Lost my full time job last week and only managing to get about 20hrs part time work atm while trying to juggle a move, bills and two kids (5 & a 14 month old), even went as far as writing up the private message to Nicoga but renagged as I figured I've been through worse and it's only money.

sorry to hear that man
I'll tell you though, some of the best gifts i've got were really random trinkets that i know weren't very expensive

Specifically remember these old star wars magazines that my SS dug up from his storage and some awesome candy/chocolate from an SS in Scotland!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
OK - here's the final list. backslashbunny is fine as I have an alternate method of contact. However, Loop Fruit had 202 posts and was banned. I can only assume he/she was a junior and therefore will likely be removed unless someone speaks up.

This is your final warning! If you are not on this list but think you are supposed to be, let me know. If you are just late to the party, I'm sorry. Signups are closed. This is for folks who posted in this thread and maybe forgot to PM me. I will begin working on matches tomorrow. Gotta write up my matching algorithm for the year!

• _woLf
  • Aiustis
  • AlmostMilk
  • anotherVegan
  • Armadilo
  • Arsenic Yellow
  • Auron_Kale
  • backslashbunny (banned)
  • Battersea Power Station
  • battousai11
  • BeardyChan
  • Beatofficer
  • blitxkriege
  • bluesteel
  • bPod
  • br0ken_shad0w
  • brau
  • Buzzbrad
  • Camjo-Z
  • Chip N Chance
  • Cobalt Izuna
  • Deaf Spacker
  • DeathoftheEndless
  • demosthenes
  • digita1alchemy
  • DJ Lushious
  • Dollar Yen
  • dreams
  • Duo014
  • dvdjamm
  • EuricaeriS
  • Eye for an Eye
  • fallengorn
  • Fracas
  • friskykillface
  • FrsDvl
  • gaiages
  • Gen X
  • grandjedi6
  • GTI Guy
  • Hjod
  • Huw_Dawson
  • I am Error
  • ianswoody
  • Ifallelsefales
  • infinitebento
  • Interface23
  • iRAWRasaurs
  • Jaimonster
  • Jhoan
  • JimJamJones
  • joelseph
  • John Blade
  • JonnyDBrit
  • katsubento
  • kennah
  • kingocfs
  • Kisaya
  • krae_man
  • krpiper
  • Lee Chaolan
  • Le-mo
  • littlegrasshopper
  • Loop Fruit (banned)
  • Lord Snow
  • magnificent83
  • Martin5000
  • matthewwhatever
  • mf.luder
  • Mieu
  • Miletius
  • mitheor
  • mysocksarepink
  • NandoGIP
  • neonglow
  • NESpowerhouse
  • nny
  • Noisepurge
  • norm9
  • Nyrad
  • oatmeal
  • One (1) Giant Size Novelty Sexual Device
  • OrlanisWorks
  • painey
  • Pau
  • PaulExcellent
  • PayOffWizard
  • Pbae
  • pettersson
  • PhoenixSFT
  • Photosynthesis
  • PrimaNocta
  • Raife
  • Reanimatoin
  • red_taiyaki
  • Remk
  • Retro4ever
  • Rkownage
  • Ronabo
  • Rynam
  • SephiZack
  • Septimus Prime
  • Servbot24
  • Shabadoo69
  • ShadowElliot
  • Sora_N
  • Spades
  • StaffyManasse
  • StaSeb
  • StayDead
  • Supa Necta
  • SystemShark
  • Tedesco!
  • TehOh
  • TetraxShards
  • Tf53
  • The Cool One
  • The Lone Courier
  • thebaroness
  • TheFlow
  • TheOnlyOneHeEverFeared
  • TriAceJP
  • turtle553
  • UnluckyKate
  • Vaco6121
  • valkillmore
  • Velinos
  • Violence Jack
  • Vipershark
  • wascallywabbit
  • Wasp
  • Worthintendo
  • XxSlasherMcGirkxX
  • YaBish
  • Zeouterlimits

excited

alright

lets see

dear santa,

Male or female: Male
Current occupation: project manager @ a steel company in manhattan
Favourite Color: black
Favourite Hobby: Gaming / beer / treats :D
Consoles Owned: PC, just bought a vive and a 3DS!
Favourite movies or genres: horror movies, classic 70/80s movies, a rotten tomatoes nerd
Favourite show/movie series/franchises: loving west world right now. loved true detective, the knick, the wire, breaking bad, etc.
Favourite video game genre: RPG & shooters
Favourite video game series/franchises : warcraft, witcher, pokemans, doom, overwatch, diablo, etc.
Do you collect anything: not really. I go out of my way to try beer (IPAs or stouts) i've never had that are typically local to places. may be annoying to ship though but hey!

So I just bought a 3DS and the only game I have is pokemon moon? Maybe you know good games? I dunno.

I also just got an HTC vive and have no idea what the fuck to do with it so there's that

thanks!

merry christmas :)

John Blade

Welp...I will put some info of me for my SS to look at. It will be very detail but at least it will give the person a good idea of what they need to get for me based on what I like and don't like.

General Info
Current occupation: Assistant Management for a small camera accessories shop
Favorite Hobbies: Gaming (Handheld), Anime, Old Computer stuff, Manga, Music (gaming, movie, asian music), Sci-Fi show.
Handheld I Currently Own: 3DS, PC, PS Vita, GBA, Gameboy, Nintendo DS, PSP, Neo Geo Pocket, Android handheld (Shield Portable and Tablet).
Favorite Anime/Manga Series: Gundam franchise, Emma A Victorian Series, A Brides Story, Macross, Jin Roh
Favorite Video Game Genres: RPG/JRPG, Action-Adventure,Plat former, Old FPS (DOOM), RTS, FPS, Visual Novel, Diablo style gameplay, and basic turn based strategy.
Favorite Gaming Series/Franchises: Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, Shantae, Giana Sisters, Tales Series, Doom, Zelda, Kirby, Diablo, Starcraft, and more.

NOTE TIME:
I will post some links for people to check if you're going to buy stuff.

ANIME STUFF:
I am more into older anime show from the 80s to early 2000s but do like some of the newer stuff if it catch my attention. If you ever consider to buy Anime DVD or Blu-ray, I would recommend to look at the link below as it will give you a very good idea of show I have own in Physical form.
http://johnblade.filmaf.com/owned/anime
If you're consider to get a show, I did post some impression in the anime forum but to make your life easy, please look into classic show I like or show I am interested in getting like those for example.

Top 3 Anime Stuff I am interested in

The Vision of Escaflowne: Complete Series & Movie Collector's Edition
https://www.amazon.com/Vision-Escaflowne-Complete-Collectors-Blu-ray/dp/B01IPDRE3E/ref=pd_sbs_74_t_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=36YZE9NS47VRM4H1ZSYC

Bubblegum Crisis Ultimate Edition Blu-Ray Set
https://www.animeigo.com/products/anime/bubblegum-crisis

The Riding Bean High Octane Edition
https://www.animeigo.com/bean

Top 2 Manga Stuff I am interested in

Kaoru Mori manga work (Emma A Victorian Romance or A Bride's Story)
https://www.amazon.com/Kaoru-Mori/e..._6?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=X5C338Y72GZD883NW7BA
Note: For Emma: From Vol 3 and onward and for A Bride's Story From Vol 2 and onward

Oh My Goddess! Omnibus (From Vol 2 and onward)
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...ipbooks&field-keywords=Oh+My+Goddess!+Omnibus

GAME STUFF:
If you're considering to buy games, I would look into the current gens handheld (3DS and Vita). Would consider the digital route on them as space is a bit limited here (so...points card).

Top Game Stuff I am interested in
PSVita 32GB Memory card
Eshop/Playstation store point cards (CDN version)

RANDOM STUFF:
Um...I don't mind any random stuff (hand made, food from oversea, candies, etc) just no clothes as I don't dress too fancy in my life. Would love stuff from Malaysia but that might be too much as I used to be there and kinda miss the food there. Also, Sexual goodies is something I tried to avoid as I don't see a point to have it in my home (what am I going to do with Bad Dragon people). Keep it clean and simple and I most likely be fine with it.

Servbot24

Banned
Can't wait!

I'll help my SS out a bit, here's some info about me:

I have Wii U, PS4, Vita, 3DS and Mac. Some of my favorite recent games have been Bloodborne, The Witness, Uncharted 4, MGSV, Fire Emblem Fates, Hyper Light Drifter, Inside.
I love drawing and painting in Photoshop. I collect art books as well as some graphic novels. All books are cool though.
I listen to a lot of music. I like indie, jazz, techno, metal, rap, blah blah blah. I also get into the audiophile stuff a little bit.
I just bought a piano and guitar and am planning to practice both every day.
I like exercising, mainly running and weightlifting. I follow Green Bay Packers and Iowa Hawkeyes.
Shirt size is L.
I haven't watched many movies due to my schedule, but I have been wanting to get into some new anime as well as catch up on some under-the-radar movie classics. I'm interested in trying some of the movies from the Most Beautiful Films thread.
Here's a list I made of stuff I'm watching out for. I'm posting that just as an example of some things I like, definitely doesn't need to be directly off of there (in fact sometimes surprises are better)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I got the last PM I needed to update my list. If all goes well, I should have all the matches done this evening and can start sending PM's out by end of week.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Going to pick up what I have in mind this afternoon so I can have it all wrapped and ready to send. I really don't have confidence in postal services come this time of year, especially in Australia, it's shocking.

Current occupation: Data geek
Favourite Color: Black or red
Favourite Hobby: Gaming, drinking beer or whiskey and binging TV shows
Consoles Owned: PC and Xbox One, can't remember the last time I turned the One on
Favourite movies or genres: Anything apart from cringe comedy or shit yourself horror films
Favourite show/movie series/franchises: Oh sweet Jesus - West World, Gilmore Girls, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Archer, Californication, Humans, Fringe etc
Favourite video game genre: RPG, racers, management sims and (some) shooters
Favourite video game series/franchises : GTA, Witcher, Fallout, Skyrim, Truck Simulator, Titanfall, Forza, Cities Skylines etc
Do you collect anything: Does Steam games count? I had a mahoosive Blu-Ray collection but I sold most of it, I don't have much space.
Notes: I love chocolate!

Stalk me here - Steam profile.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Since matches are going out soon, I'll drop random deets about me for whoever I match with!

-I don't have as much time as I used to for games (though I'm terrible at budgeting and still buy most new big releases). I play almost exclusively on PC, with some console exclusives for PS4. My Steam profile is here. I've sunk thousands of hours into League of Legends, which I'm not particularly proud of haha.
-Music is a large part of my life. I started a vinyl collection last year, thanks largely in part to an incredible GAF SS gift I received - a record player! I have a pretty wide variety of tastes. CHVRCHES, Neutral Milk Hotel and The Strokes are my favorite bands.
-I love movies and TV, too. Just like music, I don't really have a favorite genre. I've been meaning to read more but setting aside the time has been an issue. Not into anime at all but people keep telling me I should watch some of the "gateway" shows.
-I dig sports, mostly NFL and college basketball. I love me some Lions.
-I don't really wear any game-related clothing, but I definitely appreciate good art. I've recently bought a couple artbooks and have been looking at prints/other cool decorations.
-I wear a 2x tall, if that matters. I'm a burly dude working in a warehouse.
-I will genuinely appreciate whatever you go with. I did GAF SS for the first time last year and had a great experience. This is an awesome time of year.

Trying to decide whether I make my gift for my match, or if I buy something. I don't think I participated last year, but the year before i made a 12 inch figure out of styrofoam & painted it. Wish I still had a photo of it.

I'm leaning towards making something :D

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Matches are all done! :3

E: Just formatting for sending them out. Protip for anyone who ever wants to do something like this in the future...Excel functions RAND, INDEX, MATCH, SMALL are maybe the most amazing things ever. I used them last year and they were gold. Now that I'm familiar with them, it makes this stuff a breeeeeze.

Jhoan

Matches are done?! Oh boy! Exciting times ahead.

I have a post prepped up that I've been working on to give my SS some ideas. I'll post once I'm satisfied with it.

I bought a Bristol pad yesterday so my TT can expect to get a custom Christmas card with art it and a handwritten note. I took great pleasure making it last year and had a ton of fun. I like to think that I have fairly good penmanship.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
OK, matches done. Transposed sheets done. Copy/paste formatting done.

Time to sleep. I'll start sending these out tomorrow after work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom