• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF spricht Deutsch, zumindest hier drinnen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fritz

Awesome thread.

I studied German for 2 years in undergrad and have visited Germany and Austria.

Been several years since I have practiced speaking/reading/writing German.

Anyone have any recommendations on how to brush up on German? Either German TV shows, games, or books maybe...?

Also, I used to watch this German TV sitcom about this Turkish family that moved in with a German family. IIRC it was fairly popular in Germany and I thought it was really funny. Does anyone know the name of the show? Wouldn't mind catching up on it.

That's "Türkisch für Anfänger". very well received indeed and got a spin off of sorts in form of a movie. Tells a slightly different story with the same characters but different setting. trailer here (okay, NSFW due to the related vids showing. wtf?).

Haven't seen the movie yet but I did enjoy the tv series.

Fritz

Europolitics threads are always so enlightened and fun.

We probably should be happy about it. The tall tree catches the wind and what not. Funny part is that no one in this country wanted to be in that position.

Will there be a day where the German government stops pretending that WW2 never happened?

Pfft, next thing you're telling me is that the Germans were somehow involved in WWI too?

Will there be a day where the German government stops pretending that WW2 never happened?

dont-mention-the-war.jpg

Fucking hell, I thought all this "I know something, so I'm kinda teasing it, but I'm not tellin ya" bullshit could get people banned.

Milchjon

Kirchentag in Hamburg, der ganze Bahnhof ist überschwemmt. Ich glaub ich komm nie mehr heim. Wie Schafe rennen sie auf dem Bahnsteig rum und treiben die Ansagerin in den Wahnsinn :-D

Dat awesome Hilfiger ad:

/crap, seems like the photo is old. Meh, 3 years ago no one even wore Hilfiger in US - no idea why people still do around here..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom