• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF spricht Deutsch, zumindest hier drinnen...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's painful at the moment, but long term, it's something that needs to happen.
The problem is that this process should have been done already. With each year more problems arise. It is a failed experiment in my eyes. Important decisions are blocked while the EU politicians waste money on banks and other minor issues.

The problem is that this process should have been done already. With each year more problems arise. It is a failed experiment in my eyes. Important decisions are blocked while the EU politicians waste money on banks and other minor issues.

The issue in my eyes is that if the EU is allowed to disintegrate, its member states will not want to reintegrate any time soon. It's not the case that we can break it up, have everyone's economies get back on track, and then come together again in prosperous times. Citizens in the wealthy countries will not want to let what they see as the freeloading, irresponsible, untrustworthy southern states come back in, and the citizens of the poor countries suffering currently will not want to associate with what they see as the harsh, imperialistic, dictatorial north that made them suffer. The fact that we had an economic crisis at all has already caused enormous damage to European togetherness and fosters animosity, creates and reinforces national stereotypes, etc.

I absolutely agree that the EU leadership have made and continue to make bad decisions. However, I'm not prepared to jump onboard with a solution that will undo 60 years of progress.

raindoc

i wouldn't call the Bank-crysis a minor issue and it is an international issue concerning the market - the EU can't do much about it by itself. one market alone can't introduce (as popukar example) a Tobin-tax.
Did they handle it the best possible way? i have no fucking idea.
i agree that the "process of federalization" should move on faster, but the more it happens, the more resistance it meets.

my biggest problem atm is that EU politics seem to happen on another planet. big issues make the headlines, but in the daily news i still learn more about small town mayors than developments in the EU and even major national parties treat it like a secondary objective. take the austrian greens for example: during the last EU elections their main candidate was a lesbian who's biggest point on the agenda was gay and lesbian rights.
now i'm all for gender & gay equality, but it is far from the biggest issue that has to be adressed. i care about a unified europe and see myself much more as "european" than "austrian" and i'd like to see the EU treated as serious business that we can influence - instead of how it is treated now: a surreal senat in a country far away, that usually only breaks the news if there's a scandal, crysis or silly laws like a minimum diameter for carotts.

i wouldn't call the Bank-crysis a minor issue and it is an international issue concerning the market - the EU can't do much about it by itself. one market alone can't introduce (as popukar example) a Tobin-tax.
Did they handle it the best possible way? i have no fucking idea.
i agree that the "process of federalization" should move on faster, but the more it happens, the more resistance it meets.

my biggest problem atm is that EU politics seem to happen on another planet. big issues make the headlines, but in the daily news i still learn more about small town mayors than developments in the EU and even major national parties treat it like a secondary objective. take the austrian greens for example: during the last EU elections their main candidate was a lesbian who's biggest point on the agenda was gay and lesbian rights.
now i'm all for gender & gay equality, but it is far from the biggest issue that has to be adressed. i care about a unified europe and see myself much more as "european" than "austrian" and i'd like to see the EU treated as serious business that we can influence - instead of how it is treated now: a surreal senat in a country far away, that usually only breaks the news if there's a scandal, crysis or silly laws like a minimum diameter for carotts.
Saving a bank is not a minor issue but it shows that certain problems are more important than others. Spending money on the "rich" and the curve of a cucumber is the EU in a nutshell and of course for every law made there is an exception for a country. Minor stuff gets boxed through while important issues for the future are postponed or implemented with enough holes so nothing changes.

raindoc

Saving a bank is not a minor issue but it shows that certain problems are more important than others. Spending money on the "rich" and the curve of a cucumber is the EU in a nutshell and of course for every law made there is an exception for a country. Minor stuff gets boxed through while important issues for the future are postponed or implemented with enough holes so nothing changes.

agreed, but like i said: big issue = huge resistance and the small decisions are passed without any influence by the public, not only, but also because it's not covered by media.

Geht GAF aufs Oktoberfest?

No need I am already drunk. #Buschenschank

#Augarten

never been to the Oktoberfest and i'm absolutely not planning to visit it anytime soon. i like a drink or two, i even like one too many from time to time, but i can't stand masses of people, much less masses of drunk people. part of the reason why i've never been to any of the big festivals like Rock am Ring etc.

EDIT: why are we talking about the Oktoberfest in May?

daily_gifdump_363_02.gif

I need this.

raindoc

Pittinger Märzen for the win. Uns habens gestern mit nem kaputten Licht rausgewunken, haben uns aber ziehen lassen.

mich haben's nur geblitzt. aber die strecke salzburg - münchen - lindau ist auch hinterhältig. keine beschränkung, dann 120, wieder aufgehoben und gerade wenn man wieder reisegeschwindigkeit erreicht hat kommt schon wieder der nächste 120 abschnitt - und genau da wird geblitzt. kein entkommen ohne bremsfallschirm.

mich haben's nur geblitzt. aber die strecke salzburg - münchen - lindau ist auch hinterhältig. keine beschränkung, dann 120, wieder aufgehoben und gerade wenn man wieder reisegeschwindigkeit erreicht hat kommt schon wieder der nächste 120 abschnitt - und genau da wird geblitzt. kein entkommen ohne bremsfallschirm.
Geht nur ums Geld machen aber Ich brauch momentan eh nix sagen. Geldtasche hinüber und den Führerschein irgendwo verloren. Mal schaun ob wer so nett war und ihn abgegeben hat.

raindoc

Geht nur ums Geld machen aber Ich brauch momentan eh nix sagen. Geldtasche hinüber und den Führerschein irgendwo verloren. Mal schaun ob wer so nett war und ihn abgegeben hat.

Definitiv, ist aber eh offiziell seit sie Blitzer-Warnungen im Radio erlauben. *shrugs*
Aber ich besorge mir jetzt wirklich so einen Sensor, gerade in der BRD ist das Risiko ordentlich abkassiert zu werden ja immens. Da sieht man einmal kurz in den Seitenspiegel und verpasst die 120er-Tafel und schon fährt man mit 180 Sachen in die Radarfalle (ich war nicht ganz so schnell, nur als Beispiel) - und das in einem Abschnitt, in dem das wirklich nicht ersichtlich ist (tlw. 3-spurige Gerade mit 120er Beschränkung, dann wieder 'ne kurvige, 2-spurige Strecke ohne Limit - das verstehe wer will).

EDIT: apropos Führerschein - ein Führerschein-Foto thread könnte ganz witzig sein. "Damals & Heute"

EDIT2: Damals:

Heute:
jtC6HZP.jpg

Definitiv, ist aber eh offiziell seit sie Blitzer-Warnungen im Radio erlauben. *shrugs*
Aber ich besorge mir jetzt wirklich so einen Sensor, gerade in der BRD ist das Risiko ordentlich abkassiert zu werden ja immens. Da sieht man einmal kurz in den Seitenspiegel und verpasst die 120er-Tafel und schon fährt man mit 180 Sachen in die Radarfalle (ich war nicht ganz so schnell, nur als Beispiel) - und das in einem Abschnitt, in dem das wirklich nicht ersichtlich ist (tlw. 3-spurige Gerade mit 120er Beschränkung, dann wieder 'ne kurvige, 2-spurige Strecke ohne Limit - das verstehe wer will).

EDIT: apropos Führerschein - ein Führerschein-Foto thread könnte ganz witzig sein. "Damals & Heute"

EDIT2: Damals:

Heute:
jtC6HZP.jpg
Richtig seriös wie man es von einem Arzt erwartet. Ich hab meinen Schein seit knapp 9 Monaten ;-)

raindoc

Richtig seriös wie man es von einem Arzt erwartet. Ich hab meinen Schein seit knapp 9 Monaten ;-)

ich mach das mit meinem Star Wars sturmtruppen-shirt unterm kittel wieder wett. ich will die angst riechen, wenn ich mit den nadeln ins zimmer komme. muahaha.
;)

raindoc

Honestly, you don't look like the same person :-D

and yet I didn't gain any weight!

this' a pic from last november, i was pretty exhausted, but shaved (also pics like this remind me that i should wear contacts more often, glasses make my eyes too fucking small):

(the lady next to me will be 102 years old a month from now. still lives alone, prepares a 3-course meal for herself everyday and can touch her toes with her fingers with knees streched, without taking ANY medication. awesome woman, lived to see 2 world wars, the first cars, the moon landing and the internet)

raindoc

Why did you stop sporting that license's photo look? It looks bad-ass.

and giving the old ladies a heart attack every morning during rounds?

nah, it's just that my hair had enough of it and left. didn't even leave a note. :(

But I look like an ugly one with a jeans jacket.

oh, so what you really ment to say was that you look like a redheaded lesbian as depicted by RTL between 12:00 and 18:00? ;)

oh, so what you really ment to say was that you look like a redheaded lesbian as depicted by RTL between 12:00 and 18:00? ;)

What happens at that time? :O

Most weird compliment was from a 90 year old patient who told me "Young man, you would have been perfect for the Waffen-SS!", turned around and continued with his business, while his wife stood there, facepalming. :D

raindoc

What happens at that time? :O

Most weird compliment was from a 90 year old patient who told me "Young man, you would have been perfect for the Waffen-SS!", turned around and continued with his business, while his wife stood there, facepalming. :D

rofl. back in the days, when i was a Zivildiener i had to transport a about 70 year old patient to a heart surgery center 4h away. i monitored his vitals, gave him to drink and held a bottle to his junk when he had to pee. all for about 2 euros an hour and the dude wouldn't stop insulting me for NOT choosing the armed services, because they were so good to him, back in his days.

Fritz

so the night ended early?
for shame... (hamburg is #1 on my list of cities i want to visit.)

Haha, not at all. I was like "ah fuck it, who can borrow me 50 bucks?". Yolo and what not.

Hamburg is great!

Oldest pic of myself I can find is on my spanish university library id.

Wait, raindoc, is that you, too? Can't figure it out since you look so different in every picture...
image.php

My funny time was with a Japanese 93 years old farmer when we were talking about countries that we visited in our lives. I told him about my European travels and Japan, he told me about the Philippines, Hawaii, China, and Korea. When I asked him what the purpose of his trips was, vacation or job, he got quiet, then smiled while holding an imaginary rifle in his hands and said "It wasn't vacation".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom