• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF spricht Deutsch, zumindest hier drinnen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCRS

Banned
I couldn't live in the US. Crap health system and two weeks holiday lol. Also the crime levels there will be a shock for people living in Germany, it already was for me when I was living in the UK. People living in Germany are not really used to that sort of crime.

Not to mention their crazy politics.

I don't know, I like the rather mellow life here compared to the UK and the US (which is evern worse I imagine).

please change the title of the thread. sounds like a bad translation. (
is it?
)

possible thread titles:

"DeutschGAF-Vaterland, Bockwürste und Lederhosen"

"DeutschGAF-Der thread der Dichter und Denker.

"Entschuldigen Sie, ist das der Sonderzug nach DeutschGAF/Deutschland"

"DeutschGAF presents: Schiller, Goethe, Freud, Bach and Angela Merkel se Kanzlerin"

maybe not the brightest ideas but still, better than "Gaf spricht Deutsch, zumindest hier drinnen"

tumblr_m12b9eKFcC1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

vitacola

is it?
)
maybe not the brightest ideas but still, better than "Gaf spricht Deutsch, zumindest hier drinnen"
Ganz ehrlich, ich finde den Ist-Zustand besser als diese generischen BlubGAF Thread-Titel. Meine Meinung. Und wenn ändern, dann sollten wir unsere derzeitige Weltherrschaft (World Domination Tour 2012-201X) untermauern.

Fritz

is it?
)

possible thread titles:

"DeutschGAF-Vaterland, Bockwürste und Lederhosen"

"DeutschGAF-Der thread der Dichter und Denker.

"Entschuldigen Sie, ist das der Sonderzug nach DeutschGAF/Deutschland"

"DeutschGAF presents: Schiller, Goethe, Freud, Bach and Angela Merkel se Kanzlerin"

tumblr_m12b9eKFcC1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

Good you're facepalming yourself there.

Milchjon

As someone who has lived and worked in NYC, SF for a summer, and Germany, NYC > SF > Germany. But they are all great times and I'm glad to have experienced all three. Good luck!

Don't you live in Stuttgart? Not saying you're necessarily wrong, but being in Stuttgart is the worst way to experience Germany. I lived there for 3 years and my opinion on Stuttgart closely mirrors Gustav's opinion on Germany as a whole.

Edit: The thread title has to stay!

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Don't you live in Stuttgart? Not saying you're necessarily wrong, but being in Stuttgart is the worst way to experience Germany. I lived there for 3 years and my opinion on Stuttgart closely mirrors Gustav's opinion on Germany as a whole.

Edit: The thread title has to stay!

Stuttgart definitely isn't a great German city. Really quiet. Fairly... I don't want to say racist but maybe homogeneous and loving it.

I've been traveling a ton. I go on holiday every month. Berlin is my favorite German city but it's still no NYC or SF. Where are you living now?

Milchjon

Stuttgart definitely isn't a great German city. Really quiet. Fairly... I don't want to say racist but maybe homogeneous and loving it.

I've been traveling a ton. I go on holiday every month. Berlin is my favorite German city but it's still no NYC or SF. Where are you living now?

Hamburg. Probably my favorite German city. I never really loved Berlin, even though with me being from Schwaben a lot of my friends moved there ;-)

You won't find anything like NYC or SF here, sure.

Edit: If you're looking for the big city flair, Germany isn't the place. IMO a lot of Germany's charm can be found in little old towns. (Architectural) history beyond a few centuries is something it has over the US.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Hamburg. Probably my favorite German city. I never really loved Berlin, even though with me being from Schwaben a lot of my friends moved there ;-)

You won't find anything like NYC or SF here, sure.

Edit: If you're looking for the big city flair, Germany isn't the place. IMO a lot of Germany's charm can be found in little old towns. (Architectural) history beyond a few centuries is something it has over the US.

Hamburg? I'm going to visit there soon. Good to know. I'm not necessarily looking for big city flair. I'm just enjoying Europe while I'm out here and have the opportunity. I expect to move back to NYC in a few years. Or maybe Asia.

sphinx

the piano man
was haltet ihr von Christina Stürmer?

hier singt sie eine akustische Version von "Millionen Lichter", der Song klingt besser so als in Radio, meiner Meinung nach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmJyk4u_878

ich mag sie :) ich liebe es wie sie die kamera anguckt. Sie verfügt nicht über die tollste oder grösste Stimme, überhaupt aber irgendwie kommt alles ganz schon rüber.

Oh my god that looks so good.

Just try to get some aged cheese (Bergkäse 6 months or older if possible) aswell. I use 2-3 different kinds of cheese to make them but it depends on your personal taste. What you need anyway are a lot of fried onions, potato salad and a Schnapps afterwards.

It's fine? What's to object? If you can't describe it grammatically just edit it according to what you think it should be. You've got me curious now.

Reinrassige Möpse?

"was wir tun werden" sounds strange and I feel it's somewhat a inadequate phrase for a cover tagline (
sounds like something a 5. grader would write
). maybe it's just me, but I react a bit confused to such things.

vitacola

was haltet ihr von Christina Stürmer?

hier singt sie eine akustische Version von "Millionen Lichter", der Song klingt besser so als in Radio, meiner Meinung nach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmJyk4u_878

ich mag sie :) ich liebe es wie sie die kamera anguckt. Sie verfügt nicht über die tollste oder grösste Stimme, überhaupt aber irgendwie kommt alles ganz schon rüber.
Die Frau hat es sich mit mir durch ihr "Killerspiel"-Lied für immer verschissen.

"was wir tun werden" sounds strange and I feel it's somewhat a inadequate phrase for a cover tagline (
Jetzt würde mich aber die bessere Formulierung interessieren :D
"... was wir beabsichtigen zu machen". Ich glaube, dass da alles ein wenig eigenartig klingt.

Jetzt würde mich aber die bessere Formulierung interessieren :D
"... was wir beabsichtigen zu machen". Ich glaube, dass da alles ein wenig eigenartig klingt.

dann sollte man wohl den ganzen satz über den haufen werfen. als ich heute dran vorbeigegangen bin wahr ich ein bisschen geschockt, dass der spiegel so ein linguistisches chaos auf seine titelseite schreibt. nicht das ich unbedingt mehr erwarten würde, aber naja..

"Wie berechenbar sind wir? Die Methodik von Staaten und Konzernen unseren nächsten Schritt vorherzusehen"

Kapsama

I couldn't live in the US. Crap health system and two weeks holiday lol. Also the crime levels there will be a shock for people living in Germany, it already was for me when I was living in the UK. People living in Germany are not really used to that sort of crime.

The "crime levels" don't really affect you on a day to day basis anymore than they do in Germany. I've lived in NJ since 2001. I've been the victim of one smashed car window because of a $1300 GPS that I foolishly left attached to my windshield. The most influential crimes tend to be white collar crimes really.

Gustav

Banned
By the way, now that the Australian guy is here, have you checked out Australia? Seems like another immigrant-friendly nation with US-like culture but with a terrible English accent.

It does but Canada has less jobs obviously because of the small population.

Hell, naw. I would get killed there by an animal in the first 2 weeks.

Wrayfield

Ah, you look for good style in Spiegel, or Gaf :)

I actually think it's intended to hit all reading levels in Görmany. No kidding.

Pretty much. Except the Walmart part. I didn't see one when I was in NYC.

Probably one in New Jersey for a field trip :)

The brother of my mother in law lives in NYC as a photographer - it always seems to be a mixed attitude he has towards NYC. He loves many things but also can complain a lot and he is set with enough money to choose a "nice" appartement (including a washing machine). He grew up in a small (< 10.000 people) city and moved there to work. He doesn't want to move back but spending weeks/months in his home town is always something he enjoys. I guess I have to visit him sometime.

Gustav

Banned
Probably one in New Jersey for a field trip :)

The brother of my mother in law lives in NYC as a photographer - it always seems to be a mixed attitude he has towards NYC. He loves many things but also can complain a lot and he is set with enough money to choose a "nice" appartement (including a washing machine). He grew up in a small (< 10.000 people) city and moved there to work. He doesn't want to move back but spending weeks/months in his home town is always something he enjoys. I guess I have to visit him sometime.

You really should. It's a fantastic city. As my girlfriend said tome when we were there: "It's like somebody is playing Civilization and only building Wonders"

Gustav

Banned
Poor TDM, he doesn't know better.

How about
DeutschGAF - Deutschland im Herbst
or
DeutschGAF - Thor Steinar welcomes you
?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom