• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF spricht Deutsch, zumindest hier drinnen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gustav

Banned
Ja, Ich meinte auch den "sitzenden" Typen, die kamen so schnell hintereinander. Und Ron Swanson hielt ich für Harry Wijnvoord, aber nur ganz kurz ;)

Wo Harry ist, kann Walter Freiwald nicht weit sein.

24431816.jpg

Pennywise

Just finished watching "thirst".
A vampire movie by Park Chan-Wook (Oldboy), it was awesome D:

@Fritz
You should watch the youtube videos with the funniest answers from Familienduell.
"Name something that you can punch" and the answer was "children" D:

Just finished watching "thirst".
A vampire movie by Park Chan-Wook (Oldboy), it was awesome D:

I own "Durst" on BluRay. Bought it on a Flohmarkt in Düsseldorf. It was from a guy who sold tons of BluRays and DVD. Everything uncut or from Austria. I felt like a small kid on Christmas. <3

Pennywise

I own "Durst" on BluRay. Bought it on a Flohmarkt in Düsseldorf. It was from a guy who sold tons of BluRays and DVD. Everything uncut or from Austria. I felt like a small kid on Christmas. <3

Since "Durst" isn't cut it wasn't the problem, but getting "I saw the Devil" was a "geraffel" (sorry I'm watching way to much Little Britain lately...).

Gala

Since "Durst" isn't cut it wasn't the problem, but getting "I saw the Devil" was a "geraffel" (sorry I'm watching way to much Little Britain lately...).

So which version of "I saw the Devil" did you buy? The korean version with more sex or the international version with more violence? I'm kind of curious since I only saw the international version. And damn was "I saw the Devil" intense. Definitely one of my favorite korean movies.

Pennywise

The Black Edition with more violence.
Definitly one of my favorite korean movies as well.
After all that Hollywood movies I had to endure lately, because my girlfriend dragged me into the cinema, thoose movies are a nice contrast.

Rufus

Shame the joke breaks down after the first picture. Stokrotka sounds much harsher than Gänseblümchen and the rest aren't much better.

Gustav

Banned
Guys - check this out.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22490560

The first German settlers arrived in Texas over 150 years ago and successfully passed on their native language throughout the generations - until now.

German was the main language used in schools, churches and businesses around the hill country between Austin and San Antonio. But two world wars and the resulting drop in the standing of German meant that the fifth and sixth generation of immigrants did not pass it on to their children.

Still the biggest ancestry group in the US, according to Census data, a large majority of German-Americans never learned the language of their ancestors.

Hans Boas, a linguistic and German professor at the University of Texas, has made it his mission to record as many speakers of German in the Lone Star State as he can before the last generation of Texas Germans passes away.

Mr Boas has recorded 800 hours of interviews with over 400 German descendants in Texas and archived them at the Texas German Dialect Project. He says the dialect, created from various regional German origins and a mix of English, is one of a kind.

"We have found no two speakers that speak roughly alike," Mr Boas told the BBC at his office in Austin.

The BBC's Franz Strasser went to Weimar, New Braunfels and Austin to find the last speakers of this dialect.

TheExodu5

Banned
Just try to get some aged cheese (Bergkäse 6 months or older if possible) aswell. I use 2-3 different kinds of cheese to make them but it depends on your personal taste. What you need anyway are a lot of fried onions, potato salad and a Schnapps afterwards.

Macaroni and cheese with potato salad? I don't think my heart will like that one, heh. I'll try to incorporate a Schnapps. :)

Macaroni and cheese with potato salad? I don't think my heart will like that one, heh. I'll try to incorporate a Schnapps. :)

It is a classic here - and your heart will be fine with the Schnapps. However we have a few med students here how will help you out #youarealreadydead :)

PS: It is not really Macaroni and cheese - Spätzle are made different than pasta. There is quite some challenge to make good ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom