• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF spricht Deutsch, zumindest hier drinnen...

Status
Not open for further replies.
untitled-5rdlro.gif

untitled-9htur8.gif

It's not a surprise the team was most successful with a German driver and a Brit and Frenchie in control.

Speaking of which, I am on the edge of getting a PS3. Thoughts?

If you have the money and time to play you should do it. Great machine, with great games. Buy every Naughty Dog game, Gran Turismo 5 and the games from ThatGameCompany (Journey and Flower).

It will be worth it.

Speaking of which, I am on the edge of getting a PS3. Thoughts?

I bought one in 2009, for the exclusives. Got 5 games and the last game I bought was GT5 in 2010 and that disc hasn't left my PS3 ever since. I don't think I'm much of a gamer anymore.

What I'm actually trying to say: It's absolutely worth it. It's a fantastic system and I even thought about buying Beyond, but then I've heard it's really action heavy and I was immediately turned off again. Oh well, I still need to pre-order GT6.

AnGer

I'd go for a PS4 too, if I were you. Unless, of course, you want to play PS3 games, then you'll need one because PS4 isn't backwards compatible.

I'm going to put a PS4 on hold until at least the end of 2014. PS3 will still get a few games that pique my interest.

There's no reason to rush into this new generation and the PS3 has still tons of good games he probably hasn't played before. Plus, I'm sure Persona 5 is coming out soon enough for current generation consoles.

raindoc

the problem i'm facing is: i'll need to buy a new TV. atm i'm still using my approx 15 years old set (tube). with 1080p, ingame fonts will probably become unreadable... :/

Wrayfield

the problem i'm facing is: i'll need to buy a new TV. atm i'm still using my approx 15 years old set (tube). with 1080p, ingame fonts will probably become unreadable... :/

Yeah, you prolly need to upgrade. :) I'm on a 7 year old full-HD tv and I'm not sure how long it will last.

Fritz

Yeah, there are plenty of games on the PS3 I want to play and I am not jumping into another Generation this early again. I am just afraid I don't find the time to play anymore. Maybe I just stick to my 3DS till one of the new gen systems convinces me down the road in probably 2 years time.

raindoc

help me please: why are people moving into the cities again?
because i'm currently on vacation in my hometown and after sharing a bottle of wine with my old man i'm on my way home.
i can see the stars, i can hear the cows feeding at the "shore" of the rhine, there's no car to be seen and in 1000 years i wouldn't have to be worried about getting robbed AND DID I MENTION THAT I CAN SEE THE FUCKING STARS?

Tash

Grew up on the countryside in Switzerland, a real tomboy. Then moved to live in Athens for 7 year. Now I moved to Norway to live in a rural-ish village and now we bought a house on the countryside in Norway. Still like 10 minutes into the next town but it's from one extreme to the other.

I enjoy both to be honest. The fact that living in a city never leaves you a quite night (cars, honking, dogs barking..etc etc) but everything is close vs. relaxing quiet environment with lots of green and star skies but a bit scary too and without anything in walking distance..

Like I said, I like both and mixing it up every now and then works great for me. After a few years on the farmland we will move towards the nicest town around here. Win/Win.

Fritz

Grew up on the countryside in Switzerland, a real tomboy. Then moved to live in Athens for 7 year. Now I moved to Norway to live in a rural-ish village and now we bought a house on the countryside in Norway. Still like 10 minutes into the next town but it's from one extreme to the other.

I enjoy both to be honest. The fact that living in a city never leaves you a quite night (cars, honking, dogs barking..etc etc) but everything is close vs. relaxing quiet environment with lots of green and star skies but a bit scary too and without anything in walking distance..

Like I said, I like both and mixing it up every now and then works great for me. After a few years on the farmland we will move towards the nicest town around here. Win/Win.

I am on the same page. Why not have both? If I chose to live in a city I make sure to have some kind of retreat near by. If I ever chose to move to the country I'll make sure that the next big city is in a 1 hour driving distance.

AnGer

1 hour is a bit much imho. 20-30 minutes is my maximum tolerance for commuting on a daily basis. It allows for more spontaneous trips.

GlamFM

Banned
Aufgemacht!

0lMg4Mi.jpg

Auf der Arbeit...

Kann mich nicht entscheiden ob ich damit oder mit State of Decay heute Abend anfangen soll...

raindoc

I am on the same page. Why not have both? If I chose to live in a city I make sure to have some kind of retreat near by. If I ever chose to move to the country I'll make sure that the next big city is in a 1 hour driving distance.
that's how i live here. bout an hour away from Zurich and Munich. 10 mins to the biggest regional city (50,000)... 15 mins to the lake of constance, half an hour to the Arlberg skiing resorts.

i think i just made the decision to go for a GP's license and move back here.

that's how i live here. bout an hour away from Zurich and Munich. 10 mins to the biggest regional city (50,000)... 15 mins to the lake of constance, half an hour to the Arlberg skiing resorts.

i think i just made the decision to go for a GP's license and move back here.

Isn't there a real "mafia" to get one unless your parents already had an office. There are places in the "mountains" where you might get a position soon but otherwise it could be hard I thought.

Milchjon

And a proper city.

I'm a small town boy. A city the size of Konstanz is enough to keep me happy. Even in my hometown (the incredibly beautiful Ravensburg), I don't think I'd miss a lot.

Sure, the variety of foods, shops and events isn't comparable. But there are more than enough other things that make up for it when it comes to my needs.

(Not that I'd want to go back right now. Unlike shitty Stuttgart and even beautiful Munich, Hamburg has got me smitten)

Edit: Jetzt hab ich doch glatt vergessen, was ich eigentlich posten wollte:

http://www.spiegel.de/wirtschaft/so...wanderer-wandern-oft-wieder-aus-a-905446.html

raindoc

Isn't there a real "mafia" to get one unless your parents already had an office. There are places in the "mountains" where you might get a position soon but otherwise it could be hard I thought.
it's not that hard anymore, my town had an open position for months iirc. but i'd prefer to work in the mountains anyway - much more interesting and rewarding work because patients won't go straight to the hospital if they're really sick...
and i'd prefer to work a couple of years as an emergency physician anyway, between getting the GP license and settling down. three years "turnus" just isn't enough - which is why fewer and fewer people are going for the GP.

it's not that hard anymore, my town had an open position for months iirc. but i'd prefer to work in the mountains anyway - much more interesting and rewarding work because patients won't go straight to the hospital if they're really sick...
and i'd prefer to work a couple of years as an emergency physician anyway, between getting the GP license and settling down. three years "turnus" just isn't enough - which is why fewer and fewer people are going for the GP.

Well I am not sure but I guess for "turnus" a bigger city might be more interesting and probably better to learn new stuff because you get more/different patients.

Hammer24

Banned
Ich muss die Frage hier noch mal stellen, sorry, auf der gaming Seite ist wohl keine vernünftige Antwort zu erwarten:
Wie soll dieser 24h check bei der XB1 funktionieren? Ich bin sehr viel unterwegs, und ziehe jedes Mal alle Stecker raus (schlechte Erfahrungen mit Blitzschlag).
Wie stellt sich dann für mich die Situation dar, wenn ich von so einem Trip wiederkomme? Gehen die ganzen Games dann nicht mehr, oder wie?

raindoc

Well I am not sure but I guess for "turnus" a bigger city might be more interesting and probably better to learn new stuff because you get more/different patients.
nah. you can forget to learn anythin worthwhile in graz, innsbruck, vienna, any of the big houses, apart from the AKH Linz, which has a good program - but Vorarlberg is pretty much on top concerning the "Turnus".

Gustav

Banned
Ich muss die Frage hier noch mal stellen, sorry, auf der gaming Seite ist wohl keine vernünftige Antwort zu erwarten:
Wie soll dieser 24h check bei der XB1 funktionieren? Ich bin sehr viel unterwegs, und ziehe jedes Mal alle Stecker raus (schlechte Erfahrungen mit Blitzschlag).
Wie stellt sich dann für mich die Situation dar, wenn ich von so einem Trip wiederkomme? Gehen die ganzen Games dann nicht mehr, oder wie?

Doch, die gehen dann sobald du die Xbox anschliesst und dich mit dem Internet verbindest sofort wieder.

TCRS

Banned
Typical Großstadtkind here currently living in a small municipality (Gemeinde). At first it was weird, so quiet and no people around, especially at night. But I have gotten used to and enjoy the peace and quiet now. The next big town isn't too far away either, only 20 mins by bus. And we also have an industrial area here with all the major shops (Lidl, Aldi, real etc.) so shopping isn't a big deal. I don't even have or need a car.

Tash

Nochmal fragen hier:

Plant jemand Gamescom?

Cities who look as cosy as my hometown are the best!
Can't wait to go back and visit my parents by the end of this month :D

SWISS-lucerne-nightEDITjpg.jpg

raindoc

All games are going to be installed on your HDD (that's mandatory) and you'll be able to play them without the disc, but need to check in every 24 hours.
that's the one thing i really dig about the Xbone - the fact that the disc-drive isn't running all the time, making it last longer. (i lost 2 PS3s and one 360 due to a broken drive).

GlamFM

Banned
that's the one thing i really dig about the Xbone - the fact that the disc-drive isn't running all the time, making it last longer. (i lost 2 PS3s and one 360 due to a broken drive).

PS4 will have day one digital AFAIK - so no disc spinning there aswel.

Ich bin schwer am überlegen.

Bin wahrscheinlich am ersten Tag da bevor die Gamescom wirklich aufmacht.

Tash

Ich werd GDC Europe und alle Tage Gamescom machen (wie letztes Jahr).
GAFer meetup (falls ich mal Zeit finde zwischen, Speeches, Meetings und Booth-arbeit :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom