• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF spricht Deutsch, zumindest hier drinnen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iph

Banned
Well, we all learn English in school.

We also learn math, as do people all over the world. Extrapolate from there.

I plan on and want to learn as much German as I can. I just wanted to verify how common even basic English fluency is. In my home province in Canada, French in school from grades 1 - 10 is mandatory. You'd still be hard pressed to find people capable of speaking or understanding French well outside of the French speaking province and the one bilingual province. It's just a question.

Milchjon

I plan on and want to learn as much German as I can. I just wanted to verify how common even basic English fluency is. In my home province in Canada, French in school from grades 1 - 10 is mandatory. You'd still be hard pressed to find people capable of speaking or understanding French well outside of the French speaking province and the one bilingual province. It's just a question.

Well, the influence of Anglo culture is still big. There's an incentive to learning English.

THIS. IS. GERMANY.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MiPDnxo5Nw

just kidding ;)

Similar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1b0P6p0Bq8

Most German people age 14-60 speak proper English. In cities like Berlin, Cologne, Munich, Hamburg, Stuttgart, Frankfurt etc. you won't have any problems to find someone who speaks English, anyway.

KuGsj.gif

Lead me to the gravel!

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Man, man, man.

Gerade am Seminararbeit schreiben und mir kommt schon nach 9 Seiten das Kotzen. Was mach ich dann erst, wenn ich mal ne Bachelorarbeit schreiben soll...

Rufus

I didn't mean to sound annoyed. Seemed like an easier way to explain things. "Don't use it you lose it" would have made it clearer I suppose.

Milch makes a good point in that there's an incentive for people to retain or expand their knowledge of English because of all the cultural exports alone. You can't count on it though, as with math, or any other subject.

Man, man, man.

Gerade am Seminararbeit schreiben und mir kommt schon nach 9 Seiten das Kotzen. Was mach ich dann erst, wenn ich mal ne Bachelorarbeit schreiben soll...
Altbewährte Methode: Schieb's vor Dir her bis es eng wird.

You always make your job sound like hell on earth.

It's not that bad. Most of the time it's fun, other times it sucks. Just like most jobs, I guess. And it's not like every week is a 60 hr week.

And yeah, I feel like I'm getting too old for this whole night life stuff. I really don't feel it anymore.

Hab's gestern mal ausprobiert und direkt sechs Seiten heruntergetippt, wo ich an anderen Tagen gerade mal 1-2 geschafft habe.

Gerade eben auch eine Seite in 25 Minuten geschafft. Faszinierend!

phoenixyz

This works surprisingly good:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pomodoro_Technique

And here the Pomodoro Timer:
http://www.pomodoro.me/

Got a good productivity boost out of it. (Such work, dat boost, writey writey)
Meine Bachelorarbeit ist gestern soweit fertig geworden. Hätte ich davon mal früher was gehört...

Wieso studier ich eigentlich wenn man als Regaleinräumer bei Lidl CH 3250€/Monat Mindestlohn bekommt :)

PS: Betriebsklima, 41 Stundenwoche, weniger Urlaub ... aber trotzdem Preis/"Leistung" klingt nicht schlecht.

Vielleicht in dem Zusammenhang lesenswert:
This is the first installment of “If It Happened There,” a regular feature in which American events are described using the tropes and tone normally employed by the American media to describe events in other countries.

WASHINGTON, United States—The typical signs of state failure aren’t evident on the streets of this sleepy capital city. Beret-wearing colonels have not yet taken to the airwaves to declare martial law. Money-changers are not yet buying stacks of useless greenbacks on the street.

But the pleasant autumn weather disguises a government teetering on the brink. Because, at midnight Monday night, the government of this intensely proud and nationalistic people will shut down, a drastic sign of political dysfunction in this moribund republic.
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_worl...w_would_the_u_s_media_report_on_it_if_it.html

Irminsul

Großartig! Wobei das vermutlich in jedem Land so ist, dass Berichterstattung über das Ausland immer etwas abwertend daher kommt.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
5S1cnVM.gif

Ich fahr morgen mal zur Wiesn und gönn mir erstmal ein 1/2 Hendl für 15€...

Kann den deutschlandweiten Oktoberfest-Hype nicht nachvollziehen. Selbst beim Lidl kann man Dirndl kaufen und wie ein bunter Hund im Rheinland herumlaufen. Muss wohl so Mallorca-Phänomen sein.

Kenka

Guys, please, help me translate the following:

My experience regarding project management is admittedly small but I want to pursue my career in this direction and my human and leading qualities serve me well in that regard. I favour a career in the logistics of environmental measures to increase the quality of life of third-world countries but am open to challenges to toughen up.

Thank you Deutsch-GAF.

Guys, please, help me translate the following:

Thank you Deutsch-GAF.

Meine Erfahrungen im Bereich der Projektleitung sind zugegebenermaßen ausbaufähig, nichtsdestotrotz möchte ich meine Karriere in diesem Bereich weiterführen. Meine menschlichen Qualitäten und Führungsqualitäten helfen mir dabei sehr. Ich bevorzuge eine Karriere in der Logistik von Umweltmaßnahmen um die Lebensqualität von Entwicklungsländer zu verbessern, aber ich bin auch offen gegenüber weiteren anspruchsvollen Aufgaben.

It's not a word by word-translation, but in my opinion it sounds better and it still fits.

Kenka

4000 Franken pro Monat sind in der Schweiz relativ wenig - vor allem in größeren Städten geht einem da schnell das Geld aus. Der 7€ Kebap lässt grüßen...
Yep, sowie die Versicherungsprämien. Ich bezahle ungefähr 3000 CHF pro Jahr.
Meine Erfahrungen im Bereich der Projektleitung sind zugegebenermaßen ausbaufähig, nichtsdestotrotz möchte ich meine Karriere in diesem Bereich weiterführen. Meine menschlichen Qualitäten und Führungsqualitäten helfen mir dabei sehr. Ich bevorzuge eine Karriere in der Logistik von Umweltmaßnahmen um die Lebensqualität von Entwicklungsländer zu verbessern, aber ich bin auch offen gegenüber weiteren anspruchsvollen Aufgaben.

It's not a word by word-translation, but in my opinion it sounds better and it still fits.
Oh man, didn't know you were fluent in Sauerkraut. Excellent, I thank you dearly :)

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Oktoberfest war gar nicht so dramatisch wie gedacht. Um 10 da gewesen und im Augustinerzelt noch locker nen Platz bekommen und Essen + Getränke kamen auch recht zügig.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Yep, sowie die Versicherungsprämien. Ich bezahle ungefähr 3000 CHF pro Jahr.

Oh man, didn't know you were fluent in Sauerkraut. Excellent, I thank you dearly :)

"Lebensqualität von Entwicklungsländern"! Just in case you haven't sent it off yet.

Plus: Mario-Zeug bei McD. Falls es wer verpasst hat.

Ich habe ziemlich wenig mit Konsolenspielen zu tun, aber da demnächst endlich mal wieder zwei Spiele erscheinen, die mich interessieren, habe ich mich mal ein wenig umgeschaut.

Seit wann kosten Neuerscheinungen 70 Euro?! Gran Turismo 6 und Beyond: Two Souls kosten beide 70€ bei Amazon und Gamestop. Vorbestellungen scheinen ja generell bei 70€ zu liegen, was für mich gar keinen Sinn ergibt, aber auch für GTA 5 will GS gleich 70 haben (Amazon was so gnädig und hat den Preis temporär auf 65 gesenkt). Selbst Rotz wie das neue Call of Duty kostet so viel.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
70€ UVP gibt es glaub ich schon seit Anfang der Gen. Gamestop kann man was die Preise angeht eh vergessen und Amazon ist meist auch teurer als der Rest. Da muss man entweder bei "kleineren" Shops (z.B. Spielegrotte) bestellen.

Und wenn du es nicht sofort zu Release brauchst (1-3 Tage später), würde ich in England bestellen. Da ist Amazon.co.uk aber meist auch der teuerste Anbieter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom