• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF spricht Deutsch, zumindest hier drinnen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh yeah, tag team action!

tag_team1.jpg

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Living the dream boys. I'm officially getting paid to play video games, wander about Germany, eat expensive foods and then write about all of it.

WanderingWind

What are you doing and how can we exploit that for my personal benefit?

I'm the new journalist for Stars and Stripes. I'll be writing about military related stuff, but they also needed a game reviewer and help with restaurant and travel reviews.

My wife can't believe it. Now she can't say shit when I'm playing vidya because DAMMIT WOMAN I AM WORKING

mwhhahahahaha

I'm the new journalist for Stars and Stripes. I'll be writing about military related stuff, but they also needed a game reviewer and help with restaurant and travel reviews.

My wife can't believe it. Now she can't say shit when I'm playing vidya because DAMMIT WOMAN I AM WORKING

mwhhahahahaha
Cool sounds really like a fun job.

6 cities in the top 20! Suck it, world!

Nobody cares. First place is all that matters.

mwhhahahahaha

All that and a Bills fan. You really got it all man.

WanderingWind

Alas, I am still a fucking moron. I can't find any German classes for beginners around here. Apparently, they exist, but it's like a unicorn. Fabled, often talked about, but never fucking seen

All that and a Bills fan. You really got it all man.

Being a Bills fan is the penance I pay.

Alas, I am still a fucking moron. I can't find any German classes for beginners around here.

What about a tandem? There should be someone who's willing. (If you know what I mean...). Also check this link: http://www.tandempartners.org/ (Just found it, don't know if kosher).

Otherwise post a note at the supermarket blackboard (usually behind the register) that you're looking for some native speaking German for DE-EN exchange. If you offer pay that should be quite easy.

mwhhahahahaha

Nice, you are living the dream!
So do you get Dew and Doritos for free then?

WanderingWind

What about a tandem? There should be someone who's willing. (If you know what I mean...). Also check this link: http://www.tandempartners.org/ (Just found it, don't know if kosher).

Otherwise post a note at the supermarket blackboard (usually behind the register) that you're looking for some native speaking German for DE-EN exchange. If you offer pay that should be quite easy.

That's an awesome idea. You're the best German now. Milch, sit your Patriot loving ass down

Nice, you are living the dream!
So do you get Dew and Doritos for free then?

Actually, I'm pushing for whiskey and fine chocolates.

WanderingWind

Sounds like a lot of 'Beer Special Issues'. And I assume that GermanGAF might be a good resource - especially if the military requires 'third party testers'.

Hey, anybody want to come with me on a trip or two, dinner is on me. But you have to help me decipher the menu without having to Google every 2nd word...lol

WanderingWind

Speaking of which, can anybody link me to a beginners guide to how the country is split up and what it all means. All the ones I've found independently are either in German or assume you know what Rhineland-Palatinate is.

I mean, if you were to teach a fifth grader about the states (shit, are they called states?) and their level of autonomy, etc, what resources would you use?

Speaking of which, can anybody link me to a beginners guide to how the country is split up and what it all means. All the ones I've found independently are either in German or assume you know what Rhineland-Palatinate is.

I mean, if you were to teach a fifth grader about the states (shit, are they called states?) and their level of autonomy, etc, what resources would you use?

My first stop would be wikipedia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/States_of_Germany
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_Germany

I will fill you in on the rest next year. ;)

WanderingWind

My first stop would be wikipedia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/States_of_Germany
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_Germany

I will fill you in on the rest next year. ;)

Nice. I will ask a ton of questions...lol. When my Outlook works again, I'll take a look at my calendar and run some dates at you. I have to have the completed copy in by the 20th and I have some other pieces on the burner, but I'm fairly open.

EDIT: So Bavaria is like the Texas of Germany. Nice. 2nd most populate Bundesland though. Why so much shit talking???

Nice. I will ask a ton of questions...lol. When my Outlook works again, I'll take a look at my calendar and run some dates at you. I have to have the completed copy in by the 20th and I have some other pieces on the burner, but I'm fairly open.

EDIT: So Bavaria is like the Texas of Germany. Nice. 2nd most populate Bundesland though. Why so much shit talking???

Bavaria is not really part of Germany. It might be on paper, but they're their own little group of people. I don't think any German acknowledges them as Germans. They don't even speak German!

snap0212

Near Weiden. Bayern
wow, cool. If you ever happen to be in the Würzburg/Bamberg area or just want to visit cool places then send me a message. There's another gaffer who was stationed in Germany (he's US military) who can vouch for me not being a creepy weirdo. He's back in Texas now, though, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom