• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF spricht Deutsch, zumindest hier drinnen...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, Datenautobahnmaut. Großartig!
KuGsj.gif

Went on a great free walking tour and met some great folks. I'll probably get a museum card and hit up the insides of the big ones tomorrow und the next day. Who is BerlinGAF these days?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Okay, so this is a question that nobody seems to be able to answer because Americans fucking hate public transit, apparently.

When I get on board the bus to go to the train station, I hold out my 2€ coin because it costs 1.5€. Every single time, the bus driver is looking at me like I'm retarded until I mutter "Ich bin banhof gehen." Then, without fail, he goes says something in the tone that clearly is 'no shit, why the fuck do I care.' Nobody else says shit when they get on the bus, so what they hell is he expecting and why is me not holding out the coin enough?

Also, a lot of people use these cards. What are they and how do I get one?

Okay, so this is a question that nobody seems to be able to answer because Americans fucking hate public transit, apparently.

When I get on board the bus to go to the train station, I hold out my 2€ coin because it costs 1.5€. Every single time, the bus driver is looking at me like I'm retarded until I mutter "Ich bin banhof gehen." Then, without fail, he goes says something in the tone that clearly is 'no shit, why the fuck do I care.' Nobody else says shit when they get on the bus, so what they hell is he expecting and why is me not holding out the coin enough?

Also, a lot of people use these cards. What are they and how do I get one?

This is VERY dependent on where you take the bus, as different areas and cities use different companies and systems.

It is likely that you should get your ticket by yourself beforehand at a machine or even at the machine in the bus. In many cities it is practically impossible to buy tickets from the driver.
If you travel semi regularly it is probably worth getting a "10er" Karte or something similar, giving you 10 rides for a reduced fee.
If you travel regularly it might be worth getting a "Monatskarte" for an entire month without having to worry about getting a ticket every time.
If you travel very regularly you might just as well get "Monats Abo" i.e. a subscription you pay monthly for an even further reduced price.

Well one can only learn by being made aware of one's mistakes.

I also did not know how to say it so I thought I'd ask.
Mostly I wasn't sure what preposition to use. Thanks.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
This is VERY dependent on where you take the bus, as different areas and cities use different companies and systems.

It is likely that you should get your ticket by yourself beforehand at a machine or even at the machine in the bus. In many cities it is practically impossible to buy tickets from the driver.
If you travel semi regularly it is probably worth getting a "10er" Karte or something similar, giving you 10 rides for a reduced fee.
If you travel regularly it might be worth getting a "Monatskarte" for an entire month without having to worry about getting a ticket every time.
If you travel very regularly you might just as well get "Monats Abo" i.e. a subscription you pay monthly for an even further reduced price.

Okay, cool, thanks. I guess I get the 10er karte from DB online right?

@ WanderingWind: Unfortunately, no. It has to be a 'real' university with an academic orientation such as Allgemeine Hochschule or Fachhochschule.

@ El Idiota: NRW welcomes you! :) Here you get a NRW ticket, allowing you to use everything slower than express trains (ICE, IC, Thalis, etc).

Chariot

That depends on the different operators. The north of Rhineland-Palatine e.g. belongs to a different operator than the south, so I cannot travel through the state with my student ticket. It's a special case though.
Boy the english name of NRW sounds strange. I always read something with rhinos and palastine. Saxony and Bavaria sound much cooler.

@ El Idiota: This is really annoying. In NRW there are also several local 'Verkehrsverbünde' (linked transport systems) such as VRS and VRR, but somehow they seem to managed an arrangement. Still, it often confuses conductors and students.

BTW, do we know each other from another forum?!

Rufus

@ El Idiota: This is really annoying. In NRW there are also several local 'Verkehrsverbünde' (linked transport systems) such as VRS and VRR, but somehow they seem to managed an arrangement. Still, it often confuses conductors and students.

BTW, do we know each other from another forum?!
The NRW Ticket is fairly new I think. When I was in Uni, I had to get a connecting ticket for a bit of the journey. Mightily annoying.

raindoc

Technicolor (also Thomson) TC7200 Kabelmodem mit integriertem (WLAN) Router - wobei ich das WLAN über meine Time Capsule aufbaue, die wiederum über Ethernet am Modem hängt, da ich zu viel über regelmäßige Verbindungsabbrüche beim Benutzen des internen Funks gelesen habe (war halt gratis und der Vorgänger schon ca 4 Jahre alt).

EDIT: Also, falls wer noch ein Geschenk sucht, oder sich selbst 'ne Kleinigkeit gönnen möchte: HIER NSFW!
Dankt mir später.

Technicolor (also Thomson) TC7200 Kabelmodem mit integriertem (WLAN) Router - wobei ich das WLAN über meine Time Capsule aufbaue, die wiederum über Ethernet am Modem hängt, da ich zu viel über regelmäßige Verbindungsabbrüche beim Benutzen des internen Funks gelesen habe (war halt gratis und der Vorgänger schon ca 4 Jahre alt).

EDIT: Also, falls wer noch ein Geschenk sucht, oder sich selbst 'ne Kleinigkeit gönnen möchte: HIER NSFW
Dankt mir später.
Geil und direkt von Amazon auch noch.
Edit: Wie wärs hier mit http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B007BEGAKM/ NSFWish

Das 7200 ist echt relativ "dürftig". Ich hab direkt Ubee Modem von UPC + eigenen Router. Als Bestandskunde aber noch mit 50 statt 75MBit.

Hayabusi

Well I got a ticket as well, but it only works for VRN. For Rhineland-Palatinate there's VRT,VRN,VRM and RNN, so essentially I can't travel north past Alsenz. Personally I think that's really disappointing that the different companies couldn't agree on a student ticket for the entire region.

So if I want to travel home I can usually spend about 20€ per trip, so 40€ in total (there and back again).

Da kannst du dich auch bei den Studenten bedanken. Damals in Koblenz gab es ne Abstimmung ob das Ticket erweitert werden soll (gilt in Koblenz nur in der Innenstadt durch den Verbundwahnsinn). Südlich bis nach Mainz und nördlich bis nach Köln. Hätte für alle gegolten außer die Leute im Hunsrück, da deren Verbund nicht mitgemacht hätte bzw. es dann noch teurer geworden wäre (ist was länger her). Ich glaube der Aufpreis wären 20-50€ gewesen.
Tja, die stimmten natürlich alle dagegen..Das sie von Koblenz umsonst nach Köln konnten haben sich nicht gechecked. "Was soll ich denn in Köln?!" o_O

Hackbert

oh yeah Rhabarberbarbara..
“In einem kleinen Dorf wohnte einst ein Mädchen mit dem Namen Barbara.
Barbara war in der ganzen Gegend für Ihren ausgezeichneten Rhabarberkuchen
bekannt. Weil jeder so gerne Barbaras Rhabarberkuchen aß, nannte man sie
Rhabarberbarbara. Rhabarberbarbara merkte bald, dass sie mit ihrem
Rhabarberkuchen Geld verdienen könnte. Daher eröffnete sie eine Bar: Die
Rhabarberbarbarabar. Natürlich gab es in der Rhabarberbarbarabar bald
Stammkunden. Die bekanntesten unter ihnen, drei Barbaren, kamen so oft in
die Rhabarberbarbarabar um von Rhabarberbarbaras Rhabarberkuchen zu essen,
dass man sie kurz die Rhabarberbarbarabarbarbaren nannte. Die
Rhabarberbarbarabarbarbaren hatten wunderschöne dichte Bärte. Wenn die
Rhabarberbarbarabarbarbaren ihren Rhabarberbarbarabarbarbarenbart pflegten,
gingen sie zum Barbier. Der einzige Barbier, der einen
Rhabarberbarbarabarbarbarenbart bearbeiten konnte, wollte das natürlich
betonen und nannte sich Rhabarberbarbarabarbarbarenbartbarbier. Nach dem
Stutzen des Rhabarberbarbarabarbarbarenbarts geht der
Rhabarberbarbarabarbarbarenbartbarbier meist mit den
Rhabarberbarbarabarbarbaren in die Rhabarberbarbarabar um mit den
Rhabarberbarbarabarbarbaren von Rhabarberbarbaras herrlichem Rhabarberkuchen
zu essen.”

thank god for cable internet. even if Kabel Deutschland eine komische Firma ist, die Daten sofort rausrückt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom