• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF spricht Deutsch, zumindest hier drinnen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCRS

Banned
playing vidyas, watching lord of the rings, eating lots of junk food and lots of smoking obviously. basically the same as every year.

Only time of the year where I get to start and finish a video game. Other than that, probably thr usual stuff. Lots of eating, drinking and avoiding the family.

Kater

Banned
Hey Deutsch GAFfers, Österreicher hier. Ich habe schon ab und zu in euren Gefilden hier rumgestöbert. Hoffe dass das kein Problem ist. :D

Ich werde ab und zu hier reinspazieren und mitdiskutieren.

Mein Lieblingsgenre wenn es zu Spielen kommt is RPGs und Explorations-Spiele (Gone Home, etc).

Meine Lieblingsmusik sind die Ärzte und Georg Kreisler, andererseits höre ich auch allerhand an Popmusik.

Visiting parents is the yearly agenda for winter holidays. This year, however, it will be a travel across two countries and half Germany - in three days. Besinnlich, my ass.

And an important document should be finished before 2015. So it's going to be the "Go-Go-Gadget-o-Typewriter".

Gustav

Banned
This will probably be my last winter in Germany. Will visit the parents for 9 days. Haven't been there for so long in 7 years or so.

Gustav

Banned
It was about this time last year you were telling me you hoped to get away some day.

Did it work out as planned?

That's right. No, it worked out differently. I got lucky and won a green card through the US diversity lottery program. I couldn't get in last year because of visa restrictions.

That's right. No, it worked out differently. I got lucky and won a green card through the US diversity lottery program. I couldn't get in last year because of visa restrictions.

Glad to hear you're going at least, even if you don't wind up in that particular job :p

Depending on where you end up I might have to come say hi next time I'm in the states.

Gustav

Banned
Glad to hear you're going at least, even if you don't wind up in that particular job :p

Depending on where you end up I might have to come say hi next time I'm in the states.

Sure thing! I'll show you around wherever I will end up.

That job is technically still on the table, but I wouldn't bet on it. :(

fwoibles

Yo, DeutschGAF, what are your plans for winter holidays? Vacation? Family visit? Dinner for one?

Driving a thousand kilometres on the 23rd through Switzerland to get to a family birthday in germany, after that and christmas eve chilling with friends in the vicinity. Back through either Switzerland or Austria with a stop to ski, then partying back home for new years.

This will all go well.

maeh2k

After I recently decided to buy a Playstation 4 and Dragon Age Inquisition to play over the holidays, I just gave in and bought an Xbox One...
The same amazon offer they had at least three times this week: the One including Kinect and Assassin's Creed BF+U for 400 Euros. I just don't think there'll be any significantly better deals including Kinect anytime soon.

Now the question is, whether I should still get a Playstation 4 right away or not. I'll still get it eventually, because they have some nice exclusives and better multi-plat versions. If I got it right away, I'd get a higher resolution on Dragon Age.

Blablurn

After I recently decided to buy a Playstation 4 and Dragon Age Inquisition to play over the holidays, I just gave in and bought an Xbox One...
The same amazon offer they had at least three times this week: the One including Kinect and Assassin's Creed BF+U for 400 Euros. I just don't think there'll be any significantly better deals including Kinect anytime soon.

Now the question is, whether I should still get a Playstation 4 right away or not. I'll still get it eventually, because they have some nice exclusives and better multi-plat versions. If I got it right away, I'd get a higher resolution on Dragon Age.

You could sell the Xbox and buy the PS4 then.

wsippel

Banned
Ist ne große Ansammlung von Fanboys. Deutschen Konsolenfanboys. Wahrscheinlich die schlimmste Sorte, die es im Internet gibt.
Gibt aber echt schlimmere Drecklöcher. Die Auffangbecken für die Leute, die bei CW geflogen sind beispielsweise, wie 4players oder GIGA.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
This will probably be my last winter in Germany. Will visit the parents for 9 days. Haven't been there for so long in 7 years or so.

Winter in Germany is probably my favorite thing. Well, on an irregular basis. The darkness is tough but snowy Christmas markets are p cool.

Yo, DeutschGAF, what are your plans for winter holidays? Vacation? Family visit? Dinner for one?

Or:
Playing Shemmue again?

Paris. Best city in Europe!

For a lot of recent multiplats the xbo holds up fairly well. Unless you get a great deal on PS4, there's no need to own both until next year. If Bloodborne and The Order interest you, they're 1H 2015 titles on PS4. If you can wait, then 2H 2015 is where the lineup finally gets really meaty.

maeh2k

For a lot of recent multiplats the xbo holds up fairly well. Unless you get a great deal on PS4, there's no need to own both until next year. If Bloodborne and The Order interest you, they're 1H 2015 titles on PS4. If you can wait, then 2H 2015 is where the lineup finally gets really meaty.

Yeah, I think I'll wait. There are already a couple of games I'd like to play, since I never owned a PS3 (TLoU comes to mind), but for now I can probably get by with one console. I don't spend a lot of time playing games these days, anyway. But at some point I'll probably need to get one. And also a Wii U (Pikmin 3, Zelda).

Xun

Whilst I'm sure I'll visit Berlin or Munich again next year, I hope to visit elsewhere in Germany as well.

Any recommended places DeutschGAF?

Visit Northrine Westfalia.
You've got the Rhineland with Düsseldorf, Cologne, Bonn etc. You've got the Ruhrgebiet with Essen, Bochum, Dortmund. You've got the Münsterland with Münster.

Lots of different styles and all cities are 2h max. apart.

Visit Northrine Westfalia.
You've got the Rhineland with Düsseldorf, Cologne, Bonn etc. You've got the Ruhrgebiet with Essen, Bochum, Dortmund. You've got the Münsterland with Münster.

Lots of different styles and all cities are 2h max. apart.

This.

Also checkout in the Ruhr area the Zeche Zollverein in Essen and Landschaftspark Nord in Duisburg. In Cologne the Cathedral and the inner city as well as Zollhafen and the area around Bahnhof Süd. In Bonn the Hofgarten and inner city.

And most important, try the local beers and taste the rainbow.
The latter probably in Cologne. ;)

Xando

Whilst I'm sure I'll visit Berlin or Munich again next year, I hope to visit elsewhere in Germany as well.

Any recommended places DeutschGAF?

Come to Hamburg, eat a fish sandwich in the harbor while watching the sun go up. Nothing better.

Xun

Berlin. Hands down. Only city worth visiting in Germany.

This.

Also checkout in the Ruhr area the Zeche Zollverein in Essen and Landschaftspark Nord in Duisburg. In Cologne the Cathedral and the inner city as well as Zollhafen and the area around Bahnhof Süd. In Bonn the Hofgarten and inner city.

And most important, try the local beers and taste the rainbow.
The latter probably in Cologne. ;)

Pffffffff

Plenty of places worth visiting.

I enjoyed Hamburg and Weimar a lot. Koln I felt like I needed a tour guide or something because there's stuff there but I didn't really know what.

Come to Hamburg, eat a fish sandwich in the harbor while watching the sun go up. Nothing better.
Thanks for the suggestions guys!

I'll give it some thought, although I'm leaning towards Cologne at the moment.

I want to try and travel across Europe next year anyway, so I'll ensure I make my way around different German cities.

Hi guys I need some advice,

I moved from England to Germany about a year ago now and I just cant grasp the language and it has me very worried. My wife is becoming agitated as am I but its just so difficult and the motivation is slowly wavering because I feel like I am making such little progress. I have been told to just speak but its more difficult than that, I feel I know the words but when it comes to saying them in a conversation I fret over getting it right and majority of the time the words leave my head, leaving me umm-ing and ahh-ing.

I go to lessons every Tuesday (though I think that will change to everyday) and I use this Duolingo app but progress is so slow and it is rather disheartening. I know I need to work harder but being a human being working the motivation up to keep learning something that just doesn't seem to stick is tricky, I guess this is self defeating but its the truth.

I am writer by day for my work so I am always around the English language and I love my language, its fun for me and I speak in a rather eccentric manner, one that I cant really replicate at the moment with German so I regularly find myself just falling back to my English.

I just need tips to learning this language so I can get this monkey off my back.

The standard things:

Reading German newspapers, websites (spiegel.de or zeit.de) or watching German movies (with subtitles for a start) might help.

Also, don't be afraid to practise talking with German people.

Pennywise

I'll agree with our beloved Bateman.

It's one thing learning the theory, but once you'll break some daily routines with another language it get's better.

Don't loose hope, there are languages that you won't get as fast as you believed.
I never had any issues with English, but I really struggled with French for a couple of reasons and it took alot longer than I expected.

Gustav

Banned
Hi guys I need some advice,

I moved from England to Germany about a year ago now and I just cant grasp the language and it has me very worried. My wife is becoming agitated as am I but its just so difficult and the motivation is slowly wavering because I feel like I am making such little progress. I have been told to just speak but its more difficult than that, I feel I know the words but when it comes to saying them in a conversation I fret over getting it right and majority of the time the words leave my head, leaving me umm-ing and ahh-ing.

I go to lessons every Tuesday (though I think that will change to everyday) and I use this Duolingo app but progress is so slow and it is rather disheartening. I know I need to work harder but being a human being working the motivation up to keep learning something that just doesn't seem to stick is tricky, I guess this is self defeating but its the truth.

I am writer by day for my work so I am always around the English language and I love my language, its fun for me and I speak in a rather eccentric manner, one that I cant really replicate at the moment with German so I regularly find myself just falling back to my English.

I just need tips to learning this language so I can get this monkey off my back.

Find Germans that are willing to talk with you. It's the easiest and most natural way to learn a language.

Rufus

Just here to echo what everyone else has already said. You're in the perfect position for total immersion, so unless you shut yourself off you'll learn eventually.
Cheat by falling back to English if you have to, just so long as you keep trying. Eventually German words and more importantly syntax will feel less foreign to you. Don't worry about sounding your age or whatever, you walk before you run.
And don't sweat the minutiae like the gender of articles. You'll sound a little goofy if you say "der Haus" and such, but you'll be perfectly understandable otherwise.

sphinx

the piano man
Hilfe :(

ich will eine PS4 aber 399 ist mir zu teuer, gibt's denn irgendwo ein Angebot oder Aktion oder sonst irgendeine Seite wo ich sie etwas billiger (350?) kaufen kann?

fwoibles

Hilfe :(

ich will eine PS4 aber 399 ist mir zu teuer, gibt's denn irgendwo ein Angebot oder Aktion oder sonst irgendeine Seite wo ich sie etwas billiger (350?) kaufen kann?

Gibt es nicht nach Weihnachten alles viel billiger? Wuerde dann mal die ueblichen Verdaechtigen abgrasen, MediaMarkt, Amazon, ProMarkt, Saturn...

I think it's dangerous to go there alone.

Jokes aside, I think you can clearly argue if a lineup doesn't cater your interest and won't have any trouble on gaming side. However, using the obviously wrong "XY console has no games" narrative won't do yoh any good.

Blablurn

Habe noch nie etwas von dieser Seite gehört. Ehrlich.

qBsuB5s.png

raindoc

uhm... sind die Filme auf Netflix geschnitten? Seh' mir "Königreich der Himmel" an und finde die Kampfszenen gerade richtig mies (geschnitten?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom