• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF spricht Deutsch, zumindest hier drinnen...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boney said:
I thought this types of thread were not encouraged because it basically alienates the forum. Think that's why Latino gaf got closed.

Oh well, cheers guys enjoy your saussages and beers and bearucratic genious

I thought that we had this sort of threads before. Some started their own Spanish thread, then German, then French, Dutch etc.
I don't want to let this thread bomb or whatever, but I don't think that it becomes clear that this thread is not only chitchat.

Sn4ke_911 said:
Do you guys know what a "Oachkatzlschwoaf" is?

I do ;-)

PS: For everyone looking into german/austrian stand up comedy - forget about Dieter Nuhr, Mario Barth and Co - search for "Christoph Grissemann, Dirk Stermann". One Austrian and one German comedian with real black humor :)

Gala

Fritz said:
It's definitely worth checking out.

I had another idea about ways to learn German and listen to some native speaker. There is this webpage vorleser.net/, where you can legally listen to and download German audio books. They have a pretty good assortment there. Might be worth checking out!

Thats a pretty good way to improve your listening skills and vocabulary! My girlfriend uses this kind of strategy to improve her german as well. It really helps her a lot, except if she starts using shitty german television shows in the spirit of jersey shore and I have to deal with what she learns :D

Der Thread ist eine schöne Idee, ich hoffe er bleibt auf und es findet ein reger Austausch statt!

Metroid

Und wieviel von CW hat es hier herverschlagen? Einige bekannte Namen lese ich schon. War aber auch nichtmehr auszuhalten da.

Atlagev

Ganz toll! Deutsche-GAF! Maybe I'll write in German later, aber ich hab vergessen alle mein Deutsch. :-(

Anyway, I have a question. In this game I'm working on, I see "sorry" (yes, the English word, sorry) being used a lot instead of "tut mir leid". Is this a recent occurrence? Do Germans actually say it? Is it a young people thing?

Also, can anyone recommend some good German Musik? Beyond Kraftwerk, etc. Something that Ausländer might not know. Vielen dank!

Atlagev said:
Ganz toll! Deutsche-GAF! Maybe I'll write in German later, aber ich hab vergessen alle mein Deutsch. :-(

Anyway, I have a question. In this game I'm working on, I see "sorry" (yes, the English word, sorry) being used a lot instead of "tut mir leid". Is this a recent occurrence? Do Germans actually say it? Is it a young people thing?

Also, can anyone recommend some good German Musik? Beyond Kraftwerk, etc. Something that Ausländer might not know. Vielen dank!

If I am around friends and family I rather use "sorry" followed by "Tschuldigung" instead of "tut mir Leid" because I am always in a hurry.

I doubt you understand much but I really like HMBC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmI2m06YFfc (their dialect is hard to understand even for native austrian speakers)

Shorty

Banned
Metroid said:
Und wieviel von CW hat es hier herverschlagen? Einige bekannte Namen lese ich schon. War aber auch nichtmehr auszuhalten da.
lol cw. hängen da immer noch die gleichen spackos ab wie früher? bin schon seit jahren nicht mehr da gewesen weil mich damals die leute mit ihren lächerlichen fanboy wars so angepisst haben :D

Datrio

*been living in Germany for the last year*

Oh, a thread for me!

*clicks*

Shit, German language.

I actually find it amusing - I don't speak a word of German, but I have a fairly enjoyable life in Berlin knowing only English. No issues while shopping, at pubs - some people even ask me for directions in German, I ask them if they speak English (90% do) and I provide them with correct directions!

Fun city, fun country!

Fritz

Datrio said:

Oh, a thread for me!

*clicks*

Shit, German language.

I actually find it amusing - I don't speak a word of German, but I have a fairly enjoyable life in Berlin knowing only English. No issues while shopping, at pubs - some people even ask me for directions in German, I ask them if they speak English (90% do) and I provide them with correct directions!

Fun city, fun country!

Don't worry, you are welcome to participate in English as well. And awesome, a fellow Berliner! Which Kiez do you live in?

fuenf

Atlagev said:

Many Englisch words have infiltrated the German language, short words like "sorry" or "f*ck" are pretty common these days. For some "f*ck" has already replaced the german "scheiße" (shit) as a swear word, especially on tv shows like "Schlag den Raab" it's yelled pretty often and no it's not bleeped.

Clown_im_OP said:
image.php

shit yeah Sunn o)))

Datrio said:

Oh, a thread for me!

*clicks*

Shit, German language.

Fun city, fun country!

English is more than fine here, why don't you know any German? You just don't want to learn or is it just really difficult for you?

And is there any place that you can stream "Wetten Dass"? I used to like that show sometimes. :(

Gala said:
Thats a pretty good way to improve your listening skills and vocabulary! My girlfriend uses this kind of strategy to improve her german as well. It really helps her a lot, except if she starts using shitty german television shows in the spirit of jersey shore and I have to deal with what she learns :D

Der Thread ist eine schöne Idee, ich hoffe er bleibt auf und es findet ein reger Austausch statt!

Diese Hoerbuch sind sehr gut fuer Wortschatz? Ich mag besser wenn ich ein Wort sehen kann. Ich denke es ist gut fuer "sprechen" aber ich denke nicht so gut wie Films. Aber sie hat viele Woerter von Hoerbuecher gelernt?

Fritz

fuenf said:
Many Englisch words have infiltrated the German language, short words like "sorry" or "f*ck" are pretty common these days. For some "f*ck" has already replaced the german "scheiße" (shit) as a swear word, especially on tv shows like "Schlag den Raab" it's yelled pretty often and no it's not bleeped.

Funny enough I usually say "Ficken", which is the literal translation of "to fuck", which kinda doesn't make sense at all but kids back at my school used to say it and it stuck.

Fritz said:
Funny enough I usually say "Ficken", which is the literal translation of "to fuck", which kinda doesn't make sense at all but kids back at my school used to say it and it stuck.

:lol I say "fick" or "scheisse" but that was from us in highschool trying to figure out how to curse in German and it stuck for me. :p It seems like no one says that though and "scheisse" seems to be more of a catch-all for German.

Kjellson said:
What does German-GAF think of dubbing foreign films and TV shows?

Dubs that have been dubs by companies? I hear comedy stuff is dubbed really badly for the most part and the jokes don't always translate well. I guess it's not bad if you don't mind the voice being different. Things like southpark are awkward since the jokes aren't always the same and cartman has a distinct voice that he obviously doesn't in German and it irritates the hell out of me. Other stuff I'm completely fine with but voices that have been cemented in my mind of how they should sound always bother me as an american.

Fritz

Kjellson said:

I think there is really no right or wrong. Dubbing over here is serious business, lots of authors and actors and technicians have specialized in Dubbing so it is usually on a pretty good level. For people who don't speak English - or any other foreign language for that matter - it is a major improvement in viewing leisure. For lots of formats and genres you don't really need the original track, basically everything outside of comedy. I personally like to watch my stuff with the original voice track. Except for the few cases where the Dub is even better than the original. Die Zwei as the prime example comes to mind.

Karud

GAF auf deutsch. Ich weiß ja nicht...

Aber wenn schon mal ein paar hier sind: Weiß jemand was mit onpsx.net passiert ist? Die sind seit über einer Woche offline.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
iamaustrian said:
ps: Wenn mal irgendwer eine gratis Übernachtungsmöglichkeit in meiner Gegend(steiermark) braucht, pm't mir, meine bude steht jederzeit offen.
Oh, Graz represent!
?

stOex

SaarlandGAF represent!

Ach is das mal gut wieder was auf Deutsch zu schreiben, schon lange nimmer gemacht.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
LazyLoki said:
Munich-GAF represent!

Obwohl ich momentan leider zwischen München und Hof pendeln muss.
Buja!

Zum Glück ist der Wies´n Terror wieder vorbei, ich hab schon echt die Krätze bekommen.
Ich nehme mal an, dass der Spaß hier schnell ein Ende finden wird da nicht moderiert werden kann.

vitacola

Fritz said:
Rainald Grebe ist so wahnsinnig gut. Ich war im Sommer beim Konzert in der Berliner Waldbühne, fucking grand!
Familie Gold
Ich war im Sommer hier in der alljährlichen Kulturarena beim Konzert. Super, ganz groß. Er hat sogar an zwei Tagen gespielt, da das erste Konzert schon nach einigen Stunden ausverkauft war :D

Fritz

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
what is pommenten? I'm probably killing the spelling but around :46 in he says ohne pommenten or something like that.

Prominente! The state without celebrities.

Fritz said:
Prominente! The state without celebrities.
Bah! The second I heard the word I knew I butchered it but you responded before I could edit it. :p I'm happy I understood pretty much all of that. Thueringen is the state that's pretty much in the center of germany right?

Kjellson said:

I think it's horrible. I almost only watch TV shows and movies in their original language. As an Asian movie buff I am also used to subtitles so no problem there. In addition the dubbing mania (even Jackass is dubbed!) is one of the contributing factors responsible for the awful English skills of the Germans. Compare that to the Dutch or Scandinavian people...

wsippel

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Bah! The second I heard the word I knew I butchered it but you responded before I could edit it. :p I'm happy I understood pretty much all of that. Thueringen is the state that's pretty much in the center of germany right?
Yes, we are. It's actually a nice state, but quite small, no big cities, no famous companies. And many people in Germany think Weimar is the capital for whatever reason (if they even realize Thuringia is a state).

vitacola

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Yes, the "green heart" ;) Oh, and the best sausages are from Thüringen too :p

wsippel said:
Yes, we are. It's actually a nice state, but quite small, no big cities, no famous companies. And many people in Germany think Weimar is the capital for whatever reason (if they even realize Thuringia is a state).
No famous companies? Zeiss?
I would love to change the capitol from Erfurt to Weimar. But hey, we are Saxonians anyway :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom