• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF spricht Deutsch, zumindest hier drinnen...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here.

What place you looking for? I'm not much into clubbing but my girl knows a lot of places. As for bars, I think I know a few. Been here a few years now.

i'm not a clubbing guy either.
I just need to find some people to hang around.. my current clique is located in gießen : / can't travel that far in the middle of the week every time.
A5 is a bitch

Haxxor

Hello German speaking gaf. I have a question about the special parking spaces a friend of mine has seen in Germany that supossedly are for woman only.

What I want to know is if this is true, how common is it and how is it seen by the locals? Iv'e read the wiki article but it wasn't all that helpful.

And according to my friend the woman parking spots were wider as it is accepted thar woman have a more difficult time parking.

So could someone please fill me in on how it actually is and works?

Thanks to anyone who contributes.

vitacola

In my area they are not very common. I see them most of the times next to motorways.

Most of the times the parking spaces for women are closer to the entrance of e.g. a mall so they don't have to carry their goods that far and at some spots like motorway restaurants it's located there so the women feel more secure, because it's less likely they will become a victim of an assault. Never seen one that is wider.

Hackbert

Hello German speaking gaf. I have a question about the special parking spaces a friend of mine has seen in Germany that supossedly are for woman only.

What I want to know is if this is true, how common is it and how is it seen by the locals? Iv'e read the wiki article but it wasn't all that helpful.

And according to my friend the woman parking spots were wider as it is accepted thar woman have a more difficult time parking.

So could someone please fill me in on how it actually is and works?

Thanks to anyone who contributes.

did he saw one in a parking garage? As far as i know, marked parking places for women are not really bigger. they are an anti measure against the danger of rape and stuff like that. This special marked spaces are videocontrolled and next to the exits/lifts.

edit : ninjaed
just for the laughs :
5.bild.jpg

Haxxor

In my area they are not very common. I see them most of the times next to motorways.

Most of the times the parking spaces for women are closer to the entrance of e.g. a mall so they don't have to carry their goods that far and at some spots like motorway restaurants it's located there so the women feel more secure, because it's less likely they will become a victim of an assault. Never seen one that is wider.

Ok, so it's like in the wiki article about practicality and safety and not about how women are seen as drivers, thanks a lot for the info!

Haxxor

did he saw one in a parking garage? As far as i know, marked parking places for women are not really bigger. they are an anti measure against the danger of rape and stuff like that. This special marked spaces are videocontrolled and next to the exits/lifts.

edit : ninjaed
just for the laughs :
5.bild.jpg

No it was an open parking, next to a highway. And you, like the poster above and the wiki article seem to have the same view. Thank you for the info!

And I am presuming that the photo is shopped just for fun.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
It's coming out an the 26th (with previews on the 25th).

I cant really recommend a cinema in Stuttgart but 98% of the cinemas will show the dubbed version of TDKR. You'll need to find a cinema that'll show the OV (original version) or OmU (Original mit Untertiteln = with subtitles). You wont find an IMAX cinema anywhere near Stuttgart but the biggest screens in our normal multiplex cinemas should be comparable to the American LIEMAX screens (roughly 10m*22m).

Edit: I just googled a little bit and http://www.innenstadt-kinos.de / http://www.ufastuttgart.de/ / www.cinemaxx.de could be reasonable options. The 'Metropol' (part of Innenstadt-Kinos) will show TDKR in English on the 25th but i dont know if any good tickets are still available. I guess that Stuttgart-GAF will help you out soon enough.
Alright, thanks! I'll try my best to nab tickets.

Edit: I went for Metropol. Thank you!!

Be prepared to watch it on a smaller screen. OV (Original Version) and OmU (with german subtitles) don't have enough people interested in it to be shown in big theatres. Hamburg and Berlin are the exceptions. No IMAX though.

No IMAX is awful. Hamburg and Berlin are way too far :(

I've never seen parking spaces for women that are bigger than normal ones (EDIT: that doesn't mean they don't exist!). But there are special parking spots for families or women/men with kids. Those are bigger so you have extra room to open the doors more and can easily reach the special car seats for kids or have no problems loading and unloading things.

EDIT: Maybe the parking spaces for women and those for families/people with kids are combined in Germany?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Thanks for the input. But it could be as you say and he just happened upon one that was wider.

Germany is more chauvinistic than the US, from what I've seen so far. Well, they're more open about men and women being different. Different parking spaces was just strange, when I first encountered them.

One notable exception has been Germany, where BMW was forced to recall a female-voiced navigation system on its 5 Series cars in the late 1990s after being flooded with calls from German men saying they refused to take directions from a woman.
http://edition.cnn.com/2011/10/21/tech/innovation/female-computer-voices/index.html

Servus Berliner: in eurer Stadt werde ich bis nächste Mittwoch sein und da werde ich für ne Woche bleiben.

Was sollte ich tun? Sehenswürdigkeiten interessieren mich nur so viel aber die muss ich auch nach der Brauch aufsuchen. Aber was sonst?

Servus Berliner: in eurer Stadt werde ich bis nächste Mittwoch sein und da werde ich für ne Woche bleiben.

Was sollte ich tun? Sehenswürdigkeiten interessieren mich nur so viel aber die muss ich auch nach der Brauch aufsuchen. Aber was sonst?

Ich komme zwar nicht aus Berlin, aber (wenn möglich) solltest du dir bei schönem Wetter mal das Schloss Sanssouci in Potsdam nahe Berlin ansehen (inkl Garten). Es sei denn du hast eine Abneigung gegen Geschichte oder Schlösser ;)

http://www.imposante-bauwerke.de/wp...in-potsdam/sanssouci-park-wolfgang-staudt.jpg

Ich komme zwar nicht aus Berlin, aber (wenn möglich) solltest du dir bei schönem Wetter mal das Schloss Sanssouci in Potsdam nahe Berlin ansehen (inkl Garten). Es sei denn du hast eine Abneigung gegen Geschichte oder Schlösser ;)

http://www.imposante-bauwerke.de/wp...in-potsdam/sanssouci-park-wolfgang-staudt.jpg

Alter! wie krasss. ich bin Geschichte und Schlösser Nerdheit verkörpert.

errinerst du dich wie viel derlei kostet? umsonst? ich bin zwar net knapp bei Konto will aber auch net pleite gehen.

Fritz

errinerst du dich wie viel derlei kostet? umsonst? ich bin zwar net knapp bei Konto will aber auch net pleite gehen.

The park is public and very nice. There is really no need to enter one of the castles. If you're really keen go see the frederisiko exhibition at the "Neues palais"!

Neues-Palais-Potsdam-a21566211.jpg

It's in the same park really close by.

Wenn du in den Bundestag (genauer gesagt in die Kuppel) willst, melde euch(?) am besten als Besuchergruppe an - hmm, aber anscheinend geht das auch für Einzelpersonen:
https://visite.bundestag.de/BAPWeb/pages/createBookingRequest.jsf
Man kommt so viel schneller rein, sonst muss man teilweise mehrere Stunden warten.

Du kannst auch einer so genannten Plenarsitzung beiwohnen:
http://www.bundestag.de/besuche/plenarsitzung.html
um den Scheißern gemütlich beim Labern/Schwätzen/Babbeln zu lauschen..
xvpSh.jpg

Ich bin ja kein Berliner, aber hmm, was sonst..
- Brandenburger Tor, Siegessäule, Schloss Bellevue (man kann aber afaik nicht rein)
- Checkpoint Charlie
- Der Zoo ist nicht schlecht
- Sony Center, eh.. davor gibt es noch so einen billigen Walk of Fame für deutsche Stars, lol
- der vietnamesische Tempel ist auch cool (samt Risen-Buddha und geilem Essen an Feiertagen, Wochenenden), aber ich wurde dorthin per Auto gebracht - also ka. wie du dahin kommst :p
- Berlin hat eine große Viet-Gemeinde, also lohnt es sich da eventuell vietnamesisches Essen zu probieren (Sommerrollen, Pho)

sonst fällt mir nicht viel ein :/

Ach so, soweit ich weiß ist:
Prenzlauer Berg = (neu)Reichenviertel - also gibt es da wohl nicht viel zu sehen(?)
Kreuzberg = ehemals ein "Ghetto"-Viertel, aber jetzt hipp, cool, etc.
Neuköln = das eigentliche, aktuelle "Ghetto"-Viertel, aka. lieber meiden, lol

/edit
Shit, ich muss sagen, dass ich ziemlich viel verpasst habe, wenn ich mir so die TripAdvisor-Site zu Berlin anschaue:
http://www.tripadvisor.de/Attractions-g187323-Activities-Berlin.html
Ist halt der Nachteil, wenn man immer nur zu irgendwelchen Anlässen dahin fährt und auch sonst immer Ortsansässigen rumgeführt wird.

Ach ja, den Fernsehturm wollte ich nicht unerwähnt lassen:
http://tv-turm.de/de/besuch-planen.php

Ja, wie gesagt: Der Park ist öffentlich, der Gang durchs Schloss sollte aber auch nur ein paar € kosten. Es lohnt sich!

http://www.schloessergaerten.de/bilder/schloesser/sanssouci/F0014351_sanssoucigaestezimmer.jpg

Bei schönem Wetter natürlich am besten, vor allem der Garten.

ich steige grad beim Fernseherturm aus, nämlich Alexanderplatz. ich bleib bei dieser Jugenherberge namens Pangea People, sieht net schlecht aus, war ziemlich billig (bei 15 euro) und wurde von vertrauenswürdigen Kumpeln empfohlen. Laut der Mappe ist es gar nicht weit entfernt vom Alexanderplatz

ich danke euch, bisher sind die Infos mega nützlich. Ich freue mich!!!

lol Neuköln als Ghetto? bin noch nie im deutschen Ghetto, darauf freue ich mich auch!

Gustav

Banned
ich steige grad beim Fernseherturm aus, nämlich Alexanderplatz. ich bleib bei dieser Jugenherberge namens Pangea People, sieht net schlecht aus, war ziemlich billig (bei 15 euro) und wurde von vertrauenswürdigen Kumpeln empfohlen. Laut der Mappe ist es gar nicht weit entfernt vom Alexanderplatz

lol Neuköln als Ghetto? bin noch nie im deutschen Ghetto, darauf freue ich mich auch!

Neukölln ist nicht so schlimm wie alle tun. Es wohnen viele Türken im Süden Neuköllns, aber als Ghetto würde ich das nicht bezeichnen.

Meine Tipps für einen Berlin Ausflug:

- Besuch der Insel der Jugend in Treptow wenn man mal entspannen will
- Besuch der Museumsinsel, wenn man Kultur will. Viele Museen und der Berliner Dom.
- Wenn man einen richtig guten (American style) Burger essen will, dann auf jeden Fall bei 'The Bird' in Prenzlauer Berg
- Nachtleben und Bars wahrscheinlich in Kreuzberg und Friedrichshain. Eignet sich super für Pubcrawls
- Clubs und Discos gibt es viele - hängt davon ab, was man für Musik mag. Ich persönlich mag das Lido in Kreuzberg sehr. Ist aber eher alternatives Klientel.
- Wenn man mal richtig wie Rentner entspannen will, dann auf jeden Fall einen Trip auf der Spree (Fluss) mit dem Boot
- Teuer Shopping an der Friedrichstrasse und Umgebung, Hippes Shopping in Kreuzberg und Südfriedrichshain
- Beste Pizza in town: Rocco und seine Brüder in Kreuzberg

Fritz

ich bin sowieso dabei!

ist der Strandbar halt in diesem Park, also an der "Küste" liegenden Teil des Parks?

NICE!

Jepp, auf der Karte das Teil mit dem Liegestuhl. Hackescher Markt ist ganz in der Nähe vom Alexanderplatz, aber das hast Du wahrscheinlich schon rausbekommen. Hoffe das Wetter passt morgen.

flippedb

Banned
Hallo DE-GAF, können sie bitte mir helfen? Ich muss fur nächste Samstag eine Presentation über Berlin machen. Ich muss über die folgende sprechen:

- Zentrum früher und heute.
- Was kann man in der Stadt machen.
- Typisches Essen.
- Landschaft
- Besonderheiten.

Ich weiss dass ich kann das im Internet suchen, aber ich denke eine nativ könnte besser Auskunft geben. Danke Berlin-GAF!

Außerdem, können sie dieser Post korrigieren?

Glasswork

Hey German-gaf, quick question.

So I'm going with my family to Austria in a couple of weeks (Zell am See and Vienna), we don't know ANY German at all, so I'm wondering if you can help me find some good videos/channels/whatever for German? how much do I need to interact with people if I know English?

Ich danke schon! (is that correct? :p)

Ich hab heut diesen Film "This ain't California" gesehen.. MEGA krass! überraschend war der auch gefühlsvoll.. echt lustig zu sehen wie Alex ein wichtiger Teil des Films ist während ich selber grad bei Alex war. so doll

Hey German-gaf, quick question.

So I'm going with my family to Austria in a couple of weeks (Zell am See and Vienna), we don't know ANY German at all, so I'm wondering if you can help me find some good videos/channels/whatever for German? how much do I need to interact with people if I know English?

Ich danke schon! (is that correct? :p)

I've never been to Austria but if your going to a touristy place like Vienna you should have no problem. Any major place or younger person should be able to help you no problem. I don't know of anything off hand but it should be easy enough to google. If I find something I'll post it though. I'm assuming you meant to say just "danke schön “? Which just means thank you.

Violet_0

Banned
bin jetzt mehr oder weniger offiziel Mitglied von Germany-GAF (ehemals Austria-GAF)

uhhh ... sucht hier zufällig jemand einen Mitbewohner in Stuttgart? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom