• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF spricht Deutsch, zumindest hier drinnen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Any Berlin Gaffers? I'm gonna be there... Uh, on Tuesday. In Marrakech right now, flying Tues morning out of Malaga to Dusseldorf. Hey, if you're in Dusseldorf, that's awesome too.

If you haven't seen me post that's cause I've been traveling since September.

Any German Gaffers have the Wii-U? Can I come over?

Fritz

At least here in Mexico, that's not the case. And from the cities I've been to in Canada and the US, it's different as well, but then again, we have tons of land over here.

Hm, I am afraid I dont get it. I am looking at pics of Mexico-City and it looks like a sea of apartment buildings.

Also what Zaraki said.

Oh well, doesn't matter I guess.

Any Berlin Gaffers? I'm gonna be there... Uh, on Tuesday. In Marrakech right now, flying Tues morning out of Malaga to Dusseldorf. Hey, if you're in Dusseldorf, that's awesome too.

If you haven't seen me post that's cause I've been traveling since September.

Any German Gaffers have the Wii-U? Can I come over?

I am in Berlin! But I only have a dirty ol' Wii. How long do you stay? Maybe I can show you around on the weekend or we can hit a museum or something.

Hm, I am afraid I dont get it. I am looking at pics of Mexico-City and it looks like a sea of apartment buildings.

Also what Zaraki said.

well, Mexico City is the only exception I guess, it is extremely densely populated (and a shithole too). Other major cities like Guadalajara and Monterrey are not like that.

Summer is only painful because it seems no one in Germany believes in air conditioning. Otherwise, it would be pretty much fine. I thought I was going to die in the summer, you just get no relief without air conditioning.
True. I always want to buy an air conditioner but then I save the money and fly to PAX. As a student, I do not have much money to spend.

Fritz

well, Mexico City is the only exception I guess, it is extremely densely populated (and a shithole too). Other major cities like Guadalajara and Monterrey are not like that.

monterrey1os6ynj1b.jpg
?

Looking at the pics I reckon the apartment/house ratio is probably the same here.

Well, usually tall buildings like that are full of offices. But anyways, the point that I was trying to make is that, most people here live in houses, unless you're either in really bad shape economically or single.

Fritz

Well, usually tall buildings like that are full of offices. But anyways, the point that I was trying to make is that, most people here live in houses, unless you're either in really bad shape economically or single.

I think it's the same over here. I grew up in a smaller town and none of my friends lived in an apartment. I'd just add people that want to live central in big cities and university students to your list. Allthough the latter probably just falls under the "really bad shape" category ;P

Dr.Acula

Banned
I am in Berlin! But I only have a dirty ol' Wii. How long do you stay? Maybe I can show you around on the weekend or we can hit a museum or something.

Sick! Sent you a PM.

The only think I def need to do in Europe is see The Hobbit at 48fps. Is it still playing?

That and drink beer.

Gustav

Banned

Also what Zaraki said.

Check out the Videospielemuseum. ;)

do if you wish so, the movie sucked monkeyballs.

You're dead to me, don't quote me anymore. :mad:

Well, at least some of the cities I've been to in Southern California, didn't seem like that.

It depends on what cities we're talking about here, that's why I said "real cities" and obviously even with smaller cities, the closer you are to the city center, the less houses there are, if any. Most of what people call cities in the US are more spread out and should really be considered more of a town than a city given the population but the structure of cities is pretty similar between the two except Europe has zones that are walking only where as US cities usually have nothing of the sort. Any major city in the US is apartments only, it's just how cities work, you have to get on the outskirts to find houses, if they even have houses. NYC, Chicago, Philadelphia, etc. are just apartments unless you're doing like some people that are in the "greater New york area" or something similar. It's the same in Germany, Stuttgart, Frankfurt, München, Berlin, etc. don't have houses. Even the city I lived in of Heidelberg had only apartments and it wasn't until you got up towards the mountains of Heidelberg (don't even think it was technically Heidelberg even) that you started to see houses. Anything that did look like a house in those cities were either restaurants or inns, there was no houses in the middle of a city. I think it's more the wording you're using than anything else that makes the disagreement. My town has a population of 1,200 people, that's it. A girl I met from Switzerland complained that her town was small and that they only had about 15,000 people. City and town are so vague of words too that there's a huge range of places that those words represent. Especially with the size of the US, there is a huge huge variation between cities within the same state let alone in other states in the country.

I'm a big film buff and am curious about the 48fps format. Plus the only movie I've seen in a theatre the past four-and-a-half months was the new Bond. And I saw it in Spanish. Which I can't understand.

well maybe you will enjoy it, I definitely did not like the 48fps format

Mhh, was macht ihr so bei Bettlern?
Grad' hat mich wieder ein Säufer angepumpt..."hätten sie vielleicht 50 cent oder einen Euro für mich?" (lol, nennt sogar Wunschbeträge)
Nein..

Goddamn, wie die mir auf den Sack gehen...und dank der EU-Erweiterung gibt es ja neuerdings auch Bahn/Zug-Musikanten und es werden Kinder und sichtlich behinderte Menschen zur Schau gestellt.
Als Kiddie/Jugendlicher habe ich öfters anders gehandelt, aber dann mit dem Alter irgendwann realisiert, dass eigentlich absolut niemand bei uns betteln müsste.
Dann habe ich auch mitbekommen wie sog. Straßen-Punker abends nach Hause kommen und sich von der Mutti bekochen lassen..

Anders war es in den USA, da habe ich dann auch bereitwillig "gespendet" - sogar mal einen Zehner als ich länger auf ein Taxi warten musste und der "Dude" mir ne coole Story erzählte.
Da haben sie aber teilweise keine richtigen Institutionen für geistig behinderte und/oder Abhänge, bzw. sind die Kapazitäten unzureichend, da fühle ich dann teilweise wirklich mit.

/rant

Fritz

Grad' hat mich wieder ein Säufer angepumpt..."hätten sie vielleicht 50 cent oder einen Euro für mich?" (lol, nennt sogar Wunschbeträge)
Nein..

Goddamn, wie die mir auf den Sack gehen...und dank der EU-Erweiterung gibt es ja neuerdings auch Bahn/Zug-Musikanten und es werden Kinder und sichtlich behinderte Menschen zur Schau gestellt.
Als Kiddie/Jugendlicher habe ich öfters anders gehandelt, aber dann mit dem Alter irgendwann realisiert, dass eigentlich absolut niemand bei uns betteln müsste.
Dann habe ich auch mitbekommen wie sog. Straßen-Punker abends nach Hause kommen und sich von der Mutti bekochen lassen..

Anders war es in den USA, da habe ich dann auch bereitwillig "gespendet" - sogar mal einen Zehner als ich länger auf ein Taxi warten musste und der "Dude" mir ne coole Story erzählte.
Da haben sie aber teilweise keine richtigen Institutionen für geistig behinderte und/oder Abhänge, bzw. sind die Kapazitäten unzureichend, da fühle ich dann teilweise wirklich mit.

/rant

Ich glaube wir hatten nen thread dazu vor kurzem. Ich laufe täglich bestimmt an fünf Obdachlosen vorbei, die nach Geld fragen. Allein deshalb habe ich aufgegeben, was zu geben :( Ich finde es aber auch scheiße so zu tun, als wären sie Luft. Da krieg ich echt nen kragen wenn irgendwelche leute genervt in die andere Richtung gucken. Es sind immer noch Menschen. Also schaue ich ihnen in die Auge und sage "Nein, tut mir leid". Um die Ecke steht jeden Tag einer, der die Obdachlosenzeitschrift verkauft und der sau nett und aufgeräumt ist. Bei dem Kauf ich die Zeitung einmal die Woche.

aw I'm so sorry I think we're not talking about the same movie. I confused the hobbit with shrek 3D, for an addition to the shrek series the movie was pretty decent, a bit too
silly maybe but hey it's for the kids.

Wait, you seriously confused shrek with the hobbit? I think this makes me even sadder.

Ich glaube wir hatten nen thread dazu vor kurzem. Ich laufe täglich bestimmt an fünf Obdachlosen vorbei, die nach Geld fragen. Allein deshalb habe ich aufgegeben, was zu geben :( Ich finde es aber auch scheiße so zu tun, als wären sie Luft. Da krieg ich echt nen kragen wenn irgendwelche leute genervt in die andere Richtung gucken. Es sind immer noch Menschen. Also schaue ich ihnen in die Auge und sage "Nein, tut mir leid". Um die Ecke steht jeden Tag einer, der die Obdachlosenzeitschrift verkauft und der sau nett ist. Bei dem Kauf ich die Zeitung einmal die Woche.

Mhh, ignorieren tu ich sie auch nicht, aber höfflich bin ich nur wenn sie wiederum höfflich nach Geld fragen und am besten ohne eine Alkoholfahne. Und, yo, die Leute mit der Zeitung sind ganz i.O., die Bodo (so heißt sie bei uns) kaufe ich manchmal auch, obwohl mich der Inhalt nicht im geringsten interessiert, man sollte sich evtl. ein anderes bzw. moderneres Konzept überlegen (wobei "live wifi hotspots" vllt. doch zu entwürdigend ist).

Fritz

Mhh, ignorieren tu ich sie auch nicht, aber höfflich bin ich nur wenn sie wiederum höfflich nach Geld fragen und am besten ohne eine Alkoholfahne. Und, yo, die Leute mit der Zeitung sind ganz i.O., die Bodo (so heißt sie bei uns) kaufe ich manchmal auch, obwohl mich der Inhalt nicht im geringsten interessiert, man sollte sich evtl. ein anderes bzw. moderneres Konzept überlegen (wobei "live wifi hotspots" vllt. doch zu entwürdigend ist).

Die Berliner Motz ist garnichtmal schlecht.

Die Schlepper sind natürlich nochmal ne ganz andere Kiste. Mir hat mal ein junges Mädchen aus Rumänien so bitter hinterhergeschrien und vermutlich geflucht, weil ich ihr kein Geld gegeben habe (auf die Art, die ich oben beschrieben hab). Da dachte ich auch: "Alter, muss ich mir das eigentlich gefallen lassen?". Auch geil wie mechanisch die dann auf Bettelzug gehen. Einmal bin ich über den Hackeschen Markt gegangen und die sind wohl gerade abgesetzt worden. Jedenfalls gingen vier dreier/zweier Grüppchen in jeweils ca 5 meter Abstand die Straße entlang und alle haben mich angebettelt. Ich musste so lachen, weil es so absurd war. "Eure Freundinnen haben mich vor 2 Sekunden angebettelt! Die gehen nur ein paar Schritte vor Euch. Nicht aufgefallen?"

Gustav

Banned
Ich glaube wir hatten nen thread dazu vor kurzem. Ich laufe täglich bestimmt an fünf Obdachlosen vorbei, die nach Geld fragen. Allein deshalb habe ich aufgegeben, was zu geben :( Ich finde es aber auch scheiße so zu tun, als wären sie Luft. Da krieg ich echt nen kragen wenn irgendwelche leute genervt in die andere Richtung gucken. Es sind immer noch Menschen. Also schaue ich ihnen in die Auge und sage "Nein, tut mir leid". Um die Ecke steht jeden Tag einer, der die Obdachlosenzeitschrift verkauft und der sau nett und aufgeräumt ist. Bei dem Kauf ich die Zeitung einmal die Woche.

Ich arbeite am Alexanderplatz. Ich werde ca. 3 mal am Tag von irgendwem, der irgendwas von mir will, angesprochen. Meistens ignorieren. Strassenmusikanten und Bettlern gebe ich öfter Geld.

My city had a "Bettlerverbot" for a short while because especially younger and/or handicapped people have been carried across the border to "work" here. Even if you gave them the money - they did not see much (any) of it but the guys behind this scheme drive big cars. A court ruled the ban illegal but since not much changed anyway I don't mind. However I really have to ask myself where all the money for the poor EU countries goes if there is such a organized begging scene and nothing can be done about it. I personally don't mind the people selling those newspapers. However there are also some abusing that to the level where they follow and harass girls until they "buy" the newspaper.

Wrayfield

Nein..

/rant

Geld gebe ich selten. Manchmal kommt ein Junkie am Bahnhof und möchte was essen, und wenn er es Ernst meint, kaufe ich's ihm. Essen lehne ich eigentlich nie ab, aber nur die wenigstens wollen Essen direkt haben ...

Zum Thema ausländische Pro-Bettler, als ich mal in Madrid gelebt habe, gab's einen deutschen Schlaumeier, der jeden blonden Mann auf Deutsch um 'nen Euro gebeten hat. Und ein paar Engländer und Amis, die immer mit der Schiene "mir wurde mein Geldbeutel und mein Ticket nach Hause geklaut" daherkamen. Die fand ich irgendwie viel nervender.

Fritz

Charles-in-Sorge.jpg

LOL

Ich arbeite am Alexanderplatz. Ich werde ca. 3 mal am Tag von irgendwem, der irgendwas von mir will, angesprochen. Meistens ignorieren. Strassenmusikanten und Bettlern gebe ich öfter Geld.

Btw, krass wieviel Polizei mittlerweile am Alexanderplatz unterwegs is. Aber ich hab das Gefühl die kleinen Pseudo Gangster die da abhängen machen einen Sport daraus, von der Polizei verwarnt zu werden.

Zum Thema Pferdefleisch - also Landjäger (keine Ahnung ob es die in Deutschland gibt) oder Salami, Leberkäse aus Pferdefleisch finde ich persönlich eigentlich recht gut und preislich liegen solche Produkte über den regulären Varianten. Aber wenn X drauf steht sollte wirklich X drinnen sein - da könnte die EU ruhig etwas schärfer kontrollieren. Fände ich wichtiger als Nettobeiträge zu erhöhen, Grenzen für Blei und Co in Spielzeug zu erhöhen und der Content Industrie den Hof zu machen ...

So, how do germans generally get accepted into universities? Do you have to do an "admission test" or something like that? All education there is free (or almost free), right?

So, how do germans generally get accepted into universities? Do you have to do an "admission test" or something like that? All education there is free (or almost free), right?

You can either apply directly to the university or for stuff that has limited places you have to apply via hochschulstart.de.
There are still two states (Lower Saxony and Bavaria) which still have "Studiengebühren" (enrolment fee). But in both states it seems highly unlikely that this will continue.

For a longer description read this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_in_Germany#Tertiary_education

TCRS

Banned
Other than that you pay a semester fee for each semester basically. It's different for every uni since administrative costs are included and they are different for every uni. But for the semester fee you basically get a public transport card with which you can use all public transport in your state. Bus, Tram, Tube, Train (but not all trains. Regionalbahn and S-Bahn yes, Inter-City no). In my case it's €250 per semester so roughly €42 per month, which is a pretty good deal :)

Fritz

Only prerequisite is that you finished the Abitur (A levels). Certain Majors also require a certain average grade in your Abitur (called numerus clausus). Also popular Unis will only admit so many students and grades are criteria nr. 1.

Other than that you pay a semester fee for each semester basically. It's different for every uni since administrative costs are included and they are different for every uni. But for the semester fee you basically get a public transport card with which you can use all public transport in your state. Bus, Tram, Tube, Train (but not all trains. Regionalbahn and S-Bahn yes, Inter-City no). In my case it's €250 per semester so roughly €42 per month, which is a pretty good deal :)

Yep, totall forgot that.

Gustav

Banned
Gerade mal 20 Minuten vor dem Fernseher und ich weiß wieder, warum ich kein deutsches Fernsehen mehr gucke. Meine Fresse! Das ist kaum auszuhalten!

Gustav

Banned
Ich schau Pan Am auf Sixx. Aber ich glaube ich gehe lieber abwaschen.

Ist das eine US Produktion? Leider bin ich zu elitär für Synchros. Aber ich sollte eigentlich auch zu elitär für Rach der Restauranttester sein...

thats what DVD box sets where invented for.
no bad dubbing, no advertisements, no cliffhangers, no specific date/time requirements

I have a US proxy I watch Netflix and Hulu through. If not available at either of those, I buy through iTunes.

The problem is, my Internet is currently down. That means only German TV for me...

TCRS

Banned
Gerade mal 20 Minuten vor dem Fernseher und ich weiß wieder, warum ich kein deutsches Fernsehen mehr gucke. Meine Fresse! Das ist kaum auszuhalten!

Ab und zu finde ich diese "reality" shows auf RTL lustig, für die lols. Aber ja, das meiste ist Schwachsinn. Vor allem diese in Deutschland produzierten Dramas auf ARD und ZDF, die sind einfach so billig. Wie man es richtig macht zeigt BBC, das auch viel weniger Geld hat als ARD/ZDF. Oder die Dänen mit Kommissarin Lund (das gestern oder vorgestern auf ZDF lief).

Aber anderseits ist deutsches Fernseher für Reportagen und Dokus ganz gut. Gucke gerne Spiegel TV, Drehscheibe Deutschland, oder Dokus/Magazine auf HR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom