• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF spricht Deutsch, zumindest hier drinnen...

Status
Not open for further replies.
881cxulb.jpg

what are you guys doing it's half past 3

I#m going to sleep.

Deafmutes. Tim Tams.

1. It's not even 2pm yet
2. How many packets you want son?

On topic: Germany is the most appealing country in Europe for me (with the Scandinavian countries coming close). No real interest in Spain, France, England, etc.

doppel Beitrage, scheisse :(

On topic: Germany is the most appealing country in Europe for me (with the Scandinavian countries coming close). No real interest in Spain, France, England, etc.

doppel Beitrage, scheisse :(

I want to get to Germany, Netherlands, Poland, Czech Republic and maybe Russia. When I was 9 years old, my family went for a 4.5 month holiday, where we stopped in:

- United States
- UK
- Ireland
- France
- Sweden
- Italy
- Switzerland (stopover in Bern)
- Greece
- Egypt
- Thailand
- China (stopover in HK)
- Japan

Then two years later, we went to all of the Australian states, and two years after that, we did three weeks in New Zealand. I wasn't really old enough to appreciate most of it though. Northern/Central Europe was the most conspicuous absence, and after my grand strategy gaming habit made me infatuated with Prussia, I'm interested in that whole region of Europe.

Fritz

Why did they put NZ in Australia?

Also, I don't think I ever realized that Austria is pretty much Eastern European...

tumblr_ma6l30EsZA1r3ozv4o1_500.jpg

Also capital Sydney. That map keeps on giving.

Bout Austria is true. Dracula was first to be set in Austria. But then again, Austria is as western europe as it gets.

Milchjon

See, we start talking in English, those pesky strangers invade the thread, and minutes later our thread title is defaced.

XRH19T7.jpg

I hope I don't have to explicitly state that I'm kidding ;-)

sphinx

the piano man
I am a Mexican and have been living in the city Bremen for 3 years, no double citizenship or german parents or anything, a completely grown-up Mexican with no prior links to Germany who came here because of a love relationship (that is now over).

I have never experienced rascism or rejection whatsoever, never and I am not blond and I surely speak with an accent.

I think the reasons are:

.- I learned their behavior and talk and think like them, I don't do shit that bothers them. I abide by the rules: I buy my train tickets, bring the tablet to the counter in restaurants, don't speak loud, have courtesy, respect others, etc.

.- I speak fluent german (and learned it properly), I am not perfect but I don't go with half-assed sentences that make no sense and shit.

.- I dress up. yes, they are like "devil wears prada" Amanda priestley if by chance you look like a beggar.

Milchjon

.- I speak fluent german (and learned it properly), I am not perfect but I don't go with half-assed sentences that make no sense and shit.

.- I dress up. yes, they are like "devil wears prada" Amanda priestley if by chance you look like a beggar.

Shit. My life makes sense now.

sphinx

the piano man
does anyone else think of that specific walking dead episode I'm thinking about?
I bet you smeared yourself with their blood to smell like them too

it does help to pay attention and know what is socially expected and accepted here.

In America, in Mexico, in Spain, people are more inclusive, not in Germany.

That's my experience though, sorry if if rubs some gaffers the wrong way.

it does help to pay attention and know what is socially expected and accepted here.

In America, in Mexico, in Spain, people are more inclusive, not in Germany.

That's my experience though, sorry if if rubs some gaffers the wrong way.

hey I'm just joking dude :) I know what you mean I just wish people would be more open minded in germany, but good for you if you can manage to do all those things

sphinx

the piano man
hey I'm just joking dude :) I know what you mean I just wish people would be more open minded in germany, but good for you if you can manage to do all those things

:D you know, I think have an awful radar for jokes here, I think you noticed in Beard thread, but you are a cool girl, I do know that ;)

lol, Hunt the German XD well I did hunt ONE german, but got away when I wasn't looking!! hahaha.

:D you know, I think have an awful radar for jokes here, I think you noticed in Beard thread, but you are a cool girl, I do know that ;)

lol, Hunt the German XD well I did hunt ONE german, but got away when I wasn't looking!! hahaha.

hehe yeah, I remember. huh? do we know each other from some different thread or something?

vitacola

Went to wash my clothes and buy some supplies for my life in the Saxon wasteland and had some time until the bus. So I sat down at the Backwarenfachgeschäft, drank some coffee and ate some cake. It was a good day until that damn "Kükenlied" came on the radio. It hurt.

EDIT:
from this one! :D

EDIT: I mean, that's how I know you are a cool girl.
You're hunting German ass again!

Went to wash my clothes and buy some supplies for my life in the Saxon wasteland and had some time until the bus. So I sat down at the Backwarenfachgeschäft, drank some coffee and ate some cake. It was a good day until that damn "Kükenlied" came on the radio. It hurt.

EDIT:

You're hunting German ass again!

oh wow. you're a true wordsmith, vitacola.

does the whole page look fucked up for everbody or just for me? :X

does the whole page look fucked up for everbody or just for me? :X

I believe Gromph is rolling out one of the new GAF features (post highlighting), and the CSS files on the server are temporarily shitting themselves. Things should be back to normal relatively soon. All of your own posts should be highlighted in a light blue colour when things get working properly, and IIRC there will be a new column on subscriptions page (or something to that effect) which shows you all the threads that people have quoted your posts in recently.

sphinx

the piano man
one thing I have noticed that is a no-go is at the airports, the dressing code...

Americans like to run on flipflops or sneakers across all halls in their airports. That would NEVER happen in a posh, german Airport. Guys always wear a fancy jacket and proper shoes,

sneakers and flipflops in an airport? you can bet any amount, that is NOT a german. lol

Milchjon

Are sandals and socks really specifically German thing?

I watched a bit of Beauty & the Nerd, and it reminded me that this phenomenon exists.

vitacola

I've seen men from other nations than Germany with socks and sandals, but I think we're are the world champions.

Fuck that, where to complain about the ads on GAF?

CTLance

Are sandals and socks really specifically German thing?
I think it's because we have a certain kind of tourists that can reeeeeally get under everyone's skin, so they heavily influence our image abroad. These guys&gals gravitate towards a certain age bracket and social standing, so at least you can spot them from a mile away.
dtL20cU.jpg
(src)

sphinx

the piano man
ThoseDeafMutes, do you speak german?

if not, we should teach you some german expressions you might need when you come and visit Germany, here is one:

if you go to MacDonalds

.- Ich möchte ein BigMac Menü zum Hier essen, mit Cola, Ketchup und eine Apfeltasche, Danke.

there, repeat the same everytime you get there and you'll get to eat a Big Mac Menu

EDIT: Lol. that post above mine, I immediately remembered that Hape Kerkeling film "Las Pirañas",

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom