• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF spricht Deutsch, zumindest hier drinnen...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ThoseDeafMutes, do you speak german?

if not, we should teach you some german expressions you might need when you come and visit Germany, here is one:

if you go to MacDonalds

.- Ich möchte ein BigMac Menü zum Hier essen, mit Cola, Ketchup und eine Apfeltasche, Danke.

there, repeat the same everytime you get there and you'll get to eat a Big Mac Menu

EDIT: Lol. that post above mine, I immediately remembered that Hape Kerkeling film "Las Pirañas",

no, I'll teach him.
if you go to mc donalds, turn around immediately and leave that trash bin.

sphinx

the piano man
no, I'll teach him.
if you go to mc donalds, turn around immediately and leave that trash bin.

he has to survive! lead him to better food! I'll try again

"Bitte ein Döner Kebap" and if questioned about anything, just answer "JA, JA, Bitte" (you'll be asked whether you want onions or lettuce or extra stuff in there, say yes)

The extent of my knowledge is what I picked up from WWII games.

Actung!
Jagdgeschwader
Fallschirmjaeger
Panzerkampfwagen
Sturmgewehr

and Bremsstrahlung, I guess, because it's also used in English.

oh boy, you gotta learn words you'll actually use.

"Bist du Single?", "ge'ma was trinken?" " du kommst ja sehr sympatisch rüber!" if you want to get a girl (or anything, actually).

vitacola

he has to survive! lead him to better food! I'll try again

"Bitte ein Döner Kebap" and if questioned about anything, just answer "JA, JA, Bitte" (you'll be asked whether you want onions or lettuce or extra stuff in there, say yes)
+ "scharfe Soße, bitte!"

TCRS

Banned
1452650461-dirndl_475_475px-3909.jpg

"Guten Morgen, möchten Sie die Kühe melken?"

sphinx

the piano man

"Guten Morgen, möchten Sie die Kühe melken?"[/QUOTE]

now that's a Drindl.

In Austria is called "Trachten" I think.. I remember hearing that word a lot there.

[quote="trab pu kcip, post: 47811436"]
alles eskaliert[/QUOTE]

threads gets renamed "hot german girl thread" lol

Oh it's those silly looking dresses that the girls wear in that beer festival.

(I don't drink, I'm so sorry!)

And what's this talk of hot sauce and of tomatos being bad?! Heresy!

I'm sorry Milchjon, but as somebody with an Italian-sounding last name, I must defend the honor of Tomatoes. The only bad thing about them is when you put them on a toasted sandwich, they somehow become hotter than the surface of the sun.

Milchjon

I'm sorry Milchjon, but as somebody with an Italian-sounding last name, I must defend the honor of Tomatoes. The only bad thing about them is when you put them on a toasted sandwich, they somehow become hotter than the surface of the sun.

Oh, I can understand people being weird like that when it comes to tomatoes. Many people seem to be that misguided.

But calling dirndls silly goes too far.

Also, you want to visit Germany, but you don't drink? Don't eschew our culture like that.

CTLance

Döner is awesome.

"Mit allem, schön scharf". Anything less than that is for babies. No tomato? You guys are disgusting!

Gotta drink some Ayran for the full experience. Ideally, none of the prepackaged stuff. It's only yogurt, salt and water, anyway.

Bonus challenge:
Trying out the random turkish softdrinks most Döner shops offer. Can needs to have dings or rust or it doesn't count.

Hardcore mode:
Getting a full helping of Baklava afterwards. 90% sugar, 9% nuts, 1% industrial waste. 100% artery-clogging goodness.

Dammit. It's 2 a.m. in the morning and I yearn for a Döner. Just great. :-/

sphinx

the piano man
Döner is awesome.

"Mit allem, schön schar"

gotta take the night bus to the hauptbahnhof and pay that Nachtzuschlag for that..

I would but am too tired ;P, tomorrow.

IHaveIce

Banned
Döner is awesome.

"Mit allem, schön scharf". Anything less than that is for babies. No tomato? You guys are disgusting!

Gotta drink some Ayran for the full experience. Ideally, none of the prepackaged stuff. It's only yogurt, salt and water, anyway.

Bonus challenge:
Trying out the random turkish softdrinks most Döner shops offer. Can needs to have dings or rust or it doesn't count.

Hardcore mode:
Getting a full helping of Baklava afterwards. 90% sugar, 9% nuts, 1% industrial waste. 100% artery-clogging goodness.

Yeah and now I'm hungry at this time because of you :'(

Milchon you are also from Hamburg? Sweet.

Milchjon

Just moved here a few months ago.

BTW, I'd still be up for a meet up. Berlin for instance is definitely easier to make now than it was when I was living down south.

Pennywise

gotta take the night bus to the hauptbahnhof and pay that Nachtzuschlag for that..

I would but am too tired ;P, tomorrow.

The places here are already shut.
Would kill for some Köfte right now :/

@ThoseDeafMutes
Just don't visit the Oktoberfest or something similar.
The only reason to be there is to get drunk :x there is nothing else those kinda festivals offer.

CTLance

Suddenly I'm very happy that I live in Munich. We dun' have none of dat horrible Ketchup-on-Pizza thing you mention. Ewwww.

Not a fan, but olive oil (or chili oil) can add a bit of oomph to a boring Pizza. Boring Pizza != good Pizza, so I'm guessing it's the same for Ketchup as a topping. I mean... Pizza Hut... :-/

...anyway.

Currywurst time! Mit Pommes, obviously.

Version one: Special Curry sauce.
Version two: Ketchup + Curry powder.

I'm a sucker for the latter, but the "northern" way is quite yummy too.

...so hungry.

Pennywise

Ahahaha, no. We commit a lot of culinary crimes (Toast Hawaii says hello), but thankfully we haven't fallen THAT low.

I saw people putting mayonese on they're pizzas...

Or while I was watching a football match in Rostock(Dortmund played against them), I ordered a good old Bratwurst.
And guess what the hell I got ? A grilled Bockwurst....
Brrr

@CTLance
You forgot the Ruhrpott version.
Selfmade Curry sauce !

Suddenly I'm very happy that I live in Munich. We dun' have none of dat horrible Ketchup-on-Pizza thing you mention. Ewwww.

Not a fan, but olive oil (or chili oil) can add a bit of oomph to a boring Pizza. Boring Pizza != good Pizza, so I'm guessing it's the same for Ketchup as a topping. I mean... Pizza Hut... :-/

...anyway.

Currywurst time! Mit Pommes, obviously.

Version one: Special Curry sauce.
Version two: Ketchup + Curry powder.

I'm a sucker for the latter, but the "northern" way is quite yummy too.

...so hungry.

It's not really as a topping, just something extra. Can't stand "dry" pizza. Need my sauce.

Also, is Mexican food rare in Germany?
l.jpg

Milchjon

It's not really as a topping, just something extra. Can't stand "dry" pizza. Need my sauce.

Also, is Mexican food rare in Germany?
l.jpg

Don't rub salt in that particular wound.

We have a few Mexican restaurants, but pretty much zero affordable street food. No pseudo Mexican Taco Bell style stuff either.

Suuuuuuuucks.

Don't rub salt in that particular wound.

We have a few Mexican restaurants, but pretty much zero affordable street food. No pseudo Mexican Taco Bell style stuff either.

Suuuuuuuucks.
As a Mexican, I find the Taco Bell stuff disgusting. But without affordable street food, not sure if I could ever live in Germany then :p

Although, tortillas and a decent sauce are pretty much all you need to make tacos.

tortillas_1.jpg

salsademolcajeteycafedex.jpg

fuck, im hungry

CTLance

You can find quite a bunch of good Mexican restaurants in Germany.
But you won't see a lot of Mexican fast food or deliveries.
Yep, that's the way I see it too.

Furthermore, usually the "Mexican" options for home delivery are restricted to potato snips with chilli con carne, topped with cheese, baked in the oven. Eh. Tasty enough, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom