• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF spricht Deutsch, zumindest hier drinnen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fritz

That reminds me, did anyone here listen to the new Heino album? I dont know what to think. On the one hand the songs are good but that's because they are just straight covers. It's also fun that he is doing it but people are so in shock and awe "HEINO DID A POP ALBUM!!!!". CRAZY. I mean big deal, it's not like hell is going to freeze over. In the end the hype is really unwarranted.

Best to keep it that way.

The only other truly great German band is Alphaville.

Haha, a buddy of mine played the drums on their Eastern Europe comeback tour. He said it was ridiculous.

Milchjon

That reminds me, did anyone here listen to the new Heino album? I dont know what to think. On the one hand the songs are good but that's because they are just straight covers. It's also fun that he is doing it but people are so in shock and awe "HEINO DID A POP ALBUM!!!!". CRAZY. I mean big deal, it's not like hell is going to freeze over. In the end the hype is really unwarranted.

Was a great marketing effort. Get a Bild story about how those bands try to ban you from releasing their songs, without actually quoting any of their members, and cash in before people realize that there's no actual outrage.

The songs themselves were kind of fun, in part because they reveal how close many of them are to Schlager.

Fritz

I wasn't alive in the 60s :p
tumblr_inline_mgh7v7VezR1rqf3dz.gif

You forgot Tangerine Dream and Can.

And Kraftwerk and Popol Vuh and Blumfeld and Münchener Freiheit.

I sneaked one in there

RedSwirl

Just watched Die Hard 1 again. Just puttin' that out there. I think it's kind of strange they had a British actor try to do a German accent. In my opinion Jeremy Irons did a better job of that but whatever.

Pretty much. There was a drunk guy who constantly yelled "You guys suck!". The band stopped mid song, looked at him, the singer said "ssh!" and then they started to scream him down. :D

TCRS

Banned
This thread has now become GermanGAF |OT|. I like it. I hope we don't get pushed over to community like BritGAF lol.

Gustav

Banned
What food? What people?

Since they tore down Hitler's bunker there's not even any architecture left I'd like to see.

Stop being so offensively ignorant. You have access to food from all over the world (when you're in Mitte, Kreuzberg, Friedrichshain even in walking distance), more access to culture than in any other city in Germany and a very diverse mix (for German standards) of people from all over the world.

This thread has now become GermanGAF |OT|. I like it. I hope we don't get pushed over to community like BritGAF lol.

Being moved to community OT is like a death sentence, so I'll try to prevent that if I can.

What I don't understand is why AusGAF is a stickied topic in the Gaming Community, but other nationalities get stuck in OT Community.

Stop being so offensively ignorant. You have access to food from all over the world (when you're in Mitte, Kreuzberg, Friedrichshain even in walking distance), more access to culture than in any other city in Germany and a very diverse mix (for German standards) of people from all over the world.

Is it comparable to London?
I love London. Probably my favorite European city right after Barcelona.

Fritz

Is it comparable to London?
I love London. Probably my favorite European city right after Barcelona.

I believe it's less sophisticated and more hands on.

Being moved to community OT is like a death sentence, so I'll try to prevent that if I can.

What I don't understand is why AusGAF is a stickied topic in the Gaming Community, but other nationalities get stuck in OT Community.

Are there any rules to follow to not get burried in Community?

TCRS

Banned

BritGAF is well and alive but that's only because there are so many Brits here and Brit culture is well known (people generally don't have too many questions). For any other country thread it would truly be a death sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom