• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF spricht Deutsch, zumindest hier drinnen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCRS

Banned
meine letzte Klausur für dieses Semester ist ende April lol. Die Profs an meiner Uni tun echt was die wollen ey.

DAS DEUTSCH MASCHINENBAU

tiger_panzer_tank_stry8fcc.jpg

No joke, I had a holiday job once assembling parts for transmissions, and I actually think some of them were for tanks.

Feels weird thinking about it.

Especially when I think about how shoddy my work was :-D

Lol.

A few years back I was standing outside an exam room after I finished early, and there were people from medicine also standing around, talking about the exam they just sat. They were laughing and joking about how they had no idea about where these certain vital organs were, but how they were pretty they were going to pass regardless.

DOES NOT INSPIRE CONFIDENCE.

Lol.

A few years back I was standing outside an exam room after I finished early, and there were people from medicine also standing around, talking about the exam they just sat. They were laughing and joking about how they had no idea about where these certain vital organs were, but how they were pretty they were going to pass regardless.

DOES NOT INSPIRE CONFIDENCE.

must have been bateman :O

what do(did) you study?

I graduated in December with a Bachelor of Science (Computing Major, Psychology Minor). Doing my honors degree this year (I don't think countries outside of Australia have an exact equivalent since we do it slightly differently here).

How about the rest of you?

Alles was nicht in die Geisteswissenschaften* fällt ist auf jeden Fall in Ordnung.

*Mathematik ausgenommen.

I have no idea how well this translated:

Was ist der Unterschied zwischen einem Diplom-Mathematiker und einer großen Pizza?

Die Pizza ernähren kann eine vierköpfige Familie.

Alles was nicht in die Geisteswissenschaften* fällt ist auf jeden Fall in Ordnung.

*Mathematik ausgenommen.

PAH du crétin!

I graduated in December with a Bachelor of Science (Computing Major, Psychology Minor). Doing my honors degree this year (I don't think countries outside of Australia have an exact equivalent since we do it slightly differently here).

How about the rest of you?

cool cool cool *abed.gif*
well actually it's philosophy & filmstudies ;)

Computer Science student here

Am I studying the right thing?

Well I'm not really sure what the job market is like in Germany, but its a fine set of skills to have. The jobs usually pay quite well.

Writing and philosophy were my two areas of interest (and the two subjects I scored best in) during highschool, but I went with computing for university because it had better job prospects. I would love to go back to university part-time to do a humanities degree where I can study philosophy, English and history, though.

As far as I can tell it's not as easy to find a job as some people think. Lots of competition and very specific job requirements. Those among my friends that don't get their PhD all went to work at consulting companies.

Really? Seems the opposite here in the Americas. People with PhD's are often "overqualified" for most jobs and don't get hired. Also, people who get PhD's here most likely want to remain in academia.

I actually kinda liked philosophy in high school. Seems pretty neat to study something like that.

After all, Germany has had some of the greatest philosophers ever.
Or at least that's my perception

Really? Seems the opposite here in the Americas. People with PhD's are often "overqualified" for most jobs and don't get hired. Also, people who get PhD's here most likely want to remain in academia.

I actually kinda liked philosophy in high school. Seems pretty neat to study something like that.

After all, Germany has had some of the greatest philosophers ever.
Or at least that's my perception

yeeeeeessss SCHOPENHAUER FOR THE FUCKING WIN

TCRS

Banned
Not that in to philosophy. Hated it in school. The closest I got to philosophy was while reading the Prince of Nothing books by Scott Bakker. A fantasy story highly infused with philosophy. Was very interesting and even from a purely fantasy perspective I highly recommend it. For you philosophy peeps it might be even more fun.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_of_Nothing

Nowadays they are all "pretty boys", ugh.

Nietzsche actually looks like a very handsome dude in that photo, good facial features, normal weight range, a haircut that looks like somebody could plausibly wear it today, and a giant ass mustache. That would be interpreted as being a hipster these days, but I reckon he would have been a smash with the ladies in his time.

Fritz

Nietzsche actually looks like a very handsome dude in that photo, good facial features, normal weight range, a haircut that looks like somebody could plausibly wear it today, and a giant ass mustache. That would be interpreted as being a hipster these days, but I reckon he would have been a smash with the ladies in his time.

He does look a bit like Paul Newman there when I think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom