• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF spricht Deutsch, zumindest hier drinnen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fritz

Bye Germany, I'm leaving forever! Thanks for the pint, Fritz!

See you losers later, I'm off to sunny Ukraine.

I just watched the Hobbit in German. That's all I have to say about that.

My pleasure! So you went for Bilbo "Beutelin". I'd imagine that must have been dull :(

Anyway, hope you have a great time in Ukraine!

what about Deutschland, what's their situation regarding fast food

About the same, there's mcdonalds, burger king, etc. Depends on the size of the city, there's still a lot of restaurants in smaller cities instead. The pastry shops and such though usually also make little sandwiches that people eat on the go and there's the kebab places.

2410039222_dc629907f0jrp7m.jpg

Bratwurst, you goddamn heathens! OnkelC would be rolling in his grave, if he could read this..

this looks like a bolillo + a salchicha
+
SALCHICHA+PURA.jpg

Terribly disappointed with german fast food

A SALAD AS "FAST FOOD", ARE YOU KIDDING ME GERMANY?!?!!? WHERE'S MY GREASE

I wish we had taco trucks, more Korean places and (mobile) soup kitchens instead of Imbiss/Döner/"Chinese" crap.

Like so:
mGH2NIl.jpg

...you constipated bastards

So sorry Germany, but when it comes to fast food, you can't beat us.

Here's the torta ahogada (drowned torta)

Tacos al vapor (steamed tacos)

And yes, this is all Mexican fast food.

is there anything in mexico that's vegan? no meat, no animal products at all?
I always wanted to go but I heard it's pretty meat focused :S

TCRS

Banned
A SALAD AS "FAST FOOD", ARE YOU KIDDING ME GERMANY?!?!!? WHERE'S MY GREASE

oh there is plenty. Besides that was a bad Döner anyway. Too many tomatoes and too much lettuce. A Döner should have loads of onion and cabbage though. That combined with the greasy meat and the garlic sauce... hmm.

is there anything in mexico that's vegan? no meat, no animal products at all?
I always wanted to go but I heard it's pretty meat focused :S

We're hardcore carnivores here, so there's not many dishes without meat. There's quesadillas I guess (tortilla + cheese), but really, the best dishes will have meat, like pozole:
POZOLE3.jpg

It has chopped onion, radish, lettuce, corn, pork or chicken (or both) + hot salsa :D. Oh, and we eat it with tostadas

Also, why are you Germans so cautious of eating meat? I can't imagine being a vegan. EVER. Meat is awesome

I don't think anyone in Germany is really cautious of eating meat. Sure, there were some quality control issues few years back and everyone went bonkers, because they didn't notice it before (just like with the horse meat now), so they stop buying it for a while. But you can't take that seriously. No really, they even wanted to boycott pizza, because Italy kicked them out of the world cup in 2006.

I'm pretty sure Germany is behind other developed countries when it comes to meat consumption, while Mexico is probably behind due to being a Schwellenland (recently industrialized country).

/ http://www.economist.com/blogs/graphicdetail/2012/04/daily-chart-17

http://i.imgur.com/GlpfqkA.png[/IG][/QUOTE]
Surprising indeed, I thought we'd still be higher. This was from 2007 though, so we'd probably make the list by now. I think we also eat a lot more corn (tortillas) than meat though.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Beware Austria's greatest and most horrifying invention:

Die Berner Wurst

berner_wuerstel.jpg

A Bratwurst, filled with cheese and wrapped with bacon

The man who thought of something like this is a genius. A cruel genius.

Beware Austria's greatest and most horrifying invention:

Die Berner Wurst

http://www.moserwurst.at/produktinfo/images/produktfotos/druck.old/berner_wuerstel.jpg[IMG]

A Bratwurst, filled with cheese and wrapped with bacon

The man who thought of something like this is a genius. A cruel genius.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry but the French already beat this with [i]Filet Mignon[/i] wrapped in bacon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom