• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF spricht Deutsch, zumindest hier drinnen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTLance

If it isn't already, I'd recommend turning on the autosubscribe feature in the options subpage on your User CP.
0N2w5io.png

So convenient.

Grrrrr. It's five in the morning on a Monday and some dick just woke me up. Awright, the week starts off awesome!
IsGzia8.jpg

I'm not a fan of autosubscribe but the option is there. I would prefer if there was just a separate "threads I posted in" page to differentiate from favorites.

some of my classes at university used to start at 7 am... i still wake up some days at 5 am, thinking that I have to wake up for school.. ficken das scheisse

demented

Ich lerne gerade Deutsch!
Lessons finally started today, mostly stuff I already know but hopefully by the end of this year I'll be able to communicate nicely with people.

snap0212

I've also noticed germans pronounce "guten" as "gun", for example in "guten tag" or "guten morgen"
Depends on where you are. Where I'm from, the "t" will always be pronounced as a "d", for example. We wouldn't skip the letter entirely, we'd just change it.

t -> d
k -> g
p -> b

snap0212

Is this supposed to make him guess from which East-German farm you're from?
I just said I was from Bavaria! ;)

Though I don't really speak like that (only when talking to locals and old people) since my mum made sure I knew how to pronounce things they way they're meant to be pronounced.

CTLance

Münchner, reporting in!
THE FUCK IS THIS? that's it. I give up on german.
The fun thing about Germany is, you can travel for 50 km in any direction and encounter an entirely new German dialect.

Put an Allgäuer, a Berliner and a Ruhrpottler in one room and watch them struggle to communicate.

I mean, we can't even agree on a name for buns. Semmeln? Brötchen? Wecken? Schrippen? Rundstücke?

Hummel Hummel.

Maus Maus. Äh, ich meine Mors Mors. Sorry, Allgäuer und so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom