• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF spricht Deutsch, zumindest hier drinnen...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I don't give a shit. I just want it to be warm. Not hot, but warm. I'm so sick of this weather and I refuse to accept that this temperature is normal for March, while we had a nice 14°C Christmas.

When I was listening to Roman history podcasts, I kept thinking about how badass a name for a holiday Sol Invictus was. Something about the way the word rolls of the tongue. Simply glorious.

bidguy

Banned
What do you guys - German or non-German - think about the latest remarks by Steinbrück(opposition's chancelor candidate)?

Source

I would have given him major credit if he had critizised in the words of a grown up man. But this is just rude.

Solange man die Taschen voller Geld hat kann man sich wohl alles erlauben.
Nicht das ich seine Meinung nicht teile. Berlusconi ist wirklich ein Lackaffe.

Really poor choice of words on Steinbrück's part, but sadly he's not really wrong so it's not as bad as Berlusconi alluding to our politicians as nazis in the EU parliament.

But tbh. I can't even imagine going back to having a male chancellor at this point, lol
Matriarchs ftw.

Hmm, can mods see what site we browsed before logging on to gaf?
(or do modern browsers prevent that nowadays?)

No one really knows.

Ist aber auch nicht ganz korrekt.
Es gibt die meteorologischen Jahreszeiten (die eigentlich korrekten) und die kalendarischen Jahreszeiten (die eigentlich falschen, die man aber benutzt, weil's einfacher ist sie sich zu merken).

Die meteorologischen Jahreszeiten beginnen am 21. März, 21. Juni, 23. September und 21. Dezember.
Die kalendarischen am jeweils 1. der genannten Monate.

Leute, die keine Ahnung haben, benutzen die kalendarischen und verwirren somit alle besseren Menschen :(

wrowa

What do you guys - German or non-German - think about the latest remarks by Steinbrück(opposition's chancelor candidate)?

Source

I would have given him major credit if he had critizised in the words of a grown up man. But this is just rude.

I can't be mad about someone saying the truth.
Especially in Berlusconi's case. Every attempt of serious debating about him is a waste of time.

Regarding Steinbrueck in general... He has the unique ability of being completely incapable of judging the effects of his words, but most of the time he isn't really wrong despite of the public outcry.

raindoc

Ist aber auch nicht ganz korrekt.
Es gibt die meteorologischen Jahreszeiten (die eigentlich korrekten) und die kalendarischen Jahreszeiten (die eigentlich falschen, die man aber benutzt, weil's einfacher ist sie sich zu merken).

Die meteorologischen Jahreszeiten beginnen am 21. März, 21. Juni, 23. September und 21. Dezember.
Die kalendarischen am jeweils 1. der genannten Monate.

Leute, die keine Ahnung haben, benutzen die kalendarischen und verwirren somit alle besseren Menschen :(

laut wiki: meteorolgisch = dein kalendarisch.
demgegenüber stehen die von mir genannten astronomischen jahreszeiten.

ich muss ehrlich zugeben das ich bis heute keine ahnung hatte, dass es sogar von den jahreszeiten verschiedene definitionen auf dem globus gibt.

demented

Posting from german class, need to get used to pronouncing besondere buchstaben qq annoying. Didn't get t last year when I was in Köln but now practice practice

Posting from german class, need to get used to pronouncing besondere buchstaben qq annoying. Didn't get t last year when I was in Köln but now practice practice

Better pay a lot of attention - it doesn't get any easier. However I am not sure what you mean by "besondere Buchstaben" - like "ß" or "ö"?

demented

^ yes, ö û ä to be precise, ß is easier.
Start like you're gonna say o then say e', it doesn't end up sounding right :D
etc etc

I find pronouncing words in german fairly easy compared to something like French, where it seems that you have to make sounds that only native speakers can do.

Really poor choice of words on Steinbrück's part, but sadly he's not really wrong so it's not as bad as Berlusconi alluding to our politicians as nazis in the EU parliament.

But tbh. I can't even imagine going back to having a male chancellor at this point, lol
Matriarchs ftw.

hmm maybe! I heard they can also see what kind of underwear you're wearing while browsing GAF :/

No and I'm unclear on how you got the impression that anybody could do that at any stage :p

Yes.
Also "ThoseDeafMutes", are you deaf-mute by any chance or how else did you chose your nick?

All of my senses are operational, no glasses or anything. The name is a reference to either Ghost In The Shell or Catcher In The Rye, depending on which one you think would be cooler.

hmm maybe! I heard they can also see what kind of underwear you're wearing while browsing GAF :/

Correct.

Pff, Coke, VitaCola ftw!

FritzCola6erOhneZuckerBild2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom