• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFchat SF4 Team Tournament. (PSN)

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
So now I'm back - shame about the DQ but if anyone still wants a friendly, my name is up there :)

Good luck to all still participating!

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Ermac said:
Whoops, first time posting in this thread, a bit confused on who I need to fight first? Any help? I should be on and in the chat tonight
You are blue, so you play against the other blue players. You would have fought TimeKillr for round 1, but both akachan and I won our matches so we won the round and you no longer have to play him.

Now we've moved onto the 2nd round in the winner's side of the bracket. I played against mox. Now you have to play galacticae and akachan has to play eraldocoil. Since I won against mox, if either of you win, then our team wins and we move on to the finals of the winner bracket.

I won my match against Bob White this afternoon. It was a closely fought match. My crummy Ryu vs. his C. Viper (definitely have some good mixups).

MrOctober

Banned
Ploid 3.0 said:
My fight with MrOctober PSN: CrossingTheFrame

Fight 1

Fight 2

Part 3 uploading

I have seriously no idea how to punish Blanka. I never face anyone who plays as him so I have no idea how to fight him. I fight 90 percent shotos online so I have strategies against them but everyone else kills me every time. I play with you guys in GAFchat but you are all so much better than me that I spend most of the time just watching myself get killed and i don't really learn much. I also so desperately need a stick its ridiculous. I can't make anything work with the sixaxis. I've never played a fighting game on a home console before, I've always been an arcade rat. The shoulder buttons are totally useless to me so I play with only 4 buttons. That's a huge part of why I get killed all the time but I also can't make anything work when I want it to so instead of doing something I know will win me the fight I don't use it because I'm afraid I'll end up doing the motion and it wont work and then I'll get beat and be really aggravated about it. So instead of learning how to properly fight I do stupid shit because I know I can actually make the move come out and at least I'll have done something instead of standing there doing a jump kick when I tried my ultra.

Ploid 3.0

Hey you should get the saturn pad. I just got it and it's so good. It's $20 or so on ebay, it's shipped from Hong Kong so it will take a while to get to you.

MrOctober said:
I have seriously no idea how to punish Blanka. I never face anyone who plays as him so I have no idea how to fight him. I fight 90 percent shotos online so I have strategies against them but everyone else kills me every time. I play with you guys in GAFchat but you are all so much better than me that I spend most of the time just watching myself get killed and i don't really learn much. I also so desperately need a stick its ridiculous. I can't make anything work with the sixaxis. I've never played a fighting game on a home console before, I've always been an arcade rat. The shoulder buttons are totally useless to me so I play with only 4 buttons. That's a huge part of why I get killed all the time but I also can't make anything work when I want it to so instead of doing something I know will win me the fight I don't use it because I'm afraid I'll end up doing the motion and it wont work and then I'll get beat and be really aggravated about it. So instead of learning how to properly fight I do stupid shit because I know I can actually make the move come out and at least I'll have done something instead of standing there doing a jump kick when I tried my ultra.

Any time you block a blanka ball, you can do a scissors or psycho crusher, both which you can do w/ mp/mk (so you don't have to use the shoulders.)

Saturn pad on ebay was a good suggestion. If you really feel like you need a stick though then by all means get one. Once you get past your control barrier then you can start to really learn.

MrOctober

Banned
FindMyFarms said:
Any time you block a blanka ball, you can do a scissors or psycho crusher, both which you can do w/ mp/mk (so you don't have to use the shoulders.)

Saturn pad on ebay was a good suggestion. If you really feel like you need a stick though then by all means get one. Once you get past your control barrier then you can start to really learn.

Tried scissor kicks and he was blocking them. Figured I can't get the timing right so I was leaving myself open for when he blocked my scissor kick. And I don't even have medium or light punches or kicks even mapped to any of them buttons. I know that's stupid but I can't find a comfortable way to map them on my sixaxis so I have heavy punch heavy kick and all three punch buttons mapped to one button and all three kicks mapped to one button. That's the only way I can do ultras. So medium or light anything is not an option until I get a stick.

MrOctober said:
Tried scissor kicks and he was blocking them. Figured I can't get the timing right so I was leaving myself open for when he blocked my scissor kick. And I don't even have medium or light punches or kicks even mapped to any of them buttons. I know that's stupid but I can't find a comfortable way to map them on my sixaxis so I have heavy punch heavy kick and all three punch buttons mapped to one button and all three kicks mapped to one button. That's the only way I can do ultras. So medium or light anything is not an option until I get a stick.

WOW. That's pretty hardcore haha. Then yeah, I say just wait until you get a stick and don't take anything too seriously, you sound like you're coming down on yourself a little too hard.

MrOctober

Banned
FindMyFarms said:
WOW. That's pretty hardcore haha. Then yeah, I say just wait until you get a stick and don't take anything too seriously, you sound like you're coming down on yourself a little too hard.

Yeah Square is heavy punch, Triangle is all three punches, X is heavy kick, and Circle is all three kicks. R1 is Focus and all the other shoulder buttons are throw. That's the only way I can even scrap a victory out.

kiryogi

Banned
Hi guys, sorry about the delay here. Finally finished modding my sticks. Hopefully I'll get a chance to play mcblack this week. Oh man tho, if we win, we get a chance to make up face for our first loss :lol D:

Ploid 3.0

Teknopathetic said:
Teknopathetic vs. CO_Andy

3-0
3-2

Teknopathetic wins. GG! Seth is an interesting cookie.

Nooooooooo

Now Velvet has to show up. I hope he's not MIA because I haven't heard from him in a long time. I saw him on gafchat recently though.

One game away from being knocked out of the tournament. Time to psych Velvet up, wherever he is. You guys are going down! What is a dfyb!

CO_Andy

You aught to just take Velvet's place Ploid and do double-time for our team :D

Or you could switch to another team with somebody who hasn't played.

Ploid 3.0

Velvet popped on PSN twice, probably scouting dfyb. I think he's trying. dfyb was gone after a while today to bowl.

MoxManiac

Kinda rooting for velvet for my own selfish reasons :p

Dfyb is fuerte and I still haven't figured out that match up yet, and i'm sure dfyb is good with him. But guile i have a ton of experience against. Go team ploid! :p

Ploid 3.0

Let's not slow down people. Let's get this done, it shouldn't be that hard. PM your partners, and set dates. Is the tournament bracket up to date? Let me know if I missed something.

Kiryogi vs captmcblack, Sanjay vs FindMyFarms, Lyte Edge vs Bdizzle, dfyb vs velvet_nitemare.

Ploid 3.0 said:
Let's not slow down people. Let's get this done, it shouldn't be that hard. PM your partners, and set dates. Is the tournament bracket up to date? Let me know if I missed something.

Kiryogi vs captmcblack, Sanjay vs FindMyFarms, Lyte Edge vs Bdizzle, dfyb vs velvet_nitemare.

I apologize for taking so long with my match. My time w/ a ps3 is limited as I don't own one. The few hours I was on yesterday was actually a period where I had hoped to play Sanjay. Sorry for the hold up on my part.

I just pmed bdizzle and asked him to see if he could get his match w/ lyte edge going, since if he wins that match then I won't have to play mine.

Only part of the bracket not updated is Teknopathetic over co_andy

Thanks for keeping on top of things ploid!

Ploid 3.0

FindMyFarms said:
I apologize for taking so long with my match. My time w/ a ps3 is limited as I don't own one. The few hours I was on yesterday was actually a period where I had hoped to play Sanjay. Sorry for the hold up on my part.

I just pmed bdizzle and asked him to see if he could get his match w/ lyte edge going, since if he wins that match then I won't have to play mine.

Only part of the bracket not updated is Teknopathetic over co_andy

Thanks for keeping on top of things ploid!

Just fixed that Teknopathetic thing. What happened with your ps3? Hope it's not yellow light.

Ploid 3.0 said:
Just fixed that Teknopathetic thing. What happened with your ps3? Hope it's not yellow light.

Haha dude it's been yellow light for like a month already. I was on my friends ps3 (bananafriends) for a bit, but then his started having trouble working, so it's at his place for good. Entrithoph's was another friends ps3. Hopefully I'll be able to buy a ps3 within the next few weeks, but until then I'll have to be playing on other peeps systems lol.

Sanjay

Clearly FindMyFarms is ducking me... :lol

The irony in that will be seen when we fight and he ends up giving me a shoryuken to the face when my Blanka fails doing a ultra.

Sanjay said:
Clearly FindMyFarms is ducking me... :lol

The irony in that will be seen when we fight and he ends up giving me a shoryuken to the face when my Blanka fails doing a ultra.

I'm the best ducker in the world! I'll let Bdizzle do all the dirty work for me :p Bdizzle win plz so I can keep ducking Sanjay!

MoxManiac said:
You were Entrithoph?! I thought Entrithoph was just a guy...a guy named Entrithoph.

Teehee, just as I planned!

xpress_disguise.jpg

Ploid 3.0

They play team Galatic now.

Editing the bracket but here are your orders.

MoxManiac vs dfyb
GalacticAE vs MrOctober
EraldoCoil vs Teknopathetic

Have at you!
2628k8y.jpg

Updated
2i9lc9y.jpg

Ploid 3.0

It's Saturday, no new matches happened? Come on fellas. Team 3 and 1 don't forget you guys can move on to your 3rd round fight.

Ploid 3.0

Teknopathetic said:
Alright, MrOctober, now you've got to hold it down!

Get a stick, or train with the shoulder buttons. GalaticAE is a beast and you can't just stick to hard kick and hard punch. Oh man.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Kiryogi, crush some skull so I can redeem myself
;_; I have yet to win anything in this shit...

Top Bottom