• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFHL Versus League - NHL 13 GM Connected (x360)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
jvqslHk1BGa6H.png

Welcome to the official thread for the GM Connected Versus League on 360. You can discuss trades, set up play times etc all in here to prevent the other thread from getting cluttered up and confused. If anyone has any questions or needs some clarification just post in here or you can PM me on Gaf, or on XBL, my gamterag is "LegitMASTERGING". The schedule period will be two weeks, in which you have two weeks to complete all the games available. I can change the schedule period, and will do so depending on feedback and how well / fast this first schedule goes by.

League Name : "Neogaf Versus League"

jcuPgoJkIsHMF.jpg

Sim League - Marvie_3
Versus League - Red_Man

8/12 - Leagues are currently seeking players. If the league you want to join isn't available, be sure to sign up anyway and get on the waiting list. There will be a lot of player shuffling going on between now and the NHL 13 release date.
9/13 - Trading and free agency open. First games in the Versus League.

Also, if you're already signed up and want to switch leagues/teams, please let us know as soon as possible.

This thread is for the Xbox 360 league only. If you're interested in a league for Playstation 3, send me a PM.

jbimFaVE9U7aib.jpg

(These rules apply to both leagues. Additional league-specific rules can be found in the appropriate sections.)

RULES MAY BE CHANGED/ADDED AT ANY TIME. NOTICE OF RULE ADDITIONS/CHANGES WILL BE POSTED IN THE THREAD.

• All trades must be approved by a commissioner.
  • Any GM/GMs guilty of collusion or any other dishonest conduct will be immediately removed from the league and forbidden to rejoin at any point in the future.
  • Intentionally sabotaging/tanking a team is not allowed.
  • Glitches/exploits/other unsportsmanlike play are not allowed. This is an EA game so there are bound to be numerous exploits discovered as time goes on. Other unsportsmanlike conduct includes ragging the puck/etc. First violation will result in the GM being put on probation. Probationary period will last until the end of the following season. A second violation will result in the expulsion of the GM and a subsequent banning of the GM from any future league activity. Any violation that takes place in the playoffs will result in an immediate expulsion from the league. NHL 13 allows you to upload videos from gameplay. If you feel another player is cheating/using exploits, make sure to save as much video as possible. Commissioners cannot act on hearsay alone.
  • If you are expelled from the league, your name will be added to a list at the end of this post and you will be the subject of ridicule until the end of time.
  • Strict policy of no playing against the CPU. Any games that aren't played because of CPU players will be SIMed when the schedule is moved forward.
jbqpS2S7RQ1Th7.jpg

Sim League:

Versus League:
jbgktSf8d8dCbc.jpg

Who will be first??

jb19DuWsJeDXAt.jpg

Some EA shit will go here.

Red_Man

Commissioner - Red_Man

*League schedule TBA*

jbimFaVE9U7aib.jpg

In addition to the rules stated in the OP, the following rules also apply to the Versus League:
  • No Player vs CPU games are allowed. They must be PvP or CPU vs CPU.
  • No position lock
  • No guest players
  • You are NOT required to play every game. However, active participation is strongly encouraged.

jbrgNPhsZTtfLf.jpg

jbzufgkiBd4tln.jpg

ATLANTIC DIVISION
jxWMvMl4a2YUv.png
Bad7667
jfhb5IfpMBSPK.png

jbzsLNiXt4dSQ1.png

jb110013vK1QYI.png
Ravensmash
j9pBIlDAvqpA3.png
Antti

NORTHEAST DIVISION
jptQlJsw8ovXm.png
rinse82
jCjPasEbc27AR.png
Rubber Ducky
jqR50I05zQham.png
Red_Man
jPL1uT1ToY3Ar.png
peterb0y
jbkyPD8qRGoCfE.png
BigJonsson

SOUTHEAST DIVISION
jXsnG5c6XOmjU.png
Blinding
jl6KxlYY5VU1f.png

jO204mlh6hOGe.png

jEXzCxtSlNlMy.png

jJHmnc7fte4LG.png
Revenant

jscgwyOVawAHn.jpg

CENTRAL DIVISION
jrJPCKfIvnBOF.png
theRizzle
jzsiBepIpjlPV.png
Smiley90
jboslXDEWfl2RL.png
Cake Boss
j4s7zF8pKxxB5.png
Socreges
jfDaV3FBZPRHz.png

NORTHWEST DIVISION
jIM060beyFLma.png

jJDyhYS9kn5hn.png
Foreign Jackass
jcSnclsXEuUGj.png

jHLmQ5TNOdwO0.png

jhPcuvv8cWA7J.png
Beanman25

PACIFIC DIVISION
jbyQhEPjXpiOVd.png
MacAttack
jPtvsLCYWeA30.png

jbcUtVM3odg4Qn.png
Phthisis
jHaTEg33OUIV5.png

jCXwY8G9DNXhl.png

jyNcXiO9ip5EK.jpg

jbzufgkiBd4tln.jpg

Code:
[U]             W        L        OTL          PTS[/U]
 1. BOS
 2. BUF
 3. CAR
 4. FLA
 5. MON
 6. NJD
 7. NYI
 8. NYR
 9. OTT
10. PHI
11. PIT
12. TAM
13. TOR
14. WAS
15. WPG

jscgwyOVawAHn.jpg

Code:
[U]             W        L        OTL          PTS[/U]
 1. ANA
 2. CAL
 3. CHI
 4. CLB
 5. COL
 6. DAL
 7. DET
 8. EDM
 9. LAK
10. MIN
11. NSH
12. PHX
13. SAN
14. STL
15. VAN

jrchGql6BHwo.jpg

This is where the lulz will come from.

jPxs03ohCPqb0.jpg

Pretty much anyone but Toronto.

jVXYv087fkYCo.jpg

No Toronto here either.

jmDF28mTNUPLu.jpg

Nope. No Leafs.

jvpHoWn2JYbZ3.jpg

Socreges

Banned
GG Mac. Kinda fell apart at the end

So yeah I need to learn how to control my dmen. Gonna play around with the settings like Cake Boss suggested. Right now they're just scrambling around.

Also the step around moves are kinda stupid, no? I could still be poke checking the puck as it slides by me but because the forward has activated some kind of super move, it can't be touched.

MacAttack

Yeah it was close for the first two periods. Good game.

Mike Smith is a crazy mother fucker, in both games he's gone way out of the net to play loose pucks.

The deke moves can be broken up its just a matter of timing the poke check right when you know they are coming. If I can dig up some tips, I'll post them for you.

Edit: just realized I was still in a party from earlier, sorry if you were trying to use the mic.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Columbus with a demanding 4-0 win over Minnesota. Shutout for Crawford!

Socreges

Banned
Are we simming against the teams that don't have a GM yet, or playing what we can and waiting?

Mike Smith is a crazy mother fucker, in both games he's gone way out of the net to play loose pucks.
Wondered about that! Thought you were taking him out yourself. If I knew what I was doing I definitely would've scored on the first one, haha.

MacAttack

Are we simming against the teams that don't have a GM yet, or playing what we can and waiting?
We just play our games vs human opponents and at the end of the week? Red_Man will advance the schedule and all games that haven't been played will be simmed.

At least that's how I think it works. Edit: yep and beaten.

Revenant

Talk to me about

Lucic, Paajarvi, Colborne

will also listen to offers on Karlsson but not necessarily looking to deal him.

Red_Man

Still looking for a goalie. I have L. Schenn and Callahan on the block right now, a lot of my other players are middle of the pack 3rd liners / bottom 4 D men I can move if needed.

Socreges

Banned
So with free agency... does the "asking price" reflect what current offers the player has received? Or is there no way of knowing what kind of money has been offered?

Still looking for a goalie. I have L. Schenn and Callahan on the block right now, a lot of my other players are middle of the pack 3rd liners / bottom 4 D men I can move if needed.
Interested in Hiller?

Marvie_3

Banned
Figures that all of my first games are CPU teams. :lol

So with free agency... does the "asking price" reflect what current offers the player has received? Or is there no way of knowing what kind of money has been offered?
That's basically the minimum they'd accept. There's no way to know what they've been offered.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Are injuries on? If yes, the rage after one of us injures another guy's star player will be good.

Is it possible for the commish to cancel my game against Minny? I'm Colorado and I played the game against the CPU. If not, too bad.

And... my Giroux is not going anywhere. I've got Brodeur if you want him, commish.

gg's earlier to Foreign Jackass (COL)

he had 2 really nice goals, Dan Boyle walked in from the point, pivoted backwards, pivoted back completing the spin-o-rama and sniped me and Brad Richards had a nice goal off a give-n-go with a D-Man entering the zone

he pretty much dominated me as I haven't played online VS since the latest tuner where they seem to have nerfed the poke check significantly, by the time I figured this out I was down by goals and had to fight to try to climb back in

theRizzle

gg's earlier to Foreign Jackass (COL)

he had 2 really nice goals, Dan Boyle walked in from the point, pivoted backwards, pivoted back completing the spin-o-rama and sniped me and Brad Richards had a nice goal off a give-n-go with a D-Man entering the zone

he pretty much dominated me as I haven't played online VS since the latest tuner where they seem to have nerfed the poke check significantly, by the time I figured this out I was down by goals and had to fight to try to climb back in

You still on? I'm up to play our game if you are.

just hopped back on, i msgd socgreges to play but havent heard back yet, so we can get out game in I guess

edit: gg to theRizzle, I turned up the heat on the forecheck and escaped with a 2-1 victory in my home opener. Filipula got me on the board with a shortside cheese goal and then I found Brule open in the slot and he sniped top shelf over Varly to make it 2-0. Rizzle got on the board with Christianson late in the 2nd and came strong until the final horn

Red_Man

Anyone who needs to play Montreal, I'm up for games now. I just challenged Minny, but I don't think the guy is playing.

ggs Soc, I took it 3-1

Seguin opened the scoring with a flithy snipe on Jimmy Howard. I added another on the PP when Dupuis was left open in front of the net. Jimmy made a crazy save but I potted the rebound. Soon after I got my 3rd when Brule backskated into the slot and fired a wrister off 1 of the Nashville players that bounced thru the 5 hole. Soc got a mercy goal from his 4th line on a hard working shift. I also did all I could to hurt Crosby but he survived my homing missile attack dog Zack Kassian.

Denogg you are up next

Socreges

Banned
ggs Soc, I took it 3-1

Seguin opened the scoring with a flithy snipe on Jimmy Howard. I added another on the PP when Dupuis was left open in front of the net. Jimmy made a crazy save but I potted the rebound. Soon after I got my 3rd when Brule backskated into the slot and fired a wrister off 1 of the Nashville players that bounced thru the 5 hole. Soc got a mercy goal from his 4th line on a hard working shift. I also did all I could to hurt Crosby but he survived my homing missile attack dog Zack Kassian.

Denogg you are up next
gg viz

But you actually let me score. That's shameful.

Feel like I'm getting better, but I really need to find out how to take out players better. I've got Chara, but have no idea how to defend with him. It's a complete mess trying to get him to do what I want defensively. Also: lift sticks, dump pucks, one time slapshots. You were doing all that and I have no idea how. Time to read the manual.

Really fun game, though. Wish I'd gotten into this series earlier.

Revenant

good games to TheRizzle and Ravensmash.

tough 1-0 loss to TheRizzle, but fortunately I was able to have a solid rebound game with a 3-1 victory on mr. Smash.

fun stuff though, This mode has a lot of potential for this year and into NHL 14

Red_Man

Still looking for a goalie, preferably one around 84 / 85, and I'm not looking for Brodeur FJ sorry. Taking Callahan off the trading block, but Schenn, Stewart, Pouliot, Fisher, are all available.

Top Bottom