• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFHL Versus League - NHL 13 GM Connected (x360)

Marvie_3

Banned
Are draft picks meaningless since we'll never make it through multiple seasons?

I don't think so. I think we need to shorten the schedule though. Most people will only have 2-3 playable games per schedule period. 2 weeks is WAY more time than necessary to finish them. Playoffs will take longer but there's no reason the regular season needs to take months.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I don't think so. I think we need to shorten the schedule though. Most people will only have 2-3 playable games per schedule period. 2 weeks is WAY more time than necessary to finish them. Playoffs will take longer but there's no reason the regular season needs to take months.
Yea for sure, definitely going to shorten it soon, just wanted to test the waters and see how everyone's schedules worked out. I'm going to been playing a bunch of my games tomorrow, leafs, boston, and minny.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

I agree. Mind posting what kind of schedule exactly you had in mind Red?

Red_Man

Not sure, going to have to tinker with it. Depends on how everyone responds to this schedule period and how much time people think they need to play all their games. I can set it for two weeks which will allow us to play for two weeks worth of games, and have everyone report in when they've played all their games and then move it forward once everyone's responded.

Marvie_3

Banned
Not sure, going to have to tinker with it. Depends on how everyone responds to this schedule period and how much time people think they need to play all their games. I can set it for two weeks which will allow us to play for two weeks worth of games, and have everyone report in when they've played all their games and then move it forward once everyone's responded.
I'm finished playing all 0 of my games for this schedule period.

Maybe move the schedule forward every Thursday and Sunday night?

Red_Man

I'm finished playing all 0 of my games for this schedule period.

Maybe move the schedule forward every Thursday and Sunday night?
This works. Give everyone good week time, and I can do it late Sunday night so everyone has the weekend to play their games. If games aren't played when I move the schedule, they'll get SIMed anyways. I'll give this schedule until Tuesday, and then next Sunday I can start this new format.

Smiley90

This works. Give everyone good week time, and I can do it late Sunday night so everyone has the weekend to play their games. If games aren't played when I move the schedule, they'll get SIMed anyways. I'll give this schedule until Tuesday, and then next Sunday I can start this new format.

Yeah I like that. Not everyone needs to finish their games to have the league moved on, really. I'm even tempted to say have more than 2 weeks per period, like 3 or 4 weeks. So people HAVE games (e.g. Marvie has none)

Marvie_3

Banned
Can you make it so I get to actually get to play a game next schedule period?

Red_Man

Yeah I like that. Not everyone needs to finish their games to have the league moved on, really. I'm even tempted to say have more than 2 weeks per period, like 3 or 4 weeks. So people HAVE games (e.g. Marvie has none)
2 weeks is the maximum length.

Can you make it so I get to actually get to play a game next schedule period?
If you give me Weber I'll see what I can do.

Socreges

Banned
What a nail-biter against Nashville, though... that was close. Almost sorry about the shitty goal.
Too kind, but that was probably my best game yet. Turning off auto backskate does help for sure.

Any faceoff tips? I went through the tutorial before, but I've been getting dominated every game.

Red_Man

Too kind, but that was probably my best game yet. Turning off auto backskate does help for sure.

Any faceoff tips? I went through the tutorial before, but I've been getting dominated every game.
I average around 60-70% most games with my center in EASHL, what I do is hold both sticks to the right, and then right as the ref drops the puck I bring it back. IF you seem to find you can't beat a guy no matter what you do just push up on the right stick when the puck drops to tie the guy up.

Hmm.. I basically usually go left or right on the left stick and right or left on the right stick until the guy starts to throw the puck.and then I push my left stick up and the right stick down. That way my guy pushes his body towards the other guy and tries to push the puck behind him... But I'm not the best at faceoffs.

I have the lockout thread, this thread, sim league thread, all 3 EASHL teams and the NHL 13 OT all subscribed.....has any other game generated so many threads? :p

made my deal with a CPU team to get an impact winger than I proposed in the other thread, I guess it's pending Red_Man's review now

J. Leopold 83
B. Boyle 78
T. Rattie 61 (19 yr old 4 star potential prospect)
3rd round pick 2013

to San Jose for:

M. Havlat 85
4th round pick 2013

I was lucky to get a pretty decent team that also had over 15 million in cap space available when I started so I have some offers out there for free agents, looking forward to Tuesday to see if I they decide to come aboard and improve my depth

Denogg let me know when/if you wanna play our game

Yea for sure, definitely going to shorten it soon, just wanted to test the waters and see how everyone's schedules worked out. I'm going to been playing a bunch of my games tomorrow, leafs, boston, and minny.

I'll be around watching football in the afternoon, I'll be paying attention to neogaf so just PM me and we can play......see if you can stop the Ovie - Backstrom - Michalek line of doom

Red_Man

made my deal with a CPU team to get an impact winger than I proposed in the other thread, I guess it's pending Red_Man's review now

J. Leopold 83
B. Boyle 78
3rd round pick 2013

to San Jose for:

M. Havlat 85
4th round pick 2013

I was lucky to get a pretty decent team that also had over 15 million in cap space available when I started so I have some offers out there for free agents, looking forward to Tuesday to see if I they decide to come aboard and improve my depth

I'll go over it in the morning, but looks good so far.

I'll be around watching football in the afternoon, I'll be paying attention to neogaf so just PM me and we can play......see if you can stop the Ovie - Backstrom - Michalek line of doom
Alright, I'll probably be hopping on around 4-5ish EST and be on for a while so I'll shoot you a pm and we'll do it up. I have 2 or 3 games against Boston too, I think that's Rinse?

I'll go over it in the morning, but looks good so far.

Alright, I'll probably be hopping on around 4-5ish EST and be on for a while so I'll shoot you a pm and we'll do it up. I have 2 or 3 games against Boston too, I think that's Rinse?

Or we can play in 5 minutes when I finish my food

Phthisis

I've got games against Carolina and Calgary that are both human opponents; I should be around tomorrow afternoon/evening. PM me if you guys see this so we can get a time worked out.

Smiley90

J. Leopold 83
B. Boyle 78
3rd round pick 2013

to San Jose for:

M. Havlat 85
4th round pick 2013

That trade looks like YOU might've overpaid to me...

Socreges

Banned

J. Leopold 83
B. Boyle 78
3rd round pick 2013

to San Jose for:

M. Havlat 85
4th round pick 2013

How'd you get that to work? Just kept upping the value of your offer? Did they actually have Havlat as a player they were interested in getting rid of? Because no CPU-controlled team is shopping FWDs over 23.

Smiley90

How'd you get that to work? Just kept upping the value of your offer? Did they actually have Havlat as a player they were interested in getting rid of? Because no CPU-controlled team is shopping FWDs over 23.

Uh, trading block is very rough, btw. You can shop anyone from a CPU controlled team.

Smiley90

Ggs tonight

You would've beat me even without my stupid causing a penalty shot 1.5 seconds before the end of the period :lol.

On the same note, how was that 4th goal not goaltender interference?!?

--> Vancouver beat Columbus 5-2, in a crazy game with 2 goals scored within 2 seconds of a period-end, 2 shorthanded goals, 1 powerplay goal and 1 penalty shot goal. But yes, gg :D

Socreges

Banned
Uh, trading block is very rough, btw. You can shop anyone from a CPU controlled team.
That's what I thought. But that's not how it was working for me:

NYI has a surplus of RWs (Pavelski is their third best) and lacks LWs. But it doesn't note this. They "want" veteran 2nd line forwards. So I offered them Steen (83), Ott (80) and a good 18 yr old prospect to up the value. Asked for Pavelski (85) in return. Their response was to mock me for apparently not looking at the trading block, etc.

Smiley90

That's what I thought. But that's not how it was working for me:

NYI has a surplus of RWs (Pavelski is their third best) and lacks LWs. But it doesn't note this. They "want" veteran 2nd line forwards. So I offered them Steen (83), Ott (80) and a good 18 yr old prospect to up the value. Asked for Pavelski (85) in return. Their response was to mock me for apparently not looking at the trading block, etc.

well, what you offered just wasn't good enough then. Any kind of "message" the CPU sends you is usually highly inaccurate and essentially just a different version of "send a better offer", made to sound more hockey-talk-ish. If you increase your offer, they'll say different things, but it'll still be an "increase your offer".

Sometimes they just don't WANT to trade a player unless you overpay massively for him though, then you're just unlucky.

Socreges

Banned
well, what you offered just wasn't good enough then. Any kind of "message" the CPU sends you is usually highly inaccurate and essentially just a different version of "send a better offer", made to sound more hockey-talk-ish. If you increase your offer, they'll say different things, but it'll still be an "increase your offer".

Sometimes they just don't WANT to trade a player unless you overpay massively for him though, then you're just unlucky.
Maybe Garth Snow programmed the AI.

good games to TheRizzle and Ravensmash.

tough 1-0 loss to TheRizzle, but fortunately I was able to have a solid rebound game with a 3-1 victory on mr. Smash.

fun stuff though, This mode has a lot of potential for this year and into NHL 14

Yeah good game, you had a well deserved victory there!

Marvie_3

Banned
I have the lockout thread, this thread, sim league thread, all 3 EASHL teams and the NHL 13 OT all subscribed.....has any other game generated so many threads? :p
I think the real questions is, has anyone wasted as much time as me making threads for one game? :lol

Someone needs to make some more leagues and EASHL teams so we can conquer the whole first page of Gaming Community.

Who are the Senators? I sent them an XBL message to play and didn't get a reply and I don't see any usernames beside the Sens in the OP?

That trade looks like YOU might've overpaid to me...

maybe, but I didn't want to have it look like I fleeced a CPU team.

I got someone considered a 1st line fwd with game changing speed (have you seen him yet, hes lightning fast on the ice) for an older defensemen (Leopold), a 3rd line checking forward (Boyle), a marginal prospect (Rattie) and a 3rd round pick.

I'd say objectively that it's pretty fair. They (SJ) were stacked with forwards, their defensemen were kind of suspect and were over the cap (Havlat makes 5M), so I helped them out in those areas too.

I just did "Make Trade" rather than Trade Block and just put up the 4 pieces from my end then asked for Havlat and the 4th and the game accepted it the 1st time?

Red_Man

Spezza hat trick in my first game :D and wow Scheinder's glove hand is baddddddd. Sorry about that game Rinse, I should warn everyone a head of time I play a lot of VS.

Also is "tbnantti" anyone in here or someone familiar? Just got a request from them. Going to decline tonight if I don't hear anything.

Socreges

Banned
Spezza hat trick in my first game :D and wow Scheinder's glove hand is baddddddd. Sorry about that game Rinse, I should warn everyone a head of time I play a lot of VS.

Also is "tbnantti" anyone in here or someone familiar? Just got a request from them. Going to decline tonight if I don't hear anything.
C'mon, commish.

Antti

Me.

Red_Man

C'mon, commish.
Just wanna make sure, told people to PM so I know it's not randoms.
Added you.
Ouch

Red snipe-showed me 5-0
I don't even know how that happened man :lol Callahan was beasting and he shoots the opposite hand as me. GG though, Mason bailed me out a few times surprisingly.

I still have to play Minny Deog if you're on tonight at all just shoot me a message.

Just wanna make sure, told people to PM so I know it's not randoms.

Added you.

I don't even know how that happened man :lol Callahan was beasting and he shoots the opposite hand as me. GG though, Mason bailed me out a few times surprisingly.

It was a game up until those 3 quick snipes lol

Top Bottom