• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 2.5: The Bachelor Party |Mafia OT| One Last Override

cabot

eeh aawww eeeh awwww eeh aawww eeeh awwww eeh aawww eeeh awwww

Top 3 town:
Gorlak
Somhia
Idk

Scum:
Squidy
Royal
Kawl/Cabot

eeh aawww eeeh awwww eeh aawww eeeh awwww eeh aawww eeeh awwww eeh aawww eeeh awwww eeh aawww eeeh awwww eeh aawww eeeh awwww eeh aawww eeeh awwww eeh aawww eeeh awwww eeh aawww eeeh awwwwv eeh aawww eeeh awwww

Tom%20looking%20in%20the%20mirror%20(jackass).JPG

Gorlak

Banned
cabot why do you keep shitposting?
---

vote: flame_ac

At first I didn't find your behaviour to be out of the norm, but now you've ignored my latest question, changed your opinion on squidyj for no apparent reason and vote kawl without any reason. Explain your actions!

There are so many people behaving weird :/

sophia claiming vanilla without a reason
zipped being generally suspicious
flame ignoring my question
stanley not contributing, even admitting and basically giving up?

All the while squidyj somehow changed his behaviour. He's much less suspicious today. Maybe because others have taken the spotlight?

I'll look over the thread again.

Flame_AC

I went through the past four pages and couldn't find any significant question you asked me that hasn't already been spoken on.

I thought the Squidy lynch would have been a mistake on the first Day, that's all. Now after further evaluation I believe him to be scum.

I already noted earlier how I didn't like a part of Kawl's actions, his OMGUS to cabot following his vote merely gave me a reason to jump on the train and see if something might happen.

We're only four hours away from the end of the day, so we could use a vote count to see if anyone should try and save themselves.

Kawl_USC

I went through the past four pages and couldn't find any significant question you asked me that hasn't already been spoken on.

I thought the Squidy lynch would have been a mistake on the first Day, that's all. Now after further evaluation I believe him to be scum.

I already noted earlier how I didn't like a part of Kawl's actions, his OMGUS to cabot following his vote merely gave me a reason to jump on the train and see if something might happen.

We're only four hours away from the end of the day, so we could use a vote count to see if anyone should try and save themselves.

Yea this right here is why I voted on Cabot, just seeing what type of reaction it might get and flames reaction makes me feel good enough about being pretty sure for voting him unless something radical happens.

Vote: Flame_AC

Gorlak

Banned
Hm, the latest posts of Flush. Even though he is one of the most inactives, he manages to contribute to the discussion with his few posts. I'm getting townie vibes from him.

I'd lean slightly town on FEP as well.

I shitpost because no one is fucking doing anything.

VOTE: FLAME_AC

Than stop posting useless shit and let's do something here! I don't see Kawl as scum atm. He's giving me neutral vibes so hard. Look at him talking about statistics and odds of finding anything and pulling out his notebook data reference nobody can rate at all. Noise to post ratio? wtf? He plays like he doesn't care who wins. Do you really think Kawl is scum?

Kawl - What the hell are you even talking about here?

cabot

I think Sophia defending Kawl is strange, and that link makes me want to lynch one of them.

I feel Sophia is the better choice out of the two for hitting scum.

Kawl_USC

Hm, the latest posts of Flush. Even though he is one of the most inactives, he manages to contribute to the discussion with his few posts. I'm getting townie vibes from him.

I'd lean slightly town on FEP as well.

Than stop posting useless shit and let's do something here! I don't see Kawl as scum atm. He's giving me neutral vibes so hard. Look at him talking about statistics and odds of finding anything and pulling out his notebook data reference nobody can rate at all. Noise to post ratio? wtf? He plays like he doesn't care who wins. Do you really think Kawl is scum?

Kawl - What the hell are you even talking about here?

I think putting some type of metric to the contributions people are making into the thread are important beyond just gut feels and hand wavy ness. Posts count isn't exactly fair because I'd say on average flush's post have like 4 times the worth of an average Cabot post (and yours are usually denser than others in terms of bringing up new discussion points and topics as well). So I'm referring to the notes I've been making reviewing the whole thread and trying to quantify actual contributions to confirm they line up with how people are breaking it down. Statistics and looking at who's contributing is useful for town. I'm in the process of sorting my thoughts and analysis from a reread but these have been a sort of post while in progress.

Plus I like thinking about odds and what makes sense to attack depending on varying confidences in opinions.

Sorian

Banned
Flame_AC (4)
squidyj
CrimsonFist
Kawl_USC
Gorlak
cabot
Kawl_USC

Zippedpinhead (2)
Gorlak
StanleyPalmtree
Royal_Flush

squidyj (1)
Flame_AC
Flame_AC
flatearthpandas

Royal_Flush (1)
squidyj

Kawl_USC (1)
cabot
Flame_AC

flatearthpandas (0)
cabot

Sophia (0)
Sophia
Flame_AC
cabot
squidyj

StanleyPalmtree (0)
cabot
Gorlak

cabot (0)
Kawl_USC

7 votes are needed for majority.

Day 2 ends in:
blu_1462482000.png

Kawl_USC

I think Sophia defending Kawl is strange, and that link makes me want to lynch one of them.

I feel Sophia is the better choice out of the two for hitting scum.
Does that connection make you more confident one of us is scum than the previous statement that one of flame, squid, or zipped is scum?
If Sophia were to flip scum what would that say about me? Not much IMO. As scum picking a town to defend to get in their good graces happens quite a bit. Do you think one of us is scum or that both of us are?

squidyj

So...... Everybody in the game says they think there's scum in that group of 3 players.
Therefore everybody on the scum team says they think there's scum in that group of 3 players.
So either there are no scum players on that list or scum is convinced it can generate a mislynch or scum is willing to sacrifice a player.
Here is the problem, if we lynch in there and we hit a townie when do we stop?

Cabot, CrimsonFist and Sophia all equivocated to some degree.
Flatearthpandas walked back his statement after the fact.
Royal flush was very late providing a response or showing up to do anything.

Kawl_USC

So...... Everybody in the game says they think there's scum in that group of 3 players.
Therefore everybody on the scum team says they think there's scum in that group of 3 players.
So either there are no scum players on that list or scum is convinced it can generate a mislynch or scum is willing to sacrifice a player.

Cabot, CrimsonFist and Sophia all equivocated to some degree.
Flatearthpandas walked back his statement after the fact.
Royal flush was very late providing a response or showing up to do anything.
Let's not pretend a scum team would be dumb enough to miss where that was going squid. Odds are basically good on a scum player being in any group of 3 players at this point with 2 town dead, especially when those players were involved in day end voting or near lynches. Trying to read into saying no there is classic wifom territory.

cabot

Does that connection make you more confident one of us is scum than the previous statement that one of flame, squid, or zipped is scum?
If Sophia were to flip scum what would that say about me? Not much IMO. As scum picking a town to defend to get in their good graces happens quite a bit. Do you think one of us is scum or that both of us are?

This is more 'I can't read what isn't there'

I feel at this stage going after someone who has more material to look over is more fruitful than chasing up the dregs that barely do anything.

We're not in a game ending place yet, so I guess we could hit the zipped/squidy/flame trio.

Gorlak

Banned
(...)
Plus I like thinking about odds and what makes sense to attack depending on varying confidences in opinions.

Well, if you put it like this... You do understand that posting a list with numbers derived from your notes and your evaluation of the content of other player's posts is nothing we can take seriously? It looks like you want to impress others with numbers, so it may appear that your opinion is something more than just your opinion because you can always say "look at my proficient foundation!! I can't be wrong". So at least I can't see the value of your note statistics for anyone but yourself.

Gorlak

Banned

That was the problem from the beginning, why do you think some tried to get more reads on other people?

Hey, I just noticed you haven't commented on a certain topic. What do you think of Sophia's claim? And what do you think about her in general?

Kawl_USC

Well, if you put it like this... You do understand that posting a list with numbers derived from your notes and your evaluation of the content of other player's posts is nothing we can take seriously? It looks like you want to impress others with numbers, so it may appear that your opinion is something more than just your opinion because you can always say "look at my proficient foundation!! I can't be wrong". So at least I can't see the value of your note statistics for anyone but yourself.
Well now you are conflating the two different things. The contributions discussion is separate from the Maths discussion which is more in line with the Pr claim talk I had day 1.

Yes I know the contributions are coming from a slightly arbitrary sheet of my own making but it's at least an attempt to separate wheat from chaff in terms of actual player value. Instead of just looking at post counts or going off gut feels, which can be deceiving in retrospect

Gorlak

Banned
Flame already announced a claim in between the lines, which is nothing I'm looking forward to... I know gafia so the day end may become hectic. I'll be around this time and will make sure we do not experience the same silence as yesterday! So before we all just wait till the minutes pass, give me a quick overview please. What are your preferred lynch targets today?

Besides Flame it will be either Zipped or Sophia for me today.

Kawl_USC

Flame already announced a claim in between the lines, which is nothing I'm looking forward to... I know gafia so the day end may become hectic. I'll be around this time and will make sure we do not experience the same silence as yesterday! So before we all just wait till the minutes pass, give me a quick overview please. What are your preferred lynch targets today?

Besides Flame it will be either Zipped or Sophia for me today.

I still don't see the in between the lines claim that some others are seeing in Flames post but I reckon we will get to the bottom of that soon enough with how things are coming to a point.

Stated yesterday that I'm fine with Flame, Squidy, or Sophia.

squidyj

That was the problem from the beginning, why do you think some tried to get more reads on other people?

Hey, I just noticed you haven't commented on a certain topic. What do you think of Sophia's claim? And what do you think about her in general?

Sophia? Felt like a preemptive claim. Claim before it gets to the point where you have to claim so that it doesn't look like you were pressured into claiming on the block when the only reason you're claiming is the pressure you anticipate you will be receiving in the future.

Kawl_USC

Sophia? Felt like a preemptive claim. Claim before it gets to the point where you have to claim so that it doesn't look like you were pressured into claiming on the block when the only reason you're claiming is the pressure you anticipate you will be receiving in the future.

I feel like it's done the opposite though. She's under more pressure and scrutiny due to the claim. You think it was a misstep by a town Sophia, a misstep by a scum Sophia, or she desired exactly that increased pressure?

squidyj

I feel like it's done the opposite though. She's under more pressure and scrutiny due to the claim. You think it was a misstep by a town Sophia, a misstep by a scum Sophia, or she desired exactly that increased pressure?

I think it was a misstep.

It's a few hours before the end of the day, and while I don't have a lot of reasons to vote the way I'm about to but this is my reasoning.

I'm was thinking of voting for flame today, out of the people at the top of that vote count there are squidyj, flame and myself. I don't want to die, so as second place my initial gut read is to look into who has more votes than me and see why others think he is scum.

But then I looked into flame_AC, and I don't think he is scum, I think he's town. So I'm going against my gut and voting for someone else.

Well what about squidyj? He is viable alternative, but he has slowed his posting today, trying to be more useful in his views today. Which makes me think he is town as well.

So where does that leave me? I know I'm town, so I'm not voting myself.

Vote: kawl_USC

I don't like the pressure he has suddenly put on, it sounds more like scum trying to throw shade then real town reads.

Gorlak

Banned
Squidyj I'd also like clarification about your thoughts on Sophia, you voted her earlier... do you still feel the same? A vote on her is "right on the money"?

Kawl_USC

It's a few hours before the end of the day, and while I don't have a lot of reasons to vote the way I'm about to but this is my reasoning.

I'm was thinking of voting for flame today, out of the people at the top of that vote count there are squidyj, flame and myself. I don't want to die, so as second place my initial gut read is to look into who has more votes than me and see why others think he is scum.

But then I looked into flame_AC, and I don't think he is scum, I think he's town. So I'm going against my gut and voting for someone else.

Well what about squidyj? He is viable alternative, but he has slowed his posting today, trying to be more useful in his views today. Which makes me think he is town as well.

So where does that leave me? I know I'm town, so I'm not voting myself.

Vote: kawl_USC

I don't like the pressure he has suddenly put on, it sounds more like scum trying to throw shade then real town reads.

Also I'll be honest I'm reading this post thinking of the scene in Men in Black where will smith justifies why he didn't shoot each of the aliens and eventually ended up shooting the little girl and it's pretty hilarious.

And just like that situation I think you are just misunderstanding the situation versus actively doing harm.

Flame_AC

I'm the broiest bro there is. Absolutely everyone's bro in here. That's right, I'm AbsoluteBro!

I'm as ordinary as they come unfortunately.

Kawl_USC

Hey Crimson,

Looking over the day I noticed something that's kind of interesting.

You were one of the couple of people who broke down the day end votes from day 1, saying it was flame, Royal, and star that came in to break the two way tie I had set up. Cool I think that's important information.

However you then turn around and say that liking at voting pattern isn't really useful until we get a scum flip. If you feel that way why bring into focus so early on in the day the votes from day 1 end?

squidyj

Squidyj I'd also like clarification about your thoughts on Sophia, you voted her earlier... do you still feel the same? A vote on her is "right on the money"?

could be and is are two different things.
I think voting sophia is a gamble that could pay off because i see potential scum in her wishy washiness and her preemptive claiming. I'm surprised the question was asked though, kawl seems awfully pushy about it. Preemptive claiming even vanilla as town provides information to the scum team so obviously I would consider it to be a more scum aligned activity.

Kawl_USC

And ugh, another ordinary? I find that super hard to believe. Which makes me think he's not lying. Christ. It's seems so unlikely if we believe Sophia that I don't see scum making that their claim.

Unvote

For the moment though.

I find Sophia's vanilla claim harder to swallow than Flames ATM.

squidyj

nah, flame already knew a pr claim was going to get him lynched on the spot, so the only thing he could claim was vanilla town.

Kawl_USC

could be and is are two different things.
I think voting sophia is a gamble that could pay off because i see potential scum in her wishy washiness and her preemptive claiming. I'm surprised the question was asked though, kawl seems awfully pushy about it. Preemptive claiming even vanilla as town provides information to the scum team so obviously I would consider it to be a more scum aligned activity.

Shrug

I don't like when people dance around a question. Having a firm answer for you also helps when we can look back in retrospect late game.

Kawl_USC

nah, flame already knew a pr claim was going to get him lynched on the spot, so the only thing he could claim was vanilla town.

I think all the people who feel strongly about his "foreshadowed" claim are already on him though. Think his better shot would have been to claim pr and depend on the less active people who currently don't have a vote down.

Top Bottom