• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 2.5: The Bachelor Party |Mafia OT| One Last Override

Kawl_USC

While Gorlak said he would switch to avoid a tie, it was pretty clear he preferred a Sophia lynch per his actual vote. I'd rather one person decide the vote than someone powerplay by forcing a tie and using another person's position to swing it by 2 votes essentially.

and great more tying.

Sophia

No ties. I don't know what FEP's game is, but you all need to look at him tomorrow in context of my flip.

Unvote

Sorian

Banned
Following the Celine Dion concert, the partiers’ mood is sober and somber. They hit up a nearby buffet because the second-best way to cope with tragedy is to eat mountains of cafeteria-quality food.

“Here’s to Palmer,” says Whosis, raising a glass of tomato juice.
“Seems wrong to toast someone with tomato juice.”
“I’m on a cleanse, okay? I need to slim down for the wedding.”
“I think you’ve come to the wrong place for a cleanse…”

A loud banging and cursing noise interrupts everyone.

“Stupid king crab legs. Why won’t you break open?”
Whosis chuckles. “Seems like you need a hammer for that.”

Everyone’s eyes widen (they can’t gasp because their mouths are full) and they push their chairs back from the table, looking at each other warily.

Whosis, busy picking at his dressing-free salad, doesn’t notice. He thinks about how the cleanse will be worth it, and how he’ll fit into the tuxedo Swamped picked out for him. He’ll be able to ask her “honey, do these pants make my butt look big” and she will reply “no” without snorting loudly, or choking… wait choking?

Whosis looks up, his daydream interrupted. Someone has fallen face first into his mountain of cafeteria-quality food. Jumping up quickly (and “accidentally” spilling his glass of tomato juice so he won’t have to drink it), Whosis rushes over and grabs the choking person from behind. He tries to perform the Heimlich maneuver, but just ends up awkwardly groping him. Whosis notices that the choking person’s chest feels soft… like a bag of sand...

From a certain angle, the two people bucking back and forth in the middle of a buffet looks like... well you know. Whosis loses his balance and the two of them fall to the ground, still flailing and moving around. Eventually, a nondescript piece of food flies out.

Climbing to his feet, Whosis’ hand touches something soft. He looks down and sees a wig on the ground.

“Wha-” his eyes dart over to the coughing person near him. “His” hair was long, flowing, and brown.

“That’s a girl!”
“This is like that scene in Mrs. Doubtfire.”
”Nah, Mulan.”
“Mulan is Asian though.”
“That’s not the point…”

Sawneeks stands up, glaring. “Thanks for saving my life, I guess.”

Whosis clears his throat. “So you’re one of the party crashers. No girls allowed at a bachelor party. We’re going on without you. Let’s go.”

Zippedpinhead has been removed from the party.

Welcome to Las Vegas, Zippedpinhead!

You are Sawneeks. Your name sounds like a cheap Chinese knock-off version of Sonic. But then again, SEGA has been treating Sonic like a cheap knock-off for years (heyooooo). You are in Vegas for some fun times with your besties when you spot Swamped's fiancé Whatshisface, accompanied by an entourage of GAFians. It can only be a bachelor party. You drop everything and set off in pursuit of the group. How could they neglect to invite you?

You are the mafia 2-shot tracker. Twice, during the night phase, you may PM me the command TRACK: <playername>. You will receive back a list of any players that your target visited. You may use both of your actions in the same night.

Your fellow mafia partners are [redacted]

You have access to a private scum chat here: [redacted]

You may perform the faction kill by submitting the command FORCIBLY REMOVE: <target>

You have also been entrusted with the power to VOTE for someone every day in order to remove them from the party.

You win when your team makes up at least half of the remaining player list.

Remember, it is night time. No one should be posting in this thread.

See you in:
red_1462654800.png

Sorian

Banned
Final Vote Count

Sophia (4)
Sophia
Flame_AC
cabot
squidyj
Kawl_USC
Gorlak
cabot
squidyj
Zippedpinhead

Zippedpinhead (2)
Gorlak
StanleyPalmtree
Royal_Flush
Sophia
flatearthpandas
CrimsonFist

Flame_AC (1)
squidyj
CrimsonFist
Kawl_USC
Gorlak
cabot
Kawl_USC
squidyj
StarSketch

Kawl_USC (1)
cabot
Flame_AC
Zippedpinhead

squidyj (1)
Flame_AC
Flame_AC
flatearthpandas
flatearthpandas

Royal_Flush (0)
squidyj

flatearthpandas (0)
cabot

StanleyPalmtree (0)
cabot
Gorlak

cabot (0)
Kawl_USC

Sorian

Banned
Due to unforeseen circumstances that can be discussed AFTER the game:

MODKILL: cabot

Things that you may talk about:
cabot's role
cabot's alignment in relation to his reads
cabot's vote patterns
etc.

Things you may NOT talk about:
Theories on why cabot was modkilled

Thank you for understanding, see you for day 3 when the timer above ends.

-----------

The sirens wake up the hotel guests. Bleary-eyed and tired, the party goers open their room doors and gather in the hallway.

&#8220;What&#8217;s going on?&#8221;
&#8220;Did someone call the CDC because of the biohazard in our bathroom?&#8221;
&#8220;It wasn&#8217;t that bad. I wish they called the pest control department for people like you!&#8221;
&#8220;Oh yeah? Well your mother wears army boots!&#8221;

&#8220;Guys, guys, look at this.&#8221; Someone is brandishing a piece of hotel stationery.

Dear friends,

I know this is sudden, and we haven&#8217;t even gone to the strip club yet (awwww), but after the incident with Sawneeks, I realize that I miss the touch of a woman. And no, a strip club was not going to change that (awwww). So I made a rope out of bedsheets and am going to escape this hotel the same way I left my beloved Swamped. It&#8217;s only fitting that I return to her the same way

&#8220;With police on his tail?&#8221;
&#8220;Have you met Swamped? I&#8217;d rather have SEAL Team Six after me.&#8221;
&#8220;Where did he get enough bedsheets? We&#8217;re on the twelfth floor!&#8221;
&#8220;Be quiet and keep reading.&#8221;

I know what you&#8217;re thinking: where did he get enough bedsheets? I raided housekeeping.

&#8220;It&#8217;s like he&#8217;s listening to us.&#8221;

But what&#8217;s a bachelor party without a bachelor? It&#8217;s still a party (ba-dum-tiss). Go have fun without me, and I&#8217;ll see you at the wedding.

Sincerely,

&#8220;Looks like he ran out of paper to sign his name.&#8221;
&#8220;What a bloody wanker.&#8221;
"Flip to the other side."
Everyone gasps and backs away, eyes shifting, into their respective rooms. The doors slam shut, multiple locks clicking.

cabot has been removed from the party, win condition unfulfilled

Welcome to Las Vegas, cabot

You are Swamped's Fiancé, Whatshisface. You're the reason everyone is here. Women want to be with you. Men want to be you. What do you want? Swamped. Awwww.

Really, this bachelor party is a waste of time. You just want to get to the wedding where you can be bound to your blushing bride for all of eternity. Awwww.

So for that reason, you are the TANNER. If town lynches you, you win. If you die at night, you lose. Awwww.

You have also been entrusted with the power to VOTE for someone every day in order to remove them from the party.

You win when you are lynched by day vote. It&#8217;s finally here, Gafia&#8217;s first tanner. Do us proud.

Now back to sleep, I have nothing else to post (I hope).

Sorian

Banned
CrimsonFist can’t sleep. The events of the past few hours are still running through his head. I need a drink, he thinks. Putting on his newly-bought Celine Dion slippers, he slips (heh) out of his room.

Eschewing the bar, CrimsonFist walks to the end of the hallway and stops in front of a vending machine. He peruses the drink selection and settles on a Coke.

“Too bad there’s no Vanilla Coke” he mutters.

Gasping in realization, CrimsonFist takes a reflexive step back. As he looks around warily, he sheepishly realizes he’s alone.

Man this whole mafia business is getting to me.

Lost in his thoughts and Coke Zero, CrimsonFIst doesn’t notice a shadowy figure approaching him… until he turns and sees them.

“There’s no cover and this hallway is brightly lit. Why bother with the sneaking?”

The figure stops, blinks, and stands up straight. “Good point,” they rasp.

“Good Batman impression, but I can see your face.”

“Just die already.” A knife crosses the distance between them and embeds itself in CrimsonFist's Coke Zero.

“Hey I was drinking that!” CrimsonFist sees the spilling soda mingling with the blood from his fingers, and faints from the sight of the grotesque mixture.

The knife-wielder nods, satisfied with their work. Walking over to CrimsonFist, they take their knife, and as an afterthought, the Celine Dion slippers.

squidyj has been removed from the party.

Welcome to Las Vegas, squidyj!

You are CrimsonFist. You have red hands, or red gloves. Or maybe your fists are bloodied from fighting. I guess that makes you a tough guy, or a bare-knuckled brawler. Do you really wanna punch your way out of this?

You are Ordinary Town. But that’s okay, mom says you’re special.

You are here for Swamped's fiancé's bachelor party, a celebration before he's permanently recruited to Swamped's team (alignment unknown). In your inebriated stupor, you notice that not everyone is who they seem to be. You can't have anyone ruin the party, so you have been entrusted with the power to VOTE for someone every day in order to remove them from the party. You would get more responsibilities, but you're partaking in borderline-illegal activities that will render you broke and destitute. Voting is pretty much all you're capable of at this point.

You win when all threats to town are eliminated.

Day 3 Start

5 votes are needed for majority.

Day 3 Ends in:
blu_1462914000.png

Gorlak

Banned
pretyped post:

I'll explain what happened there at the day end. Keeping it simple: I didn't see Sophia's unvote and thought squidyj tied the day.

Take a look at the last three minutes:

#656 Sorian confirms Sophia is in the lead with 1 vote
-> I press the post button and type my post (#663)
When the thread reloads I immediatly see squidyj's unvote (#662), thus I believe it's a 4-4 tie.
In panic I press the post button again, type in my vote change to zipped in hopes of getting it in before deadline end. I hammer f5 and neither see fep's vote change nor Sorian's end day post as those came in seconds before my post ~ otherwise I wouldn't have sent in the vote change.

---
My questions immediatly after this day end: Why did Zipped get lynched? And why did squidyj unvote so shortly before the day end?

Also we can take everything cabot said with a grain of salt. Poems my ass... All of his shitposting in between makes sense now, he tried to get lynched.

Sophia

Squidyj was town? I looked over the voting patterns and was almost 100% certain he was scum. Huh... I need to look things over again.

My questions immediatly after this day end: Why did Zipped get lynched? And why did squidyj unvote so shortly before the day end?

Also we can take everything cabot said with a grain of salt. Poems my ass... All of his shitposting in between makes sense now, he tried to get lynched.

I don't actually know for certain, but I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say that banana I got was a redirect. Zipped was the last person I voted for, and instead of me dying, he did. I don't know if the banana was always going to redirect to my target, or if it simply happened because I was the lynched one that night. Regardless, we were very lucky he was mafia. :\

Zipped obviously ate an override.

Just wondering why scum thought it was squid.

I'm actually very pleased with the chaos, i think there's a lot of gut reactions available. But was still surprised by the squid nk

Sounds very odd if it was the banana. An item that makes you lynch immune and redirects to the person with the next highest votes? I'd be more inclined to assume it was a hidden override or something.

Anyone else feeling fruity?

Sophia

Sounds very odd if it was the banana. An item that makes you lynch immune and redirects to the person with the next highest votes? I'd be more inclined to assume it was a hidden override or something.

Anyone else feeling fruity?

It could have very well been an override.

I didn't receive anything during the night phase this time. No idea if whatever affected me last day phase is still in effect tho. Likewise, we never found out about that chip that Cabot talked about because he was modkilled.

I think we can probably agree that whether it was override or a redirect, it was town aligned.

Something that stands out to me is zipped's, "sorry Sophia, i know you're town speech."

Also, did anyone else get anything tonight?

Mhm. So yesterday happened, noone so far knows (or admits to know) what's going on, Cabot was one of the most universally agreed on Townies which is hilarious given his role and this game seems to have far more Vanillas than I thought it would have (I would even classify the Tanner as somehow Vanilla because he doesn't do anything fancy)

Please keep in mind that just because Sophia couldn't be lynched yesterday doesn't mean she's Town. If we assume it's an override or that it was caused by the banana it tells literally nothing about her alignment. If we assume 1-shot lynchproof or something is part of her role, it also makes sense for every alignment (Although it may be a bit powerful to be a Scum PR). That being said, I personally still lean Town on her.

Kawl and Gorlak interestingly are the only serious voters on Sophia that are not dead by now. How do you two feel about her after what happened?

gryvan

my theory on why zipped got voted is either probably someone stealing votes or votes counting as 2 or both...

Ok, the vote count at 602 has Flame at 4, Zipped at 2 and Sophia at 0

Kawl votes Sophia taking her to 1, Gorlak votes taking her to 2 and Flame to 3, and tying her with Zipped, at this point Flame is still in the lead.

Star votes Flame taking him to 4, Sophia votes Zipped taking him to 3. Cabot (neutral) votes Sophia taking her to 3 and Flame to 3, so a three way tie.

Squidy (town) votes Sophia, giving her the lead and taking Flame down to 2.

Vote count is posted at 638, with 4 on Sophia, 3 on Zipped.

Pandas votes Zipped tying the vote between him and Sophia at 4-4. I vote Zipped taking the vote to 5-4, and Zipped votes Sophia making it 5-5. I unvote to break the tie, 4-5. Sophia unvotes? 3-5, Squidy unvotes, 3-4, Pandas votes Squidy, making it 2 - 4 Zipped to Sophia.

If Sophia has no lynch affecting role, then I'd town read her for that unvote. No reason for scum to do that if you're about to be lynched anyway. Not the best move as town either, but at least you'd be avoiding a tie giving town more data to go off, especially if you are just vanilla. This is assuming she didn't see my unvote of course, which should already have broken the tie.

Sophia

If Sophia has no lynch affecting role, then I'd town read her for that unvote. No reason for scum to do that if you're about to be lynched anyway. Not the best move as town either, but at least you'd be avoiding a tie giving town more data to go off, especially if you are just vanilla. This is assuming she didn't see my unvote of course, which should already have broken the tie.

I have no lynch affecting role. I did not lie at all in my claim. I voted fully with the intent to ensure that there could not be a tie again after FEP tied it up.

Not knowing Flame's alignment kind of hurts a lot of conclusions that can be drawn from that. Since he was in the lead an hour and a half before the deadline. If he was town, I can't see scum wanting to mess with the votes too much, so that would make Gorlak look good in my eyes. If he's scum, I'd look more closely at the Sophia lynch train.

I also don't have a strong opinion on Royal and Stanley, who were initially voting for Zipped. Neither gave overly strong reasons for the vote, Stanley especially, so either could have been a bus vote which wasn't intended to gain traction. I doubt both were though. And neither moved their votes during the end of day voting shenanigans.

Top Bottom