• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 2.5: The Bachelor Party |Mafia OT| One Last Override

Flame_AC

I mean, it's not like I wanted to be ordinary, so sorry to disappoint you all. Lynching me isn't going to help us get anywhere. I'm fine with lynching Kawl/Squidy/Zipped.

Sorian

Banned
Vote Count

Flame_AC (4)
squidyj
CrimsonFist
Kawl_USC
Gorlak
cabot
Kawl_USC
squidyj

Zippedpinhead (2)
Gorlak
StanleyPalmtree
Royal_Flush

Kawl_USC (2)
cabot
Flame_AC
Zippedpinhead

squidyj (1)
Flame_AC
Flame_AC
flatearthpandas

Royal_Flush (0)
squidyj

flatearthpandas (0)
cabot

Sophia (0)
Sophia
Flame_AC
cabot
squidyj

StanleyPalmtree (0)
cabot
Gorlak

cabot (0)
Kawl_USC

7 votes are needed for majority.

Day 2 ends in:
blu_1462482000.png

Kawl_USC

Vote: Sophia

Sophia (and the 4? Others) with no vote can we recitfy that?

Also looking back on the day when talking about your vote on Stanley you say that they were low activity and suspicious to you, which okay fair enough, however at the same time say you are unsure on Squidy but that zipped sticks out to you.

If zipped stuck out to you early on in day 2 (so mostly based on his day 1 actions) why didn't you vote for him and put your vote on someone you found at least a little suspicious instead of letting your soft town read droplet get matched to the gallows? Scared to vote on your scum teammate who was still in the running but wanted to be set up for an easy day 2 bus possibly?

Sophia

Four ordinaries out of 14 players? Huuuh...?

Whether you're a vanilla or not, I guess I don't see what that has to do with the banana being a roleblock? Not that i see the logic in it being a role block either.
Anyway, Sophia, other people have already pointed that out, but I'll just rephrase it in the clearest way possible: How is Scum supposed to know what role you have? Therefore, how does you being Vanilla influence the chance of the banana being a roleblock?

I don't think they know what role I have, which is why I now have the Banana. A number of people were hinting that it could have been a roleblock, most noticeably Gorlak, and I noticed a pattern there and took the claim. I don't deny the fact that roleclaiming may have been a bad idea, but I wanted to get that information out there in case of a worst case scenario where this banana goes alien chestburster on me or there's an alignment switch or something.

I need to look back and look over nuke's posts and see if she indicated anything to her alignment or not.

I'm gonna be here until the final hour, if anyone wants to ask me questions. I apologize if my answers aren't the best, because I'm a bit sleep deprived due to the combination of nervousness over my claim + the Persoan event earlier. I'm a bit disappointed that outside of Flame_AC, a lot of the inactive people I called out are STILL very inactive and not providing much an opinion on the conversation. :\

cabot

Look, do we scum hunt and go for Sophia, a claimed ordinary, or do we try to go for inactives when we are in a position to do so?

After today, we're gonna have to go for those we think are scum, regardless of inactivity.

Today we can do either.

Kawl_USC

Also, we are close to a similar situation to day 1s votes with 4/2/2 instead of 5/3/3, but it's interesting to note the two votes on me are from the other two leaders, and the other two leaders were the first two votes on droplet yesterday as well.

I agree with what some others said about zipped position with the miller and it being a gambit and anything he doesn't agree with has to be a gambit as very odd. And that's why I think he's town. I very rarely see eye to eye with town zipped. His mistakes feel like the standards ones rather than being from the pressure of being scum. That's also why I think if there's scum between squid and zipped it's Squidy.

I hate ordinary claims, no good reason for them if you're town, Sophia had some misguided logic behind hers, after seeing her play in Gods though, I can sort of see her doing that as town.

Flame idk. I've seen both town and scum play ordinary claims like that in the past.

What are the numbers then? 14 players total, two vanilla flips, two vanilla claims and the only PR claim so far is a miller. Usual rule is that 50% of players in the game should be vanilla town, although that's hardly a set rule, especially if this game leans more heavily bastard. So it's very possible that all our vanillas so far are real. 4 in a game certainly isn't super hard to believe.

Hey Crimson,

Looking over the day I noticed something that's kind of interesting.

You were one of the couple of people who broke down the day end votes from day 1, saying it was flame, Royal, and star that came in to break the two way tie I had set up. Cool I think that's important information.

However you then turn around and say that liking at voting pattern isn't really useful until we get a scum flip. If you feel that way why bring into focus so early on in the day the votes from day 1 end?

I was responding to Sophia's previous comment on thoughts on the voting patterns, however since we don't know which, if any of the lynch candidates were scum yet, it's hard to predict how/if they'd have tried to influence the vote.

Gorlak

Banned
Eh, another ordinary? I don't know. Let Sophia survive because she claimed beforehand? I think not. I move my vote.

Vote: Sophia

Kawl_USC

I hate ordinary claims, no good reason for them if you're town, Sophia had some misguided logic behind hers, after seeing her play in Gods though, I can sort of see her doing that as town.

Flame idk. I've seen both town and scum play ordinary claims like that in the past.

What are the numbers then? 14 players total, two vanilla flips, two vanilla claims and the only PR claim so far is a miller. Usual rule is that 50% of players in the game should be vanilla town, although that's hardly a set rule, especially if this game leans more heavily bastard. So it's very possible that all our vanillas so far are real. 4 in a game certainly isn't super hard to believe.

I was responding to Sophia's previous comment on thoughts on the voting patterns, however since we don't know which, if any of the lynch candidates were scum yet, it's hard to predict how/if they'd have tried to influence the vote.

4 in a game isn't hard to believe, it's probably expected, but having the first 4 people under heavy suspicion/lynched/night killed all be vanilla is a pretty low chance even if 50% of the game is vanilla. 1/32 roughly.

And if it would be hard to predict how they would have influenced the vote, why open the days discussion by bringing it up? Doesn't that just muddy the waters?

cabot

The question is, Crimson, do we believe that we've come across a load of ordinaries first before we hit any PR?

I'm struggling to believe that we have.

Gorlak

Banned
Today we can do either.

So you are arguing we should vote out one of the inactives and look at everyone else tomorrow? A few posts back you said a flip on somebody with a lot of posts could potentially bear more useful information though?

cabot

So you are arguing we should vote out one of the inactives and look at everyone else tomorrow? A few posts back you said a flip on somebody with a lot of posts could potentially bear more useful information though?

I'm raising the question, I'd rather go for who I think is scum, but its best to know who believes what. We have a safety window currently.

Vote: Flame_AC

Your hinting at having a claim only to say you're vanilla reminds me greatly Of something that happened in PW. Of course the player in question was very suspicious in retrospect so.

4 in a game isn't hard to believe, it's probably expected, but having the first 4 people under heavy suspicion/lynched/night killed all be vanilla is a pretty low chance even if 50% of the game is vanilla. 1/32 roughly.

And if it would be hard to predict how they would have influenced the vote, why open the days discussion by bringing it up? Doesn't that just muddy the waters?

Also, how does everyone feel about the Droplet lynch train?

Comment directly before mine that I was responding too.

The question is, Crimson, do we believe that we've come across a load of ordinaries first before we hit any PR?

True, usually you'd have at least expected to have the doctor dead by now. :p We've been pretty low on role claims altogether this game, and I'm not denying the high possibility that one of them is lying. I was mostly looking at Kawls comment about another ordinary being super hard to believe and scum basing their decisions off that when I typed that point.

cabot

Alright Crimson, zipped/flame/squidy or Sophia?

If you had to choose between the two.

Follow up question: one of the ordinary claims or someone unclaimed like....zipped for example

Kawl_USC

Comment directly before mine that I was responding too.

True, usually you'd have at least expected to have the doctor dead by now. :p We've been pretty low on role claims altogether this game, and I'm not denying the high possibility that one of them is lying. I was mostly looking at Kawls comment about another ordinary being super hard to believe and scum basing their decisions off that when I typed that point.

Yea cool you were responding to that question with a recap and went into it being likely scum was spread around. But if you are of the opinion that looking at those voting records isn't useful until scum flips, why wasn't that your response to Sophia at that point?

Follow up question: one of the ordinary claims or someone unclaimed like....zipped for example

Almost goes without saying, not me. I know I'm town, it's those other people I know nothing about. Though between flame, Sophia and a not me person from your list? I would choose a person that had not claimed and was not me.

zipped/flame/squid. Although I would like to go and read back over Sophia's posts when I have the chance, I don't see her play too inconsistent with her Gods town play right now.

And I'm happy keeping my vote on Flame I think. Squid's contributions have been making me feel much better about him recently.

Sophia

Also Sophia since you're here, can you answer my question up above about why you didn't vote zipped?

Been uneasy about voting, especially after gettingj called out for my Stanley vote. And now I'm even more uneasy after seeing votes shift ordinary to Flame and him claim ordinary, which strikes me as a bit odd...

cabot

Why be shifty about a vote? You're going to be wrong as Town, that's a fact.

Banking on getting it right is a mistake, its nothing but trash. Stop thinking about the consequences and start thinking about the benefits.

Sorian

Banned
Half hour-ish warning

Vote Count

Flame_AC (3)
squidyj
CrimsonFist
Kawl_USC
Gorlak
cabot
Kawl_USC
squidyj
StarSketch

Zippedpinhead (3)
Gorlak
StanleyPalmtree
Royal_Flush
Sophia

Sophia (3)
Sophia
Flame_AC
cabot
squidyj
Kawl_USC
Gorlak
cabot

Kawl_USC (2)
cabot
Flame_AC
Zippedpinhead

squidyj (1)
Flame_AC
Flame_AC
flatearthpandas

Royal_Flush (0)
squidyj

flatearthpandas (0)
cabot

StanleyPalmtree (0)
cabot
Gorlak

cabot (0)
Kawl_USC

Day 2 ends in:
blu_1462482000.png

Kawl_USC

Can't say either of your answers really inspire any confidence/justify moving my vote off you.

Zipped really didn't have many posts day 1 and was set up as a candidate decently early, earlier than drop.

Gorlak

Banned
Flame hinted at something day 1 and gained some heat. Today he comes out with an ordinary claim. I'm inclined to believe him over Sophia.

If the tie isn't resolved I'll move my vote to zipped before deadline end.

Sorian

Banned
10 minute warning

Vote Count

Sophia (4)
Sophia
Flame_AC
cabot
squidyj
Kawl_USC
Gorlak
cabot
squidyj

Zippedpinhead (3)
Gorlak
StanleyPalmtree
Royal_Flush
Sophia

Flame_AC (2)
squidyj
CrimsonFist
Kawl_USC
Gorlak
cabot
Kawl_USC
squidyj
StarSketch

Kawl_USC (2)
cabot
Flame_AC
Zippedpinhead

squidyj (1)
Flame_AC
Flame_AC
flatearthpandas

Royal_Flush (0)
squidyj

flatearthpandas (0)
cabot

StanleyPalmtree (0)
cabot
Gorlak

cabot (0)
Kawl_USC

Day 2 ends in:
blu_1462482000.png

Kawl_USC

Going with Gorlak, the person currently on Sophia who is only switching in the event of a tie, which you just created?

Fuck you all

vote: Sophia

We are killing a town person here. I'm voting like this so that A) I don't die and B) we avoid flatearthpanda's tie.

I'm sorry Sophia;

Top Bottom