• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mumei

Oh, I just meant that Janelle is the only one who wouldn't be a total embarrassment on the tracks.

Beyonce has the special quality (like a Mariah I once knew) of elevating everything she puts vocals to. It's just the big red cherry on top that she happened to have some amazing material to begin with. This is the first album from her that, from start to finish, I appreciate on a level deeper than vocals.

Oh, I see. In that case, I agree.

And I agree that this is the first album of hers I've appreciated on a level deeper than the vocals. This is the first I've felt like I've been a fan of her, as opposed to just a fan of what she was doing with her voice.

Did you see the video's, Mumei? They compliment the songs quite well. And some of the visuals are amazing.

I watched it from start to finish yesterday. It's some great stuff and some of the best vids she's ever done.

I've actually only watched / listened to the videos so far. :x

Fey

Banned
What I find funny is how she's kinda saying fuck you to the people who complained that 4 was't pop or commercial enough.

The music on Beyoncé is even more dark and personal. She really doesn't give a shit.

This is what I liked a lot about the album. There is no obvious single or hit, and it feels like, with the way it was released and everything, that she doesn't care if it doesn't.

My aspiration in life... is to be happy...

----------
Either I've forgotten what Solange looks like, or never has there been a more familial look between them.
tumblr_mxrntkxOdF1r3uj73o9_1280.jpg

tumblr_mxrntkxOdF1r3uj73o5_1280.jpg

Driver, roll up the partition, please
I don't need you seeing Yoncé on her knees
Took 45 minutes to get all dressed up
We ain't even gonna make it to this club
Now my mascara running, red lipstick smudged
Oh, he so horny, yeah, he want to fuck
He popped all my buttons and he ripped my blouse
He Monica Lewinskied all on my gown

tumblr_mxszw9Wx9l1ql3sqmo6_250.gif

Majmun

Teaching the lessors as per.

I really hope she hits a 300k+ debut. Punch them all out the game some more.

300k would be pretty crazy considering the album is itunes exclusive and was released out of nowhere.

The physical copy will be released on dec 20th. That will boost the sales much more.

I'm defintely getting the physical copy with the dvd. The itunes version I'm currently listening to is from my gf. Bought it with her cc, lol. I don't have an itunes account.

Wilsongt

In the darkest night I’ll
I’ll search through the crowd
Your face is all that I see
I’ll give you everything
Baby love me lights out
Baby love me lights out
You can turn my light down

oprah5.gif

In the darkest night I'll
I'll search through the croooowd
I give you everything
Baby love me lights out
Baby love me lights out
You can turn my lights down

I love it like XO
You love me like XO
You kill me boy XO
You love me like XO
All that I see
Give me everything
Baby love me lights out
Baby love me lights out
You can turn my lights out

#crie

It's so euphoric with just a hint of melancholy lurking in the background. Such an incredible song.

In the darkest night I’ll
I’ll search through the crowd
I’ll give you everything
Baby love me lights out
Baby love me lights out
You can turn my light down

oprah5.gif

In the darkest night I'll
I'll search through the croooowd
I give you everything
Baby love me lights out
Baby love me lights out
You can turn my lights down

I love it like XO
You love me like XO
You kill me boy XO
You love me like XO
All that I see
Give me everything
Baby love me lights out
Baby love me lights out
You can turn my lights out

#crie

It's so euphoric with just a hint of melancholy lurking in the background. Such an incredible song.

I had a moment with XO earlier. Everyone's faves shouldn't have even bothered this year. It's not like they tried very hard anyway.
Except Katy Perry.
I mean:
tumblr_mxq7dnIHUn1qa42jro1_500.jpg

Really sis?

I'm still here for Gaga tho. I'm percheD for DWUW but I won't really care. For some reason, the difference between what Gaga did to what Bey did is polar opposite. I feel like I entered a whole other dimension when I listen to Bey and I can't hear Gaga. It's like I forgot what ArtPOP sounds like.

I'm still here for Gaga tho. I'm percheD for DWUW but I won't really care. For some reason, the difference between what Gaga did to what Bey did is polar opposite. I feel like I entered a whole other dimension when I listen to Bey and I can't hear Gaga. It's like I forgot what ArtPOP sounds like.

I don't even care about the music video anymore. It's going to be underwhelming and overdone because she's going to try and make some sort of statement when people CLEARLY do not want that shit anymore. I'd love for her to prove me wrong but this era has been pretty awful and become incredibly predictable.

Just release Gypsy as a single + music video same day and wrap up the ARTPOP era.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom