• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Partition

Banned
5/5
XO
Heaven
Blue
Haunted

4/5
Blow
Rocket
Partition
Mine

3/5
Flawless
Superpower
Drunk in Love
Pretty Hurts
Jealous
No Angel

There are no bad songs *.*

I don't mind Ghost being attached to Haunted and Yoncé being attached to Partition. If anything, I like it because I don't care for short interlude-esque tracks.

Styles

I like a few songs on BEYONSLAY, but for the most part, the album doesn't tickle my fancy. However, I do appreciate the effort that she's put into the album and understand the praise it's garnered.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I'm kinda glad Rih didn't rihlease this year

tumblr_mxtztcGtmg1qf48ngo1_250.gif

Majmun

likely

it does seem odd that she didn't release this fall when she did for the last 4 years

Yeah, that's strange. The illuminati got to her.

I wonder if Rih knew anything about this stealth released. Yes, or no, she has to listen to the boss anyway.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Yeah, that's strange. The illuminati got to her.

I wonder if Rih knew anything about this stealth released. Yes, or no, she has to listen to the boss anyway.

The Carter's are distributing their income throughout the year. Rihanna 8 in spring/summer as BEYONCE stops slaying the charts.

Majmun

I'm still pressed why Bey and Rih haven't done a collab yet. It has the potential to murder urban radio.

Anyway...twitter time

jYPfENcQKfYsS.jpg

ilvNufpDxFF5r.gif

Servbot24

Banned
Kii. I was ready for Bey to flop tbh. But did I lie? She was irrelevant for most of the year before she dropped the album of the year and cunt punched every bitch out of the game.

So are artists supposed to have a single out every month of the year? Bey doesn't wanna serve fast food like Rih, she's gotta take her time and stew that goodness.

I wonder if artists do start feeling a little shady to their peers because of fans? I know Katy was just as happy as the rest of us for Bey's return but then the pics and gifs with her in it, I wonder if she felt a type of way?

I feel like I would a little. As a newer artist in the game that obviously isn't on levels of Bey to pull something like this off. To throw me in her Beypocalypse would make me fume a bit. Like, Bitch I'm coming for your neck next year.

The craziness is some of those countries just went through natural disaster, probably got no Internet and still managed to buy the album. Damn son. Beynado for real.

But wait, if this album is doing so well, how the hell did 4 do so bad? Was it the leaks that killed the album?

Edit: I got to give it up to her producer Boots. The guy became a superstar in 48 hours. His business lines opened up like crazy. Since he's part of Roc Nation.... I think we can be percheD for Rihs return. He makes witch house music with a mix of R&B and hip hop. The Carter family just got a whole lot richer.

Zutroy

Floppier numbers than Bionic?

Music people are here? Britney Jean?

35 thousand more copies than xtina's latest effort, and with next to no effort. Plus a $30 million residency deal. Yeah, I bet Brit is wishing every night to have xtina's career prospects, ha!

royalan

35 thousand more copies than xtina's latest effort, and with next to no effort. Plus a $30 million residency deal. Yeah, I bet Brit is wishing every night to have xtina's career prospects, ha!

Oh

That's right

There are still some people who believe that Vegas residency won't end up being a gigantic embarrassment.

Isn't Britney hanging it up tho? My BFFL told me that since Broken Jean flopped, she was thinking of retiring.

I never thought the residency was going to do her any justice. It was dumb to begin with and was the nail in the coffin in her career. Once you go Vegas, you never come back from Vegas. That's strictly a legacy act and if your as big as Britney, she shouldn't have been there. She can't dance as good, she can't sing, and no one cares anymore.

I can't even be harsh on Xtina so much because her career resides in a seat but at least she's more active there than Brit has been in the last couple of years. Brit could of came out strong but will.i.am killed her. She should of never.

Zutroy

Isn't Britney hanging it up tho? My BFFL told me that since Broken Jean flopped, she was thinking of retiring.

I never thought the residency was going to do her any justice. It was dumb to begin with and was the nail in the coffin in her career. Once you go Vegas, you never come back from Vegas. That's strictly a legacy act and if your as big as Britney, she shouldn't have been there. She can't dance as good, she can't sing, and no one cares anymore.

I can't even be harsh on Xtina so much because her career resides in a seat but at least she's more active there than Brit has been in the last couple of years. Brit could of came out strong but will.i.am killed her. She should of never.

There's been rumours of her 'retiring' but that has nothing to do with BJ's performance. She's mentioned that after her residency she'd like to have another couple of kids.

I'm sure BJ would have performed a lot better if she got out there and promoted it a bit, but it's been more like a side project for her, all the attention has been on the tour. She's been rehearsing almost constantly for the last 4 months now. And I'm sure the show is going to be great, her type of music almost seems perfect for the party atmosphere of Vegas.

Plus I think the bolded is rubbish. You don't think Celine, Shania or Elton could sell out if they went back on the road again? In fact, I'm sure Elton is. [E] Just checked and Celine also had a sold out tour between her residency.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
TBH Britney did the same amount of promo Xtina did for Lotus which is really none. The didn't seem to care if their albums flop or had success The only ones giving a damn are the stans.
KuGsj.gif

Zutroy

Christina performed at the AMAs, The Voice performances, Ellen and the Jimmy Fallon show.

She pretty much gave up and when back to sitting on her chair when all of the above failed to make any impact.

Bladenic

I seriously haven't seen any of the videos because I watched Yoncé video first and I just keep watching it over and over. I love it.

DMeisterJ

Banned
She thoroughly punched me out of the game with her alberm. I haven't listened to any other songs over the past 48 hours. This alberm and Queen Drake's will be the only ones I will be using as we transition into 2014. It has been a SHIT year for music aside from these two [ m a s t e r p i e c e s ]

Driver, roll up the partition, fast
Over there I swear I saw them cameras flash
Handprints and footprints on my glass
Handprints and good grips all on my ass
Private show with the music blasting
He like to call me Peaches when we get this nasty
Red wine drip, talk that trash
Chauffer eavesdropping trying not to crash

Oh there daddy, d-daddy now you ripped my fur
Oh baby, b-baby be sweatin' out my hair
Took 45 minutes to get all dressed up
We ain't even gonna make it to this club

tumblr_mxuo4gZdNb1qkm71zo1_500.gif

500K sales in 48 hours? Holy shit.

#BOWDOWN

Also, I am not against BLOW being the lead single. Good choice.

That, and Drunk In Love. What perfect strategy.

Looking forward to XO as a single in January.

But when will Pretty Hurts? :((

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom