• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.
ifoVcdRwfcX1e.gif

Majmun

It took Bey only three days to annihilate the other girls.

Bey's first week sales >> Prism+Artpop+Britney Jean combined.

They didn't see this massacre coming. Only Rih did.

Mumei

Yasss

Stan it

I honestly LOVE that track.

@_@

I do think that the re-uploaded version was better than what we first listened to, but the lyrics remain completely uninspired and awkward, and the production is weak. Her lyrics were really my main issues with both Triumphant and The Art of Letting Go, more than anything else. She sounds great on the latter and parts of the former, but the lyrics are just awkward and overly word-y. It's hardly the worst of the year (hi, Roar. hi, Let Her Go), but I want better from her.

Koodo

Banned
(wait)

The song is magnificent because it sounds like she just stepped into the studio and VENTED. The production compliments these Emotions.

ART

Not you forgetting Loose.

I know Furtado is as relevant as your local mall performer these days. But that album still absolutely punches.
Leona just scored a top 3 hit today, breaking the record as the UK female with the most Top 5 singles.

She might not be relevant here, but she still has a healthy pulse SOMEWHERE. "It's under 9000!!!" isn't as fortunate.

Majmun

http://vimeo.com/81891137

I just can't with this video/song. So short and yet so powerful.

It would probably flop on the charts but it's so good. The Carters snatching Boots up has made me very excited. I hope he'll also work on Rihanna's next album.

Next year if Xtina releases a new album, I can't wait to see him declare it the best album of the year.

i2kfNNwD8wS8d.gif

It could be. But given her recent track record I'm inclined to believe it would be in line with Bionic and Lotus. Bloated and forgettable.

royalan

I love how whenever I see Godel's posted in the thread, I can that before I click that it was in response to something I said.

Either way, Bangerz slays, and haters can hate.

Mumei

(wait)

The song is magnificent because it sounds like she just stepped into the studio and VENTED. The production compliments these Emotions.

ART

I can see that. I mean it works if you think of it as her just going into the studio and getting emotions out. I've been more glass half empty, seeing her rambling lyrics and hookless production as being symptomatic of latter-day Mariah's aversion to hummable melodies, tendency to say in fifty words what she could say in three, and refusal to recognize that what might work in speech doesn't necessarily work as well when set to music.

I'll try giving it another chance when I'm worn out from stanning Beyoncé's magnificence, tho

royalan

He does. It's very admirable. I wish he still held his position for the Queen but it's too late for that I guess. Welp.

Huh? I'm still holding my position for Bey. I still think the album is great. I think all three of those albums are Best of the Year (from the main Pop girls).

But, if I HAD to rank the three, I think Miley took more creative risks in the end, and it paid off more often than not.

Majmun

Wow, is Perra's new song bombing or what? Her record company has already announced Dark Horse as the third single.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Wow, is Perra's new song bombing or what? Her record company has already announced Dark Horse as the third single.

The tremors from 12/13 were so powerful they travelled back in time and retroactively punched Katy out of the game.

Fey

Banned

Ya.

And I don't know if it's the announcement or what but DH is already climbing and is higher than both Roar and UC on itunes.

Majmun

Huh? I'm still holding my position for Bey. I still think the album is great. I think all three of those albums are Best of the Year (from the main Pop girls).

But, if I HAD to rank the three, I think Miley took more creative risks in the end, and it paid off more often than not.

Bangers more creative than Bey? Lol

I like the album but a lot of the songs sound like Rihanna(we can't stop/adore you)/Perra(wrecking ball) scraps.

From what I've heard there is no creative risk. It was a plain pop album with regular ballads that weren't complex, with low production levels, okay vocals, and outlandish videos. Bangerz disappointed imo. But better than Beyoncé? Not even by a millimeter. Beyoncé whole album is a creative risk. We all know Bey is not this ratchet, outspoken all in your face chick that we all knew her as. She took a risk that might spoil her image and did what no one ever could calculate she would of done especially after the Bow Down scandal. And yet the song still made the cut. Mike will got owned by a new producer that just got signed and made the best album of 2013. Bangerz could never. But it's all opinions...

royalan

Bangers more creative than Bey? Lol

I like the album bust a lot of the songs sound like Rihanna(we can't stop/adore you)/Perra(wrecking ball) scraps.

Well yeah, Beyonce is a very tight album but, musically, it's not outside of Beyonce's wheelhouse. I don't think Beyonce pushed herself with this album; she released a very solid album in the style that she specializes in.

Bangerz is such a huge departure from the type of music Miley made previously. It's an incredibly daring album from a young 20-something who had every reason in the world to not rock the boat, but did anyway. And that weird Trap/Pop/Bluegrass style she seemingly concocted just for this album really works in some places.

From what I've heard there is no creative risk. It was a plain pop album with regular ballads that weren't complex, with low production levels, okay vocals, and outlandish videos. Bangerz disappointed imo. But better than Beyoncé? Not even by a millimeter. Beyoncé whole album is a creative risk. We all know Bey is not this ratchet, outspoken all in your face chick that we all knew her as. She took a risk that might spoil her image and did what no one ever could calculate she would of done especially after the Bow Down scandal. And yet the song still made the cut. Mike will got owned by a new producer that just got signed and made the best album of 2013. Bangerz could never. But it's all opinions...

I take it you've never listened to B'Day (or I Am...Sasha Fierce)...

Majmun

Prism is concentrated trash. I hope all of its next singles bomb. Perra is such a bad "singer" and "artist". Her ability to be so untalented sickens me.

She can look quite hot sometimes, though.

Well yeah, Beyonce is a very tight album but, musically, it's not outside of Beyonce's wheelhouse. I don't think Beyonce pushed herself with this album; she released a very solid album in the style that she specializes in.

Bangerz is such a huge departure from the type of music Miley made previously. It's an incredibly daring album from a young 20-something who had every reason in the world to not rock the boat, but did anyway. And that weird Trap/Pop/Bluegrass style she seemingly concocted just for this album really works in some places.

Listen to Haunted please.

Otherwise agreed. The album is vocally and lyrically unadventurous - videos are a different matter entirely though.

But taking a risk for the sake of taking a risk isn't exactly admirable if the results are shit. Bangers is no Stripped, in other words.

Dark Horse has been getting more radio play than Unconditionally. It's also been selling better. And it's thrashing it on Spotify's streaming charts.

That would be why they went with it. Not Dark Horse being a dark horse.

What about B'day or Sasha Fierce was about her Giving Head, Squeezing ass, Monica Lewinsky all on my gown? None. This is ratchet Bey. That was constructed sex. It wasn't dirty nor as descriptive as this album is. Plus those had a lot more female empowerment songs behind it. She literally let her stank out whether we like it or not. None of her album straight up says, "Yes, I fuck my man harder than all you bitches." like this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom