• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beyonce's Top 5 Most Underrated Bops

1. Welcome To Hollywood (amazing track)
2. Kitty Kat
3. Flaws and All
4. World Wide Woman
Nuclear
(you know it's true though)

Basically, shame on all ya'll for paying B'Day dust. Bey's best album remains unbothered.

I was hoping she'd have followed Ariana's footsteps in heralding a grand return to that crisp, breezy early 00s R&B sound. But her new album has come closer to satisfying my thirst than anything else she's done since B'Dumping On Your Faves.

ierkuveO6Ezrr.gif

Christina being in the company of the likes of Mariah, Whitney, Aretha, and Ella Fitzgerald.

Christina being ahead of Mariah.

This list is truly only fit to be printed out and used as toilet paper.

tmarques

Thanks for the opportunity to post my favourite GIF ever.

yNQhJkK.gif

I love that she's smoking in a recording studio. Girl has no idea what she's doing at this point. It's sad really.

royalan

Seethe at Yahoo giving Xtina fair credit.

And honestly, Christina's ranking makes sense.

Hate her vocals all you want, and I won't try to say that all of the hate is unfounded (though some of it definitely is), but she's called "Voice of Our Generation" for a reason.

Christina Aguilera came along at a time when vocals in Pop music were dead last on the priorities list, and she made every chick trying it step their pussies up. In the early 2000s Christina Aguilera's success singlehandedly made singing important in Pop music again, and we saw scores of girls debut after her that tried to make it big on the same "I'm a pretty Pop singer who can actually sing!" ticket that Christina basically created at the time.

Not to mention the fact that her early albums are vocal feats. Show me the 20-year-old who could record Walk Away or Fighter.

Christina's voice may not be what it used to be, but there are very few singers in the Pop game more known for their vocals than her, ESPECIALLY when she debuted. And her influence is vast for this reason.

Don't let some pressed Youtube videos convince you of otherwise.

28. Patti Labelle

The mere fact that Patti LaBelle is behind so called Voices of Generations and can sing circles around pretty much everyone one that list 50-some years into her career makes this list BS.
ib1mfgoCgrRrKq.gif

Beyonce's Top 5 Most Underrated Bops

1. Welcome To Hollywood (amazing track)
2. Kitty Kat
3. Flaws and All
4. World Wide Woman
Nuclear
(you know it's true though)

Basically, shame on all ya'll for paying B'Day dust. Bey's best album remains unbothered.

I was hoping she'd have followed Ariana's footsteps in heralding a grand return to that crisp, breezy early 00s R&B sound. But her new album has come closer to satisfying my thirst than anything else she's done since B'Dumping On Your Faves.

ierkuveO6Ezrr.gif

Kitty Kat was my hoe anthem for a while. I wish she made a full video for it than some 30 second sneak peak. Love that song. B'day will remain her best era for life.

royalan

28. Patti Labelle

The mere fact that Patti LaBelle is behind so called Voices of Generations and can sing circles around pretty much everyone one that list 50-some years into her career makes this list BS.
ib1mfgoCgrRrKq.gif

"Hew is Patti Labelle tho?" asked the befuddled General Public.

Vocally Patti Labelle slays most of the people on the list but, relatively, Patti is a nobody to the majority of people. Hateretha is right: Patti doesn't know what it's like to be booked.

Stefan™;93762143 said:
So "XO" is the lead single alongside DIL?

Perfect choices, not gonna lie.
Still not sure if it's confirmed. All the official reports said Blow and DIL, then XO next year.

We'll see on Tuesday I guess.

Styles

Still not sure if it's confirmed. All the official reports said Blow and DIL, then XO next year.

We'll see on Tuesday I guess.

From HDD: http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi

EXCLUSIVE: Two singles from Beyonce’ s blockbuster Q4 surprise have been selected for radio, we’ve just learned: “XO” (written by Ryan Tedder of OneRepublic) will go to Top 40 tomorrow, while “Drunk in Love,” a duet with Jay Z, will impact at Urban. Videos for both tracks will premiere on VEVO tomorrow. Details of physical product are being finalized as Team Columbia, Beyonce’s Team Parkwood and iTunes work together to bring the superstar’s vision to fruition. (12/15p)

They are usually quite reliable, but we'll see.

Mumei

Top 250 Female Singers of the 20th Century

According to Yahoo

Did your fave make it? and will Mumei drag this list?

Xtina >>>>>>>> Mariah & Bey according to the list. So yes he will

Did you have to ask?

I don't know that calling this Yahoo's rankings is necessarily accurate, though. Isn't this just some random's opinion who happens to be using Yahoo as a platform?

In any case, it's a terrible list. She says that she "used a mix between influential singers, the talent of the singers, and the uniqueness of the vocals" to collate the list. Why is Maria Callas #11, when every singer ranked higher is less talented and has not had - Aretha, Ella, and Barbra aside - nearly the influence on vocal performance within their chosen genre? Even if you include the frankly subjective "uniqueness" category, what is more unique than a voice that shows up less than once a generation, and hadn't been seen in over a century before she showed up? And she's only the most egregious example. Once she opens the door for opera, she then only references Lilli Lehmann and Elisabeth Schwarzkopf. They deserve to be on a list like this, but why is it limited to those three? Where is Rosa Ponselle? Or Fleming? Or Price? Nilsson? Flagstad? Hallstein? DiDonato? Bartoli? Netrebko? von Stade? Podles? Deutekom? And these are just some of the bigger names of the recorded era. I think that not excluding opera singers in a list like this a mistake simply because they dominate the "skill" category by such a wide degree.

Even if you pretend she didn't make this mistake, the list itself is absurd. In what universe is Barbra Streisand a less talented, less influential, and less unique voice than Christina Strickland? There's so many hundreds of things wrong with this list it'd never end if I tried to be comprehensive in my dragging, so let me stop.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
The intro to Drunk in Love is incredible, one of my favourite 'moments' on the album (and there are so many to pick from, a truly remarkable piece of work)

Yado

And though
Its been long
So so long, to be here
And though
I was wrong
It took you, to appear

Before, I would run from you
But now
I come to you

iHcQjjxHCacKE.gif

Majmun

Did you have to ask?

I don't know that calling this Yahoo's rankings is necessarily accurate, though. Isn't this just some random's opinion who happens to be using Yahoo as a platform?

In any case, it's a terrible list. She says that she "used a mix between influential singers, the talent of the singers, and the uniqueness of the vocals" to collate the list. Why is Maria Callas #11, when every singer ranked higher is less talented and has not had - Aretha, Ella, and Barbra aside - nearly the influence on vocal performance within their chosen genre? Even if you include the frankly subjective "uniqueness" category, what is more unique than a voice that shows up less than once a generation, and hadn't been seen in over a century before she showed up? And she's only the most egregious example. Once she opens the door for opera, she then only references Lilli Lehmann and Elisabeth Schwarzkopf. They deserve to be on a list like this, but why is it limited to those three? Where is Rosa Ponselle? Or Fleming? Or Price? Nilsson? Flagstad? Hallstein? DiDonato? Bartoli? Netrebko? von Stade? Podles? Deutekom? And these are just some of the bigger names of the recorded era. I think that not excluding opera singers in a list like this a mistake simply because they dominate the "skill" category by such a wide degree.

Even if you pretend she didn't make this mistake, the list itself is absurd. In what universe is Barbra Streisand a less talented, less influential, and less unique voice than Christina Strickland? There's so many hundreds of things wrong with this list it'd never end if I tried to be comprehensive in my dragging, so let me stop.

draggedT anyway

I had a feeling you could write a whole collection of books that drags that article.
But it's definitely not worth the time. That list is just...ugh

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
WaiT at the version of Grown Woman in the bonus video shitting a bit

You can see why it's not on the album tho, it doesn't gel strongly enough with the rest of the album

Hey sexy lady
Shake your ass like that, ass like that, ass like that
Hey pretty boy
Shake your ass like that, ass like that, ass like that
The boys in the city make the beat so hot
Beat so hot, beat so hot
I like the way you move
Workin' up my groove
No stoppin' when the sun goes down

9i6SsMO.gif

I can't stop. When will Xtina release such a bop?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I can't stop. When will Xtina release such a bop?

(Come on, get into to it, ah, do it, uh, do it like a 9 to 5)
(I said do it, ah, do it, uh, do it 'til you good and tired)

He-hey
I was sitting all alone, yeah
A lot on my mind
Felt a tap on my shoulder
I rolled my eyes
I wasn't in the mood for another man
Telling me lies
How can a girl say no when
You flash that sexy smile and you say

Aa-ey-ey (hey!)
I wanna see you get nasty (is that right?)
I wanna see you shake yo ass, yeah (hey)
He-hey

N.A.S.T.Y, you nasty
But baby I don't mind
I love the way you're talking nasty
You know you're just my type (boy you just so nasty)
N.A.S.T.Y, you nasty
But baby I don't mind
Love the way you're talking nasty
You know you're just my type

In the middle of the floor now, and I just don't care
See my body so low now, crowd stops and stares
Let 'em say what they want, but I'm feeling it
And it's for you baby
Tell me how can a girl say no
When you're calling out to me and you say

Aa-ey-ey (hey!)
I wanna see you get nasty (is that right)
He-hey

N.A.S.T.Y, you nasty
But baby I don't mind (noh)
You know you're just my type (boy you just so nasty) (ooh)
N.A.S.T.Y, you nasty
But baby I don't mind (oh oh oh oh yeah)
You know you're just my type

What's your fantasy? (oh, nasty, nasty)
Tell them all to me (oh, nasty, nasty)
Don't you be afraid (oh, nasty, nasty)
Share your nasty secrets
Baby, hey

Aa-ey-ey (hey!)
I wanna see you get nasty (is that right)
He-hey

N.A.S.T.Y, you nasty
Boy you just so nasty (hey!)
N.A.S.T.Y, you nasty
But baby I don't mind
You know you're just my type (boy you just so nasty)
N.A.S.T.Y, you nasty
But baby I don't mind
Boy, you just so
Nasty

Unreleased and taken by Pixie Lott

Re-listened to Bangers after reading roy's searing praise. Now I'm convinced that he only likes it ironically.

Only two tracks (FU and Rooting For My Baby) are even somewhat usable. And only because her vocals are shockingly good in the former, and the vibe is very Madonna chill in the latter.

Overall, the album is gutter trash. And not even the too hard to look away, trainwreck variety.

royalan

Re-listened to Bangers after reading roy's searing praise. Now I'm convinced that he only likes it ironically.

Only two tracks (FU and Rooting For My Baby) are even somewhat usable. And only because her vocals are shockingly good in the former, and the vibe is very Madonna chill in the latter.

Overall, the album is gutter trash. And not even the too hard to look away, trainwreck variety.

You don't even like Adore You?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom