• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_mww4dwi5TI1smh6ngo1_500.png

ICONIC

WB would have to click a significant amount of US only streams to overcome the over 2:1 sales deficit tho.

True. We will see how many views the video gets over the next couple days.

At its peak WB had 25 million streams in one week. The average #1 has 5-7.

If it can get anywhere near that again nothing can stop it.

Actually. Now that I think about it..... there COULD be some truth to them manipulating the chart with the streaming rule.

I was very surprised by Dope's top 10 bump due to a LIVE performance.

Youtube uses a program to track down ALL videos that use at least 30 seconds of a song. Obviously it is automated since there are so many videos to search though.

However, it would not be able to identify a live performance. Meaning that it had to have been added manually, and as far as I know there is no evidence that any other artist has had this sort of bump in streams from a live performance video. Reeks of manipulation to me.

最終電車に 揺られてる
このまま遠くへ行きたくて
aah aaaaah aah 遠回り
ahhh ahh ah 夢をみて

sbg207_twirl.gif

when will western girl groups tbh

I don't get how this album is doing so regular. I think this is one of her best albums. At some point, I can't say well, "She should of stayed Famega" when FameGa is over. This is her trying something, not necessarily new, different.

Mumei

I would be interested in Mumei's thoughts on Jared Leto's voice. He was hitting some pretty impressive notes in that Stay cover.

I'll listen to it later today. I loved him in Dallas Buyers Club. I would say he stole the show, but McConaughey was honestly just as good.

DMeisterJ

Banned
6. EMINEM - The Monster f/Rihanna: 136.554 (+ 4.709)

The queen of radio coming for her next #1 on radio songs and the hot 100.

ibbpLrCvWaQryD.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
2009: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3) - 1,501,964
2011: Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3) - 524,217
2013: Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII (PS3) - 277,082

Lighting and her Artpop

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Very high.

Will be top 10 on the Hot 100 for sure next week, and it is doing well on radio.

bless. just a cheesy, wonderful bop. i foresee a lot of people claiming they hate it before they rush to the dance floor to dance when it plays.

Need to do my daily gloating over 1D.

1. Story Of My Life has gotten big updates on radio for the last 3 days. Looks like this song has chance to get big on radio.

2. SOML is also perched in the top 3 in itunes (likely to be top 10 on Hot 100 next week) 5 weeks after release. So much for 1 hit wonders/no longevity.

3. Album sold 26,860 copies in Japan in ONE DAY. Essentially they are making Gaga and Avril look irrelevant in the country.

Gaga: 18k <--- Local Bitch
Avril: 14k <--- Local Bitch 2

4. "One Direction has grossed $78.3 million on 81 of the 134 shows the band has reported to Billboard BoxScore thus far, with an attendance of 1.2 million to the group's first global arena tour."

That puts them on track for 120 million. Next years tour will be MUCH bigger.

Bye pressed cunts!

iqf6bOiuLDkry.gif

I think "Donatella" is one of the most surprisingly bold songs on the album.

I kept saying that this song sounded like a strong track from "The Fame," but I didn't realize why until now. It's a song about fame and fortune from the perspective of the outside looking in. And yet, Gaga knows Donatella personally. Even more, Gaga's FRIENDS with Donatella, and also happens to live at the forefront of fashion culture.

She knows all the true tea when it comes to that world, and yet with this song, she sings about the same kinds of silly stereotypes and shallow imagery that people who aren't part of that world assume that it's all about. I think that's really, really ballsy for her, who's so engulfed in that world and obviously loves it so much, to kind of mock it while standing where we are, kind of telling us "yes bitch, it's aaaalll true."

The fact that this song exists tells me that her jaded ideas about runway/designer culture are actually pretty accurate. I wonder what Donatella herself thinks about this song since Gaga pinned her name on all of high fashion's worst attributes ("you just had a salad today," "I'm gonna wear designer and forget your name," "get a spray tan on holiday, in Taipei," "I'm a little bit of a bitch"). It's a satiric song of course, but it's pretty telling that even when she's knee-deep in celebrity culture she still probably looks at it as an outsider, or feels like one anyway.

Kyon

Banned
Well it's not as if Gaga is a fashion icon or actual expert

*RoyalanKirstenDunstDisgustedFaceGif*

EDIT:

You dont even need to wait for Dec 26...

FFX = 1,906,152
FFX-2 = 1,561,553
FFXII = 1,764,00

Nnnn but sis I already USED this for a while. It outselling it AGAIN will be even better.

Trigger

Need to do my daily gloating over 1D.

1. Story Of My Life has gotten big updates on radio for the last 3 days. Looks like this song has chance to get big on radio.

2. SOML is also perched in the top 3 in itunes (likely to be top 10 on Hot 100 next week) 5 weeks after release. So much for 1 hit wonders/no longevity.

3. Album sold 26,860 copies in Japan in ONE DAY. Essentially they are making Gaga and Avril look irrelevant in the country.

Gaga: 18k <--- Local Bitch
Avril: 14k <--- Local Bitch 2

4. "One Direction has grossed $78.3 million on 81 of the 134 shows the band has reported to Billboard BoxScore thus far, with an attendance of 1.2 million to the group's first global arena tour."

That puts them on track for 120 million. Next years tour will be MUCH bigger.

Bye pressed cunts!

Slaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

C'mon C'mon came on my iPod right when I read this post too. What kind of cosmic coincidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom