• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Shut the fuck up.
ibbtFOnzWgQ3EU.gif
dddddddd i LIVE
Caterpillar Kills isn't on YouTube or Spotify. How can one slay when they can't be found?

This link doesn't work for you? http://open.spotify.com/album/40QPyCOqxGZD6AT87KdNtH

So I was formally introduced to Kylie Minogue last night by way of the Aphrodite Tour on youtube. I knew next to nothing about her or her music so it was a much-needed orientation.

Very high-caliber production, it's kind of amazing. Makes other stage shows look really tacky in comparison. I would honestly like her songs a lot more if I didn't hate her voice so much. It works for her but it's too high-pitched and feminine for me. I like a little husk or timbre in my pop vocals. If Gaga had her discography I'd be living. That said the production in her songs seems pretty one-note; she's drowned out by synths and quadruple-layered vocals that never really shine.

Also the men are hooooooooot. She was elegant and demure but she acted more as a sort of centerfold in an art piece than a high-octane performer. It was cute and pretty but she doesn't get me amped or inspired.

I'll keep an eye out for Aphrodite though. Seems like a fun record even with my hangups.

SaintZ

Lorde bactracks about her earlier comments about Nicki and Drake (but not Lana)
It looks like Lorde is backtracking yet again…

The 17-year-old is clarifying previous comments made during a recent sit-down with Interview magazine in which she slammed Nicki Minaj and Drake's music.

But according to the Kiwi, just because their music doesn't resonate with her, doesn't mean she isn't a fan.

"Nice try @ComplexMag, but I have nothing but love and admiration for both nicki and drake (have said this x1000)," she wrote on her Twitter page.

"Just because their songs aren't my reality (being 17 and from Auckland) doesn't mean I don't admire their musicianship and careers!"

The "Royals" singer's original comments stated that she didn't think today's rap or pop stars were relatable for people her age.

"Around the middle of last year I started listening to a lot of rap, like Nicki Minaj and Drake, as well as pop singers like Lana Del Rey. They all sing about such opulence, stuff that just didn't relate to me—or anyone that I knew," she said.

"I began thinking, 'How are we listening to this? It's completely irrelevant.'"

Lorde isn't a stranger to changing her tune after making a few jabs at other artists.

She most recently admitted that she regretted the statements she made about Taylor Swift .

"I think i cocked that up a bit and what i said wasn't put in context also," the singer-songwriter wrote on her Tumblr.

But the drama was water under the bridge to T.Swift, as the two were spotted grabbing lunch together in New York City earlier this month.
i0CDzqjIgjq5j.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Kylie is the true queen of the gays
icajg2nbd3h3O.gif

edit; Lorde is a cunt. There is truly nothing else to say about her.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Enough of this cruel, cruel Azealia shade.
The end of the year is nigh, and the time has come to catchup on albums people may have missed.

Rudimental_Home.jpg

Home is an undeniable gem that you should all go listen to, especially if you are fans of Disclosure or Major Lazer. It features the vocal talents of Emile Sande, Foxes, John Newman and several others. The best chill album released this year.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I thought about making a post last night for that Rudimental album, and after checking the old threads, was surprised to see you were the only person who ever mentioned it.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Drake the queen her multiformat smash "Hold On (Rih) We're Going Home" logs its 11th week in the top 10

Queen better clock!

I was surprised to see he was #3 on the radio. He is the only rapper that gets that kind of airplay without using Rihanna as a crutch (Eminem).

Matt_

I thought about making a post last night for that Rudimental album, and after checking the old threads, was surprised to see you were the only person who ever mentioned it.

It's a fantastic album that deserves a lot more credit than it gets. Even the album OT was really dead. Either way its my most played album of the year at the moment

Rolling Stone really stans for Britney. Very, uh, unexpected.

It's interesting that they have such high standards for Kanye and Gaga and yet they really let go of that uptight-ness with people like Britney, and because of it they benefit review-wise. I think the idea of approaching Britney with that kind of obnoxious "real music lover" mentality defeats the whole purpose of liking her music. I just wished they kept that mentality for everybody and just enjoy the music for what it is and not for what it isn't. Then again we all do that a bit don't we.

There’s nothing that I’d take back,
But it’s hard to say there’s nothing I regret.
Cause when I sing, you shout,
I breath out loud,
You bleed, we crawl like animals,
But when it’s over, I’m still away.
A thousand silhouettes dancing on my chest,
No matter where I sleep, you are haunting me,
But I’m already there,
I’m already there.

ic1y0vh0S7awj.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
BJ's Metacritic is (unsurprisingly) tumbling down now that more reviews are coming in. TBH I'd personally probably peg it at about...61.

SaintZ

I don't know what to think about Lea. When she sang pop songs on Glee she tended to sound chimpmunky.

I still want her to suceed tho because she obvlously has talent and this year has been awful to her.

DMeisterJ

Banned
So... I was driving today in the rain, and Ashanti's hit single "The Woman You Love" came on, and I bopped. Y'all need to stan for the R&B Hit of 2012

idHXzIBs6fEqZ.gif

Kyon

Banned
Hold on Tight shits on ARTPOP, PRISM and BANGERZ.

She wrote that shit all by herself and killed it. Sounds like a freaking Broken Hearted ANGEL. That pre chorus and BRIDGE.

HELP MEEE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom