• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaintZ

Beautiful. Sleigh.

izDHDS88n7ERy.gif
Wait is that Ellie? I thought it was Ashley Tisdale :rip:

One Direction have broken a UK sales record with their latest DVD release.

The boyband released their documentary and live concert movie This Is Us yesterday (December 19), and sold over 170,000 DVD/Blu-ray copies during the first day, reports The Official Charts Company.

It marked the biggest first-day sales for a music DVD/Blu-ray ever in UK chart history.

The previous record holder was Michael Jackson's This Is It, which sold 109,000 copies across two days upon its release in February 2010.

Take That are in third place with their The Circus Live selling 95,000 copies across two days back in November 2009.

What's more, One Direction's This Is Us has also topped the overall DVD chart for the week after just 24 hours on sale.

It has beaten blockbuster releases such as Man of Steel, Despicable Me 2 and Manchester United film The Class Of '92 to the top spot.

"It has been quite a year for 1D and their fans - and they are continuing that right through into Christmas," said Official Charts Company chief executive Martin Talbot.

"Every act goes into the festive season hoping to secure the Official Christmas Number 1 album, but if they manage to pull off the album and video double at such a competitive time of the year - that will be some achievement.

"If current performance is maintained, we could be looking at a 1D Christmas in 2013!" (source)

They getting that $$$

Bladenic

Cynosureeeeee, welcome back *.*

I love those. No Angel has this very dark mood surrounding it. Her vocals annoyed me at first, but now I think they fit the song perfectly.

Mine just slays. It's one of my favorites actually.

I love all of the tracks. My least played tracks are Heaven and Blue, tho. They're not bad, but the rest is just so much better.

Yes stan for Mine. I also don't bother with Heaven nor Blue.

Partition and Mine are my favorite videos too. Well except Yoncé which is GOAT.

Bladenic

Yeah there's really nothing special about it at all, and Lea is definitely doing her best Sia impression. But it's usable, for sure.

I don't expect anything outstanding from Lea's album because I don't believe she's really meant to be a pop singer, but I'll still give it a whirl.

royalan

Yeah there's really nothing special about it at all, and Lea is definitely doing her best Sia impression. But it's usable, for sure.

I don't expect anything outstanding from Lea's album because I don't believe she's really meant to be a pop singer, but I'm still give it a whirl.

Yes. Stan.

I'm not sure what to expect from Lea's album, either. She's not really a good uptempo girl, but I expect a few good ballads.

royalan

I heard that she originally promised Target an exclusivity and then reneged on it.

If so...Bless Target for holding to their principles. Somebody has to.

Bladenic

Then I fill the tub up halfway then ride it with my surfboard
Surfboard, surfboard
Graining on that wood, graining, graining on that wood
I'm swerving on that, swerving, swerving on that big body Benz
Serving all this, swerve, surfing all of this good good

I live for this part. Yoncé, her dirty mind.

Bladenic

Can't believe a remix featuring Rick Ross of all people is real, while the version with Xtina won't get an official studio release.

Aguila

#ICONIC
She isn't willing to use Phoenix Downguilera to revive her single just yet.

But she basically has already. DWUW has gotten a nice increase on iTunes since the Voice performance.

In Perra news, i c Unconditionally flopped and Dark Horse is the cockroach song that won't go away.

royalan

All this good will Christina has gotten in the last few pages really warms my heart. *.*

It seems like the world is getting over the need to "hate" Christina, and Christina and Gaga performing together probably did a lot for both their images (because, don't forget, the Gaga feud is really what started the wave of ill-will towards Xtina).

It took years, but I think the world is finally on her side again. It'll be very interesting to see how her new album is received next year. I think the difference between Bionic/Lotus and Album 6 is going to be like night and day.

royalan

I want to believe.

Believe.

And honestly, I've said it before and I'll go to my grave saying it: Bionic was not a bad album. Bloated? Maybe. But there are more than enough bops on the album to justify its existance.

Bionic era was where everything went wrong with Xtina's image and public perception, but I honestly think the album itself was only to blame for a tiny fraction of the hate (it was merely the vehicle used to channel the hate). If Christina can put out an album as good as Bionic in 2014, it WILL slay.

And the funny thing is we all know she's capable of better.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
in non-flop news

http://www.popjustice.com/thenews/katy-bs-new-album-now-tracklisting-confirmed-release-date/122392/

iUTDxpduLUURk.png
iUTDxpduLUURk.png
iUTDxpduLUURk.png
katy b-sus and robyn coming to save 2014 from filth. i'm ready.

...and now, five extra tracks on the deluxe version:

13. Blue Eyes (deluxe only)
14. Stay Down (deluxe only)
15. Hot Like Fire (deluxe only)
16. Wicked Love (deluxe only)
17. Sky's the Limit (deluxe only)
18. Little Red (Continuous Mix) (deluxe only)

She's already proven her slaying prowess in the UK, now it's time for the US to follow suit. Katy Besus will be 2014's Jessie Ware, tbqh.

OmniGamer

People don't stan Blue?
ibhuXwuIn5L6Xw.gif

I do (guess I'm kinda new here)

Blue makes me equal parts happy and sad, and it makes me think of my Mom, whom I lost in early 2012...whereas you would think Heaven would evoke those feelings. (Btw my Mom was also a Beyoncé stan, and even Lady Gaga too...I remember watching the Telephone video premiere with her)

This album is so infectious.

At first I thought No Angel would be a skip track...didn't like the high voice in the intro, but at around the 1:40 (video) mark, when the synthy strings come in, leading to her vocalizing and the "do you wanna ride" parts, the songs scoops me up and I get into it.

Pretty much any song can, and does, randomly inject itself into my head throughout the day.

Damn I wish I was back in NY so I could have a drunken Kiki with my friends to all of the videos...a few weeks earlier and it could have happened

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom