• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
vn0r9.jpg

SaintZ sis what do you think of that look?

SaintZ

SaintZ sis what do you think of that look?
I like it tbh. I'd love for her to go with this look for the rest of the "era" and promote Give You What You Like :weeps: but she won't do it. She LOOOOOOVES eyeliner and her permanent (shitty) stylist won't try new things *sigh* It's nice to see her like this once in a while. It helps to keep the hope alive.

ibc849RjgYsR5c.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Why she must do the crap pink, blue or whatever color streaks and the clothing she usually wears all the time? She looks great when she does other styles that are not Hot Topic Realness. She doesn't look bad on her usual style but she could do better.

She looks like a twink in a wig in that photo.
Good your girl got better makeup this year cause last she looked out of RuPaul Drag Race.
YPFD4.gif

Bless her for looking on point this year.

Yado

Why she must do the crap pink, blue or whatever color streaks and the clothing she usually wears all the time? She looks great when she does other styles that are not Hot Topic Realness. She doesn't look bad on her usual style but she could do better.

Being late and tacky is all Avril knows. It shows in her look and it shows in her music.

SaintZ

She dropped the streaks this era (she only used them for Rock N Roll) and while I don't mind her rocker chick look this time around I agree that she should change her style. But she's a lazy bitch who's afraid to try new things. Hopefully that will change after flopping so horribly :alexz:

JCX

For those among you breathlessly anticipating Candice Glover's post-Idol output, your sad little prayers have been answered.

I guess this is how it went:

1) Purchase new weave.
2) Hire video director (aka camera tripod)
3) Rent a couple of Tyler Perry rejects.
4) Spend the rest of the $10 budget on second weave, this one slightly wavier than the other one.

Someone throw her a coin

When BEYONCÉ came out last week, iTunes alerted me that her album was available for download.
I have not yet downloaded it :/

royalan

Godelsmetric, aka Geeta Dayal, has an essay up on Slate.

Wait, he has another essay written under the name Rob Sheffield. Godel, you sure keep busy!

Sure sounds like something he'd write.

Both of these articles are garbage.

The first one claims to be a dissection of Robin Thicke, but spends all of about a paragraph on the subject before launching into a completely unrelated defense of Lorde - something that I find to be terribly ironic, considering the subject of the article.

And the second article is even worse. Just paragraph after paragraph of the author asserting Robin Thicke is terrible without really going into why, "Oh! Robin Thicke is so terrible! Isn't he terrible!? I mean, gosh is he terrible!" ad infinitum.

Also, I'm done with so-called music journalists acting like Blurred Lines is Robin Thicke's first album, or dragging him for "mimicking Marvin Gaye" but then turning around and praising Justin Timberlake for doing the exact same thing but worse (and with even less authenticity).

Mumei

Both of these articles are garbage.

The first one claims to be a dissection of Robin Thicke, but spends all of about a paragraph on the subject before launching into a completely unrelated defense of Lorde - something that I find to be terribly ironic, considering the subject of the article.

And the second article is even worse. Just paragraph after paragraph of the author asserting Robin Thicke is terrible without really going into why, "Oh! Robin Thicke is so terrible! Isn't he terrible!? I mean, gosh is he terrible!" ad infinitum.

Also, I'm done with so-called music journalists acting like Blurred Lines is Robin Thicke's first album, or dragging him for "mimicking Marvin Gaye" but then turning around and praising Justin Timberlake for doing the exact same thing but worse (and with even less authenticity).

Drag godels for filth.

Ovid

LOL, BeyonceGAF. I was wondering what the heck kinda thread this was.

I didn't realize it was PopGAF with a title change.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I did! How do you feel about roy's dragging of your essays?

I feel like a lot of constructive reasons to dislike Blurred Lines have been offered over the year, and sometimes you just have to vent about things that are undeniably crap. There's a time for an intellectual deconstruction of bad things, and there's a time to write scads of bile-filled ranting.

So I enjoyed it for the unsubstantiated but obviously accurate rant that it was, without worrying about whether it's backed up with a fully referenced bibliography.

Cynosure

XO sounds like a last single
they should push Pretty Hurts, it has the best potential to slay

or i'm just bias because it's my favorite
Sia her power :alexz:

iblhfnbu87baKT.gif

Cynosure

i don't like Drunk In Love
i have an irrational disgust for Jay Z's voice. I can't stand his verses in Crazy In Love and Umbrella. he's borderline tolerable in only Upgrade U

but, I'm not opposed to DIL being a single if Bey can slay with it

io88vuiyMRj3n.gif

I honestly love every song off this album pretty much equally, except for these stragglers:
- No Angel
- Mine

The only ones I may skip when I listen through the whole album.

Majmun

Cynosureeeeee, welcome back *.*

I honestly love every song off this album pretty much equally, except for these stragglers:
- No Angel
- Mine

The only ones I may skip when I listen through the whole album.

I love those. No Angel has this very dark mood surrounding it. Her vocals annoyed me at first, but now I think they fit the song perfectly.

Mine just slays. It's one of my favorites actually.

I love all of the tracks. My least played tracks are Heaven and Blue, tho. They're not bad, but the rest is just so much better.

royalan

I feel like a lot of constructive reasons to dislike Blurred Lines have been offered over the year, and sometimes you just have to vent about things that are undeniably crap. There's a time for an intellectual deconstruction of bad things, and there's a time to write scads of bile-filled ranting.

So I enjoyed it for the unsubstantiated but obviously accurate rant that it was, without worrying about whether it's backed up with a fully referenced bibliography.

Can you link me to all these constructive reasons? Because all I've seen on the net is "it's about rape!" Which is just completely inaccurate.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Can you link me to all these constructive reasons? Because all I've seen on the net is "it's about rape!" Which is just completely inaccurate.

Rapey lyrics, plagiarised song, misogynist mess of a video. The list of reasons to throw Blurred Shit in the trash is as long as Robin Thinne wishes his dick was.

Superpower is lovely, but yeah, that was a hard grower. Had to give it a lot of attention for it to click.

No Angel has some appeal though, I may end up loving it. Same with Mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom