• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yado

I enjoy reading this thread, including the snark, drama, reaction gifs and shade that goes with it... but can someone clarify a few things for me?

Some of the lingo and catchphrases or whatever that are used just go over my head.

Like I understand "YASSSSS" and "slay" and so forth, but what does it mean when someone posts :eyes: Is this a sarcastic eye-roll? Or someone opening their eyes in wonder?
And when someone reacts with "kiiiiiiiiiiiii" what is that? Just like, a squeal of delight? Or something more sinister?
Also, what is "screaming", is it a more severe form of "lol"??

Eyes is used in place of that little image of two eyes looking shiftily to the side. I think...
You're correct about the rest of them.

SaintZ

I enjoy reading this thread, including the snark, drama, reaction gifs and shade that goes with it... but can someone clarify a few things for me?

Some of the lingo and catchphrases or whatever that are used just go over my head.

Like I understand "YASSSSS" and "slay" and so forth, but what does it mean when someone posts :eyes: Is this a sarcastic eye-roll? Or someone opening their eyes in wonder?
:eyes: =

eye.png

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

And when someone reacts with "kiiiiiiiiiiiii" what is that? Just like, a squeal of delight? Or something more sinister?
Also, what is "screaming", is it a more severe form of "lol"??

Educate yourself with the stan dictionary. Anything missing just ask us.

Yado

sis- Real World Definition: a term of endearment for a female associate - "I'm going to the movies with my good sis Kimberly."
Stan Wars Definition: a husky, burly, ashy, hairy male homosexual - "I'm going to the Pink Friday Tour with my good sis DeAndre"

KuGsj.gif

Zutroy

If you're saying J.lo isn't a big star then...fair enough. If you're saying she can't dance then what other *looks up J.lo's age* HOLY FUCK she's almost 45! I'm even more impressed.

Let's examine some truths here:

1) Your fave can't sing.
Well at least our faves have something in common now-a-days

2) Your fave can't dance.
False.

3) Your fave can't even lip-sync properly anymore.
Huh? Don't know where that's came from but she's had enough practise so I don't believe it.

4) You fave can no longer make good music.
False. BJ gets dragged like hell on here, but I've got plenty of use out of it. Even my friends who always tease me about being a Britney stan say there's a whole bunch of songs they like from it. Maybe it's because it's more euro pop.

5) Your fave can't even pretend to be bothered in interviews.
True.

6) Your fave looks like an over-boiled bratwurst in every costume she wears despite her team going on and on about how much she works out.
As a straight, I can tell you that you're wrong. Brit's been looking amazing in her PoM costumes. Her body is currently perfectly in between being toned and fit and not looking horribly thin.

7) Your fave has literally no control over her life and gets trotted out like a circus freak whenever her father needs to fill his coffers with more money and the last bit of his daughter's dignity.
I am BJ showed this isn't true.

8) Hell, your fave can't tell whether or not she's drooling on camera.
Again false, but it's better than not being able to tell that she's bleeding at a funeral on camera

But do what a Britney stan does best: when times are tough cry out, "b-b-but Christina!" Only...Britney's now the pathetic has-been flop and that excuse has run out. Say what you want about Christina, but at least she's a Grown-ass Woman who can do whatever the fuck she wants to. At least she's still capable of finding success in her career and under her own cognizance, as her successful singles and continued radio relevance have shown. And when Christina gets on a stage, at least her fans can say with confidence that she's doing what she loves to do, and at least Christina can muster up enough energy to at least look involved.

Except it's the opposite that's the case, Brit's biggest stan Cyno is always bringing up what she's up too. There's not that many Army members in Popgaf, and like the general public Xtina never crosses our minds.

And yes, Christina gets paid millions to sit her beautiful ass down on the most popular singing competition in the country and judge lessors, and when she left for one season? They paid her MORE to come back. Hun, not only was your fave basically given the boot from her "me too!" stint on Flop Factor, but it's hardly fair to say she was there at all - it'd be better to give credit whoever the hell it was pulling her strings back stage.

You Britney stans have been running from the truth for a while but you've now hit a wall: your fave is done. She's over. Her appeal, her power, her talent, and her ability to snatch are finished and what remains of any of it is now hanging by a wire in Vegas for the entire world to LAUGH AT. And once those two years of hell are over your fave is slinking off to some hovel in LA to grow even fatter, lazier and talentless than she is today.

Meanwhile, not only has Christina maintained her relevance (under her own power, mind you), but she's quite easily on the verge of a comeback. Must suck.

Christina and relevance isn't something that goes together in a sentence. She's not fallen out of the minds of American's completely yet, but the same can't be said for the rest of the world. She's so irrelevant in the UK that despite looking the best she's ever looked in her life, she still didn't make the FHM 100 sexiest list.
I miss Kyon.

If you're saying J.lo isn't a big star then...fair enough. If you're saying she can't dance then what other *looks up J.lo's age* HOLY FUCK she's almost 45! I'm even more impressed.

I miss Kyon.

Me too. We was having a moment on twitter about our Slaystar... :(

Britney still sucks tho :(

I'm hype for another Madonna album. Out of all the other old age pop divas, she's the only one I can continuously get hyped for even if I think she should retire and collect her AARP card.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
^^ This post reads like Wii U defense.

really though? from a stanbase that, in spite of all evidence, every disappointing sale figure, every flop after flop after flop era, maintains doggedly that their fave is on the verge of a rebound and comeback. you're going to say that another stanbase sounds like wiiu defense.

okay.

Fey

Banned
The way I see iT, Madonna's albums come in 3s.

Madonna/LaV/True Blue: 80s pop trinity
LaP/Erotica/BS: More adult/mature, RnB trinity
RoL/Music/AL: Electronic trinity
CoaDF/HC/MDNA: Dance/(attempt to) return to mainstream trinity

It is time for the next era.

ibvVTFvbFtuqNW.gif

royalan

really though? from a stanbase that, in spite of all evidence, every disappointing sale figure, every flop after flop after flop era, maintains doggedly that their fave is on the verge of a rebound and comeback. you're going to say that another stanbase sounds like wiiu defense.

okay.

What evidence? The huge Voice paycheck? Her ability to launch careers? The fact that Your Body is about to hit 100 million YouTube views despite the fact that she has STILL yet to perform it? The fact that Christina has managed to stay as relevant as she currently is while doing so little should be proof enough.

The potential for a Christina comeback is obvious to anyone not blinded by hate to see it. Even the good sis Mau can smell a comeback.

Meanwhile, Britney's so far gone at this point that there's pretty much no way she'd ever come back. Better soak-in this half-assed Vegas stint, because she's over and out when it's done.

#SorryBoutIt

Woooooo this does remind me of my Xtina ex-stanning era back in the 90's. All those Xtina vs Britney arguments I would get into, oh boy. All those weave snatching moments when it got heated.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
What evidence? The huge Voice paycheck? Her ability to launch careers? The fact that Your Body is about to hit 100 million YouTube views despite the fact that she has STILL yet to perform it? The fact the Christina has managed to stay as relevant as she currently is while doing so little should is proof enough.

The potential for a Christina comeback is obvious to anyone not blinded by hate to see it. Even the good sis Mau can smell a comeback.

Meanwhile, Britney's so far gone at this point that there's pretty much no way she'd ever come back. Better soak-in this half-assed Vegas stint, because she's over and out when it's done.

#SorryBoutIt

I agree. Britney is gone when the Vegas shows are finished. That's obvious.

But

How long have you been harping on about a Christina comeback? You insisted it was coming before Lotus, which opened to sales lower than the ones that you are currently referring to as a 'pathetic flop' when Britney gets them. You think that ~100mn views for Your Body is somehow impressive despite Work Bitch getting ~70mn in 1/4 of the time and with the same number of public performances. She hasn't toured in, what, seven years? No. GP. Interest.

Lets see if this long promised comeback ever materialises. I see absolutely no evidence at all that it is coming. The GP just doesn't care for your fave. Even The Onion makes jokes about how not here for your fave the GP is.

royalan

I agree. Britney is gone when the Vegas shows are finished. That's obvious.

But

How long have you been harping on about a Christina comeback? You insisted it was coming before Lotus, which opened to sales lower than the ones that you are currently referring to as a 'pathetic flop' when Britney gets them. You think that ~100mn views for Your Body is somehow impressive despite Work Bitch getting ~70mn in 1/4 of the time and with the same number of public performances.

Lets see if this long promised comeback ever materialises.

To be fair, I called off Lotus being a comeback before the album released. It was obvious Lotus was just a label-pleaser when it was the week of release and she STILL hadn't performed the lead single.

Lotus could have been a comeback if Christina were at 100%. She wasn't even at 50%, and I DID call her out on it. :(

However, something IS different this time around. The weight loss, her noticeably better attitude on The Voice, performing with Gaga and taking specific steps to improve her image with the GP, her regular performances and song features. She didn't do ANY of this in the lead up to Lotus. She's doing stuff she did in the lead up to Back To basics. She's even back in the studio with Linda Perry AND DJ Premier (Ain't No Other Man), the producers responsible for some of her BEST songs.

The comeback is coming. This time it's real. ;_____;

To be fair, I called off Lotus being a comeback before the album released. It was obvious Lotus was just a label-pleaser when it was the week of release and she STILL hadn't performed the lead single.

Lotus could have been a comeback if Christina were at 100%. She wasn't even at 50%, and I DID call her out on it. :(

However, something IS different this time around. The weight loss, her noticeably better attitude on The Voice, performing with Gaga and taking specific steps to improve her image with the GP, her regular performances and song features. She didn't do ANY of this in the lead up to Lotus. She's doing stuff she did in the lead up to Back To basics. She's even back in the studio with Linda Perry AND DJ Premier (Ain't No Other Man), the producers responsible for some of her BEST songs.

The comeback is coming. This time it's real. ;_____;

I have a really good feeling about Christina's comeback. Even if it's not successful I know it will be better than Lotus.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
honest to god, if there's something that could reasonably be called an xtina comeback i will buy her next album on itunes and will never drag her again

Styles

Taylor Swift is the first female to out all their stadium shows in Australia:

2 Taylor Swift, Guy Sebastian, Neon Trees Etihad Stadium Melbourne, Australia Dec. 14, 2013
$4,547,250 47,257 / 47,257 1 / 1
3 Taylor Swift, Guy Sebastian, Neon Trees Allianz Stadium Sydney, Australia Dec. 4, 2013
$4,096,060 40,930 / 40,930 1 / 1
4 Taylor Swift, Guy Sebastian, Neon Trees Suncorp Stadium Brisbane, Australia Dec. 7, 2013
$3,895,810 38,907 / 38,907 1 / 1
5 Taylor Swift, Neon Trees Vector Arena Auckland, New Zealand Nov. 29-Dec. 1, 2013
$3,100,290 30,799 / 30,799 3 / 3
7 Taylor Swift, Guy Sebastian, Neon Trees nib Stadium Perth, Australia Dec. 11, 2013
$2,364,080 21,827 / 21,827 1 / 1

Not even Madonna could. Legend.

Who was it that said this?

Nope, she couldn't even afford to visit all of Australia last time she came. I said it earlier on re: Perth.

Is it better to do stadium shows and not sell out, or is it better to just do multiple arena shows and sell them all out (aka Pink, Gaga, Nicki in the past few years come to mind)

If it's the latter, than I don't know why her team is doing this. The only acts who have sold out here are the absolutely huge ones like Michael Jackson, David Bowie, Madonna (for Girlie Show) and the Rolling Stones.

Oh, and U2.

I think it's laughable (and objectively I'm sure most will agree) to think Taylor is on the same level or could even command such a large audience.

ibmR7UDZPTgxMt.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I think that Tay wouldn't need to ask the chauffeur to raise the partition, nobody wanna see T-Swift on her knees.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Why would anyone be excited about a new Madonna album though?

Madonna is the only other who could get me as excited for an album as Gaga and Kylie!!! <3

And yes I love MDNA and Hard Candy just as much as her earlier stuff, especially their related world tours. Bey who? Madonna is the reigning Queen of Pop, 30 years and counting <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom