• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the total package you know, the curves, the rhythm, and the voice. I'm just the best

'I just feel like I was born for this time right now. I'm just the total package, you know? All things must start and end and I hope to have the same success as other icons in the game when my run is over. But for now, my run is just starting.'

366x232px-89ffecee_laugh.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
AZEALIA BANKS ‏@AZEALIABANKS 3m
Me and Busta Rhymes have some fire for the streets!!!! LOL it's gonna blow ya minds!!!!!
Busta Rhymes ‏@BustaRhymes 8h
By the way me and @AzealiaBanks just made a banger... #Staytuned...
Busta Rhymes ‏@BustaRhymes 8h
@AzealiaBanks is a Genius with her art!!!! #REALRAP

BWET track list still not finalised or is this for fantasea 2?

Piggybacking off of Soul-sis' brilliant reading of that walking cautionary tale, I think the worst thing about about "Piece of Me" is that it didn't have to be as unbearably pathetic as it is. I think the public has gotten used to the fact that "Britney Jean" is not the old Britney. She's old, brittle, haggard, and just not as into it as she used to be. Well, into it at all, really. I think "Piece of Me" (and the new album) could have been a good opportunity for Britney Spears the entertainer to evolve into a more genuine representation of who Britney Spears the person is. As such, I was expecting Britney's Vegas show to be a bit more subdued, raw, and intimate an offering. I think most people were expecting that. And the sad thing is I think Britney herself wants that. In most of her interviews this era Britney has been incredibly subdued -- talking about her family, her children, and not being as "sexy" as she used to be when she was younger. The Britney we've gotten in interviews this era is so different from the Britney being propped up in front of us that Larry Rudolph and her father have had to go on the record apologizing for Britney "misspeaking" about her own damn life. This is the Britney that wants to make make a big band album. This is the Britney that wants to evolve into something else.

Instead, we get this mindless rag doll going through the motions on a stage she seems barely cognizant of. This lifeless person playing at being a pop star, and really not seeming to believe the act herself.

What's worse is that this not only highlights how little a say Britney has in her own career and life choices, but it highlights just how out-of-touch the people who are in control (her succubus father and sleazy manager) are. Britney's loyal fans and the public are ready to see Britney transform into something else. Britney is ready to see Britney transform into something. But Larry and Papa Spears are like two perverted old geezers who can only see Britney in terms of stripper heels and revealing outfits. To them, Britney's appeal will only ever be that. And that's just fucking sad.

This pretty much sums it up to a fine T. Bravo sis.

Now that we've laid that out, we can move on from the has-jean and give our attention and coin to pop stars that deserve it.

Majmun

Who cares about hit singles when your album is smashing left and right.

I mean, what's a bigger smash?

A $1,29 single that sells over 2mln copies?

Or

A $15,99 album that sells over 2mln copies?

???

Majmun

Talking about smashing...

Beyonce's "Beyonce" winds up as the eighth-best-selling album of 2013, even though it was available for just the last three weeks of the year. It's the first album to wind up in the year-end top 10 based on just three weeks of sales availability in the Nielsen SoundScan era. The former record-holder is Garth Brooks' "Sevens," which ranked among the top 10 albums of 1997 even though it was available for just the last five weeks of that year.

Beyonce's "Beyonce" is #8 (1,301,000). This is the year's top album by a female artist and the year's top (non-rap) R&B album. This marks the sixth time that Beyonce has had an album in the year-end top 10 (counting her work with Destiny's Child).

With Beyonce and Jay Z both securing slots in the year-end top 10, this marks the first time in chart history that a husband and wife have separately made the year-end top 10.

Click

The Carters are slaying so hard. Can't wait for Rihanna's new albun

DMeisterJ

Banned
Who cares about hit singles when your album is smashing left and right.

I mean, what's a bigger smash?

A $1,29 single that sells over 2mln copies?

Or

A $15,99 album that sells over 2mln copies?

???

It's better to have one single sell 4M, one sell 3M, one sell 1M, one sell 500k, and an album that sells 4M worldwide.

Why choose when you can have both?

Majmun

It's better to have one single sell 4M, one sell 3M, one sell 1M, one sell 500k, and an album that sells 4M worldwide.

Why choose when you can have both?

When talking about revenue. single vs album artist

Those 8,5mln singles sold at $1,29 will generate $11mln for a singles artist
An album that sells 4mln units at $15,99 will generate $64mln

A successful album is way more lucrative than one or two smash singles. Bey knows what she's doing. Sure, the songs smashing would be great, but people are buying the $15,99 album instead of the $1,29 single.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
It still baffles me when I remember that she performed three times at the olympics

Matt_

wasn't she like one of the most successful female musicians of 2013?

Highest selling album of 2012 and second highest of 2013, 66 consecutive weeks in the top 10 beating a record held for 60 years by the Beatles. I just don't get why, I never hear of her and I don't think I've ran into anyone that likes her so who the fuck is buying her album is beyond me.
Either way, however successful she was, when the Olympics came about she was really new and even more of a local than she is now. Not good enough and certainly not known enough to take up three performance slots.

Majmun

Top 5 highest female weekly album sales of 2013:

1. BEYONCÉ 617K
2. BEYONCÉ 374K (week 2)
3. BEYONCÉ 310K (week 3)
4. Prism 287k
5. Bangerz 270k

Feels good stanning for quality AND charts this time around.

So now I see why that girl was seething so hard when Gaga named her song Gypsy. After watching "My big fat Gypsy Wedding"..... What is civilized? Two episodes so far and all I see are dudes getting their teeth punched in and ridiculous subjected women. Go figure....

But their dresses are always on point.

Edit: Ke÷ha is foul. This is not new. That stunt doesn't even surprise me.

Matt_

My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding is so wrong it's right
My-Big-Fat-Gypsy-Wedding-.gif

Trigger

I find Stay the Night kinda generic. It's not bad, but it really doesn't grab me at all. Heard it on the radio a few times today.

Stay the night is okay but what do you expect from high quality djs who make generic 3 layered beat songs that lack creativity for the sake of a radio hit? Calvin Harris started this sell out crap and the rest fell in line.

This Gypsy show is ridiculous. It's like something things are good but most are bad. I don't know if they are racist against anything but a Gypsy but it sure looks like it.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I enjoy reading this thread, including the snark, drama, reaction gifs and shade that goes with it... but can someone clarify a few things for me?

Some of the lingo and catchphrases or whatever that are used just go over my head.

Like I understand "YASSSSS" and "slay" and so forth, but what does it mean when someone posts :eyes: Is this a sarcastic eye-roll? Or someone opening their eyes in wonder?
And when someone reacts with "kiiiiiiiiiiiii" what is that? Just like, a squeal of delight? Or something more sinister?
Also, what is "screaming", is it a more severe form of "lol"??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom